It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 407956 times)

Offline Larissa2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1825 on: September 04, 2015, 04:29:11 AM »
Now that's funny!   ;D
Why in the hell do we have so many Russians living in the USA as well as still waiting in line to get visas to move here?  If your posts are a reflection of what you were taught about history, it doesn't speak well about the Russian education system.

I never go to the United States. You have credits, GMO food. Maybe go stupid people. Many returned.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1826 on: September 04, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
I live in Ukraine. Where do you live? I follow the news on internet news sources from the entire world. Where do you get your news?
You are a victim of Western propaganda.
I understand you. I live in Russia.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1827 on: September 04, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »
Um, Boe, you mentioned Denmark and Greece twice.  (Just sayin!)

Do you have any pictures of the signing of the Molotov / Ribbentrop Pact?

Below is a diagram of the Soviet / Nazi negotiations and how Poland was to be split between them.

I live in Russia.You telling me about the war.In Russia, every meter of land drenched in the blood of Russian soldiers
Churchill is coward. He opened a second front in Europe in 1944. Russia was at war for three years.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:54:37 AM by Larissa2 »

Offline Larissa2

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1829 on: September 04, 2015, 05:42:27 AM »
I never go to the United States. You have credits, GMO food. Maybe go stupid people. Many returned.

Credit cards are convenient.  Mortgages mean people can buy homes.

One can eat GMO free in the U.S., just by purchasing organically grown foods, and most are not significantly more expensive than non organic products.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:16:37 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1831 on: September 04, 2015, 05:51:47 AM »
You are a victim of Western propaganda.
I understand you. I live in Russia.

Please quote all this "Western propaganda".

I was in Ukraine this summer.  I've met victims of the war.  I've met wounded soldiers who were in battle.  Are they all victims of propaganda too, while you, safely ensconced thousands of miles away, know what is happening better in a foreign country?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1832 on: September 04, 2015, 06:19:38 AM »
In Russia, every meter of land drenched in the blood of Russian soldiers
Untrue.

Churchill is coward. He opened a second front in Europe in 1944. Russia was at war for three years.

The United Kingdom was at war for six years.  So what's your point?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:45:43 AM by Boethius »

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1833 on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:53 AM »

Please quote all this "Western propaganda".

I was in Ukraine this summer.  I've met victims of the war.  I've met wounded soldiers who were in battle.  Are they all victims of propaganda too, while you, safely ensconced thousands of miles away, know what is happening better in a foreign country?

Russian and Ukrainian are Slavs.We are Orthodox. We can not be divided.War provoke certain circles. You want to say that Russia has placed its troops in Libya, Iraq, Serbia?There is a war with Orthodox countries.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1834 on: September 04, 2015, 07:01:42 AM »

Untrue.

The United Kingdom was at war for six years.  So what's your point?

See my links.In Russia, every meter of land drenched in the blood of our soldiers.The Battle of Kursk, the battle for Moscow, the Battle of Stalingrad, Sevastopol.Where are the allies?Our troops liberated almost all of Europe.
Give me the link for the release of European allies.

How many Russian soldiers were killed and how many Englishmen?

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1835 on: September 04, 2015, 07:21:40 AM »
Larissa,

Because you live in Russia, you think that you can re-write history?  Russian history is filled with failed five year plans.  Russian history is filled with pogroms.  Russian history is filled with gulags.  And, yes, Russian history includes victory on the Eastern Front of WWII.

United States has been a friend of Russia many times.  Especially during WWII. You think all those tanks and planes came from Kharkov Tractor Factory during WWII?  Many of the planes were delivered through an Alaskan/Siberian delivery route and came from the United States.  Our equipment, Russian bodies.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/amb-bravo369.html

No one on this forum disputes the great sacrifices made by the Russian people to contribute to victory of WWII.  But Russia did not do these things alone.

And Russia was actually Germany's ally at start of war.  Which was why I highlighted Molotov Ribbentrop Pact, something you completely ignore.

Every nation suffered during WWII.  No one more than Russia. But that doesn't mean that Russia won the war.  Only that Russia was so unprepared for war that burnt earth and the death of the population seemed to be the only way that Russia could stave off surrender. 

Remember that Stalin moved all his factories and even the government to the Urals.  There is a reason for the Tank Trap Memorial on the outskirts of Moscow.  It marks the farthest advance of the German troops.

Ultimately the victories at Stalingrad and Kursk paved the way for the Eastern Front defeat of the Germans.

We know these things. We do not downplay them or think them insignificant.

But you come on this forum, which favors relationships between Western Men and FSU Women and try and tell us revisionist history and that Westerners are not worthy of your relationship and you will not only get push back, but you will make yourself unavailable for a man.

Perhaps you should tone down your belligerence and ask about relationships with men, not trying to give us a history lesson.

Oh, just because your home is Russia doesn't mean that men on this forum cannot have affection for your country.  I have been to Russia many times over the last 20 years.  I am currently on my second trip to Russia this year and living in St. Petersburg.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1836 on: September 04, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
So what?It signed a non-aggression pact that Germany violated.
Read the comments first.A man who lives in the West, is telling me about Russia.

I am glad that in the US there are people who know the truth about the war and Russia.
I came to this forum just to see.
Welcome to Russia.Good luck.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1837 on: September 04, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
To be honest, I'm glad to meet with real men.
 I am tired of scammers, spammers and entertained on dating sites.

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1838 on: September 04, 2015, 08:08:45 AM »
Russian and Ukrainian are Slavs.We are Orthodox. We can not be divided.War provoke certain circles. You want to say that Russia has placed its troops in Libya, Iraq, Serbia?There is a war with Orthodox countries.

Putin has done a nearly perfect job of dividing Ukraine from the floundering Soviet Union 2.0 (Russia). He has, with the excellent assistance of the invading and murdering Russian Army, managed to cause Ukraine to become very pro-western. The Ukrainian national security council officially declared, two days ago, Russia as a military opponent of Ukraine, http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/09/02/world/europe/ap-eu-ukraine.html?smid=re-share&_r=0, and announced the intention to prepare Ukraine to join NATO. "We cannot be divided."??? Putin divided you...live with it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:51:37 AM by cc3 »

Online krimster2

« Reply #1839 on: September 04, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
Larissa,
   While the British were evacuating Dunkirk, where was Mother Russia?  They were busy supplying the Nazi war machine with raw materials, this cozy arrangement was also part of the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact.  So you see Hitler and Stalin were allies before they were enemies.  You claim there was no Western “second front”, really?  What if the Nazi forces that the US/Britain pinned down in North Africa/Italy in 1942-1943 were instead available for use in the East, how many more Russians would have died as a result?  What if the massive US/British bombing campaign that began in earnest in 1942 to destroy the Nazi industrial base never happened, and as a result the Nazis had much more military equipment to deploy in the East, how many more Russians would have died as a result?  What if the massive amount of weapons and food that the US sent to Russia never took place, how many more Russians would have died as a result?   You may be surprised to learn that out of desperation, Stalin was considering allowing Western troops to fight in the East, but decided against it, so you might want to blame him for this, along with the purges that destroyed the top Soviet military leadership.  The reason the Soviet Union had so many casualties was Stalin and not Churchill. 

Offline KenInUtah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1840 on: September 04, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
Larissa, everyone in the US was taught ALL the facts on WWII.  That Nazi Germany fell because they could not handle a two front war, the Allies from the West and the Russians from the East.  Believe it or not, Americans all believe it was a joint effort by many countries that defeated Hitler and Hirohito.  We were not led to believe, ever, that we did it all alone and honestly, every American, Brit, Canadian, French...is offended that some Russians still believe that Russia took down Nazi Germany singlehandedly.

While there is no dispute that Russia took the most casualties, the Allies were in WWII WAY before 1944.  Here is a list of all the Allied Nations casualties.  Yes, the USSR took 1/2 of them all but there were nearly 20,000,000 allied casualties as well - Russia did not defeat the Nazis alone.

SOVIET UNION       20,000,000
CHINA                10,000,000
POLAND               5,800,000
YUGOSLAVIA        1,700,000
FRANCE               600,000
CZECHOSLOVAKIA    415,000
UNITED STATES       400,000
UNITED KINGDOM     388,000
NETHERLANDS        210,000
GREECE               160,000
BELGIUM               88,000
CANADA                    37,000
INDIA               37,000
AUSTRALIA        35,000
ALBANIA               30,000
BULGARIA               20,000
NEW ZEALAND        12,000
NORWAY                10,300
SOUTH AFRICA            7,000
ETHIOPIA                    5,000
LUXEMBOURG            5,000
MALTA                    2,000
DENMARK                    1,400
BRAZIL                    1,000
ALLIED TOTAL            39,963,700

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1841 on: September 04, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »
Putin has done an nearly perfect job of dividing Ukraine from the floundering Soviet Union 2.0 (Russia). He has, with excellent assistance of the invading and murdering Russian Army, managed to cause Ukraine to become very pro-western. The Ukrainian national security council officially declared, two days ago, Russia as a military opponent of Ukraine, http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/09/02/world/europe/ap-eu-ukraine.html?smid=re-share&_r=0, and announced the intention to prepare Ukraine to join NATO. "We cannot be divided."??? Putin divided you...live with it.

Poroshenko-Valtsman pro-Western puppet.I am a citizen of Russia, and I am opposed to NATO expansion to the East.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1842 on: September 04, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
Larissa, everyone in the US was taught ALL the facts on WWII.  That Nazi Germany fell because they could not handle a two front war, the Allies from the West and the Russians from the East.  Believe it or not, Americans all believe it was a joint effort by many countries that defeated Hitler and Hirohito.  We were not led to believe, ever, that we did it all alone and honestly, every American, Brit, Canadian, French...is offended that some Russians still believe that Russia took down Nazi Germany singlehandedly.

While there is no dispute that Russia took the most casualties, the Allies were in WWII WAY before 1944.  Here is a list of all the Allied Nations casualties.  Yes, the USSR took 1/2 of them all but there were nearly 20,000,000 allied casualties as well - Russia did not defeat the Nazis alone.

