It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 457496 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2850 on: April 21, 2021, 11:22:42 AM »

You don't like skype because you might have to have an actual conversation with a girl.
You honestly think that I get a girl on skype and ask her several hundred questions?

I've never been with a girl and asked her a hundred questions. I ask her a few questions,
get her talking about things, usually that are interesting to her then I listen, I observe.
I mix in a little of my humor a few stories and anecdotes and a women will tell me everything.
I talk to her every day about every subject and I learn who she is. I don't have a systematic
list of things, I want to learn all about her. Her hopes, dreams and desires.

Sometimes I want to know something specific, like her theories on discipline for children
or if she wears babushka knickers to bed. I always work with the assumption that my
conversation is going to lead us closer to where we want to be in the future.

I am learning about a girl while selling her on the idea that being the future Mrs 2tall
is her hope, dream and desire.

Usually something disqualifies a girl before this goes on too long and I move on
(it's never related to the babushka underwear). Having long deep conversations is
how I learn all those things you social ____________ (rhymes with boron).

Thanks Bill, that explains it a bit more clearly. I hope you didn't pass over too many hot women because her choice of toothpaste wasn't to your liking ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2851 on: April 21, 2021, 12:06:46 PM »
Thanks Bill, that explains it a bit more clearly. I hope you didn't pass over too many
hot women because her choice of toothpaste wasn't to your liking ;D

There are deal killers.

Show me cRaZy and you get kicked to the curb. Show me dishonesty and I forget
I know you. Take a dog into your bed to sleep with under the covers then we aren't
compatible. When a FSUW starts making excuses for things, it always signals the
beginning of the end.

You need long conversations to discuss children and philosophies on raising them.
You learn vast information on unrelated subjects but you have to listen, observe
and remember. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2852 on: April 21, 2021, 01:33:03 PM »
Hmm, not certain I agree with you, Bill.  I think you were probably more concerned with "crazy" given your first marriage.  I don't think that's the norm, though, other than, we are all crazy in our own ways.  Absent actual, independently verifiable mental illness, we just need to find someone who is willing to put up with our "craziness", and we with theirs.

I think philosophies on child rearing are just that - philosophies.  They will get thrown out the window once an actual child is born.  Your past experiences in raising children may be more relevant, but even then, that changes over time - different partners, different ages of parents=different dynamics.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:48:41 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #2853 on: April 22, 2021, 06:02:54 AM »
Take a dog into your bed to sleep with under the covers then we aren't
compatible.

:ROFL:

Bill, we are all different.  By this rule, you and I are not compatible.  You are compatible with my wife. 

Wifey and I had a disagreement one evening so she takes flight and goes to another bedroom.    Normally, my intelligent Great Dane slept downstairs on a rug.  However, she always pursued comfort.   She spotted wifey's move, came to the bedroom and gave me her best friendly look.  I patted the bed and in one leap, she landed her 125 pounds on wifey's spot and immediately went to sleep in luxurious comfort.   

Wifey came back to the bedroom about two hours later, and tried to get into bed, awakening me with the words,  "Oh my God!"  Of course, i had to wash the sheets.

When the dog Zara died years later, wifey cried along with my stepson and stepdaughter.  Great Dane's  longevity is only about 7-8 years.  .   

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2854 on: April 22, 2021, 08:44:02 AM »
Carried from another thread:

Can other forum members tell us if they do the above with their other halves???<snip>

Personally, no. I am neither this structured that I need to have my checklist met, or have the need to control anyone.

We are all different. I've never demanded/expected anything from any woman I have encountered in my life. Whether I was looking to get laid, party or seeking relationships, much less marriage. One of the popular reasons people justify breaking up from relationships is, he/she changed. A person reverting to who he/she really is, isn't 'changing'. People are prone to step their best foot forward, sometimes in spite of themselves, to propitiate a new relationship. Hell, many men in this pursuit pour money on a woman because they believe it's a better offering than their true self.

I am going to fall for a woman for who she is, and not someone I would like for her to be. That is so true with my wife today.

The MOB adds another layer to this. I never paid any attention to the site's 10 commandments. Not Applicable to me. I never subscribe to any 'rules' in how to woo a woman, much less in the MOB. The MOB is an oxymoron to begin with. In Russia, there used to be so much talk about RWs this, RWs that, etc...then you turn the corner, the same people agreeing that RWs in the MOB are *atypical* Russian women. They're family-oriented but resigned to commit themselves in a relationship with a foreign man and leave family and country behind, etc...

Human relations are as subjective as the people within it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:08:06 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #2855 on: April 22, 2021, 10:10:46 AM »
[quote author=GQBlues link=topic=22008.msg554409#msg554409 datePeople are prone to step their
People are prone to step their best foot forward, sometimes in spite of themselves, to propitiate a new relationship.
[/quote]

Interesting.

I have a casual Indian (from India) friend now living in USA for 35 years or so.

He is married to woman from India whom his family arranged for him to marry.
They are both of the Brahmin caste.

25 years or so ago, he spoke to me of the superiority of this arranged marriage technique as opposed to our USA system of finding your own wife/husband.

In his words:  In USA, both parties are on their best behavior to woo and catch their marriage partner.  Then, after marriage, they  stop trying.

In the arranged marriage situation:  The parties don't even know each other before marriage.  Then, after marriage, they are on their best behavior.

A simplified explanation . . . but the point is there.

Anyway, they are still married after nearly 40 years.  Two children . . .  both medical doctors.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2856 on: April 22, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »
In arranged marriages, the parents decide who the best spouse will be for their child.  I don't think they are on their "best behaviour" throughout the marriage.  I think they have lower divorce rates because divorce is so frowned upon in their cultures.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2857 on: April 22, 2021, 03:48:26 PM »
In Ukraine, India, etc they

You don't know what they do, you are speculating.

Thing is how does a girl really feel about a guy who provides Vs one who can seduce well?

You need to get over your insecurities. What you should worry about is whether you
will be able to do either well.

I know Bill often talks about winning her heart. Is this actually possible
though or is it more a case of a girl either being into a guy or not?
I'm not sure whether seduction actually adds anything either.

You need to get over your insecurities.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:41:23 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2858 on: July 29, 2021, 03:07:21 AM »
Reckon since you started this thread a good way to hook a Ukrainian girl would now be to offer a vaccine jab if she agrees to date you :D There apparently back to being dirt poor out there and most can't afford a vaccine jab themselves & the state us too skint to pay for many jabs either. The US & UK are donating some vaccine but still way too short of what they need.
More nonsense from you Trench. I don’t know why you crow on about dirt poor Ukrainian girls. You aren’t exactly a shining example of pecuniary abundance, are you?
Kyiv is a far more expensive place compared to two years ago. I dare say you’d be hard pressed to afford a day out now.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2859 on: July 29, 2021, 06:20:55 AM »
More nonsense from you Trench. I don’t know why you crow on about dirt poor Ukrainian girls. You aren’t exactly a shining example of pecuniary abundance, are you?
Kyiv is a far more expensive place compared to two years ago. I dare say you’d be hard pressed to afford a day out now.

Don't know how you figure that one out JG, currently you get 37.51 Ukrainian hryvnia to each pound, so one of the best levels of exchange rate for us in recent years. The Ukrainian economy is still suffering from inflation, the effects of the civil war and now the economic effects of the virus. I may not be a particularly wealthy English guy but a few of my English pounds will outstrip most Ukrainians value of earnings :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #2860 on: July 29, 2021, 06:28:50 AM »
. . . currently you get 37.51 Ukrainian hryvnia to each pound, so one of the best levels of exchange rate for us in recent years. The Ukrainian economy is still suffering from inflation . . .

Most folks clearly do not understand the relationship between change in exchange rates, inflation, and purchasing power parity.

When the exchange rate changes, inflation changes and many businesses merely increase the price in the local currency.

Also many hotels, restaurants, etc,. figure their prices in USD and then change their prices in the local currency to obtain the same USD as existed before any change in FX rates.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2861 on: July 29, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »
Most folks clearly do not understand the relationship between change in exchange rates, inflation, and purchasing power parity.

When the exchange rate changes, inflation changes and many businesses merely increase the price in the local currency.

Also many hotels, restaurants, etc,. figure their prices in USD and then change their prices in the local currency to obtain the same USD as existed before any change in FX rates.

Current inflation issues in Ukraine:

http://intellinews.com/ukraine-makes-surprise-policy-rate-hike-to-8-to-fight-inflation-216380/

Every time a business increases its prices due to inflation and/or the exchange rate wages should in theory be raised also to match this increase. That doesn't always happen of course, main issue is though is that wages already earned are already being inflated away. Not so bad if wages are paid weekly or fortnightly but on monthly or longer wage pay periods it could erode it already a fair bit with high inflation. A lot of Ukrainians have a spend mentality we have been told as there is no point having much in savings as it loses its value so quick. That in turn tends to provoke further inflation and for it to remain high as people are spending all the time. At its worst inflation can outstrip wages and make stuff in shops impossible for many Ukrainians to buy. That in turn can lead to business failures and unemployment, in theory a long term deteriorating cycle. My guess is that the virus economic fallout has push things back into that cycle for Ukraine.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2862 on: July 30, 2021, 03:06:53 AM »

☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2863 on: July 30, 2021, 03:22:15 AM »
Don't know how you figure that one out JG, currently you get 37.51 Ukrainian hryvnia to each pound, so one of the best levels of exchange rate for us in recent years. The Ukrainian economy is still suffering from inflation, the effects of the civil war and now the economic effects of the virus. I may not be a particularly wealthy English guy but a few of my English pounds will outstrip most Ukrainians value of earnings :D
Your few GB pounds aren’t going to stretch very far in Kyiv City Centre. Quoting mid market rates isn’t going to help you as you’ll soon find out the first Балют you come to.
Although I wouldn’t put it past you to rock up in Kyiv with a loaf of Warburtons and a pot of Marmite to skimp on eating out.
While you’re at it, bring along a flask so you can treat your date to a mug of char you made in your bathroom sink.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2864 on: August 01, 2021, 01:05:07 AM »
Your few GB pounds aren’t going to stretch very far in Kyiv City Centre. Quoting mid market rates isn’t going to help you as you’ll soon find out the first Балют you come to.
Although I wouldn’t put it past you to rock up in Kyiv with a loaf of Warburtons and a pot of Marmite to skimp on eating out.
While you’re at it, bring along a flask so you can treat your date to a mug of char you made in your bathroom sink.

JG when I first went to Ukraine back in 2016 the restaurants in Kiev were diet cheap. It was very much like travelling back in time to the 1980's in the UK. The prices were at 1980's UK prices so a whole meal & a drink could be had for a few Great British pound in a decent everyday Ukrainian restaurant in Kiev.

Since then Ukraine has still had high inflation but the UK has not. Many Ukrainians struggle to buy clothing due to inflation making clothing so costly to them. I'm surprised Ukrainians aren't all running around starkers by now. Even if prices are a bit higher than when I went in 2019 I'm sure I'll still be able to easily afford it :)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2865 on: August 01, 2021, 10:24:27 AM »
Hmm, not certain I agree with you, Bill.  I think you were probably more concerned with "crazy" given your first marriage.  I don't think that's the norm, though, other than, we are all crazy in our own ways.  Absent actual, independently verifiable mental illness, we just need to find someone who is willing to put up with our "craziness", and we with theirs.

Everybody has their own deal killers based on all sorts of reasons. For sure my previous
marriage and my life experiences helped mold what I was seeking to find and seeking
to avoid.

I know guys who would never date a Ginger. There was a guy at one of these fora that
toe length was a thing. A lot of guys will reject smokers, other guys smoke. A list of deal
killers is unique to the individual. The only thing I advise is to never compromise on
character or honesty, but who listens to me?   

I think philosophies on child rearing are just that - philosophies.  They will get thrown out the window once an actual child is born.  Your past experiences in raising children may be more relevant, but even then, that changes over time - different partners, different ages of parents=different dynamics.

Of course they are just philosophies, there is no magic conversation or words. If there was
I would write a book and become filthy rich. Having conversations about philosophies on
raising children is far better than leaving the subject to chance. I know a guy from the other
place that married a woman with a teenage son. They never had a discussion about him.

I find it unbelievable that anyone would marry a woman with a child without having a conversation
about the most important thing in her life. The guy from the other place got divorced, I don't
remember if it took a year or a little longer. All of her philosophies about her son came as a
surprise to him, when none of them should have been (or very few).

Lastly, when talking about these philosophies you can also learn about core values and
character. While talking to a woman from afar, who is she more likely going to make a
connection with, a man who talks about love, life, goals, family and philosophies and
values or a guy who does not?

FSUW don't do vague

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2866 on: August 01, 2021, 01:13:53 PM »
JG when I first went to Ukraine back in 2016 the restaurants in Kiev were diet cheap. It was very much like travelling back in time to the 1980's in the UK. The prices were at 1980's UK prices so a whole meal & a drink could be had for a few Great British pound in a decent everyday Ukrainian restaurant in Kiev.

Since then Ukraine has still had high inflation but the UK has not. Many Ukrainians struggle to buy clothing due to inflation making clothing so costly to them. I'm surprised Ukrainians aren't all running around starkers by now. Even if prices are a bit higher than when I went in 2019 I'm sure I'll still be able to easily afford it :)

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here?
Yes, there is inflation in Ukraine. It doesn’t mean you get more bang for your buck.

If you take your date to Puzata Khata that’s a cheap meal out but I doubt you’ll get a second date.
I quite like the place actually but it’s not somewhere you go for a first date.
I also doubt you’ll be straying too far from city centre so you’ll be paying city centre prices for everything.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2867 on: August 01, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Of course they are just philosophies, there is no magic conversation or words. If there was I would write a book and become filthy rich. Having conversations about philosophies on raising children is far better than leaving the subject to chance. I know a guy from the other place that married a woman with a teenage son. They never had a discussion about him.

I find it unbelievable that anyone would marry a woman with a child without having a conversation about the most important thing in her life. The guy from the other place got divorced, I don't remember if it took a year or a little longer. All of her philosophies about her son came as a surprise to him, when none of them should have been (or very few).

Lastly, when talking about these philosophies you can also learn about core values and character. While talking to a woman from afar, who is she more likely going to make a connection with, a man who talks about love, life, goals, family and philosophies and values or a guy who does not?

Realisitically, many of these women are seeking foreigners either because they want a higher standard of living, or are "out" of their market, and don't want to die alone.  A lot of them won't have tons of foreign male suitors, so many of those things don't matter.

But, I tend to believe you find what you need (as opposed to what you may want), and that it's all in God's hands.  So, my perspective is no doubt skewed by that.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2868 on: August 02, 2021, 01:58:29 AM »

Realisitically, many of these women are seeking foreigners either because they want a higher standard of living, or are "out" of their market, and don't want to die alone.  A lot of them won't have tons of foreign male suitors, so many of those things don't matter.

But, I tend to believe you find what you need (as opposed to what you may want), and that it's all in God's hands.  So, my perspective is no doubt skewed by that.

I think you're right on this Boe, the two above reasons you give for FSW seeking a foreign man apples to most of them. It's fundamentally a simple and straightforward enough concept to grasp. Japs a little while ago told us that he found a lot of FSW talk philosophically about love but that a lot of that is often superficial and just to impress the guy. I have communicated with UW and the more I hear them talk like such the less convinced I am of what they say is truely what they mean. Like you have said in the past a lot of them will agree with a guy or say stuff if they see the guy as a successful guy. Krimster said himself that he had given up on the concept of love and instead was content to focus on 'the deal' of what each other wanted from a relationship. That's not to say they didn't enjoy each others company of course.

I personally think it is quite tricky to understand if people in the world really are getting together for 'love' as they think or whether there are other attractions that draw each other. A good looking guy could have women drawn to him for his looks, or because he owns his own home, or because he can fix cars so is seen as very useful, etc. I certainly think that women are hard wired to go for a man that can make himself useful in some way and that's an historical trait.

The more a guy is seen as useful in an avert way the more attention this will attract from females. He is up against other males in this of course, but in western society where a lot of guys are increasingly spending their time on their Xbox, on weed, etc then those guys tend not to be much competition. The guy meanwhile is often attracted by looks but the girl doesn't have to be an impressive model as often thought, most guys will settle for an everyday looking girl who is content with them and has all the usual female sexual functions. Us men are hard wired for sex above looks I believe. If a girl is ugly and/or overweight then she will appeal to very few men though in looks or sex, so again are less competition for other females.

Anyhow, the International Dating game in the FSU does mean that guys can win on different criteria than they would in the west. As you correctly point out some of these women are out of the dating market in their own country in the FSU for various reasons but a western guy can be an option where all local options have pretty much been exhausted. These types of girls can range from pretty girls that never found a local guy to satisfy their wants to everyday looking girls who have the odd character flaw where men passed over them for women that didn't have such an issue. Whether that character flaw is enough to see off western men too or no big deal for the right western man is another matter I think.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2869 on: August 02, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »

Of course they don't say that they are seeking a higher standard of living, (I am assuming
Trench didn't hack into your account). Many that I talked to had a friend who had a foreign
husband and they really liked the way he treated her. I also dated a lot of English teachers
which tend to have more of an interest in Western language and culture. 

There are many women who are out of Market. Once a woman achieves a certain age they
are often treated like milk after it passed it's expiration date. They don't have serious local
suitors who are interested in marriage and a family.

But, I tend to believe you find what you need (as opposed to what you may want), and
that it's all in God's hands.  So, my perspective is no doubt skewed by that.

My advice is to pray like God is going take care of everything, but then to work and prepare
as if he told you he was helping based on your level of effort.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline BC

« Reply #2870 on: August 02, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »
My advice is to pray like God is going take care of everything, but then to work and prepare
as if he told you he was helping based on your level of effort.

My experience agrees with Boethius.  Marriage was the very last thing on my mind, then it just happened, sorta like getting hit by a bus.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2871 on: August 02, 2021, 01:37:44 PM »
Of course they don't say that they are seeking a higher standard of living, (I am assuming
Trench didn't hack into your account). Many that I talked to had a friend who had a foreign
husband and they really liked the way he treated her. I also dated a lot of English teachers
which tend to have more of an interest in Western language and culture. 

There are many women who are out of Market. Once a woman achieves a certain age they
are often treated like milk after it passed it's expiration date. They don't have serious local
suitors who are interested in marriage and a family.

I've had a couple of FSW tell me the 'I have a friend who married a western man/western men treat FSW better' yarn. I now regard it as more talk that masks what the FSW really wants - a better standard of living. The English language teacher or student is apparently an easy place for a native English guy to score, they are apparently like groupies, if you're an English guy then you're the real deal to them. Upon reflection of what was said here I don't see myself becoming an English teacher to Ukrainians, etc as a basis for a source of income. My interest in English language is not all that great and I don't think I would want to commit to it. I could possibly throw out a few freebie basic lessons if over there for a while or a few cheap basic lessons - providing the girl is hot enough of course ;D

I think Boethius isn't just talking about women that have reached a certain age when she says they are, 'out of the market' but also women that tend not to get dates easily or at all of guys because for a variety of reasons but most probably because they don't have the looks, or don't have good social skills, or have character flaws, or want too much from a guy, etc. For the western guy he'll have to judge whether she is good for him either. Many WM who visit such ladies think they have hit gold when such desperate ladies are interested but fail to take into account lady's shortcomings. The man of course may not be all that great himself but he may be too quick to judge mission success I feel.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2872 on: August 02, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »
I think Boethius isn't just talking about women that have reached a certain age when she says they are, 'out of the market'.

No, that is exactly what I meant.

Offline ML

« Reply #2873 on: August 03, 2021, 07:12:33 AM »
I don't suppose Trench is married, yet ? ')

Getting married is not a great achievement.  Very easy to do.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2874 on: August 03, 2021, 08:07:27 AM »
Boe, see why I asked if he hacked into your account?

what the FSW really wants - a better standard of living. The English language teacher
or student is apparently an easy place for a native English guy to score, they are
apparently like groupies, if you're an English guy then you're the real deal to them.

I think Boethius isn't just talking about women that have reached a certain age when
she says they are, 'out of the market' but also women that tend not to get dates easily
or at all of guys because for a variety of reasons but most probably because they don't
have the looks, or don't have good social skills, or have character flaws, or want too much
from a guy, etc. For the western guy he'll have to judge whether she is good for him either.

Many WM who visit such ladies think they have hit gold when such desperate ladies are
interested but fail to take into account lady's shortcomings. The man of course may not
be all that great himself but he may be too quick to judge mission success I feel.

Trench you are a broken record.

An incel "involuntary celibate", people who define themselves as unable to find a romantic
or sexual partner despite desiring one. Incel's are often characterized by resentment,
misogyny, self-pity, a sense of entitlement.

Do you lack a single one of those traits?

The vast majorities of English teachers in the FSU never look for a foreign husband.
Several of the English teachers I dated were divorced from FSU men.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1402
Most Online Ever: 12701