It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: President-for-life Alexander Lukashenko re-elected to 5th term in landslide  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko swamped nominal opposition candidates to be re-elected in a landslide for his fifth consecutive term.

Update:
Oh wait, these election results are premature. The results have not been made public yet. The election will be held on Sunday.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
I for one applaud Belarus' stability.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
I cannot applaud anything about Belarus elections. The one main "opposition" candidate is possibly a shill, and the other candidates are folk like an unemployed worker from a tractor factory. It was just this past August that Lukashenko finally released the 5 remaining candidates who had been jailed for daring to oppose him in 2010.

Meanwhile, he takes in a photo opp with the smiling Obamas, along with the young son who Luka swears will succeed him someday as president. Of course the kid needs to take on high school and then college before that can happen.

I love the people of Belarus, however, and wish for them the best.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Larry1

Meanwhile, he takes in a photo opp with the smiling Obamas, along with the young son who Luka swears will succeed him someday as president. Of course the kid needs to take on high school and then college before that can happen.

That's like Papa Doc Duvalier succeeded in office by his son Baby Doc Duvalier in Haiti.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Do Haitian women join MOB sites?  What are we missing?  Who said Haiti? 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Larry1

President-for-life Alexander Lukashenko re-elected with over 84% of the vote
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
According to exit polls. I suppose the results will be announced soon.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The results of the election are announced by the Central Election Commission not later than 10 days after the voting is held. The president election is recognized as valid if more than half of eligible voters take part in the polls.

Read full text at: http://eng.belta.by/politics/view/election-2015-president-election-underway-in-belarus-86058-2015/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
I for one applaud Belarus' stability.

That's like saying Hitler brought stability and prosperity to Germany..

Do you have any IDEA how corrupt the cronies of Belarus are - and the brides required to get product in .....

''Luka should go'' will increasingly find he is being undermined by Pres Putin and it will be interesting to see if he remembers the example the Kremlin makes - if 'neighbour do not look to Moscow for partnership
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member

Do you have any IDEA how corrupt the cronies of Belarus are - and the brides required to get product in .....

''Luka should go'' will increasingly find he is being undermined by Pres Putin and it will be interesting to see if he remembers the example the Kremlin makes - if 'neighbour do not look to Moscow for partnership

It was said tongue in cheek ... I won't do it again  :P
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline southernX

lukashenka has trapped himself imho regardless of the election rigged outcomes

going to be interesting to see how he deals with the upcoming military base mr putin wants in belarus ,

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Larry1

Wait, I thought we got brides OUT of Belarus.

Offline Photo Guy

Lukas' recent statements have a defiant tone, against Putin, in regard to that
proposed air base. He says he's willing to take radical action, and that's also interesting.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Lukas' recent statements have a defiant tone, against Putin, in regard to that
proposed air base. He says he's willing to take radical action, and that's also interesting.

Luka gets popularity points for talking tough against Russia's influences on Belarus. He does it all the time and Russia gets it's way in the end. Truth is he'll do anything Putin wants as long as he can be dictator for life.

As far as the election went, it's not who voted that matters, it's who counts the votes that matter. Luka wins in a landslide but do people really want a president like that?  If Americans had a president that lowered quality of life and government to Belarus standards, we'd probably hang him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine

Erm...

Do you forget who are you talking to?  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701