It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agencies are bad news  (Read 17589 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2005, 02:16:54 PM »
I think the agency stole my camera!

Yeah,,,, but was it a Cannon, or a Nikon?

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2005, 02:34:56 PM »
Quote from: jb
I think the agency stole my camera!

Yeah,,,, but was it a Cannon, or a Nikon?[/quote] A Cannon, of course :D  Why would ANYONE steal a Nikon?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:38:00 PM by Michelangelo »
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline jb

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2005, 03:28:41 PM »
Don't be tacky

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »
Hey I got a Polaroid & I can't even give it away muchless hope someone would steal it, LMAO!:X

RVR

Canadian Cowboy
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Maxx

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2005, 04:25:19 AM »
Richard, when I see you I just got to give you another camera :D

Maxx

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2005, 06:50:01 AM »
Hey Maxx, I'm not too proud that I won't take it either, LOL.

I left my 35mm at my sisters by accident & all I got now is a cheap Polaroid that couldn't take a decent picture to save its batteries, LOL.

I won't see my Minolta till I get my stuff shipped over & that may be awhile yet.:(

RVR

Canadian Cowboy
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2005, 10:13:24 AM »
Ok, back on topic now (surprise!!!)...

Some agencies cheat.  Some are honest.  Hopefully, you'll choose a good one.  But if you meet girls whose English is less than perfect, and that is most girls, you will need an interpreter.  The agency will provide one for you--at a price or as part of their packet.

But the interpreter works for the agency, not you.  And often the interpreter is friends with many of the girls you will meet.  So you listen to them talk and laugh in Russian while you wonder what the heck they are talking about!

After my first experience with that, I got wise and hired my own interpreter.  It was much better and much more focused on me and the girl.  Plus, the interpreter can give you feedback that the agency might not...  And they can also serve as a guide if you want to get out of the big cities and see some rural girls...

I found Pavel (Paul) from a refernce on RWD last spring.  I have used him twice, and he is EXCELLENT.  Here is some info on him....

Pavel, private interpreter/
guide  Kiev, Ukraine. Ready to help foreigners who are traveling  
around Ukraine.

email: paul_na@ukr.net     cell p/n:  8067 283-2468
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline dorogoyroberto

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2005, 07:15:44 AM »
Quote from: Michael
I found Pavel (Paul) from a refernce on RWD last spring.  I have used him twice, and he is EXCELLENT.  Here is some info on him....

guide  Kiev, Ukraine. Ready to help foreigners who are traveling  
around Ukraine.

email: paul_na@ukr.net     cell p/n:  8067 283-2468

I can second this. Although Lilya and I also provide interpreter services on a purposely limited basis, we have had occasion to use Pavel's services and can recommend him for his honesty and willingness to help.

Roberto
Kiev, Ukraine

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2005, 05:15:08 AM »
About 7 months ago, I got an ad from a marriage agency called Global Ladies.  At that time I was ignorant about good and bad agencies, and bought emails to a certain girl I saw on their ad.

Fortunately, I figured out that Global had listed this girls profile from another agency, Army of Brides, and I tracked her down and was able to buy her address and then communicate without going through either agency.

BUT--I did buy those first emails with my credit card.  I did not authorize any type of membership that cost money nor any other outlay from my credit card.

I have not logged onto Global Ladies since March.  However, this summer, I started getting a bill on my card every month from European Connnections & Atlanta GE.  I discovered this billing was actually from Global Ladies.  I also found out the company goes by many names:

European Connections
Euro Ladies
e700   
Russian Ladies
Globaladies.com
Introglobe   Russian Tours
East West Match
(one company, one office)

Despite repeated emails and calls to them, I am still getting billed.  So I have cancelled the credit card, which is a hassel, and have filed a complaint about these charges through my credit card company.

I share this to warn others about this company.

Here is a link that provides more info:

http://agencyscams.com/Complaints/e700.htm

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2005, 05:35:53 AM »
Quote from: dorogoyroberto
I found Pavel (Paul) from a refernce on RWD last spring. I have used him twice, and he is EXCELLENT. Here is some info on him....

guide Kiev, Ukraine. Ready to help foreigners who are traveling
around Ukraine.

email: paul_na@ukr.net cell p/n: 8067 283-2468

I can second this. Although Lilya and I also provide interpreter services on a purposely limited basis, we have had occasion to use Pavel's services and can recommend him for his honesty and willingness to help.

Roberto
Kiev, Ukraine
[/quote]I can third this. I have used Pavel twice and he is honest and above board. He has helped me on several occasions with deliveries. His English is excellent and getting better every time we speak.  

Offline groovlstk

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2005, 06:26:23 AM »
Quote from: Michael
Despite repeated emails and calls to them, I am still getting billed. So I have cancelled the credit card, which is a hassel, and have filed a complaint about these charges through my credit card company.
Michael, did you try to dispute the charges with your CC issuing bank? It's a fairly simple process (they send you some forms and there's usually a 3-6 month wait while they investigate).

Last year I bought a flat-screen monitor at a computer show and when I got home there were a few bad pixels. I tried to contact the company that sold it to me, but the phone number didn't work and I couldn't find them in any directory. To make a long story short, the bank investigated and credited me the full amount. So I ended up with a free monitor (although that wasn't my intention).

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2005, 07:02:06 AM »
Quote from: groovlstk
Despite repeated emails and calls to them, I am still getting billed. So I have cancelled the credit card, which is a hassel, and have filed a complaint about these charges through my credit card company.

Michael, did you try to dispute the charges with your CC issuing bank? It's a fairly simple process (they send you some forms and there's usually a 3-6 month wait while they investigate).

Last year I bought a flat-screen monitor at a computer show and when I got home there were a few bad pixels. I tried to contact the company that sold it to me, but the phone number didn't work and I couldn't find them in any directory. To make a long story short, the bank investigated and credited me the full amount. So I ended up with a free monitor (although that wasn't my intention).
[/quote]Yes, Mark, I did.  The CC company will issue a credit right now and will resolve the dispute in 30 days...not bad.  Meantime, I checked online,  and even though the card was canceled yesterday, another $29.95 charge came through from European Connections!

Offline Kevin

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2005, 03:34:46 AM »
Many network share ladies address and buy address from each other. It isn't uncommon for a new hot lady to show up on one network on Monday and every other network by tuesday. The reason is some networks join each others and purchase the contact information for there one usage.

When you find a lady that you like and you are using a network site. (these are easy to spot because they won't have a local Ukraine/Russian office in the city where the lady is from).  I recommend that you do a search in her city for a local agency and try to find the orginal agent for the network site.

If you have any interested in ladies from kherson I will be glad to find the local agent for you.

thanks

Kevin Hayes
Agency owner

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:55 AM »
Yep, that's what I did to find the girl that was on Global Ladies....found an agency in her home city where she was also listed....worked out great cuz they sold me her address and I then had direct contact...

And I thought I was finished with Global Ladies :)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2005, 06:58:03 AM »
Here's a tibbit for newcomers to the process of "courting" in the FSU.

Agencies make their money on extras.  When I first entered this arena, I made the mistake of building myself an outstanding profile on an agency web site.  I looked at the beautiul profiles of girls, with 25 pics and lovely words, and I did the same for me, wanting to promote myself to the fullest.   I paid like 5 bucks for every pic I added to my agency profile, thinking the girls were searching for men by looking at online profiles.

Well, in my first two visits to agencies in Ukraine, I learned the girls do not have access to computers, and instead, just have a notebook with one pic of the guys and their writeups...

And when the girls answer your letters, they do it with pen and paper and hand it to the secretary to be inputed and sent to you...

So, don't waste money on extras if you use an agency.

Use the agency for flowers and chocolate every once in a while, but don't enhance your profile with extras...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541478
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3854
Most Online Ever: 12701