SOVIET UNION       20,000,000
CHINA                10,000,000
POLAND               5,800,000
YUGOSLAVIA        1,700,000
FRANCE               600,000
CZECHOSLOVAKIA    415,000
UNITED STATES       400,000
UNITED KINGDOM     388,000
NETHERLANDS        210,000
GREECE               160,000
BELGIUM               88,000
CANADA                    37,000
INDIA               37,000
AUSTRALIA        35,000
ALBANIA               30,000
BULGARIA               20,000
NEW ZEALAND        12,000
NORWAY                10,300
SOUTH AFRICA            7,000
ETHIOPIA                    5,000
LUXEMBOURG            5,000
MALTA                    2,000
DENMARK                    1,400
BRAZIL                    1,000
ALLIED TOTAL            39,963,700

I did not say that Russia alone won the war.You have enough truthful information.I just responded to cues that the Allies won the war.I understand very little English.

Offline KenInUtah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1843 on: September 04, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
The Allies DID win the war.  And after Hitler attacked Russia, violating the non-agression pact, Russia joined the Allies.  If you see in the list I provided, the Soviet Union is included.  the USSR was part of the Allied Coalition.

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1844 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
Larissa,

Do you have any idea how offensive you are being painting Poroshenko as a Jew and, therefore, that the Jews and the West are the source of Ukraine's problems? 

By using the name Valtsman, you are trying to conjure up the image that Poroshenko, who was born to a Moldovan Jewish father, who took the name of his wife, Poroshenko, should be considered illegitimate to be the leader of Ukraine.  This is an EXTREME Russian position.  In the United States, we do not care what your origins are so much.  Look, we have a black president.  (No one on this forum likes him much.)

What I consider outrageous in the Russian thought these days is that they call Ukrainians Nazis in one sentence and led by a Jew in the next.  This is pure propaganda hatred.  It is foolish.

I cannot imagine why you would not leave alone the politics and concentrate on meeting a man.  You want men who are not scammers or there for entertainment, yet you offer extreme positions that are sure to offend any thinking Westerner.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1845 on: September 04, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
Larissa,

Do you have any idea how offensive you are being painting Poroshenko as a Jew and, therefore, that the Jews and the West are the source of Ukraine's problems? 

By using the name Valtsman, you are trying to conjure up the image that Poroshenko, who was born to a Moldovan Jewish father, who took the name of his wife, Poroshenko, should be considered illegitimate to be the leader of Ukraine.  This is an EXTREME Russian position.  In the United States, we do not care what your origins are so much.  Look, we have a black president.  (No one on this forum likes him much.)

What I consider outrageous in the Russian thought these days is that they call Ukrainians Nazis in one sentence and led by a Jew in the next.  This is pure propaganda hatred.  It is foolish.

I cannot imagine why you would not leave alone the politics and concentrate on meeting a man.  You want men who are not scammers or there for entertainment, yet you offer extreme positions that are sure to offend any thinking Westerner.

In Donbass children are dying.We pray that God averted war on Russia.
I have doubt, do I have to meet someone.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1846 on: September 04, 2015, 09:48:32 AM »

I am Ukrainian.  I am also Orthodox.  I am married to a Slav (mostly Russian).  He is Orthodox.

If you believe Putin cares about Orthodoxy, or Slavic Ukrainians, you are deeply mistaken.  There is no propaganda in stating the truth, which is that there are Russian soldiers fighting Ukrainian troops in Donbas.  Every Ukrainian soldier will tell you this.  They have seen it with their own eyes.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1847 on: September 04, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »
See my links.In Russia, every meter of land drenched in the blood of our soldiers.The Battle of Kursk, the battle for Moscow, the Battle of Stalingrad, Sevastopol.Where are the allies?Our troops liberated almost all of Europe.
Give me the link for the release of European allies.

How many Russian soldiers were killed and how many Englishmen?

Every meter of Russia is not drenched in the blood of your soldiers, because not every meter of Russia saw German troops.

The Red Army didn't liberate France.  It didn't liberate the Netherlands.  It didn't liberate Belgium.  It didn't liberate Italy.  It didn't liberate Denmark.

What do we see as a commonality in the countries occupied liberated by the Red Army?  Communism imposed on them for almost half a century, with its lack of personal freedom, economic backwardness, and social misery. 

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1848 on: September 04, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
Poroshenko-Valtsman pro-Western puppet.I am a citizen of Russia, and I am opposed to NATO expansion to the East.

Fine. I am a citizen of the US and a resident of Ukraine. I am opposed to moskali expansion to the West.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1849 on: September 04, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »
So what?It signed a non-aggression pact that Germany violated.
Read the comments first.A man who lives in the West, is telling me about Russia.

I am glad that in the US there are people who know the truth about the war and Russia.
I came to this forum just to see.
Welcome to Russia.Good luck.

Tell the 10,000 Ukrainians and Poles buried under NKVD headquarters in L'viv, after being tortured to death, that the USSR committed no "aggression" against them as a result of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM