It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I got scammed  (Read 8231 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I got scammed
« on: February 18, 2021, 06:45:46 PM »
http://datingscams.cc/scammer/profile/s29362

Email: lovelytinka1985@gmail.com

I got scammed. It took her 4 months till she got around to casually asking for money.

She sent me nice professional pictures, nice cell phone pictures, old family pictures, even a video.

The wiser users on this site brought me up to speed on some of the red flags. It's been awhile since I've been to Ukraine. No internet cafes.  Everyone should have a cell phone.

She gave me a number but I could never connect with her. She allegedly used an internet cafe to get online. She was in a war torn part of the country with power outage and other effects of war. It was plausible all the little excuses she gave me but there were other little things that revealed that it was a scam - but she or he was good.

I wonder who the real lady is in the photo. Having been to Ukraine and have had a few relations there I thought I'd be ready for any scams. I guess I learned quite a bit.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Re: I got scammed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »
I got scammed. It took her 4 months till she got around to casually asking for money.
Well-- did you send her any? If not...How were you 'scammed'?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »
I supposed only my heart was scammed. I wasn't going to send anything to someone with so many little red flags. I liked her look - dark brown hair, sometimes with highlights and deep blue eyes. She's my type. I'm not out $100 or $1,000 but I still feel like a big time sucker.

Honestly I read in here about investigators and I actually wanted to have some clarity and strongly considered it since she provided me an address and a landline phone. All the non professional photos got believing she was real but after reading about some of the things done these days I understand I had a lot to catch up on.

Well-- did you send her any? If not...How were you 'scammed'?

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »
If they are unwilling to video chat then move on. Most serious women will want to also verify that you look like your photos and are not some keyboard romeo.... Keep that in mind.

every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 08:25:02 PM »
I supposed only my heart was scammed. I wasn't going to send anything to someone with so many little red flags. I liked her look - dark brown hair, sometimes with highlights and deep blue eyes. She's my type. I'm not out $100 or $1,000 but I still feel like a big time sucker.

Honestly I read in here about investigators and I actually wanted to have some clarity and strongly considered it since she provided me an address and a landline phone. All the non professional photos got believing she was real but after reading about some of the things done these days I understand I had a lot to catch up on.

This is a lesson and you still have much to learn. Scammers are crafty and tick all the boxes. Chances are great the photos were grabbed off some random site and the lady in the pics has no idea.

The fact that you carried on for 4 months without direct contact on webcam or phone is alarming. Remember going forward any honest woman interested in you will make sure to have time method and plan for contact within hours or days.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 09:37:12 PM »

You should've posted some of her letters here and we could've told you she's a scammer and you'd only have to pay us half the money she's asking for.

Write a BUNCH of women. Don't lose 4 months of your life to one person again. By writing a bunch of women, you'll have sincere women in that group and you'll increase your odds of finding a good woman who's actually interested in you, not your wallet.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 10:02:48 PM »
This forum provided some good advice. I got suspicious after about 3 weeks, very doubtful by week 6. I felt it was probably a fake profile by week 8 and finally by week 14 they made a obvious error which let go of any hope.

I mean I dated a Ukrainian woman who actually acted in a Hollywood film, who was adopted and opened up her own shop in Lviv/Lvov - so I'm open minded that there are outliers out there with unique lives. 

The communication was pretty normal and not over the top like some other ones I've seen on scamming websites. She/he was pretty good. They answered every question and comment I made.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 03:07:52 AM »
She gave me a number but I could never connect with her. She allegedly used an internet cafe to get online. She was in a war torn part of the country with power outage and other effects of war. It was plausible all the little excuses she gave me but there were other little things that revealed that it was a scam - but she or he was good.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:09:43 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
This forum provided some good advice. I got suspicious after about 3 weeks, very doubtful by week 6. I felt it was probably a fake profile by week 8 and finally by week 14 they made a obvious error which let go of any hope.

I mean I dated a Ukrainian woman who actually acted in a Hollywood film, who was adopted and opened up her own shop in Lviv/Lvov - so I'm open minded that there are outliers out there with unique lives. 

The communication was pretty normal and not over the top like some other ones I've seen on scamming websites. She/he was pretty good. They answered every question and comment I made.

Suspicious at 3 weeks? Then is when you terminate and move on not 13 weeks later. If she was real and serious would have known, communicated and learning each other by then. The virtual first meetings and communications would have been long past and you would have been discovering whether the two of you actually liked each other. Seems you fell in love with pretty pics and flowery emails

Did I miss something about your FSUW affair 10 years ago? Have you been to Ukraine before? Where was this relationship? For a 2nd timer you're sounding like newbie. 10 years hasn't made much of a difference in the actual search. Technology has only made it easier and much easier to detect nefarious women and scammers. You seem to be making statements that come from a newbie and should be elementary to a 2nd timer. I'm not trying to bust your balls here but if you want good useful advice, you need to be truthful and get out of the fantasy.

Crap in, crap out kind of thing

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 11:12:22 AM »
Indeed CG there are many elements here for you to learn from, once you have learned you be all the stronger for it in terms of spotting and avoiding scammers. Main thing though is to get back to communicating with FSW and not turn into a scammer hunter - that is just wasting time. Many scammers use pics taken of social media sites, VK, Facebook, Instagram, etc so they will have a ready supply of photos. Many FSW like to pose a lot for photos strike model poses and get some professional photos done, even if they aren't using them for dating sites. So a hairy Boris scammer can get hold of plenty of photos of the same woman real quickly.

The conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine also makes for handy cover for a scammer to excuse herself from as issues, can't video chat etc. Chances are the scammer may not even be based there it's just where they know that they won't have to think hard o make up excuses. Some guys have dated real women from the conflict area but you need to know what to look for, when to hold and when to fold. Even still it adds another level of difficulty as getting in & out for the lady isn't often an easy journey, plus you won't be able to visit where she lives which is another disadvantage.

The above posters are right in that you wasted too much time on this scammer, time that could be spent better on a real girl. Hopefully you'll learn from all of this and be able to avoid wasting too much time on them in the future. Scammers don't all act exactly the same but usually a tell-tell sign such as has been mentioned and other pops up and at that point it's time to cut contact and move on.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
I wasted my time
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 11:31:23 AM »
She gave me a number but I could never connect with her.

A sincere girl wants to hear your voice and would make sure you
connected even if she had to hold a coat hanger out the window
of her apartment in a snowstorm with her toes to get better reception.

Sincere girls find a way to make it happen. 

Don't waste time with a girl who won't come on Skype (or some type
of messenger) by the third exchange no matter how hot she is. The
day you dump a hot girl is the day that YOU start driving the bus.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Ukrainianlover

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 12:17:17 PM »
I remember back in the day getting Copy and pasted messages from Boris and the boys but it was too easy to see that no beautiful woman would be that crazy about my profile and fall head over heels in love with me. If you’ve dated plenty of women from all sorts of places for many many years. They aren’t very different when it comes to catching feelings for you but that’s after you spent time with them. I didn’t expect Russian or Ukrainian girls to fall for you that easy no matter how crappy their living conditions were. I used to even play along with some of these scammers by giving them hope like I really was going to western Union them money by taking pictures of me there getting ready to send money when I was just going to the store to get something and western Union happened to be in the same shop as well but I never sent them money. Why would I send money to someone I never met. Hell I don’t even lend money to people because you’ll never see it again and I don’t like asking for stuff back.

But it’s very easy to see a girl become interested in you because they’ll want to see you online. Any girl that says she don’t have the internet or a smartphone is lying because every girl over there has a smartphone. It’s not like it’s a third world country. Sure if they live in a village they might have a harder time getting the internet but chances are they wouldn’t be doing this kind of dating if it was that much of an effort. Mind you my wife just got the internet a year before I started talking to her back in 2014 so where we think everyone is online. Some people over there still might not be on the net. But I like I said. They wouldn’t be setting up a profile to be rarely on it.

If you never lost any money or sent her anything. Then you just lost time and have to start over again and it’s ok. Don’t give up. My membership was about to expire on one of those dating sites that I was on and I was going to take a break from it but that’s when my wife showed up and we got talking, long story short we have been married for quite a while and it’s wonderful. Just take some time to look for what you want. Don’t just make it just on looks. It’s a huge bonus but they have to have depth to them as well

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
I quickly learned the hard way that most women there do actually have a smart phone with internet service.

Duh - even back in the day the women I talked to had expensive winter coats - they'll figure out a way to get necessities. And smartphones are a necessity these days.

I remember back in the day getting Copy and pasted messages from Boris and the boys but it was too easy to see that no beautiful woman would be that crazy about my profile and fall head over heels in love with me. If you’ve dated plenty of women from all sorts of places for many many years. They aren’t very different when it comes to catching feelings for you but that’s after you spent time with them. I didn’t expect Russian or Ukrainian girls to fall for you that easy no matter how crappy their living conditions were. I used to even play along with some of these scammers by giving them hope like I really was going to western Union them money by taking pictures of me there getting ready to send money when I was just going to the store to get something and western Union happened to be in the same shop as well but I never sent them money. Why would I send money to someone I never met. Hell I don’t even lend money to people because you’ll never see it again and I don’t like asking for stuff back.

But it’s very easy to see a girl become interested in you because they’ll want to see you online. Any girl that says she don’t have the internet or a smartphone is lying because every girl over there has a smartphone. It’s not like it’s a third world country. Sure if they live in a village they might have a harder time getting the internet but chances are they wouldn’t be doing this kind of dating if it was that much of an effort. Mind you my wife just got the internet a year before I started talking to her back in 2014 so where we think everyone is online. Some people over there still might not be on the net. But I like I said. They wouldn’t be setting up a profile to be rarely on it.

If you never lost any money or sent her anything. Then you just lost time and have to start over again and it’s ok. Don’t give up. My membership was about to expire on one of those dating sites that I was on and I was going to take a break from it but that’s when my wife showed up and we got talking, long story short we have been married for quite a while and it’s wonderful. Just take some time to look for what you want. Don’t just make it just on looks. It’s a huge bonus but they have to have depth to them as well

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
5. Verify the ladies you are writing to are real.
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 02:59:25 PM »

The RWD Ten Commandments number 5

1. Never send money to someone you have never met.

2. Always have a back-up plan.

3. Work to eliminate any agency from your communications.

4. Always get the lady's home address and home phone number as early as possible.

5. Verify the ladies you are writing to are real.
Get them on Skype or a messenger service by the 3rd
contact OR DUMP THEM!!

6. Do not fall in love with photos!!

7. Always be yourself. Show the ladies the real you. Be truthful. Use current photos.

8. Do not rush into this! Take your time and be methodical, not impulsive, about this process.

9. Treat international dating the same as dating someone from your home country. The biggest difference
is the cost (travel, phone. etc). This is an expensive process. Don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise.

10. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAIL-ORDER BRIDE! They do not exist.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »
If they are unwilling to video chat then move on. Most serious women will want to also verify that you look like your photos and are not some keyboard romeo....
25 Years ago...a video chat was quite rare. The sure fire way is still to meet in person. Only then can you tell that there is/could be a promising relationship. Often ...even then, things can go bust.

BTW perhaps cameraguy really and truly is a 'keyboard Romeo' 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Davo

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 06:55:00 PM »
Maybe this might help someone to identify email scammers during the first messages. For a comparison at the end of my post is a brief conversation with a genuine woman showing how quick you can go from meeting a woman on a dating site to video chat.

This site looked to be loaded with scammers, so I really didn’t bother throwing in any humour or thought into my messages.

I first contacted Daria, because I visited her city before. Then the floodgates opened and I had loads of email scammers in a matter of a week messaging me.

Some preempt my obvious question to move to an app like Whatsapp. Some I preempt, especially when it’s from the Donetsk region.

During the last few years I don’t know of anyone who has met a genuine woman from there online. All have been scam profiles. If you take some comments on scam baiting forums as fact, Nigerians are behind a lot of these profiles from the war zone. It’s a great cover story for a scammer.

Davo:
Hello Daraya.... my name’s Davo It’s nice to meet you )

I’d like to get to know you, so please message me if your’re interested.

Regards
Davo.

Darya:
My name is Darya
I live in Russia.
I'm searching for a serious relationship.
Nice to meet you
It is convenient for me to communicate via e-mail, since I am at work now.
If you are interested in me, write to my e-mail. Okay?
Here is the e-mail: daryanikova@yandex.ru
Waiting for an answer.
I am do not have whatsapp.

Davo :
lets chat here for a while and see how it goes.

What’s your favourite thing to do in .........? I know your city well .

Iradneezhnaya:
hi i like you ))

Davo:
Hi..... I’m happy to chat with you, but please don’t ask to go to email. I will only use whats app when I move off this site.

Please tell me about yourself

Irishka:
Privetik ))I'm interested in a serious relationship))) Are you interested?
I'll be glad if you write to me to my e m a i l - zolotavayaira # g m a i l # c 0 m)) I would like to know you better) Irishka

Davo:
Please send your whatsapp / Skype details.... Email is no way to get to know each other, don’t you agree?

Yana: (Donetsk Region)
Hi 🙂

Davo:
Hi Yana, how are you ?

It’s a weird coincidence, but I was Just video chatting with a male friend from Doneskt. We met in Ukraine years ago and have bexome good friends. We chat once or twice a week on whatsapp.

Anyway that’s enough about that. if your’e happy to chat with
me, please tell me about yourself and your life.

Regards
Davo

Yana:
Hi, how are you doing? I really liked you and I would like to continue communicating with you)))
Maybe you can say your mail and I'll write you a little letter and tell you about myself.
Kiss you!!

Davo: Hi, give me your whatsapp details so
we can video chat and call.... email is old school.

Basjaska:
Hello! Let's get acquainted! What are you looking for on this site,
maybe I will be interesting for you? Mail me sanretxa //gmail //com

Davo:
I’m looking for a genuine woman..... are you one?

Basjaska:
I am single) Write me a mail and we will talk and i send you my foto)

Davo:
Send me your whatsapp or skype details ?

Basjaska:
HI! I have not WhatsApp and Skype) Write me a mail and we will talk and i send you my foto

Davo:
If You don’t have whatsapp or skype, how do we get to know each other? and how do you know i’m a real man?

Basjaska:
I want to believe you that you are real! Let's talk! I only have mail, unfortunate!!

Davo:
You must only be new to international dating... I hope you don’t mind, but here’s some tips.

Only 5 percent of men you chat to here are real and serious enough to get on a plane to visit you.

You will face fake profiles and scammers. Men who just want to live an online fantasy. Men who just want sex talk or are sex tourists.... even married men.

I’ve meet many genuine women in Russia and Ukraine online and several in Russia in real life. All had access to whatsapp and insisted on chatting there. It’s very smart for a woman to do this, so she knows the man is real and serious.

Trust me, don’t waste your time emailing men, go straight to whatsapp and see if there is actual chemisty.

I can guide you through the steps of installing it on your phone.

Basjaska:
Thanks) But my phone doesn't support any apps!!

Davo:
Oh well .... You have a phone at least. Whats your phone number?I’ll call you directly and we can chat.

Basjaska:
Sorry, I won't give it, I don't know you! Let's recognize each other by mail)

This is a conversation with a genuine down to earth woman, I met on fdating a couple of years ago in her early 40’s. She was from Sochi and had  a picture of her riding a horse (I had the same profile pic) and noticed she viewed my profile......I had to re-write a few massages so they made sense. She spoke reasonable English, but her writing was hit and miss. She was definitely not using a translator.

It took an hour to get her off the site and video chatting. Half that time was her getting prepared for our first face to face online encounter.

This is about as easy as it gets, some might take a few days before we left the site.

Davo:
Anna, I see you admiring those hind quarter muscles!! )))

Anna:
Hello Davo)
Ohh!! yes you have a strong horse

Davo:
There are two hind quarters in that picture😉

Anna:
Hhaa!! a comedian)))

Davo:
No, just a normal man with bad pickup lines🙄, who’s looking for that strong Russian woman that can stop a galloping horse)))..... Maybe that’s you?

Anna:
😁

Anna:
Of course i’m  a strong Russian woman!! and  I’ve stopped lots of galloping horses!!

Anna:
You know a strong woman needs a strong man. Are you this man?😉

Davo:
Ohh Anna!! ... of course )

Davo:
You’re good fun to chat with, so let’s not waste time here. It’s getting late for me, but would you like to video chat?

Davo:
My whatsapp number is........ I have Skype too.

Anna:
Yes I’d like to see you. My number........

Davo:
Ok great!!.... I’ll find you on whatapp now.

Anna:
Ok Davo. Please allow me some time before you call.

Davo:
No problems....How long does it take you to choose a dress and do your hair and makeup? 😜

Anna:
21:15 😝

Davo:
See you soon Anna 🙂

Offline iloveukrayinkas

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 02:07:45 PM »

She sent me nice professional pictures, nice cell phone pictures, old family pictures, even a video.

The wiser users on this site brought me up to speed on some of the red flags. It's been awhile since I've been to Ukraine. No internet cafes.  Everyone should have a cell phone.

I wonder who the real lady is in the photo. Having been to Ukraine and have had a few relations there I thought I'd be ready for any scams. I guess I learned quite a bit.

Let me tell you one thing out of my experience.
No matter how wise, how experienced or well informed you are about scams, they will ALWAYS find a way
to scam you or pretend a relationship with you if that's their goal. If the woman is determined to get you,
she will lie to you, manipulate you and use all sort of excuses on why she can't communicate with you and
us like monkeys will buy it!
They will prey on you with their looks, their nice photos and "little videos" like you say, in order to convince you they are
real and that they are into you.
Look up on youtube Conor Clyne's analysis of 90 day fiance Ceasar and Maria.
Very educational on the type of SOPHISTICATED SCAMS that women are running. Notice I say women, not
ukrainians or russians, but in general. You can find another older man on youtube who lost his wife of 30 years , he
got depressed and felt lonely, contacted a woman from Morocco who said she loved him and lost about $100K on being
married for like 2 days. These women are predatorial!!

Of course they will try to use any type of excuses as to diminish their communication with you and just find a way to
get your money or gifts.

Just ask DAVO, he also noticed an increase in the SOPHISTICATION of scams recently with modern women.
They know everyone knows about the MoneyGram or Westernunion scams and are turning to more sophisticated
scams like the one perpetrated on Anthony with Ekaterina Enokaeva Insta model and professional scammer.
They can send you a video saying your name like they did with him to convince you they are real and then just turn the
communication over to the translators. Anthony says if you ask for a selphie they will tell you yes, of course, and then
send it to you 2 or 3 days later. Cuz that's the time it took them to get a hold of the girl and ask her for that custom
made selphie.

Also Research CAM DECOY PROFESSIONAL, it is a computer program to make fake videos for video chats.
The girl is just playing a video game and you think she is the real deal because you are watching her, but it's
basically just a fraudulent looping video. Even if you are able to determine the exact moment where the video sequence
ends, they also have an option to turn off the camera and display a "reconnecting" type of message which helps them
to just play the loop from the beginning without you noticing the harsh change.

Sorry this happened to you as well cameraguy, I hope you are even more cautious next time!
Life won't get easier. You just have to get stronger.

Offline iloveukrayinkas

Re: 5. Verify the ladies you are writing to are real.
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »

The RWD Ten Commandments number 5

1. Never send money to someone you have never met.

2. Always have a back-up plan.

Hey Talbill , and what about sending gifts or flowers to somebody you have never met?
Is that an acceptable courting practice to do internationally??
Cuz if it is I may be guilty of this sin. ..

Offline iloveukrayinkas

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
Whats up my firend?
I don't know if you did this throughout all the experiment but it does seem far fetched a
woman will actually give you her direct contact info from the get go.
Personally I would email her a couple of times at least before trying to take it to
phone or skype.
Also it seems too much to be offering these women advice on int'l dating if you don't
even know them well and don't know if they will welcome or appreciate this advice.
Although those are great points and truths about international dating indeed.
In other cases I believe a certain percentage will be shy girls or feel embarrassed by their
lack of english skills but why then attempt int'l dating in the first place?
Cheers

Basjaska:
Hello! Let's get acquainted! What are you looking for on this site,
maybe I will be interesting for you? Mail me sanretxa //gmail //com

Davo:
I’m looking for a genuine woman..... are you one?

Basjaska:
I am single) Write me a mail and we will talk and i send you my foto)

Davo:
Send me your whatsapp or skype details ?

Basjaska:
HI! I have not WhatsApp and Skype) Write me a mail and we will talk and i send you my foto

Davo:
If You don’t have whatsapp or skype, how do we get to know each other? and how do you know i’m a real man?

Basjaska:
I want to believe you that you are real! Let's talk! I only have mail, unfortunate!!

Davo:
You must only be new to international dating... I hope you don’t mind, but here’s some tips.

Only 5 percent of men you chat to here are real and serious enough to get on a plane to visit you.

You will face fake profiles and scammers. Men who just want to live an online fantasy. Men who just want sex talk or are sex tourists.... even married men.

I’ve meet many genuine women in Russia and Ukraine online and several in Russia in real life. All had access to whatsapp and insisted on chatting there. It’s very smart for a woman to do this, so she knows the man is real and serious.

Trust me, don’t waste your time emailing men, go straight to whatsapp and see if there is actual chemisty.

I can guide you through the steps of installing it on your phone.

Basjaska:
Thanks) But my phone doesn't support any apps!!

Davo:
Oh well .... You have a phone at least. Whats your phone number?I’ll call you directly and we can chat.

Basjaska:
Sorry, I won't give it, I don't know you! Let's recognize each other by mail)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Re: 5. Verify the ladies you are writing to are real.
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 03:42:29 PM »
Hey Talbill , and what about sending gifts or flowers to somebody you have never met?
Is that an acceptable courting practice to do internationally??
Cuz if it is I may be guilty of this sin. ..

NO
NO
NO 
NO
except if you are sure she is genuine (sure 110%) and you are communicating for months and it's day of woman.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Davo

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »
The biggest advance i’ve seen in scammer tactics happened last year with a guy from the states I was talking too. He almost fell victim to an email scammer he met on match in the states. I got him on fdating and he met a woman who wanted to go email. After a week of messages that looked genuine, he pushed to go to whatsapp and they had one short video call. The woman looked slightly different to her profile pictures. After she had problems with the app and wanted to return to email. A few days later she has an emergency that required money.

For a novice who hadn’t chatted with a genuine woman, it would appear she passed the video chat test and didn’t write the typical long messages that scammers do. Luckily the next woman passed with flying colours. She moved him to whatapp after a cool of days on her insistence, then began daily  video chatting and calls.

Personally I met an email scammer a few months ago who appeared very genuine on the dating site and has obviously researched my country and had an elaborate story that involved a sister in Margret River who she couldn’t visit due to covid. I pushed hard to go to whatspp, but she wouldn’t budge and insisted on email.

The basic scammers are trying a lot harder to look like a genuine woman in some cases.

What hasn’t changed is genuine womens behaviour. They all consistently want to video chat and call on a daily / weekly basis with hours of messaging and sending pictures and videos in between. If you don’t see this behaviour, she’s either just not that in to you or will eventually show her true colours and ask for $..... Scammers never make this kind of commitment.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:17:47 PM by Davo »

Offline LAman

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »
The biggest advance i’ve seen in scammer tactics happened last year with a guy from the states I was talking too. He almost fell victim to an email scammer he met on match in the states. I got him on fdating and he met a woman who wanted to go email. After a week of messages that looked genuine, he pushed to go to whatsapp and they had one short video call. The woman looked slightly different to her profile pictures. After she had problems with the app and wanted to return to email. A few days later she has an emergency that required money.

What the 'new' tactics???
Anytime a girl chooses to go to email it is never a good sign, it has been that way for several years.
You ask for a phone number, if none is given, you move on.
If you start chatting on a phone app, and it goes to a daily chatting that is a good sign but you still take it one day at a time.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 06:56:13 PM »

What the 'new' tactics???
Anytime a girl chooses to go to email it is never a good sign, it has been that way for several years.
You ask for a phone number, if none is given, you move on.
If you start chatting on a phone app, and it goes to a daily chatting that is a good sign but you still take it one day at a time.

It may not be new, but some are definitely trying to mimic how genuine women write, when in the past i’ve only seen those generic long first messages full of affection. I never saw what I have recently 4 years ago when I first started online, they were all very predictable and you could pick them immediately. The woman chatting with the US guy nailed it and personally i’ve never heard of any willing to video chat.

You’re 100% correct when a woman wants to chat via email.... 99% of the time she or he is a scammer. The only time i’ve chatted via email with any of the 50 or so genuine that i’ve met, was k and that was for a logistical visa issue where she forwarded a document.

It’s interesting that some genuine women have talked about scammers and  made the point that they won’t offer their email address until they have a good rapport on whatapp etc..with a man, in fear she’ll scare him off. Several stated they deliberately use normal every day pictures on profiles for the  same reason.... Then again lost of email scammers do too
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:38:32 PM by Davo »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 08:59:48 PM »
Look up on youtube Conor Clyne's analysis of 90 day fiance Ceasar and Maria.
Very educational on the type of SOPHISTICATED SCAMS that women are running.

There was nothing sophisticated about Maria scamming Ceasar. Ceasar was an idiot. Maria didn't open his wallet. He did. My mom travelled to Europe and money was stolen out of her pocket while in a crowded bus. She told me how well she hid the money and was sure nobody would get it knowing thieves can target tourists. I told my mom the bottom line is she was the easiest target on the bus for the thieves. Ceasar was an easy target. Guys in their 40's on up are getting scammed by people half their age. With life experience, we should acquire enough wisdom so that we aren't fools because fools and their money will soon part.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »

There was nothing sophisticated about Maria scamming Ceasar. Ceasar was an idiot. Maria didn't open his wallet. He did. My mom travelled to Europe and money was stolen out of her pocket while in a crowded bus. She told me how well she hid the money and was sure nobody would get it knowing thieves can target tourists. I told my mom the bottom line is she was the easiest target on the bus for the thieves. Ceasar was an easy target. Guys in their 40's on up are getting scammed by people half their age. With life experience, we should acquire enough wisdom so that we aren't fools because fools and their money will soon part.

I haven’t watched the show, only a few YouTube clips, but my take was she was just a run of the mill
Prodater.... Is that what others thought?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1948
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM