It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 411307 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
Disgusting

What exactly is disgusting?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
Did you watch it, Doll?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
Not the whole thing but it is just the rock concert- show.

Offline Doll

« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »
Actually, it says it is a BIKE show.
I don't like things like this but somebody does.
Are rock shows in the USA any better?
Same crazy. So what?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:35:58 PM by Doll »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #604 on: August 09, 2014, 06:32:15 PM »
No, it was not just a bike show.  Halfway in, they have two tanks with Ukrainian flags, that they eventually attack.

Ultranationalist and obscure.  But yes, you can see the same things in other countries as well.  I've never seen anything like it in the modern West, though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:42:09 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

lordtiberius

« Reply #605 on: August 09, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
A couple of swastikas if I am not mistaken as well, no?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
Yes, a human formation of swastikas, to represent Ukrainians.  Then, mock executions, hangings, a globe with Ukraine and the tryzub in blood, a union of the Ukrainian "fascists" and America, and rescue by terrorists freedom fighters.

To me, it is shocking. 

lordtiberius

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »
idk, I like motorcycles but scum is scum and a lot of 'em traffic on 2 wheels whatever the nationality

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #608 on: August 10, 2014, 12:28:50 AM »
Ukrainians and especially western Ukrainians are being demonized as fascist radicals. IN that context, refugees from eastern Ukraine are being sent to shelters in western Ukraine where the alleged evil 'fascists' are now giving them aid and shelter. This is the best kind of message to send, a message of compassion:

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/western-ukraines-banderstadt-shelters-eastern-ukraines-refugees-359873.html

excerpt:
'...
In Ivano-Frankivsk, non-government youth organisation Etalon is setting an innovative example of cross-sectoral cooperation. People like Tanya from Luhansk can get help right away from representatives of health, education, migration, employment and social services gathered in one room of the Osvita building. Psychologists and lawyers are there to provide counselling. Notices on the walls offer free tours of the town, or trips to the nearby Carpathian mountains. When Tanya arrives, she is at once offered a food package and up to two week’s free stay in the Banderstadt hotel.
The name Banderstadt comes from controversial Ukrainian nationalist leader Stepan Bandera, who lived from 1909-1959, when a KGB agent murdered him in Munich, Germany...'
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:32:26 AM by Photo Guy »

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2014, 01:14:59 AM »
The problem with that performance, which took place in Crimea, is that it is being broadcast to the people of Russia, with only one goal: propaganda!!!!
How can Russians allow this to happen? If you look at the new government in Ukraine, you will not find fascists or Nazis!! Look at Poroshenko. Yes, I would call him an oligarch, but certainly NOT a fascist. Please refer me to the fascist writings or statements of Poroshenko. The new government in Kiev is quite tolerant, especially in contrast to Putin's government. Russia allows dual citizenship, EXCEPT in 'their' new Crimea. (?!?)
     Russia is WAY more fascist than Ukraine, and yet now we have an extravaganza in Crimea portraying the government in Kiev as 'Nazi'. Russians should be ashamed of this performance. It's sickening. Doll, you find this acceptable???? Yikes! You won't find this kind of propaganda in Kiev against Russia. Ukrainians simply want Russian citizens to stop meddling inside Ukraine and want Ukraine to remain unified. I think that's reasonable. There are basically two types of Russians. 1- those who can see Moscow's manipulations  2- those who are quick to hate and demonize those who are 'separate' from Moscow, in their thinking and actual territory.
     You're wrong, if you see Russians as some sort of superior culture or ethnicity. The Russian culture is no better than the French culture, the German, the Italian, the American, the Polish, etc.   

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
Russian culture is NOT superior to Ukrainian culture. Russians are not superior to Ukrainians.

Offline Misha

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »
Disgusting

Yes, and what is worrisome is that rather than trying to scale back the rhetoric, they are intensifying it to a feverish pitch. This when the Ukrainian Army is gaining even more ground. It makes an all-out war between Russian and Ukraine that much more likely IMVHO as it will make it that harder for Putin to get out of the corner in which he painted himself into and is insisting on adding a second coat just to be sure...

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »
video from Russia: the swastika section:

lordtiberius

« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »

Yes, and what is worrisome is that rather than trying to scale back the rhetoric, they are intensifying it to a feverish pitch. This when the Ukrainian Army is gaining even more ground. It makes an all-out war between Russian and Ukraine that much more likely IMVHO as it will make it that harder for Putin to get out of the corner in which he painted himself into and is insisting on adding a second coat just to be sure...

If he goes to war, doesn't he loose his money train?  European gas consumers?

Offline I/O

« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
I would be highly surprised.

lordtiberius

« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2014, 04:16:17 PM »
80% of the pipelines run through Ukraine and attacking the infrastructure is what you do in war.  It is number 1 or number 2.  So if there is an invasion, that goes bye bye.  Also MH17 did Putin no favors.  Whether you believe as the world does that he is responsible, or whether you cling to your tin foil hat, the fact is Putin got the blame.  Another invasion and  . . . I mean he just gets further isolated

Offline I/O

« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
80% of the pipelines run through Ukraine and attacking the infrastructure is what you do in war.  It is number 1 or number 2.  So if there is an invasion, that goes bye bye.
Quite the opposite. RU isn't about to kill the fatted calf....

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:46 PM »
I think LT means if the Russians are to openly invade, then the Ukrainian army should blow up all the gas pipes.

Offline Misha

« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »

Putin's main concern is holding onto power at all costs IMVHO. However, these things often take on a life of their own. "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." The danger is that Putin may begin to believe the propaganda...

Offline I/O

« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
then the Ukrainian army should blow up all the gas pipes.
Then UA loses out on taxes - either way, the pipes are safe enough.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #620 on: August 10, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »

Of course!
Putin is Ruining Russia, and one major reason I say that is based on how most of the world perceives him. Back when he 'secretly' poured more Russian troops into Crimea, under the guise of 'Protecting Russian-Speakers', I knew the world would see him as a loose cannon, a leader who cannot be trusted. That will affect the Russian economy, which is part of the world economy.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #621 on: August 10, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »
From the former president of Georgia

excerpt:
'..I had 36 meetings with Putin. At almost each one he repeated that Ukraine is not a real state, but a territory. He was absolutely convinced that Ukraine has only 5 million people like Georgia. And the rest are simply an artificial organization of people. Ukrainians, to his mind, live in Ivano-Frankivsk, in Lviv, and in Volyn, and that’s it..'

full article:
http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/08/10/saakashvili-ukraine-will-be-the-end-of-putin/

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #622 on: August 10, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »
From the former president of Georgia

excerpt:
'..I had 36 meetings with Putin. At almost each one he repeated that Ukraine is not a real state, but a territory. He was absolutely convinced that Ukraine has only 5 million people like Georgia. And the rest are simply an artificial organization of people. Ukrainians, to his mind, live in Ivano-Frankivsk, in Lviv, and in Volyn, and that’s it..'

full article:
http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/08/10/saakashvili-ukraine-will-be-the-end-of-putin/

A must read for anyone interested in Ukraine's future....

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #623 on: August 10, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

Putin has already made backup plans with China if that happens. Obama and the EU wants to bring a trade war to a gun fight. I'm not convinced that is going to stop Putin from taking part or all of Ukraine. If he orders a full invasion, he'll still be a millionaire many times over and his people who are backing his actions more than ever will gladly accept the financial burden of sanctions believing it's someone other than Putin's fault. Regardless the events, a few years after it's over, everybody will get back to business as usual.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

« Reply #624 on: August 10, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541448
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1487
Total: 1495

+-Recent Posts

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Yesterday at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Yesterday at 05:12:27 AM