It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: You will love this one especially for us newbies  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Sparky75

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
You will love this one especially for us newbies
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:29:01 PM »
After spending several hundred dollars on RB.com(initials) I decided to write my profile and in the beginning I stated things very clear and at the end I asked them to answer all the questions (10-12) and make sure to write me a letter that was 15,000-20,000 characters, 20,000 is the max you can use.  So far, After about 20 letters, not one has answered a question or wrote a long letter.  I think they just copy and past a bunch of crap in their letters to you and go on.  If they are willing to write a free letter to me with 15,000-20,000 characters and answer my questions to verify they read my profile.  I might try another letter.....lol   But definitely some of them are scamming and just there for their part of the money.  Great thing about it is, it does not cost me a dime to write the profile or read the first letter free.  However, I am in search of the right site for me.  Elana's models or one of the other recommended sites on here, which was several after reading.

Also, here is another article talking about how the economy has changed over there and younger women have not experienced the hardships and appreciate what some of the older women have in russia that once was looking to get out.

http://themoscowtimes.com/articles/russian-women-theyre-just-not-that-into-you-51796

makes you wander what a good age for a girl that appreciates a decent life from russia would be!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: You will love this one especially for us newbies
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 07:02:19 PM »
Would you write a 20,000 word letter in Russian?

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:47 PM »
makes you wonder what a good age for a girl that appreciates a decent life from russia would be!

Judging from the other thread on here apparently 19 ;D

Sparky, seriously I think you just wasted a lot of time scammer hunting. I think it's a big mistake, it's one thing to be overly paranoid and think a girl is a scammer but it's another to go out spending a lot of time actively scammer hunting I think. It achieves nothing, we all know these PPL sites are plagued with Scammers/Agency Girls, your just another number to them, they essentially spam messages to every guy signing up on these sites.

There are websites on the internet where they just deal with scammers and the guys on there have a strange obsession with scammers and scammer hunting. It's like it's their hobby, any notion of spending time funding a decent girl has been lost to them, it's pretty sad really. I would recommend not even looking up those sites in case you get suckered into becoming a scammer hunter and lose all sight of your goal of spending time trying to find a genuine woman.

I think the one positive thing from your post is your willingness at the end to move onto the decent sites and get going there. Don't waste any more time scammer hunting. Most of us myself included waste some money at some point in this venture either on the wrong woman, on over paying for taxi's, making the unfortunate costlier choice of this or that, etc. The important thing is to not get hung up on it but learn and move on.

So make your choices of which dating sites you wish to use, pay monthly subscription or the free dating sites. If you later find you would have been better with a different site to your original choice learn what you can from it and move on.

Same with the women on the sites, you'll get all sorts. So message a fair few, and try and learn what you can. You're likely to find women that are mistakes to get with to varying degrees and many others that aren't so again learn what you can and progress onwards, good luck :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline DaveNY

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »

Also, here is another article talking about how the economy has changed over there and younger women have not experienced the hardships and appreciate what some of the older women have in russia that once was looking to get out.

http://themoscowtimes.com/articles/russian-women-theyre-just-not-that-into-you-51796

makes you wander what a good age for a girl that appreciates a decent life from russia would be!

Sparky75 I lived in Moscow for 6 years and visit regularly. A 25 year RW living in Moscow knows nothing about the Soviet era except what she reads about and is told by friends and family.

She has no need to be rescued by an American or European. She can travel to most places around the world including the US and Europe. My Russian wife was in the US in the 90s. My wife worked in Germany in the 90s. Many Russians move abroad to work without having to marry a foreigner. Some move away permanently.

It is probably easier to marry a Filipina or Chinese woman than it is a RW. Since relations between the US and Russia are tense at this time it might be better to pursue Filipinas or Chinese women.

Offline Sparky75

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »

BOETHIUS

I would not write 20,000 in russian, but the site converts it for like 8 bucks.  So they can write it in russian and yes I did write 19,876 words in all my intro letters, but that including asking a lot of questions.  The site converted it from english to russian.

TRENCHCOAT

You are so right on, not wasting anymore time.  I got caught up in just seeing if I could find a real person.  Out of a 100+ letters I never received one who answered just one of the questions of the 10-12 questions I had in my profile, which was appropriate questions, like do you like sports?  I asked them to answer those in their intro to see if they read my profile.  But I got caught up in scammer hunting just to see if their was one real person on the site, what a wast of time.  Could be a commandment "THOU SHALL NOT BE A SCAMMER HUNTER"  lol

DaveNY

Yes, I think the russian situation has changed a lot and that was one of my things that I found out about russia when looking at age gap and what was appropriate in russia, etc.  I found they new generation doesn't know how rough it used to be in Russia when girls all wanted to flee to an american or UK man, so the age gap was not as much of a deal.  I bet today, they would not want anyone 5 to 10 years different for a man my age (mid 40's).

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:00:08 AM »

I suspect some women are like me. I don't waste time reading profiles. I write the women if they are appealing to my eyes. If the first few messages/letters are interesting to me, I'll go back and read their profile.

If you want to test agency girls if they read your profile, use a photo of a guy with hair on his face like a monkey and if the agency is possibly legit, you'll get zero messages.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM