It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: weirdest stuff I found in Ukraine!!  (Read 2296 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
weirdest stuff I found in Ukraine!!
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
here is my FIRST entry in the category of "Weirdest Stuff I found in Ukraine"

this object is a Scythian 2nd century BC bracelet that belonged to someone of Scythian royalty
it is one of only a handful of examples of silver Scythian jewelry pieces known to exist, and rests today in a safe deposit box in a US Federal Reserve Bank
in addition a large cache of 2nd century BC Greek coins was found with the bracelet, and I ended up getting a share of those as well
that was a great day, er I mean night!!!
back in the day when Russian and American men could be friends and not enemies
work together, party together...

damn, I miss those days from before I was married, either solo, or with moy bratski in Kyiv
had some swell times...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:43:27 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: weirdest stuff I found in Ukraine!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
rests today in a safe deposit box in a US Federal Reserve Bank

Do you want to revise this statement ???
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
it says

Federal Reserve
Bank Branch

in the vault room
AND on the exterior
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:31:46 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 03:57:29 PM »
here is my FIRST entry in the category of "Weirdest Stuff I found in Ukraine"

this object is a Scythian 2nd century BC bracelet that belonged to someone of Scythian royalty
it is one of only a handful of examples of silver Scythian jewelry pieces known to exist, and rests today in a safe deposit box in a US Federal Reserve Bank
in addition a large cache of 2nd century BC Greek coins was found with the bracelet, and I ended up getting a share of those as well
that was a great day, er I mean night!!!
back in the day when Russian and American men could be friends and not enemies
work together, party together...

damn, I miss those days from before I was married, either solo, or with moy bratski in Kyiv
had some swell times...

So basically you stole the patrimony of another country. Good luck selling it though.

The above post certainly defines your morals and scruples.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »

So basically you stole the patrimony of another country. Good luck selling it though.

The above post certainly defines your morals and scruples.

Actually it's much worse than that. Krimster has said, on an open section of a public forum, that he took antiquities out of Ukraine. It seems unlikely he has the required documentation and proof of ownership to move the antiquities to the US, so the US government, ICE and/or the FBI, could come looking for him to reclaim the antiquities on behalf of Ukraine. See link.

In fact RWD may be asked by the DOJ to provide all its information about Krimster to aid in the recovery of the antiquities. From the link:

December 12, 2011

Investigating the loss or looting of cultural heritage properties and returning them to their countries of origin are an important part of ICE's diverse mission. ICE, as a legacy of the U.S. Customs Service, has authorities that target a wide range of criminal activities, many of them involving smuggling and trafficking, both of goods and people. The agency often investigates leads to art and artifacts that are important evidence of another nation's history and cultural heritage. ICE takes pride in bringing to justice those who would trade in such items for personal profit and in returning to other nations these priceless items.

The theft and trafficking of cultural items is a practice that is older than history. What is new about it is how easy it is for cultural pirates to acquire valuable antiquities, artworks and artifacts, fossils, coins or textiles and move them around the globe, swiftly, easily and inexpensively without regard to laws, borders, nationalities or their value to a nation’s heritage.

Fortunately, ICE agents are better prepared than ever to combat these crimes. Our specially trained investigators and attachés in more than 40 countries not only partner with governments, agencies and experts who share our mission to protect these items, but they train the investigators of other nations and agencies on how to find, authenticate and enforce the law to recover these items when they emerge in the marketplace.

Customs laws allow ICE to seize national treasures, especially if they have been reported lost or stolen. ICE works with experts to authenticate the items, determine their true ownership and return them to their countries of origin.

http://www.ice.gov/factsheets/cultural-artifacts

Online krimster2

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 04:24:51 PM »
do you know what happens to stool pigeons in the shower?
don't drop the soap!

please report away on all charges!!!!
how long do I have before I'm arrested? how about infinity?

"Good luck selling it though."

why on earth would I WANT TO SELL IT?
however, for insurance purposes, it does need to be stored along with other such trinkets in a "secure" location per contract
its particular location provides a small yearly cost benefit insurance savings
plus that particular bank has other unique benefits as well

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:48:03 PM by krimster2 »

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
Interesting discussion.....

I worked on a dig in Israel.  We pulled some really interesting stuff out of the ground.

One of the areas that I worked in was the Temple area.  It was pre-iron age / late bronze age.

I found a number of pieces of pottery and a large basalt (carved out of rock) bowl.   Well, the bowl, seemingly in secondary use, was still quite valuable.  But the pottery inside it was not.  But it was painted.

I asked the Department of Antiquities guy if I could take home the painted pottery.  (It was just shards.) 

Late that night, I was called into the tent of the head of the dig.  She advised me that I could take the painted pottery home, but that I had to register it before I went and that if the Department of Antiquities would ever request it, I was to surrender the shards to them. 

I filled out the paperwork, took the items home with me and have had to protect it in the event that it would ever be re-claimed by the State of Israel.

Fun dig, though.  The experience was worth much more than the shards.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
I found a LOT of coins in Israel with a metal detector, some Roman, and some from British occupation
Acre is a great snorkeling spot

Offline jone

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »
I found a LOT of coins in Israel with a metal detector, some Roman, and some from British occupation
Acre is a great snorkeling spot

The water is too cold.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »
not bad at all in August...
water is VERY clear
only fins and mask though
very different from Black Sea!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:00:40 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:42 PM »
What are the rules as to who can open an account of any type including safety box at any Federal Reserve Bank ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »
you or your broker can talk to a fed reserve account executive in your regional bank
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:14:54 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1979
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM