It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 316054 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1200 on: July 21, 2020, 06:20:48 AM »
Problem is FT, you only know it is 'happening' when it hits you in the face. 'Currently' is pretty much a useless term in this context, already a month or more behind the curve.
I don't suspect we will see much over 1000 deaths a day or less.  While a shame, I don't see that as enough to close everything down.  My guess is that it won't get that much worse than it already is.  I think that Americans are going to accept this as a new normal and are going to want to live normally with this new added risk.  If the numbers start increasing, then I could once again change my stance, but as you stated, by then it would be too late.    I just don't see a workable alternative with the attitudes of the US population.  There are 4 old guys I work with or around closely age range is 70-84 years old and only one of the four wears a mask sometimes, all the rest NEVER wear a mask unless forced to in a supermarket or something like that. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1201 on: July 21, 2020, 08:06:44 AM »
confederate,

there are only 3 reasons why you don’t have at least one female quarantine partner right now...

1. you’re POOR! - to women, poor is the same as lazy, and women hate lazy men
2. you’re UGLY! - nobody likes ugly people, not even YOU!
3. you’re DUMB! - cuz even poor, ugly guys can figure out how to get laid if they’re smart

being poor, ugly and dumb has not ONLY made you involuntarily celibate
it has also turned you into a bitter man who developed paranoid delusional thinking to compensate for your LOW position and lack of succeess in life ....

so on top of being poor, ugly, and dumb, you’re also a “wack job”
so forget about the girl friend, ok?
nature just plain did NOT intend for you to reproduce
that should be obvious to you by now, OK?

meanwhile, save your delusions or mix them up with UFOs to make them sound more interesting to the rest of us who DO NOT share your affliction and corresponding delusional outlook!
for example, "did you hear what Dr Fauci said about "alien abductions"?
YOU DIDN'T?
that's because THEY didn't want you to hear!
see...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 08:16:04 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1202 on: July 21, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »
I don't suspect we will see much over 1000 deaths a day or less.  While a shame, I don't see that as enough to close everything down.  My guess is that it won't get that much worse than it already is.  I think that Americans are going to accept this as a new normal and are going to want to live normally with this new added risk.  If the numbers start increasing, then I could once again change my stance, but as you stated, by then it would be too late.    I just don't see a workable alternative with the attitudes of the US population.  There are 4 old guys I work with or around closely age range is 70-84 years old and only one of the four wears a mask sometimes, all the rest NEVER wear a mask unless forced to in a supermarket or something like that. 

Fathertime!

A bit of perspective, prior to this current pandemic, the US death rate was hovering at a clip of 2.8 million +/- per year...that's more or less mid-7000/day. So far halfway through 2020, because of COVID-19, we've surpassed last year's total.

For the past 20-30 years, we fluctuated anywhere from 8.5 to 8.9/1000 deaths yearly. Prior decades to this, especially in the '70s, we nearly averaged in high 9s/1000. It'll be interesting to see why that is, but that's for another time, I suppose.

So the added deaths due to, or of COVID-19 - if it remained on a steady level to the end of the year, will our country see the same rate as it did in the '60s and all of the '70s.

What I'm saying is - we've been here before.

btw, if you peeked at the left column, there are 26 nations above us who have a higher death rate so far this year. This year we are at 8.9- per 1,000.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 08:43:13 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1203 on: July 21, 2020, 08:28:27 AM »
Have anything constructive to add?  And tell me, what do sheep have to do with it?

You’re not capable of deciphering propaganda however other more astute readers of this site are, therefore for their benefit.

“He had dismissed the President’s efforts to promote a known malaria medication as treatment for severe corona patients as “anecdotal,” even though seven years before he backed the same drug. He has publicly taken projections from an institute created in Washington State by the Gates Foundation, the same foundation that virtually owns the WHO and owns major stakes in the leading vaccine makers, to claim that up to 200,000 Americans could die from COVID19. Fauci stated that COVID19 is “probably about 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu,” which would mean 300-600,000 coronavirus deaths this year, at the same time in a respected medical journal he compared Covid-19 as similar to seasonal flu in morbidity

http://fort-russ.com/amp/2020/04/shedding-light-on-the-dishonorable-record-of-dr-fauci-a-real-mengele/

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 08:32:54 AM by Confederate »
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1204 on: July 21, 2020, 08:50:09 AM »
it's the economy, stupid
or
the stupid economy for the stupid

Offline msmob

« Reply #1205 on: July 21, 2020, 09:11:44 AM »
It is telling to be told, " you are not capable of discerning propaganda", by a poster who believes the word of David Icke, who claims many leading politicians and business movers and shakers are reptiles.....

The same chap was busy paying members that another member had hacked forums))))..

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1206 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
seriously....

it's hard for you guys to meet women?

all I gotta do is place an ad on Houston's Craig's List

"Free Room and Board on Small Farm in the Country in Exchange for Light House Cleaning"

First, ONLY women will respond...
second, it only takes a minute to weed out the middle aged, old, ugly
until you're left with a short list of under 30 yr olds...

so with your short list, which actually might consist of dozens of names
how do you shrink it down to a list of "keepers" for house keeper?

you contact them and invite them over to your pool
tell them they MUST bring a bathing suit

then while the two of you are talking
your wife comes out to the pool topless and goes into the pool
inviting the interviewee...

if she at least takes her own top off, then she's a candidate, otherwise not...

that simple...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:19:36 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1207 on: July 21, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1208 on: July 21, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »
Trump gave a very interesting COVID press briefing today.  It was his first since April.  And he did it without anyone from his staff present.  He was brief (maybe 20 minutes) and factual. 

He is owning the pandemic, and says the pandemic will get worse before getting better. 

Today he summarized all the progress being made in treatment protocols such that hospitalizations  are shorter with fewer deaths.  He claimed the States have everything the Federal government can provide.  Trump proudly talked about the remarkably fast progress in developing multiple vaccines. 

Trump answered some questions, most of which were about the election. 

If you were watching CNN, you would have missed it because CNN elected not to cover Trump's briefing.  Supposedly CNN did cut in for Q & A (of course).

Does anyone find it odd that the one network that covers the pandemic day and night, quite possibly more intensely than any other network, decided not to cover what the President had to say? 

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1209 on: July 21, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »
Trump gave a very interesting COVID press briefing today.  It was his first since April.  And he did it without anyone from his staff present.  He was brief (maybe 20 minutes) and factual. 

He is owning the pandemic, and says the pandemic will get worse before getting better. 

Today he summarized all the progress being made in treatment protocols such that hospitalizations  are shorter with fewer deaths.  He claimed the States have everything the Federal government can provide.  Trump proudly talked about the remarkably fast progress in developing multiple vaccines. 

Trump answered some questions, most of which were about the election. 

If you were watching CNN, you would have missed it because CNN elected not to cover Trump's briefing.  Supposedly CNN did cut in for Q & A (of course).

Does anyone find it odd that the one network that covers the pandemic day and night, quite possibly more intensely than any other network, decided not to cover what the President had to say?

It's becoming increasingly rare that much of the MSM will cover President Trump live. The reason for this is so their talking heads have time to parse his words and set up for their daily pounding of his every syllable. Forget the message, attack the man. The MSM coverage of Trump is so blatantly biased it is almost comical. It's no wonder he tweets constantly

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1210 on: July 21, 2020, 06:04:21 PM »

It's becoming increasingly rare that much of the MSM will cover President Trump live.

Certain media outlets prefer to translate English to English for their viewers. Trump will say something and they will tell their viewers what Trump actually said as they interpret it.

Trump should be getting a lot of credit for action taken when he funded billions to labs around the world and secured vaccines for Americans. He secured 300 million doses alone from AstraZeneca. Of course anti Trump media wants everyone to believe he's not taking this crisis seriously.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1211 on: July 21, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

Was that really a serious question or are you just kidding Gator?
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1212 on: July 21, 2020, 06:41:02 PM »
"Rump gave a very interesting COVID press briefing today.  It was his first since April.  And he did it without anyone from his staff present.  He was brief (maybe 20 minutes) and factual."

During his speech 20 Americans died from COVID-19, 99% would still be alive if they lived in any other country on the planet other than the one ruled over by President Rump!

"He is owning the pandemic, and says the pandemic will get worse before getting better. "

ACTUALLY...
the pandemic is now CLEARLY owning him, cuz it was all a hoax a couple of months ago, remember?
but the virus is WAY, WAY smarter than him, despite Rump being able to tell the difference between an elephant and a giraffe on the cognitive test, the virus will beat him like a drum!

but Rump voters, all they gotta do is hear a few words mumbled about disinfectant from Dear Leader and they gotta go and jerk off over it
a bunch of disgusting closeted Republicans who troll the men's rooms asking other stalls for toilette paper while calling openly gay men "faggots"
that's who Rump voters REALLY are....

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:20:28 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1213 on: July 21, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »

the pandemic is now CLEARLY owning him, cuz it was all a hoax a couple of months ago, remember?

You claim Trump called the pandemic a hoax a couple of months ago?  So you are saying the President who declared a China traveler ban in late January and not much later a European traveler ban,  and then an economic shutdown, would declare in May it was all a hoax? 

Grow up!

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1214 on: July 21, 2020, 07:41:37 PM »
"So you are saying the President who declared a China traveler ban in late January"

Rump only declared a travel ban AFTER the major American airlines did so on their own FIRST...
then Trump did what they already did
OK?
he did NOTHING!
look at the numbers dead, infected, compare to ANY other country on Earth
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:44:15 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1215 on: July 21, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »

I got at least two vaccines brewing in my back yard. University of Washington, which has one of the best medical programs in the country, has positive results with vaccine that created strong immune response in mice and monkeys. Also, the experimental vaccine induced a strong immune response after a single dose and immunity increased over time. The Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle last week announced a two-dose experimental coronavirus vaccine it’s studying provided an immune boost in humans. A 30,000-person study is expected to start by the end of July.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/uw-medicines-experimental-coronavirus-vaccine-shows-promising-results/ar-BB170DYU

We need to give it up for our man, Kim Jong Un. He may end up being the guy that saves the World. North Korea is creating a vaccine and is close to entering phase 3 trials. No international body observed phase 1 and 2 and nobody will observe phase 3 but if they say they got a safe and effective vaccine, trust North Korea for once and take the shot, okay?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-north-korea-says-its-joining-the-coronavirus-vaccine-race-even-though-it-has-no-cases/ar-BB16XfMW?ocid=U218DHP

This party isn't complete without Iran. Iran has homegrown COVID-19 happening at ballistic missile speed. Ready to test on humans.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-30/iran-says-to-start-human-trials-of-covid-19-vaccine-soon

Ethiopia wants in on the action. They've announce great success with their vaccine. The question I have is "Who isn't developing a vaccine?" I have a feeling next year billions of people will be injected with crap that doesn't work.

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/tea/science-health/covid-19-ethiopian-drug-ready-for-clinical-trials-1439584

This webpage has a world map of where vaccines are being developed. They have discriminated against North Korea, Iran and Ethiopia

http://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covid-19-vaccine-race
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1216 on: July 21, 2020, 08:37:33 PM »

Rump only declared a travel ban AFTER the major American airlines did so on their own FIRST...
then Trump did what they already did
OK?
he did NOTHING!

In January Biden criticized the China traveler travel ban, calling Trump a xenophobe.   At the time Fauci thought it unnecessary. 

But in your earlier post you claimed Trump called the pandemic a hoax.  He did say it would go away; he never said it was a hoax.  Some right wing extremists called it a hoax.   Trump called the Russian collusion accusation a hoax. 

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1217 on: July 21, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »

"...Their New Hoax?..."
I guess it’s why he did nothing and the USA is on its way to 200,000 DEAD!
so tell me again who's winning?
the orange clown in the video, or the little virus
who is kicking whose ASS?

BTW, did you know that per capita, the USA's Corona infection rate is 100 times S Korea's
not 10 times
100 times!!!
because they did things a lot more right compared to what the orange clown in the video did
that's why over 140,000 of your countrymen are dead and growing at over 1,000 a day...
because of how freakin great HE IS NOT!
DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE OWE YOU A DEBT OF GRATITUDE FOR VOTING FOR HIM AND DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY?
YOU DO??
Horrorsho!
SPOSSIBA BOLSHOI Americaski pridorki, durrichki!!!  Spossiba Bolshoi!
you just played yourselves and destroyed your own country!!!
you have about a year left before it all collapses.....
all of it
EVERYTHING!
Thank you each and every Trump Voter for your role in making this happen!!

HA, HA
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:26:47 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1218 on: July 22, 2020, 12:54:10 AM »

I was watching, heard the announcement that he would soon be speaking and think caught most of it, but honestly, can't recall if every word was broadcast as I was a bit distracted and it was very early morning here.  Of course, there was a full analysis afterwards with additional clips. I watched the full briefing this morning.  Yes, was his summation of 'facts', a few charts and positive remarks about the economy, we've done much better than other countries, vaccine and therapeutics on the way, docs are doing great, we have all the equipment and PPE we need,our testing is the greatest, it will go away but get worse before it gets better, states are doing well except a few, governors are happy with him, it's all China's fault and a bit of 'it is what it is'.  The notable items I caught was his new position on masks it which is surely a step forward if his base follows this lead, and what I thought was the acceptance of responsibility for His great actions that saved millions of lives, hey it's something! :)

Offline Gator

« Reply #1219 on: July 22, 2020, 06:17:41 AM »

I guess it’s why he did nothing...

Nothing?  Why bother listing what Trump has done.  You would ignore it.  BTW, at what point in the video does Trump call the virus a hoax. 

Unlike you in my deliberations I endeavor to consider different perspectives.  Thus, I admit Trump could have done more, yet most of the infections still would have resulted from individuals deciding not to follow obviously beneficial guidelines.  I voted for Trump and I followed the guidelines. 

I still agree with the overall strategy of keeping the economy open and learning to live with the virus.  Unlike you, most of us can not accept living on freeze dried food.  The jury is still out about final results. 

The pandemic deserved our full attention, yet I don't believe it helpful that the Democrats and the media have politicalized the pandemic as part of the petulant obstruction of Trump.  That has not helped the nation.  And that was Trump's point in the video. 

you just played yourselves and destroyed your own country!!!
you have about a year left before it all collapses.....
all of it
EVERYTHING!

By deciding to divest yourself of everything America, I will give you credit for putting your money where your mouth is   You are not like the celebrities who said in November 2016 they would move to Canada.   

Question:  when selling your Houston home, do the real estate agents advise you to remove your tree fort and punji pit? 

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1220 on: July 22, 2020, 07:51:33 AM »
"when selling your Houston home, do the real estate agents advise you to remove your tree fort and punji pit?  "

no, they tell me to raise the price by 20K for the extra features, these are very much in demand here now
everyone will have to have these

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1221 on: July 24, 2020, 05:55:47 AM »
Last few months is when NY and surrounding States were on fire. But the current trend is going downward and we are now below the threshold for what should be a normal amount of deaths.
I decided to save your chart.   It has been updating as it states it would.  Your statement above is no longer correct.  The number reported deaths is above the baseline.     It is trending below the all time peak when the pandemic was killing 2000 a day though as it ripped through NY.  Nevertheless, the death rate in the US is above it's average.   Not by all that much though, and if were to stay at this rate, I wouldn't consider it urgent, or panic time. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1222 on: July 24, 2020, 05:56:59 AM »
A bit of perspective, prior to this current pandemic, the US death rate was hovering at a clip of 2.8 million +/- per year...that's more or less mid-7000/day. So far halfway through 2020, because of COVID-19, we've surpassed last year's total.

For the past 20-30 years, we fluctuated anywhere from 8.5 to 8.9/1000 deaths yearly. Prior decades to this, especially in the '70s, we nearly averaged in high 9s/1000. It'll be interesting to see why that is, but that's for another time, I suppose.

So the added deaths due to, or of COVID-19 - if it remained on a steady level to the end of the year, will our country see the same rate as it did in the '60s and all of the '70s.

What I'm saying is - we've been here before.

btw, if you peeked at the left column, there are 26 nations above us who have a higher death rate so far this year. This year we are at 8.9- per 1,000.
Interesting numbers thanks for providing them.

Fathertime! 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1223 on: July 24, 2020, 10:49:27 AM »
I decided to save your chart.   It has been updating as it states it would.  Your statement above is no longer correct.  The number reported deaths is above the baseline.     It is trending below the all time peak when the pandemic was killing 2000 a day though as it ripped through NY.  Nevertheless, the death rate in the US is above it's average.   Not by all that much though, and if were to stay at this rate, I wouldn't consider it urgent, or panic time. 

Fathertime!

Yes, it's going back up. Covid-19 deaths are up and deaths from other activities will go back up since the stay at home order has been lifted. I agree with you it's still no reason to panic like months ago when the North Eastern States were on fire with COVID-19

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1224 on: July 24, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »
Dr. Fauci's ceremonial first pitch at the Nationals' game last night is as accurate as his COVID-19 predictions in January..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541426
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2159
Total: 2166

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM