It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Altai Krai?  (Read 13074 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Altai Krai?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 03:36:50 PM »
Coldest weather I have been in is 15f. But I still am visiting in late February early March. The disrobing sounds fun. ;)

Where I live, people go out in sweaters at 15F.  At -1C, it's common to see people in t-shirts and shorts here. 

Yesterday, it was -38C here, -45C with a windchill.  Our son walked home from university in this weather, and has shovelled the walks a couple of times, so it's just a matter of being used to it and dressing appropriately. 

What you need to do is buy gloves or mittens with thinsulate, wear a wool toque (hat), and boots with thinsulate.  Take a coat you'd wear in winter where you are and lots of fleecies/sweaters to add if it's cold.  It's usually not your body, but the extremities that need to stay warm.  Further, it's not the cold, but the wind that will make you suffer in cold weather.  I can easily walk for an hour in -20C weather if there's no wind.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Davo

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 04:30:09 PM »

Where I live, people go out in sweaters at 15F.  At -1C, it's common to see people in t-shirts and shorts here. 

Yesterday, it was -38C here, -45C with a windchill.  Our son walked home from university in this weather, and has shovelled the walks a couple of times, so it's just a matter of being used to it and dressing appropriately. 

What you need to do is buy gloves or mittens with thinsulate, wear a wool toque (hat), and boots with thinsulate.  Take a coat you'd wear in winter where you are and lots of fleecies/sweaters to add if it's cold.  It's usually not your body, but the extremities that need to stay warm.  Further, it's not the cold, but the wind that will make you suffer in cold weather.  I can easily walk for an hour in -20C weather if there's no wind.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Mean while I was welding in +45 c in a leather jacket a few weeks ago and shivering in +10 c during winter fully clothed 😆
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:33:51 PM by Davo »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 11:15:50 PM »
I was welding in +45 c in a leather jacket a few weeks ago

I think I know who started the fire. ;)
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2020, 09:36:55 AM »
Just a question. Had a thought this morning, she has two daughters which I am fine with. But one would be considered a adult in the US, 18+, how does the immigration work for the adult daughter. Especially since she lives at home, and the lady has indicated that she would want her to come with her to the US.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
How old is the daughter? A fiance visa allows unmarried children up to the age of 21. But, the child needs to enter the US before she turns 21. So, with a 6-9 month fiance visa process, you'll need to decide to marry each other and file the paperwork shortly within the daughter's 20th birthday.

You cannot do the spouse visa - marry her there or somewhere else overseas and apply for a CR-1/IR-1 visa.  Because that requires you to be married before the daughter turns 18, and then bring her to the US before she turns 21.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 09:48:06 PM »
How old is the daughter?

She turns 20 this year.

Offline GenMish

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 07:20:41 AM »
She turns 20 this year.

My Best Advice? Marry the Daughter

Offline GenMish

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 07:31:50 AM »
Never been to Barnaul but plenty to Novosibirsk and East Kazakhstan oblasts (to the north and south). Don't go in February, there's still a risk of cold snaps where it drops to -30 celsius for a week. March should be ok, April is better because you can hang out at Grelka!

If you have the time fly via Moscow to Barnaul, then take an overnight train to Novosibirsk. A couple of days there before a couple of days in Moscow on the way home. Two weeks would be more than enough to do this. If you only have one week then still spend a few nights in Moscow.

My first trip was in the dead of winter to the Urals. I went because few if any men would be competing to see the same women. OH WOW WAS IT COLD, but I had the undivided attention of the ladies I had arranged to see through the agency.

to add some dark comedy- My plane lands and with the driver is a young lady in beautiful Fur Coat. I was all excited, couldn't  wait to see which lady the agency sent to welcome me. As I got closer, Im like...huh, this lady is shorter and wider than any lady I arranged to meet. It was the agency owners daughter. It took me forever to leave after getting to my apartment

Offline BillyB

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »
She turns 20 this year.

If you start the visa process a year before she turns 21, you should be fine. If for some reason things take longer before you decide on marriage and she'll turn 21 before she'll arrive to America, the other option is mother getting US citizenship and later sponsoring her. Could be a 5 year or longer process.

My Best Advice? Marry the Daughter

I dated one Ukrainian lady in the States. On one date she told me she wished her daughter was with her in America. On another date, she asked if I would consider marrying her daughter. She loved her daughter so much that she'd share her man with her daughter so they can reunite and we'd all be one big happy family.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
. . . the other option is mother getting US citizenship and later sponsoring her. Could be a 5 year or longer process.

Currently there is an 11 waiting period to bring an aged out child to USA.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 09:29:09 PM »
Thank you for the responses. I will need to communicate this to the lady.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »

Here's some info in the below link. She may be able to sponsor the over 21 daughter with a green card instead of waiting for citizenship which would take 5 years.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/filling-out-form-i-130-adult-son-daughter-over-21-us-permanent-resident.html

Another option is get the daughter a tourist visa which is hard to do but if she comes to America on a tourist visa, the mother can begin the paperwork in America and she can legally overstay her tourist visa and quickly get a green card.

Another option is to fall in love quickly, be a hero, and wife will love you long time.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 11:15:19 PM »
I'm wondering what makes people to post wrong info while the official source is available http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-january-2020.html
Btw, maybe daughter will not want to relocate to the US. After almost 6 years I think that my daughter made the right decision about staying in Russia and having her own life. She is working on her PHD in bio without any student loans.
BillyB, I think that bringing daughter on B1/B2 visa is not a good idea. I doubt it will be possible to legally overstay for that type of visa for adult children. The only way to bring them both is to hurry up, marry mother and send all paperwork to USCIS before daughter's 21.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 11:46:36 PM »
The only way to bring them both is to hurry up, marry mother and send all paperwork to USCIS before daughter's 21.

That is best option for the daughter but they haven't even met face to face yet. DCcowboy needs to make sure he's in love with the woman after meeting her. He may need multiple visits to make a decision on marriage. Time may run out. DCcowboy should consider the best option for the daughter but he shouldn't let it pressure him into marrying the mother.

BillyB, I think that bringing daughter on B1/B2 visa is not a good idea. I doubt it will be possible to legally overstay for that type of visa for adult children.

Getting a tourist or any visa to America is difficult but if the daughter is over 21 and she gets a visa to come, she can legally overstay the visa with an AOS(Adjustment of Status). Her mom must be qualified to begin the process. Once the AOS process has begun, a person can legally overstay their visa. The process is long and almost always, people will be overstaying their visa but they won't get deported if authorities check their documents. My wife became an American citizen and did this for her mother while she was here on a tourist visa. Mother now has a green card. I learned this option from others who successfully completed the AOS process themselves.

Here's some information on it. If your daughter ever changes her mind and wants to live here, and if she qualifies for any kind of visa, the fastest way for you to get her a green card is AOS. But if you begin the process, she can't leave America until the process is finished.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/can-overstay-visa-while-waiting-green-card.html

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/what-you-need-file-i-485-adjustment-status.html

Offline whynotme

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:47 AM »

Getting a tourist or any visa to America is difficult but if the daughter is over 21 and she gets a visa to come, she can legally overstay the visa with an AOS(Adjustment of Status). Her mom must be qualified to begin the process. Once the AOS process has begun, a person can legally overstay their visa. The process is long and almost always, people will be overstaying their visa but they won't get deported if authorities check their documents. My wife became an American citizen and did this for her mother while she was here on a tourist visa. Mother now has a green card. I learned this option from others who successfully completed the AOS process themselves.

Here's some information on it. If your daughter ever changes her mind and wants to live here, and if she qualifies for any kind of visa, the fastest way for you to get her a green card is AOS. But if you begin the process, she can't leave America until the process is finished.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/can-overstay-visa-while-waiting-green-card.html

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/what-you-need-file-i-485-adjustment-status.html

"Who Is Eligible to Adjust Status Even After a Visa Overstay?
A few people can adjust status even after their visa has expired, such as those who:

entered the United States legally (after inspection by a border or other immigration official) and are applying as immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen (which means spouse, minor child, or parent if the citizen is over age 21)" <<< that means NO for daughter over 21. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »
"Who Is Eligible to Adjust Status Even After a Visa Overstay?
A few people can adjust status even after their visa has expired, such as those who:

entered the United States legally (after inspection by a border or other immigration official) and are applying as immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen (which means spouse, minor child, or parent if the citizen is over age 21)" <<< that means NO for daughter over 21.

The section you quoted are people who are eligible to AOS AFTER they overstay their visa and it’s expired. More people qualify to AOS while in America legally and visa has not been overstayed.  After beginning AOS process and while waiting for green card, their visa most likely will expire but they can remain in America legally.

If your daughter visits next month, you can begin the green card process right away. Our government won’t make her wait for 10 years. They speed up the process for those currently in America so they can get a job and be productive.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2020, 08:55:54 AM »
The section you quoted are people who are eligible to AOS AFTER they overstay their visa and it’s expired. More people qualify to AOS while in America legally and visa has not been overstayed.  After beginning AOS process and while waiting for green card, their visa most likely will expire but they can remain in America legally.

If your daughter visits next month, you can begin the green card process right away. Our government won’t make her wait for 10 years. They speed up the process for those currently in America so they can get a job and be productive.

You are proposing immigration fraud.  Using a non immigration visa with the intent to immigrate.

Offline ML

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:35 AM »
Here's some info in the below link. She may be able to sponsor the over 21 daughter with a green card instead of waiting for citizenship which would take 5 years.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/filling-out-form-i-130-adult-son-daughter-over-21-us-permanent-resident.html

Billy, you are misreading this.

The process you mention just puts the son/daughter in the queue, and the queue is 11 years long.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2020, 09:27:41 AM »
...Getting a tourist or any visa to America is difficult but if the daughter is over 21 and she gets a visa to come, she can legally overstay the visa with an AOS(Adjustment of Status). Her mom must be qualified to begin the process. Once the AOS process has begun, a person can legally overstay their visa. The process is long and almost always, people will be overstaying their visa but they won't get deported if authorities check their documents. My wife became an American citizen and did this for her mother while she was here on a tourist visa. Mother now has a green card. I learned this option from others who successfully completed the AOS process themselves.,,,

I've seen, and knew of, US citizen petitioning their *visiting* parent/s for green cards while they are *legally inside the US*, but not when they already violated the permitted period. They can lawfully remain inside the US only and as long as the petition is filed, not after.

This applies to immediate families only, though not certain if the beneficiary is/are child/children that are 21 and over. Further, not sure if at this time Trump's policy to curb chain immigration/merit-based immigration have impacted any of this.

Best consult a *qualified* counsel.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:29:44 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2020, 09:39:34 AM »

Billy, after many years, you are still posting incorrect information on this.

Sure after your wife became citizen she did this for her mother . . . because they  both met the criteria.
USA citizen can do this for those who qualify as Immediate Relative.
Immediate relative only:  Spouse, minor child, parent.

Who Is Eligible to Adjust Status Even After a Visa Overstay?

Those who entered the United States legally (after inspection by a border or other immigration official) and are applying as immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen.
In the Immigration system vocabulary, immediate relatives are ONLY spouse, minor child, or parent.

- - - - -

Remember before you kept telling us that your wife could do this for her mother before your wife became a citizen?

I guess you found out otherwise . . . but yet you still post other incorrect info on this . . . in this case you are saying it can be done for children over age 21 . . . which is totally false.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2020, 09:58:01 AM »
I've seen, and knew of, US citizen petitioning their *visiting* parent/s for green cards while they are *legally inside the US*, but not when they already violated the permitted period. They can lawfully remain inside the US only and as long as the petition is filed, not after.

This applies to immediate families only, though not certain if the beneficiary is/are child/children that are 21 and over. Further, not sure if at this time Trump's policy to curb chain immigration/merit-based immigration have impacted any of this.

Best consult a *qualified* counsel.

Certain family members qualify for AOS while in illegal status after overstaying visa.

Billy, you are misreading this.

The process you mention just puts the son/daughter in the queue, and the queue is 11 years long.

It’s 11 years long if the process is started while the child is outside of America. If daughter is inside America, they go to the front of the line and should have their green card in less than a year. The link I provided shows questions of the form used that asks if child is currently living in or outside of America.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2020, 10:01:39 AM »
Billy, after many years, you are still posting incorrect information on this.

Sure after your wife became citizen she did this for her mother . . . because they  both met the criteria.
USA citizen can do this for those who qualify as Immediate Relative.
Immediate relative only:  Spouse, minor child, parent.

Who Is Eligible to Adjust Status Even After a Visa Overstay?

Those who entered the United States legally (after inspection by a border or other immigration official) and are applying as immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen.
In the Immigration system vocabulary, immediate relatives are ONLY spouse, minor child, or parent.

- - - - -

Remember before you kept telling us that your wife could do this for her mother before your wife became a citizen?

I guess you found out otherwise . . . but yet you still post other incorrect info on this . . . in this case you are saying it can be done for children over age 21 . . . which is totally false.

The link I provided was for a green card holder to sponsor their over 21 child living in or outside America for a green card. If you don’t believe it can be done, there are waivers available.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2020, 10:38:58 PM »
You are proposing immigration fraud.  Using a non immigration visa with the intent to immigrate.

There's nothing illegal about the process I just described. As a matter of fact, YOUR government allows it and if you don't like it, register your complaint with them. They understand people want to come here short term and can change their mind into staying long term so our government allowed for a process that can get them a green card without going back home.

There are many non immigrant visas a person can apply for. NONE of those visa make the applicant sign a document stating they will guarantee their return back home and will never change their mind. For a tourist visa one must prove intent to go back home. Provide evidence they have ties back home but that doesn't mean they have to go back home and YOUR government even allows them to AOS for a green card if they qualify.  After reading most of the comments with people thinking it's illegal, can't be done, or is too complicated, it's a good thing. With fewer people using this option our government authorized, it's less likely to get the anti immigration crowd worked up over it. If you ever tell your honey things have to be done the hard way when it comes to sponsoring family, it's illegal, or it can't be done at all, don't show her my posts.

Whynotme, if you can get your daughter here on any kind of visa and if she wants a green card without the 11 year wait, shoot me a message. I'm living in the Seattle area the same as you if I remember correctly so I can even help with the paperwork. I've successfully got a family member a tourist visa after they were denied. I've successfully completed a waiver after a visa was denied. I also helped AOS a family member for a green card while they are on a tourist visa here in America. Everything I've done was blessed by our government. Nothing shady about it.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
From US state.gov site:

Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or fraud, may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry into the United States.

The person committing the visa fraud, once in the US, will not get arrested.  But situations like the one you are suggesting, using a visitor visa with the intention of applying for AOS when in the US, is the reason why people from Russia and Ukraine and other countries are given a hard time getting a tourist visa.

And it's not the wisest to document the intent to commit visa fraud.  Like in a forum post with detailed instructions on how to do it.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2020, 04:07:08 AM »
There's nothing illegal about the process I just described. As a matter of fact, YOUR government allows it and if you don't like it, register your complaint with them. They understand people want to come here short term and can change their mind into staying long term so our government allowed for a process that can get them a green card without going back home.

There are many non immigrant visas a person can apply for. NONE of those visa make the applicant sign a document stating they will guarantee their return back home and will never change their mind. For a tourist visa one must prove intent to go back home. Provide evidence they have ties back home but that doesn't mean they have to go back home and YOUR government even allows them to AOS for a green card if they qualify.  After reading most of the comments with people thinking it's illegal, can't be done, or is too complicated, it's a good thing. With fewer people using this option our government authorized, it's less likely to get the anti immigration crowd worked up over it. If you ever tell your honey things have to be done the hard way when it comes to sponsoring family, it's illegal, or it can't be done at all, don't show her my posts.

Whynotme, if you can get your daughter here on any kind of visa and if she wants a green card without the 11 year wait, shoot me a message. I'm living in the Seattle area the same as you if I remember correctly so I can even help with the paperwork. I've successfully got a family member a tourist visa after they were denied. I've successfully completed a waiver after a visa was denied. I also helped AOS a family member for a green card while they are on a tourist visa here in America. Everything I've done was blessed by our government. Nothing shady about it.
BillyB, thank you for suggestion but me or my husband never had any problems with filing papers. It may help if you are a USCIS employee 😄, but you are not I guess. My daughter spent NY holidays with us in Seattle coming on B1/B2 visa, I'm not sure she wants to move to the US. If she decides to move one day she'll have other legal options (J, H, O visas).
Btw, I posted link to bulletin 2020, where you can see real waiting time which is 6 years for unmarried children over 21 (not 11 as ML thinks).

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1430
Most Online Ever: 12701