It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Water Quality in Ukraine  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Water Quality in Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
A little too much Alex Jones?

No, I don't watch Alex Jones.  I saw about 2 minutes of him once, and that was all it took for me to see that he is a sensationalist drama queen.  Sensationalists and drama queens tend to be wackjobs in my opinion.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
"My racing number (off road bikes) is still 17
For many reasons.

mine was "69" for one reason and that reason was not connected to Thulium

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Do you see the problem with Billy's statement?  Chlorine does not alter your mind and make you submissive.  Fluoride will, which is why I asked Billy if he was confusing chlorine with fluoride.  Fluoride got shipped to American POW camps for Asians in WWII by the trainload.  After it was discovered that fluoride in water causes minor dental benefits for children under age 12, fluoride was added to virtually all municipal water sources in the US.  The official guise is for dental benefits, but it may be simply coincidence that fluoride turns people into sheeple.

Wow, what a bunch of....steaming pile of conspiracy theory.

Offline DaveNY

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »

Do you see the problem with Billy's statement?  Chlorine does not alter your mind and make you submissive.  Fluoride will, which is why I asked Billy if he was confusing chlorine with fluoride.  Fluoride got shipped to American POW camps for Asians in WWII by the trainload.  After it was discovered that fluoride in water causes minor dental benefits for children under age 12, fluoride was added to virtually all municipal water sources in the US.  The official guise is for dental benefits, but it may be simply coincidence that fluoride turns people into sheeple.

Fluoride turns people into sheeple? BS. DC has the highest fluoridation levels in the country yet lots of violence there. Maryland has very high levels of fluoridation, as does Illinois and Missouri yet these states also boost some of the highest levels of violence in the country.

Are the violent offenders not drinking the water? Do they only drink water that has been through filters to remove the fluoride? Are they immune to the effects of fluoride?

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/03/29/states-with-the-most-fluoridated-water/21333527/

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »
it looks like the chlorine "shortage" is over now (thank God! even with chlorine, Ukraine occasionally has cholera outbreaks)
and this episode was nothing more than classic extortion by its master practitioner Ihor Kolomoisky
I guess he was upset about the government nationalizing his bank about a year and a half ago (after he looted it of billions)

he has resumed production of chlorine in exchange for either a 5 or 7 fold price increase
which will add about 2-3% to the price of water in Ukraine
personally, if I were Ukraine I'd nationalize Dniproazot as well

also interesting to watch Hungary, "protecting" Hungarian speakers in Carpathia and rushing in emergency chlorine to that region
they seem unusually "altruistic"
what? you think they have an ulterior motive?

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »
It’s not as if Ukraine could not purchase chlorine from another source. A demonstration yet again of how oligarchs control Ukrainian government.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »

The conspiracy theories are strong tonight. Is there a full moon out? When they say don't drink the Kool Aid, the Kool Aid isn't the problem, it's the water that's used to make the Kool Aid that is the problem.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »

Just fyi stuff.
(I was a class A public water supply operator /superintendent at one  point)...

Hah! I didn't know that about you, AJ!

Flint, Michigan?  :P (jk)

I actually built a couple of those wastewater facilities. The latest for Simi Valley not too long ago. The interesting about our domestic water is, safe as our drinking water may be, ironically, a large portion of our delivery system is still sent to homes by, ehrm, miles of asbestos pipe, or more commonly referred to as Transite, or ACP (Asbestos Cement Pipe). A lot of pipes in LA are of age and are long overdue for replacement which is why we suffer from constant pipe bursting. When one of these pipes happen to be ACP, certified hazard team comes out and sock the pipes. A totally controlled zone until all of it is removed.

'40s-50s saw a lot of CIPPs and DIP. They are still in use today along with C-900 (HDPE). Newer development, mostly residential, are being installed using HDPEs. BillyB is also correct regarding his pressure/chlorination tests (shock chlorination).
Now we doubled a lot of water system delivery system, drinking and reclaimed water.

BillyB you know you can use a water conditioner for you tank instead of waiting 24 hours for the chlorine to dissipate.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:49:02 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »
The interesting about our domestic water is, safe as our drinking water may be, ironically, a large portion of our delivery system is still sent to homes by, ehrm, miles of asbestos pipe, or more commonly referred to as Transite, or ACP (Asbestos Cement Pipe)..

The water main on my neighborhood street had a leak and it was made with asbestos. It's been ruled safe to drink from those pipes otherwise there'd be tons of lawsuits if health problems arise. After the pipe is pulled from the ground, you are correct, it has to be handled by hazmat professionals. Dust from those pipes are hazardous.

BillyB you know you can use a water conditioner for you tank instead of waiting 24 hours for the chlorine to dissipate.

Local water districts controls the method I use to disinfect pipes. Got to play by their rules if I want to work in their district. They prefer the chlorine sit in the pipes for awhile and then flush to get the chlorine out. With the amount of chlorine I use, it won't dissipate in 24hrs anyway.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 04:10:05 AM »
Not the sort of museum I would visit, but in Kiev there is a dedicated museum for water and its use in the city.

Close to the Rada it is housed in an old water tower overlooking the Dnieper.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2401
Total: 2411

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM