It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prospects for Crimea return  (Read 42344 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Prospects for Crimea return
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 06:38:49 AM »

Almost all of what you copy and paste is complete gibberish...

JayH 's posts reflect a wish.. prrobably unrealistic .. but I do read them...

Your's on the other hand are purely to gain a reaction...

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 07:23:18 AM »

Well thanks for your reaction then!   Actually the points I adhere to are generally agreed to by a minority of posters and people, which is ok by me....  Jayh, generally posts fiction cloaked as fact.  You generally start jumping up and down when a differing viewpoint/worldview is brought forth! 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »

My wife read about Putin having to say many good things about Trump. When ex leader of the KKK endorsed Trump, he's too stupid to understand his endorsement will lose votes for Trump. Putin is not stupid. Putin and Russia's endorsement of Trump will hurt Trump's chances to win so they continually endorse him. Putin prefers somebody like Obama.

Trump knows business but he's still learning immigration and foreign policy. Trump is a person that can change his mind when he's wrong. I've seen him starting to have more sensible views on how to handle immigration and in his campaign ad below, he lumps Putin and ISIS together. We all know what Trump wants to do with ISIS. Apparently someone is educating Trump on the kind of person Putin is and Trump doesn't like threats to America.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/vladimir-putin-is-angry-with-donald-trump-after-a-campaign-video-likening-him-to-isis--Z1xmwesj1b

Even with Trump as president, I don't think he will help Ukraine retake Crimea. America's friends in Europe are only willing to sanction Russia and that may end in July when it's due for a vote to be abolished or extended. Ukraine has not shown enough willingness to clean up their own corrupt system for the West to want to help. The police force got an overhaul but the politicians won't overhaul within themselves.

Almost every Ukrainian, even in the West, uses Russian words.  The result of half a century of policies of Russification.

Russian and English words are incorporated into Ukrainian language as new words are developed with the invention of products but if someone is speaking Russian in the far West Ukraine, they may get a lecture to use their own language. In the far far West Ukraine some people are speak Polish. Went to a church and the priest was speaking in Polish.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »
JayH 's posts reflect a wish.. prrobably unrealistic .. but I do read them...

It is a waste of space acknowledging his existence.The troll only purpose here is to divert threads to be about him-- and to divert the discussion.. He is like a little kid `ostracised by his peers jumping up and down and crying "what about me".
Even today--he wonders how some on forum know facts not apparent to him-the concept that most on the forum are real people with real lives seems to escape him.Part of that is the respect shown by forum members to other members with confidences shared -- and not disclosed in the open forum.
Easiest to ignore his trolling and not give it air--ignore him. :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 03:36:25 PM »
It is a waste of space acknowledging his existence.The troll only purpose here is to divert threads to be about him-- and to divert the discussion.. He is like a little kid `ostracised by his peers jumping up and down and crying "what about me".
Even today--he wonders how some on forum know facts not apparent to him-the concept that most on the forum are real people with real lives seems to escape him.Part of that is the respect shown by forum members to other members with confidences shared -- and not disclosed in the open forum.
Easiest to ignore his trolling and not give it air--ignore him. :)
Haha!  You seem to have a terrible time ignoring me!   By all means, continue with the goofy, factually incorrect posts/links...and i'll  occasionally chime in and make you angry. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »
Trump has stated Crimea is Europe's problem -

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/politics/doanld-trump-crimea-europe-problem/

so, I suspect there would not be much traction of a Trump presidency going to the boards for Ukraine on this issue.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »
Very good article on the Trump, including his campaign insiders' links to Putin -

http://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/authoritarian-impulses-with-marketing-savviness-trump-presidency-would-be-a-looming-disaster

Diane Francis now lives in Toronto, but originally is from Chicago.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
Very good article on the Trump, including his campaign insiders' links to Putin -

http://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/authoritarian-impulses-with-marketing-savviness-trump-presidency-would-be-a-looming-disaster

Boethius, this is not the Political thread but the comment is political.  Both Hillary and Donald are covered with warts.  So why write about Trump's warts and ignore Hillary's warts, which are bigger, uglier, and more plentiful. 

For example, Diane Francis mentions Trump retained a campaign strategist who made money in the past consulting for Putin's cronies.  Did Trump gain financially from the connection?  No.   Hillary OTOH through the Clinton Foundation pocketed millions in selling favors while in an appointed position with a clear conflict of interest.  We will hear more about the latter, and not so much about the former.

Trump does run his mouth before he has all the facts.  However, he is still campaigning and this is what candidates do when campaigning, some more than others.  Did Diane Francis criticize Obama for doing the same, when he was a sitting President and not campaigning?   I doubt it.     

There is more.  Not necessary to discuss  now because it will be brought out repeatedly  in one ugly campaign between now and November. 

Diane Francis did write something very interesting: 

Facts are Trump is not the cause but the symptom of flaws in America’s dysfunctional political architecture. Its pitfall is an American Idol selection process and fixed terms as opposed to the discipline of parliamentary consensus building kept honest by the threat of snap elections.

BC mentioned the same in one of his posts.    Question - Why did Diane Francis not use Hillary as well as Trump in making her point.    Facts are the American nomination process for both parties did not select character and values.  In Trump's case, a number of voters felt ignored not only by Obama but by their elected Republicans, so they hijacked the nomination process and selected someone who seems like a fighter.  In Clinton's case, the nomination was decided by a multitude of establishment insiders such as Debbie Wasserman Schultz -  it was "rigged" using Bernie's words.   

Offline Boethius

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »
The point of the links was not for a debate about US politics.  It was about the assertion President Trump will compel Putin to return Crimea to Ukraine. 

Given his campaign advisor's links to Russian politics, and Trump's own statements, the likelihood of that occurring is negligible, at best.

Offline JayH

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »

Growing dissatisfaction with Russian rule in one of the tenants of the article in the op above.
There are many issues and growing all the time for Crimean residents.
An overwhelmingly indisputable fact is that for even Crimeans that supported the Russian invasion--it is not what they thought they were getting.

Eat fruits of Russian life!

"And now, with Russia, they are faced with numerous restrictions Well, let him partake of the fruits of Russian life. That this stock  Ukrainian nostalgia and memory play in favor of Ukraine. I do not think they will be as patient as the Russians in Russia. There's nothing going on for several centuries. A Crimeans still remember the good life "

http://www.amn.com.ua/blogy/vkushajte-plody-rossyjskoj-zhyzny-professor-sprognozyroval-na-skolko-hvatyt-terpenyya-u-krymchan/
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2016, 11:57:53 PM »
Darth's post was neither honest, nor intelligent. It was a post from someone with a position from ignorance from reality.

Here is a dose of reality:

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline JayH

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 09:28:35 PM »
The leader of the Russian nationalist movement “Russians” Dmitry Demushkin finds a huge mistake the annexation of Crimea by Russia.

Russian nationalist: Annexing Crimea, Putin opened the way for the disintegration of Russia

“I think that Putin made an epic mistake and risky undertaking. Revising the borders of Europe is unlawful, especially for Russia, for the Russian Federation is the largest and the most unoccupied state in the world. From Baikal to Kamchatka there is no people and nothing at all. And revising the world and borders by right of the strong is a “Trojan horse”, which could not be touched. The precedent of revising borders is dangerous especially for the Russian Federation, because the notion of “the Russian land” is very relative,” he said in an interview.

http://en.sobytiya.info/russian-nationalist-annexing-crimea-putin-opened-the-way-for-the-disintegration-of-russia.html

Offline Muzh

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 02:42:51 PM »
Given Trump has praised Putin at every turn, it is more likely that, in the unlikely event Trump is elected, the virtual blow jobs will continue unabated. Crimea would not be on Trump's radar. In fact, he'd probably look for a way to remove existing sanctions.

LMFAO

I couldn't have said it any better.

I tell you, it is mind-boggling the lack of critical thinking you see around here. Starting with J.

Oh and BTW, I thought I was on his ignore list. I knew he couldn't stay away.  :blowkiss:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »
The point of the links was not for a debate about US politics.  It was about the assertion President Trump will compel Putin to return Crimea to Ukraine. 

Given his campaign advisor's links to Russian politics, and Trump's own statements, the likelihood of that occurring is negligible, at best.

Ah but, you slandered his Danny boy. Tsk Tsk.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline JayH

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »

Well thanks for your reaction then!   Actually the points I adhere to are generally agreed to by a minority of posters and people, which is ok by me....  Jayh, generally posts fiction cloaked as fact.  You generally start jumping up and down when a differing viewpoint/worldview is brought forth! 

