It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Best places to hunt  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Iamthere

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Best places to hunt
« on: August 16, 2019, 04:18:09 AM »
Best places for a 55 year old man to hunt. No games, just a strong life partner.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Best places to hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 06:39:09 AM »
Best places for a 55 year old man to hunt. No games, just a strong life partner.

You mean a place where all participants affirm that they are 'good' people?

Why haven't I thought of setting up such a site?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:47:07 AM »
Any site that doesn't operate the pay per letter / chat / video chat business model  ..and run from marriage agencies ..

A dating site where ladies control their own profile is a good start .. and be ready to travel to meet her

Offline Iamthere

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
I am talking about going to a place for a month, not recommendations on dating websites.

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 01:17:27 AM »
Don't do  a Trench..

go to a place because someone particularly interests you ..

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 06:59:39 AM »
I am talking about going to a place for a month, not recommendations on dating websites.

There are good women in any city.  How to meet them if you do not use dating site?   

In your home city, are you successful with approaching women on the street or in museums?   If yes, give your plan a try; however, avoid the following: 

a.  Smaller cities unless you speak Russian fairly well.
b.  Cities known for scamming Westerners, e. g. Odessa.
c.  Industrial cities (grimy,  uninteresting)

If you are young, you can try the university cities such as Kharkiv.  If middle aged, try a city such as St. Petersburg because it has many interesting museums, sights and events to enjoy.  Also, these sights attract tourists, both Russians and  international.  Who knows, you may meet a woman from your home state.   

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 08:23:17 AM »
 Best places to hunt?---The Canadian wilderness? Sorry, I couldn't resist   
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline jone

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
Were it me, I would choose the Golden Ring or a town in the Urals (Yeketerinburg; Chelyabinsk).  But go soon.   They ain't much fun in the winter.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:23:47 PM »

I found it's easy to get dates with FSU women just meeting them on the street. Start a conversation. Some will ignore you. Some won't understand you. Some may see you as a gold digger opportunity. Some may be attracted to you and would want to learn more if you'd be someone they could live with. No matter where you go to find women in real life or internet, got to use your big head in figuring them out.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Omega82

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 10:55:32 PM »

There are good women in any city.  How to meet them if you do not use dating site?   

In your home city, are you successful with approaching women on the street or in museums?   If yes, give your plan a try; however, avoid the following: 

a.  Smaller cities unless you speak Russian fairly well.
b.  Cities known for scamming Westerners, e. g. Odessa.
c.  Industrial cities (grimy,  uninteresting)

If you are young, you can try the university cities such as Kharkiv.  If middle aged, try a city such as St. Petersburg because it has many interesting museums, sights and events to enjoy.  Also, these sights attract tourists, both Russians and  international.  Who knows, you may meet a woman from your home state.   

Forgive me for saying so but I've found the women in larger and especially more affluent cities, more jaded.  A woman in St. Petersburg can have hundreds of contacts on her phone many visiting her.  However if you date a woman in Yakutsk, as I have, then yes that woman can equally have many contacts on her phone but very few will actually come and visit her.  You can be the first foreigner she dates.  For an attractive woman in Moscow or St. Petersburg you wont be her first foreign date. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:57 AM »
.....However if you date a woman in Yakutsk, as I have, then yes that woman can equally have many contacts on her phone but very few will actually come and visit her.  You can be the first foreigner she dates. 

Reasonable. 

I did the same, although not as small or as remote as Yakutsk.  My most remote was Arkhangelsk.  Interesting places - real Russia. 

Remember, the OP does not use dating sites.   If in Yakutsk for a month, how does he bump into a woman such as you dated? Does he go to the Mammoth Museum 3 times per week?  :D 

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 07:02:16 AM »
The OP is wasting his time not using dating sites...hoping to meet a like minded lady.

Is he going to put an advert saying why he will be staying in any given town?

Unless he speaks passable Russian, he will be bored out of his mind...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Best places to hunt
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »

With little information to go on, I can give you general advice.
1. I would avoid the MOB industry cities like Odessa, Nikolaev, etc.
2. A bar is the best place to find bar flies or party girls
3. Don't date girls under 39

Just pick a large enough city in the FSU.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline witchdoctor

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:08 AM »
Are you asking about Russia or any FSU country?

I would consider Belarus, Moldova etc.  In Russia I think large towns/small cities reasonably distanced from the Mega Cities.  A big plus for small cities with universities regards to English speakers and even hiring an interpreter.  I would at most use a local agency to help arrange meetings if possible.  English ability or your Russian being good is a plus but not absolutely necessary as a matter of fact the willingness and speed you lady learns your language is a good gauge of commitment.  Translators are getting better and better and even IN EAR devices so as opposed to 20 years ago , communication is much easier.  So concentrate on quality of the person not necessarily language ability.
Witchdoctor

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
Are you asking about Russia or any FSU country?

I would consider Belarus, Moldova etc.  In Russia I think large towns/small cities reasonably distanced from the Mega Cities.  A big plus for small cities with universities regards to English speakers and even hiring an interpreter.  I would at most use a local agency to help arrange meetings if possible.  English ability or your Russian being good is a plus but not absolutely necessary as a matter of fact the willingness and speed you lady learns your language is a good gauge of commitment.  Translators are getting better and better and even IN EAR devices so as opposed to 20 years ago , communication is much easier.  So concentrate on quality of the person not necessarily language ability.

"Agencies"?

WHO uses agencies in the late noughties ?

If it's anything like examples I've seen in Kyiv, it's just ladies earning some money to meet a daft sop who is easily parted with his money

Offline witchdoctor

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »
Yes a local agency not in Kiev or Odessa for Moscow or st. Pete etc etc. They can help put you in contact with women when you are there who are local. You will find some that are reasonably honest especially if you limit your utilization to reviewing their profiles and picking girls out you want to meet.
So your comment about Kiev is not based on anything I said anyway.
Witchdoctor

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Iamthere

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 01:35:24 PM »
I do use an app. I have Tinder Gold which allows me to change my location. Also, I don't hide the fact I am at a different location so they can decide if they want to have a long distance relationship.

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 04:33:49 PM »
Does anyone on here know of a FSU - western marriage from using  Tinder ?

As far as  can see .. and it was not popular when I lt searched ... it seems to be an app that brings about swift meetings and 'departures' ? ..

now,I'm ready to have my untested perceptions shot down;)

Offline Iamthere

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »
Happn went from number 1 to number and Tinder went to the most downloaded dating app in the Ukraine.

Offline JayH

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »

If  you are a serious searcher -- the term 'hunt" is inappropriate .
Others have interpreted your words kindly I think -- and made suggestions.

My observations -- a lot depends on your expectations  and what you are thinking --  then  -- how/what/who/where  you are -generally and in life. eg  if you are in reasonable shape and healthy  and not a country club jacket  fuddy  duddy conservative  type of guy then it  opens up possibilities.
If you really want help here -- more info about you is needed.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1877
Total: 1888

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM