It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: children  (Read 224266 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
children
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
That Works, train them to dust mop the floor while you potty train them, LOL. The Japanese never cease to amaze me!!!Very intuitive folks!!!

Thanks Racer. ActuallyI could resize it no problem, but nowhere did anything say it had to be 800 pixels or under or I woulda known & then done it. I just thought perhaps I screwed up something, LOL.

Anyway rush down to your local 7-11 & get your Baby Mop today!!!!:D:D

RVR-Canadian Cowboy/Agency Owner

Yeah - you have to refer to the Administrivia section to find the details - here -- http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/forum1/73.html

- Dan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: children
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2006, 07:38:04 AM »
I made this topic a 'Sticky' as I agree with one of the members who said that it is this sort of topic which illustrates why we are all in the 'game.'

I attended a concert the other day in which the main singer made an appeal - and his basic comment was "It's all about the babies!"

This topic shows quite a number of our "babies" - whether adults or not - and how prominent and important they are in our lives.

In all my travels around the world, the one abiding and universal desire expressed by everyone is - they want to build a world that is better for their children than the one they had.

I hope the members continue to contribute to this topic with photos and stories of their loved ones.

- Dan

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »
Tearaway Toma is now 10 months old. 

She does not need a special suit to polish the hardwood floors.  Just an old pair of dungarees.  It is 20 metres from the front to the back of the house, just a couple of minutes crawl for the rugrat sprinter !

This photo is in the same car seat.  One of the few ways of keeping her still.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2006, 01:26:49 PM »
Ours at 2.5.. I can be stressed out to the max.. ready to explode and a hug from this little fellow cures all..

Offline mischief

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »
I can be stressed out to the max.. ready to explode and a hug from this little fellow cures all..
I can believe that! And this little fellow is sooo cute!

Offline mischief

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »
Tamara is a gorgeous little girl, Leslie!
Here is my funny little guy...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:27:25 PM by mischief »

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
We sure do make good kids here at RWD!  ;D

Here is a pic of Sergei and Ihor (Darryl (Start2) and Valentyna's boy) a couple of weeks ago in Tennessee.

"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »
Oops, the pic didn't post.  ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 07:41:25 PM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »
Mischief,

Daniel has grown !  The second picture is so full of life.

BC,

Kiddy power is amazing!  It is 5.00 am.  Toma is screaming at the top of her lung.  She is impatient and bad tempered - just like her dad who is entertaining thoughts of cooking her!  Then she grins and blows a raspberry at me and I melt....

Ken,

Great photo.  For me growing kids is one of the main reasons for marriage.

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2006, 08:59:01 AM »
Take a look at the photo on the left. This what happens after a few years. The expense of diapers is replaced by prom dresses and 'hey dad, I need a car'. The baby talk is replaced by homework essays on some subject you might remember from years ago, and the 2AM feedings is replaced by where is she it's 1AM? But if you did a good job in parenting, man o man, is it ever worthwhile. I would not have it any other way.

I used to have a T shirt that said in the front "D.A.D. Dads aganist Diapers". In the back it said "It not just a job, it's a doody". LOL.

(note to newer parents..yes, they do grow up VERY quickly. So enjoy every moment) (second note..that smile is from one very proud dad)
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Mamma D

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
My little ones got BIG and the young ones won't stop growing! ;) But we really wouldn't have it any other way....grandkids 11 to 28...oldest two are a Capt in the Air Force (Intelligence) and a 5'2" butt-kicking Marine! Been to Iraq twice, a chest full of medals with purple heart.

I am able to tell all of you, charish every moment, good and bad....they never will come again, and soon that "Baby" will be going out the door with a smile ....waving goodby.

Mamma D
May those that love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,May He turn their ankles,
 So we will know them by their limping.

God put your arm about my shoulder... and your hand over my MOUTH!

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2006, 11:12:46 AM »
Mamma D, I am very curious, are you a Russian woman transplanted to the US? I seem to remember you might have mentioned that your son is involved or married to a Russian Woman. It is refreshing to hear feedback from you because you are female and of a different generation than many of the guys who post here.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »
Mamma D, I am very curious, are you a Russian woman transplanted to the US? I seem to remember you might have mentioned that your son is involved or married to a Russian Woman. It is refreshing to hear feedback from you because you are female and of a different generation than many of the guys who post here.

I'll jump in. Mamma D has been posting for years on the old St. Johns list. She is an AW married to an AM for MANY years - and with a son who married a RW and brought over her son. You will almost NEVER hear her refer to them as anything other than her "daughter" and "grandson." The pride with which she speaks of her family is remarkable - and I have enjoyed Mamma D's perspective and wit for years.

I am very grateful she has elected to offer her perspectives and experience with us here at RWD. She is a gem.

- Dan

Offline Mamma D

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2006, 02:03:57 PM »
Indeed I am an American Women with a husbantd of 57 years....Yea same man.... Ain't he good lookin'?

I have two natural born sons.... and many more "of the heart" and proud of them all! :).

Papa was a career Air Force Sargent.....We moved many times and lived and made friends all over the world. I saw Europe right after the World war II.. bombed and burned.....and the people picking up the pieces of not only their lives, but of their counties too. I felt the pride of an American and volunteered at the childrens Hospital in Manchester.UK

My son has asked if I would like to re-visit. NO way, the people I knew and loved, are all gone now and my memories are in tact. The horror of war and hate, the joy of good friends and seeing them move ahead, they are my reality.

I know, that if we do not find a way to make piece, and insert some tolerance into our lives .... we will only create pain and sorrow.

The young ones... the children that come here and become American Russians ... are the hope of the future in bridging our two cultures and moving toward better thing.

Do not be afraid to love these kids.. and give them the best future you can....This is my message, do not be afraid....

http://www.llerrah.com/dreams.htm

Offline jb

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »
Momma D and I have exchanged a couple of PMs regarding these kids; her "grandkids", and "my kids", I say "my kids" because I couldn't be more proud of them if they were my own. I'm sure she feels the same way.  These young people are as much a part of the family as any blood relative, and we are damned lucky to have them with us.

Offline DonAz

« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »
Ours at 2.5.. I can be stressed out to the max.. ready to explode and a hug from this little fellow cures all..

BC~ when I saw the photos of your son it shocked me. Your son is the spitting image of my older boy when he was a little guy. When my son was little he could get anything from me with his big brown eyes and cherub grin.
I sure do miss not having little ones anymore.

DonAz

Offline Doug S

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
Lana Salem, just turned 18 mos. Mother Olga, 28, from Krivoy Rog Ukraine (just as pretty and just as sweet). Some of the old-timers may recall my series of articles about the pregnancy.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:04:04 PM by Doug S »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2006, 04:03:48 PM »
I sure do miss not having little ones anymore.

DonAz

Uh, Don..... I think there may be something you could do about that.... I mean, if you are REALLY missing them.

Careful though, LP reminds me that he calls them "two-legged tumors".

- Dan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2006, 04:05:04 PM »
Lana Salem, just turned 18 mos. Mother Olga, 28, from Krivoy Rog Ukraine (just as pretty and just as sweet). Some of the old-timers may recall my series of articles about the pregnancy.

Doug,

I missed your posts about Olga's pregancy, but that daughter of yours is truly beautiful.

Must take after your wife.

j/k

- Dan

Offline KenC

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2006, 04:10:46 PM »
Doug,
What a beautiful daughter you have!
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2006, 08:47:44 PM »
Uh, Don..... I think there may be something you could do about that.... I mean, if you are REALLY missing them.

Careful though, LP reminds me that he calls them "two-legged tumors".

- Dan
Teenagers are the punishment for having sex some odd years ago. I’m at that stage.  ;DLooks like I have to get his (my son’s) permission for using MY car.  :-\

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2006, 04:57:34 AM »
Teenagers are the punishment for having sex some odd years ago. I’m at that stage.  ;DLooks like I have to get his (my son’s) permission for using MY car.  :-\

The one I like best is: "Teenagers are the reason why some animals eat their young!"

Doug,

Totally agree with the other thoughts here. That is one heart breaker in the making you have there!

Ken

P. S. Post a link to Olga's business in the Member to Member Exchange or the Top Sites if you haven't already.
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Mamma D

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »
Give them to me at birth, to about seven years old.......What a joy they are  :)
First, sweet bundles to enjoy rocking at nap and bedtime, and then as toddlers... still rocking, adding stories from books and beginning to learn to count, and read small books....taking walks and examining nature, the wonder of flowers and tree bark, and the changing of colors in the fall. Watching Mrs. Robin build her nest, and then watching for signs of the little ones....so many new things... :) introducing music into young lives...watching mamma Squirrel teach her babies to walk a telephone line and get upside down....not once, but twice!

The remorse of sending them off to school... and later when you know you did your job well... let them try their wings, but keep an eye on them....they are not sufficient unto themselves.  :o

Bring them back about 14 and .... what a joy they are... Still learning, with the ability to discuss it, and share what they are learning.!  They are now friends, real individuals that can socialize and enjoy a relationship that is growing and deepening.

Have you ever been to the tide pools with a group of teens? or tried to skate on those new roller blades? wow, what a day that was! Or Square danced with a teen square... and brought home more kids than you took....or come home to an empty fridg.  :-\  Only to find you cupboards bulging and fridge in the same condition the next day. Been invited to dinner and a movie, so they could test their manners before they really went on a date.......

Or hauled Judo kids to tournament over 4 states? What a great bunch they were...Been involved in 4H activities? And swelled with pride from watching those skinny kids bring home ribbons they had earned, and supervised killing jars, because other moms were fearful of the chemicals....and having one kid win a full scholarship for entomology....He took National championship ribbons in Chicago that year.....

I would come in from work to so many suprises... once a full course dinner with candles no less! It seemed in those years kids cycled through my hose at regular intervals....

After my sons left home, one the service and the other away to collage, I still had kids. I knew fist.. who was having a baby, who was getting engaged and usually was first to see the ring....They kept me informed!

And I was a working mom.....who lovevs them all ages....birth to 56 just now!   :kissing: :noidea: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Doug S

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2006, 11:28:34 AM »
Ken, Ken & Dan.

Thanks for the compliments on the kid. It should be no surprise, as that is what Olga's Mom's gypsy palm-reader predicted - "an extremely beautiful leetel geerl that gypsies will try to steal."

Olga thought for sure it would be a boy, and we both dismissed the palm-reader as old Ukrainian Baba caca, but now we are both believers and I've got Mom running company stock names and lotto numbers by her.

I am constantly on guard for the gypsies. And I've thoroughly briefed our Black Lab on gypsies - showed him some National Geographic photos of gypsies and instructed him to get up off his bed and start barking if he sees any wagons pull up to the house, people wearing bright clothes and scarves, Cher, etc.

Moderator Ken, I've put up the GoEastNow links as you suggested, although "member to member exchange" sounds like some kind of scary gay thing. (I have heard rumors to that effect about this web site on other boards.)

Dan, it was a series of 21 articles I wrote about two years ago, before the baby came (when I had more time). Each article was about a page long and dove-tailed into the next one sequentially, telling a story about what its like being married to a young Russian woman from an isolated (still Communist) city in Ukraine. The pregnancy and child are an underlying and constant theme, as are the cultural differences surrounding them and the marriage. I put the articles up on a number of Internet discussion boards and they were pretty popular. I started putting them up on this board right before I left it whenever that was. But only got only maybe two or three of them up here before we ran into a problem. You may recall. I will consider putting them up again if we can prevent that same problem from recurring. Probably best to take that discussion off-line. Write or call if you think there is potential. Maybe I will finish the story. (The articles stopped short of the birth, because the baby actually came before I could finish writing, and after that I did not have a free minute or hand until recently. A lot of people wrote to me asking me to finish the story, but I never got around to it.)

Doug

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:21:43 PM by Doug S »

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »
Moderator Ken

Now there's a new title! Look out you trouble makers... there's a new sheriff in town!  ;D ::) :o

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1952
Total: 1963

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM