It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Minimum Wage debate - USA  (Read 52797 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Minimum Wage debate - USA
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »

So, have you always wanted other people to fight your battles or was this cowardice attained by being bullied in grade school?

I served in the military dumba$$.  Here, this might help you with your problem:

http://www.brainsupplementreviews.org/

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

Let me guess, you pushed papers around.

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »

Thank you for your service.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »

:ROFL:

Most probably.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

lordtiberius

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »

Did you serve?

lordtiberius

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »
Did you serve?

None of the men, in my family, needed to talk about their service in order to try and garnish respect or admiration.   If you can't get those from being the man you are, you certainly won't get it by enlisting. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:04:49 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »

None of the men, in my family, needed to talk about their service in order to try and garnish respect or admiration.   If you can't get those from being the man you are, you certainly won't get it by enlisting.

I chuckle everytime LT brings up what he reports to be his service in the armed forces.  In his case and pretty much only his case on this website, it is a crutch as he seems to be lacking in other areas.  Not impressive. There are issues and ideas to discuss. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »
The only ignorance being displayed here is the fool who cannot distinguish between an unruly supervisor and a genuine threat.  You've already displayed that time and again with your pacifist whining about the USA going to war against ISIS.  Yet you would throw someone to the ground based on an inability to engage your brain as to an appropriate response; truly the actions of a Neanderthal.

The supervisor got his fingers bent...that kind of thing can happen when you lay your hands on a work-weary young man during a heated argument.  It could have been much worse.  Granted we weren't there and don't know how the entire exchange went, but keep your hands to yourself, or all bets are off.

Fathertime!   

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »

The supervisor got his fingers bent...that kind of thing can happen when you lay your hands on a work-weary young man during a heated argument.  It could have been much worse.  Granted we weren't there and don't know how the entire exchange went, but keep your hands to yourself, or all bets are off.

Fathertime!

Indeed.  I think Muzh's son reacted without thinking.  That is because of his training.  It ends up becoming a reflex.

I have had a few guys sucker punch me to know not to take a chance when someone steps up to you.  It's surprising how much damage one punch or falling down the wrong way can do to you.

lordtiberius

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

I chuckle everytime LT brings up what he reports to be his service in the armed forces.  In his case and pretty much only his case on this website, it is a crutch as he seems to be lacking in other areas.  Not impressive. There are issues and ideas to discuss. 

Fathertime!

Good one FP, I mean FT.

lordtiberius

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »

You slander a man's military service but you yourself didn't serve.  Is that the kids d of manhood lessons you learned from the men in your family?  Is that what you teach to your men in your family?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2014, 06:09:07 PM »
I have had a few guys sucker punch me to know not to take a chance when someone steps up to you.  It's surprising how much damage one punch or falling down the wrong way can do to you.

No doubt you've had a lot of experience at getting your ass kicked.  What a surprise that this would happen to a fool with a big mouth... :rolleyes:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
You slander a man's military service but you yourself didn't serve.  Is that the kids d of manhood lessons you learned from the men in your family?  Is that what you teach to your men in your family?

We know that any imbecile can enlist and you're a shining example of that.  :)   It's a sad sight to see guys like you try and gain respect by telling everyone that will listen about your military service.  Some people just don't need to do that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:18:11 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »
No doubt you've had a lot of experience at getting your ass kicked.  What a surprise that this would happen to a fool with a big mouth... :rolleyes:

Where I come from, there is no one to run and hide behind when someone steps up to you.  You wouldn't last long.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:19:10 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »

Where I come from, there is no one to run and hide behind when someone steps up to you.  You wouldn't last long.

More internet BS from pantywaist pacifist boy.  Where you come from is why you run your mouth on the internet.  Real men who know how to fight don't feel a need to talk about it here.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »

More internet BS from pantywaist pacifist boy.  Where you come from is why you run your mouth on the internet.  Real men who know how to fight don't feel a need to talk about it here.

haha  You're getting more and more desperate.  First you had to try and use military service and now this.   You should file a report with the Mod here and tell him you're getting bullied.  Be a real man and file that report!   :P

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »

haha  You're getting more and more desperate.  First you had to try and use military service and now this.   You should file a report with the Mod here and tell him you're getting bullied.  Be a real man and file that report!   :P

Tell us again how many times you got sucker punched and how much damage it did when you fell down!

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
Tell us again how many times you got sucker punched and how much damage it did when you fell down!

So I was right, you never been in a real fight which is why you're asking me how it went. 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »

So I was right, you never been in a real fight which is why you're asking me how it went.

Wrong again dumba$$.  Unlike you I've never lost a real fight.  We can tell from your brain damage that it's happened often too you.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2014, 06:39:28 PM »
Wrong again dumba$$.  Unlike you I've never lost a real fight.  We can tell from your brain damage that it's happened often too you.

You can't lose something you never got into. Filing reports isn't fighting man.  haha You're hilarious.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
Most every young man must lose a fistfight here and there.....usually the most important thing was to show up and not wuss out or let yourself get pushed around.   Now I await the "Schoolyard bully" silliness when that comment gets related to Ukraine, but I feel that is apples to oranges!   

Fathertime!

lordtiberius

« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »

We know that any imbecile can enlist and you're a shining example of that.  :)   It's a sad sight to see guys like you try and gain respect by telling everyone that will listen about your military service.  Some people just don't need to do that.

good answer.  thx

lordtiberius

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:26 PM »
Most every young man must lose a fistfight here and there.....usually the most important thing was to show up and not wuss out or let yourself get pushed around.   Now I await the "Schoolyard bully" silliness when that comment gets related to Ukraine, but I feel that is apples to oranges!   

Fathertime!

What do you mean?

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »
Here is some interesting reading about the minimum wage debate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2014/07/01/why-companies-that-pay-above-the-minimum-wage-come-out-ahead/
"I studied four retail chains that manage to do this: Costco, Trader Joe’s, QuikTrip (a U.S. chain of convenience stores with gas stations), and Mercadona (Spain’s largest supermarket chain). They offer their employees much better jobs than their competitors, all the while keeping their prices low and performing well in all the ways that matter to any business. They have high productivity, great customer service, healthy growth, and excellent returns to their investors. They compete head-on with companies that spend far less on their employees, and they win.
When I analyzed these four companies, I found that despite all their differences, they had one element in common: They all make a set of smart choices that allow them to achieve the combination of good jobs, low prices, and great results. These companies all follow what I call the good jobs strategy. It has two components.
First, these companies consider their workforce not as a cost to be minimized but as a strategic asset. They invest in their employees with the expectation that they will get even more back in terms of labor productivity, customer service, cost-cutting, innovation, and flexibility during difficult times. Most businesses consider their high-level managers and skilled professionals to be strategic assets. But these companies see their front-line people that way, too.
Second, these companies make smart operational choices that enable their employees to be more productive and motivated and play a much bigger role in driving sales and reducing costs than in most retail chains. Good design in operations is the secret ingredient that makes the good jobs strategy work.
This combination of investment in people and operations works so well because the retail front line is a much more complex environment than people think. Take a supermarket, a setting full of bad jobs. In a typical supermarket, employees manage around 40,000 products. They serve more than 2,000 customers a day, who arrive at different times and want different things. They manage over a hundred sales promotions per week. There is a lot going on, and there is a lot that can be done more productively and profitably by workers who are motivated, proud of their work, and not always in too much of a rush. Of course, there is also a lot that can go wrong if workers are not trained, not motivated, or just too few in number. Wal-Mart executives are reported to have said that improving shelving alone could be a $3 billion opportunity."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701