:D

I particularly jump on posters with 'differing world view opinions' when they've

1/ never been to the places we discuss

2/ posted daft generalisations - purely to stir the pot..offering nothing..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »
:D

I particularly jump on posters with 'differing world view opinions' when they've

1/ never been to the places we discuss

2/ posted daft generalisations - purely to stir the pot..offering nothing..

I'm sure you represent the world view of the professional sunbathers rather nicely...but who really cares?   I'll call em how I see him too, and it is with great delight when it differs from the likes of you.   :D

Fathertime! 

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »

I'm sure you represent the world view of the professional sunbathers rather nicely...but who really cares? 

You aren't even that observant when in attempted 'acerbic wit' mode - the professional sunbather' is t'other half ... :D

I'll call em how I see him too, and it is with great delight when it differs from the likes of you.   :D

The 'likes of me' - who've actually been to the places you -  pontificate about... having 'read it on the internet ' ? ....

Why don't you start a thread about some element of FSU - instead of demonstrating your boredom  ?

I guess the closest you'll get - with any 'expertise' is Cuba .... But it would be so refreshing to see you put your grey matter into something constructive...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 05:42:22 AM »
You aren't even that observant when in attempted 'acerbic wit' mode - the professional sunbather' is t'other half ... :D

You mean you are merely the chauffeur for the professional sunbather?   :)

Why don't you start a thread about some element of FSU - instead of demonstrating your boredom  ?

I guess the closest you'll get - with any 'expertise' is Cuba .... But it would be so refreshing to see you put your grey matter into something constructive...

Amazing how clueless you are considering how much you guys have sunbathed in these countries you are an 'expert' in!

Fathertime! 

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 07:42:31 AM »

You mean you are merely the chauffeur for the professional sunbather?   :)

The 'pro bather' - sun and sea - can drive herself.... I merely enjoy the results ... ( as she won't listen to the dangers of skin cancer ) ... 

Amazing how clueless you are considering how much you guys have sunbathed in these countries you are an 'expert' in!

I haven't even sunbathed in the Falklands or Crimea.. but we saw how 'deep' your knowledge was / is ... 

Looking forward to you shocking the members with something positive - Which are you ?

Statler or Waldorf

Offline fathertime

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »
The 'pro bather' - sun and sea - can drive herself.... I merely enjoy the results ... ( as she won't listen to the dangers of skin cancer ) ... 

That is great, but you are giving her a mixed message then!  I know you love to hear this sort of thing, even when it isn't malicious.   :D

Fathertime!   

Offline JayH

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »
Often comments are made about what Ukrainian people want or believed at various times.

These stats are worth a look again- people constantly state incorrect unsubstantiated numbers in posts.These links are from May 2014-- a period when Kyiv was still trying to exert a new direction over Ukraine-- so did not have the benefit of people seeing new directions.Much of the dissatisfaction with Kyiv-in fact dated from the dissatisfaction with the Yanukovych era,

Despite Concerns about Governance, Ukrainians Want to Remain One Country

Among Ukrainians, 77% say Ukraine should remain united, compared with 14% who think regions should be permitted to secede if they so desire. In Ukraine’s west, which includes the central region around Kyiv (Kiev), as well as portions of the country that border Poland, Slovakia and Hungary, more than nine-in-ten (93%) think their nation should remain unified. A smaller majority (70%) in the country’s east – which includes areas along the Black Sea and the border with Russia – also prefer unity. Only in the breakaway territory of Crimea do more than half (54%) voice support for the right to secede.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/05/08/despite-concerns-about-governance-ukrainians-want-to-remain-one-country/

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
Over 100,000 have fled Crimea for Ukraine (which represents a little over 5% of the population), and requests for help leaving Crimea have increased recently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/11/100000-flee-crimea-as-russia-tightens-grip/

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 04:49:10 PM »
This is a blog post so take it at face value if you wish to, telling about the conditions in Krym under Russian occupation.,  It's not good
 You'll need to use your translator.

http://glavpost.com/post/19jul2016/blogs/91925-elizaveta-boguckaya-krym-futbolkami-s-putinym-moyut-poly.html

Offline whynotme

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »
This is a blog post so take it at face value if you wish to, telling about the conditions in Krym under Russian occupation.,  It's not good
 You'll need to use your translator.

http://glavpost.com/post/19jul2016/blogs/91925-elizaveta-boguckaya-krym-futbolkami-s-putinym-moyut-poly.html

Don't forget to translate comments below  :P

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843