It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

What is your net worth in USD - - - Assets minus liabilities - redu

Less than $10,000
$10,001 to $100,000
100,001 to $300,000
$300,001 to $500,000
$500,001 to $1,000,000
$1,000,001 to $2,000,000
Over $2,000,000

Author Topic: What is your Net Worth in USD - - - Assets minus Liabilities - redu  (Read 15654 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
This same poll was conducted several years back.

Would be interesting to get some updating since we have many new members here in the last several years.

And yes, for heavens sake the voting is anonymous so there is no need for the trite 'none of your business.'

You can only see results after you vote.

I will vote after several others have voted . . . for obvious reasons.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: What is your Net Worth in USD - - - Assets minus Liabilities - redu
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
ML,

is my friend!
I like him very much!
please support his poll!

everything I have stated here
I have stated freely and of my own will
this text has not replaced any previous text

cookie have I now? cookie!!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:59:59 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:23:17 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:42:47 PM »
I cannot vote as minus options are not included ))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
I surprised myself as I probably just get into the $100-300k bracket allowing for conversion to £ at around present rate of $1.30 to the £1.

A lot of this is down to the high property values in the UK. So unless it was a pricey area like LA the same comparable size property would be worth a lot less in the US.

I'm surprised that there are some on this venture where looking at the poll at present they don't really have that much net worth.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 07:25:41 PM »

Is minus not 'Less than $10,000' ?

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:49:58 PM »

I'm surprised that there are some on this venture where looking at the poll at present they don't really have that much net worth.

You have to remember trench that low net worth doesn't necessarily indicate financial instability or being more unsuccessful in this venture. Assets are not particularly important in the big picture.

What's  far more important and what you're probably lacking, is a disposable income. It's no good owing a house if you can't feed your kids or dress your wife in seductive attire  ;)

I think you are grossly underestimating the costs involved in raising children, especially without a wife that's working and trust me her living expenses will be more than yours. Realistically to live comfortably and enjoy life as a one income family,  you need to almost double your current income.

I'm in the low group, but I own a modern 5 bedroom house, 10 minutes from the CBD, that's worth $550k and is half paid off. By the time I own it out right it should be worth $750k+. My car is 15 years old, which some may frown upon, but I'd prefer my 5.7 litre over a modern 4cyl any day.

I'm now in a position that my eldest kids are working, so I have a spare $1k every fortnight to spend or save. I also have a small part time  business that on a good week makes $2k. I still owe 80k on it, which is a line of credit on my house (included in the $265k I still owe in total). It's all profit and gets paid straight on the debt.

So essentially I have no assets ATM, but can free up at least 3k or more  a month to spend on travel etc... and eventually supporting a wife before she starts her career.

Tell me who's in a better position in this venture, you or me?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:30:31 PM by Davo2 »

Online krimster2

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »
Davo2

what you say is correct
up to you to decide if you want kids out of this venture or not...
you can go either way

if I were a 40+ yr old guy with a good disposable income and perhaps even more important and harder to come by, disposable time
I'd spend whatever time I could in Odessa

it'd be simple to get a young 20+ yr old to spend a few weeks with you in a rented apartment near Arcadia
and side trip to either Istanbul or Amsterdam, if she can get an EU Visa
based on what I saw in Amsterdam a few months ago, young Ukrainian girls can get visas to the EU!

if you take a Ukrainian girl to Paris to shop
she will take YOU to some place even better, sweeter... 

all you need to do is to filter out the women who won't accept an "arrangement" vrs ones who will...
my experience has been that most will accept a temporary arrangement
and for me (and my methods) super easy to filter them to get straight to the ones who say "YES"

partly because they think it'll enhance their chances later
but mainly because even a short sip of "le dolce vita" is better than none and they can try for a "moonshot" right after!

but if you want kids, different story, of course

totally recommend Ukrainian peasant stock to graft your own Anglo Saxon genes onto
will make tall blonde children highly developed mentally and physically compared to surrounding average
due to "hybrid vigor"

a mixed blood Ukrainian/Anglo Saxon combination will produce the most beautiful children you can ever imagine
far ahead of either English/English or Ukrainian/Ukrainian counterparts
and their IQ will be 20 points above mean at a minimum

these are my two
much younger than they are today...

AND Please everyone!
If you haven't already done so, please participate in not only my dear friend, but yours as well "ML's" Net Worth Poll
Let's all give him a big hand folks!!!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:08:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline pitbull

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 07:36:08 AM »
Davo2

what you say is correct
up to you to decide if you want kids out of this venture or not...
you can go either way

if I were a 40+ yr old guy with a good disposable income and perhaps even more important and harder to come by, disposable time
I'd spend whatever time I could in Odessa

it'd be simple to get a young 20+ yr old to spend a few weeks with you in a rented apartment near Arcadia
and side trip to either Istanbul or Amsterdam, if she can get an EU Visa
based on what I saw in Amsterdam a few months ago, young Ukrainian girls can get visas to the EU!

if you take a Ukrainian girl to Paris to shop
she will take YOU to some place even better, sweeter... 

all you need to do is to filter out the women who won't accept an "arrangement" vrs ones who will...
my experience has been that most will accept a temporary arrangement
and for me (and my methods) super easy to filter them to get straight to the ones who say "YES"

partly because they think it'll enhance their chances later
but mainly because even a short sip of "le dolce vita" is better than none and they can try for a "moonshot" right after!

but if you want kids, different story, of course

totally recommend Ukrainian peasant stock to graft your own Anglo Saxon genes onto
will make tall blonde children highly developed mentally and physically compared to surrounding average
due to "hybrid vigor"

a mixed blood Ukrainian/Anglo Saxon combination will produce the most beautiful children you can ever imagine
far ahead of either English/English or Ukrainian/Ukrainian counterparts
and their IQ will be 20 points above mean at a minimum

these are my two
much younger than they are today...

AND Please everyone!
If you haven't already done so, please participate in not only my dear friend, but yours as well "ML's" Net Worth Poll
Let's all give him a big hand folks!!!
. Wow - your daughters look exactly like their mother! Do not see an ounce of your Anglo Saxon genes
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »

What's  far more important and what you're probably lacking, is a disposable income.

100%.
Kaplah!

Offline PeterWarrick9

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »
My net worth is about $60K.

I don't care about money though, as long as I have enough to eat...we should share the wealth.

I have about 40 years of work ahead of me...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:48:41 PM by PeterWarrick9 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:30:34 PM »

What's  far more important and what you're probably lacking, is a disposable income. It's no good owing a house if you can't feed your kids or dress your wife in seductive attire  ;)

I think you are grossly underestimating the costs involved in raising children, especially without a wife that's working and trust me her living expenses will be more than yours. Realistically to live comfortably and enjoy life as a one income family,  you need to almost double your current income.

Ideally you're right Davo I need double my income. Over the next few years I think I can increase it but not quite to double. Fortunately in the UK I can get child benefit, etc and health & education costs are generally free at delivery. Owning my own place outright will cut down on costs such as rent or mortgage.Though I am likely to take in debt as I scale up the operation. I think with any savings etc I can make it work though it's not the most ideal situation granted. Depending on how things go it may be handy for the girl to work after she has had kids though if she is adverse to this initially she may come around over time I'm thinking, seems only fair to me that the girl may have to make a small input over time ax she gets more aquainted with the country.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 01:16:30 AM »
Fortunately in the UK I can get child benefit, etc and health & education costs are generally free at delivery.

Not for your new family - it won't ..

It will already cost £200/ year - per person and the plan is to double that - there's another £1000- 2000  up front

http://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
I ran across an interesting article the other day, showing the disparities of wealth between countries.  The average wealth per Ukrainian adult is $1,563 USD.  Considering the number of billionaire oligarchs, the median wealth is probably quite a bit lower.  (Also interesting was that Belarussians were twice as wealthy as Ukrainians in 2000, but now Ukrainians are slightly wealthier, despite Belarus having twice the GDP as Ukraine. Belarus leaders are robbing them blind.)

The wealth disparity between Western nations and Ukraine is eye-opening as to why Ukrainians often view Westerners as walking lottery tickets.

We hear about Ukrainian girls (worth $1500) going for Turkish or Russian men ($19-$20K net worth) but when you compare that to Western men worth $300K-$400K, it really puts things in perspective.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/visualizing-the-huge-disparities-between-peoples-wealth-around-the-world/

Offline PeterWarrick9

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
I ran across an interesting article the other day, showing the disparities of wealth between countries.  The average wealth per Ukrainian adult is $1,563 USD.  Considering the number of billionaire oligarchs, the median wealth is probably quite a bit lower.  (Also interesting was that Belarussians were twice as wealthy as Ukrainians in 2000, but now Ukrainians are slightly wealthier, despite Belarus having twice the GDP as Ukraine. Belarus leaders are robbing them blind.)

The wealth disparity between Western nations and Ukraine is eye-opening as to why Ukrainians often view Westerners as walking lottery tickets.

We hear about Ukrainian girls (worth $1500) going for Turkish or Russian men ($19-$20K net worth) but when you compare that to Western men worth $300K-$400K, it really puts things in perspective.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/visualizing-the-huge-disparities-between-peoples-wealth-around-the-world/

I don't see how that number is true for America. Half of American families make less than $50k a year. Many Americans over age 50 have $0 in retirement savings. If we're talking about net worth, that seems way too high.

I also read that the richest 8 people in the world have as much wealth is the lowest 3.5 billion.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:28:40 PM by PeterWarrick9 »

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »
Average and median are not the same thing.  The ultra high net worth individuals at the top do bring up the average quite a bit.  (I'm guessing the article simply divided national net worth by the number of citizens, to get an estimated net worth per person.)

Average US household income in 2014 was $73K. Median household income for 2016 was $59K.

The median US home value is $220K.  The average 401K is a little over $100K.

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »

...we should share the wealth.

Whose wealth should we share ?

Offline PeterWarrick9

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 07:15:24 AM »

Whoever has much more than they need to live a comfortable life.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 07:19:46 AM »
Quote from: ML on Yesterday at 10:39:54 PM

And what if those persons have worked much harder and longer than those they must share their wealth with?

Offline PeterWarrick9

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
Quote from: ML on Yesterday at 10:39:54 PM

And what if those persons have worked much harder and longer than those they must share their wealth with?

What if they haven't?

Who works harder...the manual labor toiling in extreme heat or the hedge fund manager pushing papers around all day?

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »
What if they haven't?

Who works harder...the manual labor toiling in extreme heat or the hedge fund manager pushing papers around all day?
Who let the commies in?

Online krimster2

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »
from each according to their nobility
to each according to their greed

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »
Admits he is worthless
That's OK...so am I.
My wife has everything.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 04:49:41 PM »

ML, that's the wrong question.  The correct question is, for those who have wealth, how should it be shared.  Make no mistake, anyone with wealth, your wealth will be shared.

Heck, inflation dilutes the value of your savings, so you are sharing your wealth with others even if you do nothing other than stuff your money under your mattress.

A common way wealth gets shared is after someone dies.  It is quite common that kids or grandkids piss away everything they inherited.  Easy come, easy go.  I've heard that in order to preserve wealth in families over multiple generations, you have to invest in gold bullion, fine art, and real estate.

Hopefully, the wealthy will invest their money into productive companies which will hire workers making valuable goods and services.  That's a good way of sharing their wealth.  Everyone benefits that way - a win-win situation.  It's not perfect, but it's peaceful, voluntary, and honest.

First, who gets to be God and determine how much someone needs to be comfortable?

I think you are also forgetting the Pareto distribution, sometimes called the 80/20 Rule.  In any creative domain, 20% of the people are responsible for 80% of the output. 
In economic systems, 20% of the people have 80% of the money.  It doesn't matter what economic system you have, the money always concentrates in the hands of the few.  No one has ever figured out how to fix that (or if it even needs fixed) without completely destroying the economic system.

And the funny thing is, the people at the top are constantly changing.  The 1% doesn't stay the same people all the time.  In the US and Canada, you have a 10% chance of being in the top 1% of income at least 1 year of your life.  You have a 40% chance of being in the top 10%.

What is the incentive to create the next big thing, or be the next Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet (or any billionaire) if they are only allowed to have enough to be comfortable?

There will always be people who are more creative, lucky, entrepreneurial, risk-taking, hard working, smarter, etc. and they will always have more rewards than lazy bums.

The Soviet Union wanted everyone to have enough to be comfortable.  Look how that worked out.

Winston Churchill said that the inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings, and the virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.

In the 20th Century, there were 100 million people who died because of the ideology of Marxism and socialism.
6 million Ukrainians died in the Holodymyr.
Somewhere between 20-50 million died in Stalin's gulags.
Chairman Mao killed somewhere between 50-100 million.
This isn't even looking at all the deaths in WWII.

Offline bellhead

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
Does wealth matter to prospective brides? 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701