It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: George Soros Bullish on Ukraine - Maybe?  (Read 6848 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
George Soros Bullish on Ukraine - Maybe?
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »

"The veteran hedge fund investor told an Austrian newspaper he was prepared to invest $1 billion in the collapsing war-ravaged economy under certain circumstances."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/30/investing/ukraine-soros-billion-russia/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Related to this:  http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/08/news/soros-ukraine-europe-50-billion/index.html?iid=EL

George Soros has called on Europe to stump up $50 billion in aid to support Ukraine as its economy withers in the wake of ongoing conflict with Russia.

In an essay published in the New York Review of Books on Thursday, Soros said the financial package is needed to help the Ukrainian government embark on radical economic reforms.

The billionaire investor and philanthropist said while he supports the continuation of sanctions against Russia, the focus must be shifted from punishing Russia to helping Ukraine.

"Ukraine is defending Europe's borders," Soros was quoted as saying. "But above all, the country is fighting for European values such as the rule of law and freedom. That is too often forgotten."

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: George Soros Bullish on Ukraine - Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »
Soros-Owned Restaurant Sued for Wage Violations

A Syracuse, N.Y., restaurant owned by the liberal billionaire George Soros doesn’t pay its tipped employees fair wages, some of those employees alleged in a lawsuit filed this week.

Those employees signed on to a class suit lodged this week against the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que restaurant chain, the Syracuse Post-Standard reported on Monday.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/soros-owned-restaurant-sued-for-wage-violations/

Offline Muzh

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »
Soros-Owned Restaurant Sued for Wage Violations

A Syracuse, N.Y., restaurant owned by the liberal billionaire George Soros doesn’t pay its tipped employees fair wages, some of those employees alleged in a lawsuit filed this week.

Those employees signed on to a class suit lodged this week against the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que restaurant chain, the Syracuse Post-Standard reported on Monday.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/soros-owned-restaurant-sued-for-wage-violations/

Best ribs ever.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:15:27 PM »
Bump...........

Leaked: George Soros ‘Puppet Master’ Behind Ukrainian Regime, Trails Of Corruption Revealed   Hacked emails also reveal Soros' machinations with the US Government and the officials of the European Union in a scheme where, if he succeeds, he could win billions in the plunder of Ukraine assets. All, of course, would be at the expense of Ukrainian citizens and of EU taxpayers.            

Ran across some older articles on this guy.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/leaked-george-soros-puppet-master-behind-ukrainian-regime/206574/

‘Self-appointed advocate of new Ukraine’: Soros emails leaked by anti-Kiev hackers
http://www.rt.com/news/264037-soros-ukraine-poroshenko-leak/?

Soros = Benevolent .....................................nah ::)

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
He's old, he's already made a fortune, and I do believe that he really wants to change the face of Eastern Europe for the better.  I think that would be a great legacy.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
He's old, he's already made a fortune, and I do believe that he really wants to change the face of Eastern Europe for the better.  I think that would be a great legacy.

He VERY recently invested millions in Coal energy companies...which he had previously railed against.  He helped drive the shares to 1 dollar, with a looming bankruptcy, and now he is buying them up, driving the price up also.  He stands to make a lot of money on this.  I own the stock, look it up...BTU.   I have doubts about what Soros is actually about. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »

Soros advice to the new government in Ukraine last year came at a crucial time.Encouragment needed at that time that western investment would come to the right environment.
He has put money where his mouth was.
The shape and direction of a new Ukraine can be argued endlessly--but getting the economy to a functioning free market basis is no small task.
I have my own reservations about Soros type investment in general--but realistically beggars can't be choosers who they choose for bedfellows. In the same way that  compromises have needed to be made in the political alliances( I am referring to internal issues here) compromise is the key word to economic progress .
Already the influx of Chinese money is impacting in Ukraine--and there is and has been a lot of Chinese money floating around looking for a home(investment)
Also to be noted--Soros is not without the ability to influence US directions--and his contribution to see help for Ukraine should be noted.
Ukraine needs every friend it can get at this crucial time.Soros's heart is in the right place with Ukraine.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »

I have doubts about what Soros is actually about. 

Reviewing some of these links, it looks like Soros wants to expand the war between the east and west Ukraine.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline JayH

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:58 PM »
Reviewing some of these links, it looks like Soros wants to expand the war between the east and west Ukraine.

There is no war between "the east and west Ukraine"

There is an invasion by Russia in eastern Ukraine being resisted by Ukraine -- so any definition is Ukraine is at war with Russia-- as Ukraine seeks to defend itself and the rights of the Ukrainian people.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
There is no war between "the east and west Ukraine"

Tell that to George Soros.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »
I have doubts about what Soros is actually about. 

Stop the presses, we agree on something!

I will go back to bed and try waking up again--this just cannot be.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »
Tf, there truly is no war of East vs West. But Soros may be another Henry Ford or Joseph Kennedy -- investing in both sides at least means you appear to come out on top with the winner, whoever that may be.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 07:56:27 AM »
Soros is evil.  This is the guy, that knew he was Jewish, and had fun working with the German Nazis to confiscate other Jewish people's property.

Seems his MO has been consistent all his life.

From the Dec 20th 1998 "60 Minutes"  (TV news show) broadcast:

(bold emphasis is mine)

KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c -- I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was -- well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets -- that if I weren't there -- of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would -- would -- would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the -- whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the -- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 09:05:56 AM »
Would it have been better had he decided to out himself and go to a concentration camp?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
Would it have been better had he decided to out himself and go to a concentration camp?

Notice his equivalence to markets - "well, if I didn't (do X) then someone else would have". 

Under that philosophy, it is entirely acceptable for me to sleep with married women (that are married to someone else), since "if I didn't sleep with them, they would sleep with someone else".

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 11:55:55 AM »

Would be better if he would now grow a spine, repent, and man up. It's not too late until it is too late.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
Tf, there truly is no war of East vs West. But Soros may be another Henry Ford or Joseph Kennedy -- investing in both sides at least means you appear to come out on top with the winner, whoever that may be.

Both sides of what?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
Both sides of what?

Of anything, usually conflicts. Those investing on both sides are generally profiting from both sides. Those in the ilk of Soros will instigate or perpetuate any conflict for profit. It's what they do

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
Both sides as in investing both in the Allies, and investing in the Nazi economy during the war. They were going to come out on the side of victors no matter who won.

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »
Both sides as in investing both in the Allies, and investing in the Nazi economy during the war. They were going to come out on the side of victors no matter who won.

You are overlooking fact that such investors stand to lose 100% of everything invested with losers.

In a 50/50 split of investing, they would come out the same as those who had invested zero.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 10:00:55 PM »
You are overlooking fact that such investors stand to lose 100% of everything invested with losers.

In a 50/50 split of investing, they would come out the same as those who had invested zero.

One would have thought with your education and financial prowess you would understand that investing 20% on the losing side to prolong the conflict and protect the 50% on the winning side is a damn good return

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 05:09:25 AM »

As long as the potential return is $3 for every $1 invested, then it is a safe strategy.  Have a look at what even the WWI war profiteers made in USA and you will a) be surprised b) understand how the scam works.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 08:18:22 AM »
Forget about Nazis.
Both sides of what in Ukraine?

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »

ML:    In a 50/50 split of investing, they would come out the same as those who had invested zero.
- - - - -
One would have thought with your education and financial prowess you would understand that investing 20% on the losing side to prolong the conflict and protect the 50% on the winning side is a damn good return

= = = = = =

First, I didn't twist words as you did in turning my 50/50 into 20/50.

Second, pretty weird investing 20% on one side and 50% on another side.  I guess in some worlds percentages do not have to add up to 100%.

Third, nice trick to invest most on winning side.  This will serve well in Vegas.  Be great tactic to use in lottery also.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »

Not munitions czars. They make $$$$ no matter what.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM