It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: PreNups, Trusts, Offshore Accounts & Protecting yourself  (Read 57381 times)

Offline Dave_home

PreNups, Trusts, Offshore Accounts & Protecting yourself
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2005, 05:05:18 PM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
 I would not do it of course  no matter how much I had to protect... due to  my beliefs, but for those that  "Do" want to do a pre-nup, I think you are a good example of a fair way to do it.   good example.    Dave

Offline Bruno

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2005, 11:57:19 PM »
TigerPawe,

In Belgium, when we marry without prenups... we have a standart contract who follow some law...

With these standart contract, in case of divorce, it is 50% for each... but only on what have earn during the periode of marriage...

If before the marriage, you have some capital, a house, a car, ... this stay your propriety in case of divorce... the 50% is only for all is buy of spare during the periode of marriage...

About children, it is a little more difficult... if you have coparental right, you need to pay the half of expense but if you have no visit right, you pay nothing...

All of this is true when you are not guilty of some fault... and in Belgium, extra conjugal relation is not a fault !!! ...

And a little detail : all from the periode of marriage is deal between partner... not only the income but all is need to pay... like tax, leaning, credit card, ...

These system is enough good, the woman cannot take your hard earned money... and if she stay only a short time with you, it is not a lot to share... :-)))))

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2005, 06:09:09 AM »
Bruno,

Ah! If things were just as simple here life wold not be as difficult but they are not, radical judges and blood sucking lawyers can drain the life from a man and destroy his future in a divorce case.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2005, 07:41:40 AM »
Hello all,

This has been fun but we are leaving in a few hours for some much needed time in the central Carribean, we should be back in a few weeks, until then have fun.

Michael, Victoria and baby

Offline 300spartans

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2005, 12:29:16 PM »
 TigerPaws, thankyou for a valuable post. It is easy for some people to be jealous of those that have more money and more sense than they do. The way I see it is this, you have gained nothing by helping but some thanks, and a lot of criticism by one man that thinks true love abounds with FSUW who want to go West. And Donna thinks you are on the nose also. Funny thing is, ask your loving FSUW if you can live with her permanently in the FSU, surprising thing is that going west seems more important than this imaginary true love.

Dave_home, you are naïve, trusting of FSUW, mistrusting of WM who think differently to you, and opinionated. Men with some assets had better listen to TigerPaws and not you, unless they want to end up in divorce court. Why are you so angry and forceful about this and other subjects? Lower your voice, and strengthen you argument. In my opinion, a prenup actually reduces the chances for divorce, as the financial incentive for divorce is not available. A woman will stay living with a wealthy man because he provides her with a very good lifestyle, which ceases if she leaves him. She is limited to seeking only other very rich guys, who probably would not marry a divorcing FSUW if they know what is good for them. I know one such lasting marriage involving a wealthy man and Filipino woman with a prenup. He has a very good life and she will probably never leave him. Her lawyer advised her the contract was not fair to her, she happily signed it anyway.

Dave, do you really know FSUW? Your loving FSUW will clean you out financially even while living together. FSUW can spend and spend again, and will tell you that you don't love them if you slam the wallet shut. Just ask bean about this. If you honestly think that FSUW are as gushy about true love as you are, then think again. FSUW by and large are just as pragmatic and even more ruthless than TigerPaws. They strike without warning when the man least expects it, just like desperate or greedy women from other poor countries. They are often willing to make false DV claims against an innocent man for financial benefit. Think about it, Dave. These women have spent their entire lives living in a rotten and corrupt system where the greedy and dishonest are rewarded, and the honest ground into the dust. Women on marriage agency books have decided which group they belong in.

Dave, don't you know that the Western countries have divorce laws heavily tilted in the favour of women? Even some good, honest WW like to take their husband to the cleaners. Not all, but many. Why do you expect a ruthless and cunning FSUW to behave better than a WW? Donna is honest but she is certainly ruthless. Conscience, empathy and kindness are emotions unknown to some FSU citizens, or more fully, are reserved for close family members and friends. A WM may not meet the strict criteria, even a loving husband.

Typically, the FSUW brings no financial resources to the marriage table whatsoever, and also usually has a low earning power in the West. Yet you say she is giving everything up? She can get on a plane and be back in the FSU in 24 hours. If she is young she brings her youth. The man does not steal this from her, he is only sharing it, especially if she leaves him as soon as she gets her Green card. Why should she get a massive financial payout as well? After all, the true love you talk about should survive for at least a few years AFTER residency is given to the FSUW in her chosen Western country. But rarely does, and neither do many of these marriages to the unlucky mule. Especially for some true love believers, who await unpleasant training in the game of life.

Offline 300spartans

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »

Words of wisdom in this thread from our expert Dave_home:

As for me I would NEVER do any pre-nuptial agreement!

Yes let's all suck the love and trust right out of marriages, every guy should protect every penny against these "evil women" why should any guy "trust any woman"?

It makes me really angry at "those" women, but at the same time I know NOT all women are like that. 

marriage was invented by God, and He designed it NOT to fail. 

Sorry, but marriage IS a religious instition so Yes it is relevant to have God in it! 

hahaha,  that is amusing.... you think I'm (looking for RW)? I'm not,

moderator Dan does and it  is open for all members who want to comment regardless of their beliefs

Goombah,
 Divorce laws are different from state to state, I know in my state of Indiana it is a "no fault" divorce state,  a man could have amassed a huge fortune before a marriage, and if he married a woman and it ended in only 2 years she is only entitled to "half " of the increase of wealth during the 2 year marriage only..... this is without a pre-nup.   Yes that is fair, but some guys live in states where a judge could award half of a man's entire fortune ( or even more)  regardless if he was married to his wife for a year, or 20 years, it's whatever the judge decides.  I won't beat a dead horse here, my opinion is known already, but anyone can see why guys who want to marry in these states where a judge could go crazy in a divorce and award half, or even much more of a man's life's savings! to the departing wife!  it could cause the victum (husband) to consider doing something to the departing wife, or her attorney! :-) or the judge!  Dave
Tiger,
 I think your image on this matter still appears ugly to many of us,
Tiger,
 This seems very fair, and I think it casts you in a much better light. 
 I would not do it of course  no matter how much I had to protect... due to  my beliefs, but for those that  "Do" want to do a pre-nup, I think you are a good example of a fair way to do it.   good example.    Dave

Dave_home.

I have read all your many posts on this thread. You are not seeking a RW at all but you tell other WM how to behave; they must follow your own hypocritical religious values. Moderator Dan should give you a caution at least. Please reread all the advice you wrote and ask yourself if it is truly helpful to even one WM seeking a FSUW? Did you know that an Orthodox Church marriage in Ukraine is not a legal marriage? Did you know that maybe 90% of FSUW are atheists, in spite of their lies to the contrary? (They are very superstitious though, does this count?) How did God design marriage not to fail? Why does it thus fail so often? How did God's marriage plan reach human ears? Was it by making sex very enjoyable, the happily married Charles Darwin would have said so? Lastly do you notice how your posts wander, indicating some sort of confusion on your part?

Offline anono

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2005, 02:34:08 PM »
we really should not pay any attention to unhinged fanatical zeolots who have a very confused thought process and keeps making claims that are outright lies.

i've said it once, i'll say it again: if U/RW knew how unhinged and crazy some of these guys are, they would rethink meeting us. let's hope this clown never goes to ukraine or russia. we'll have a hard time explaining him.

let's just ignore the troll and maybe he'll go away.

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2005, 03:23:38 PM »
[user=150]300spartans[/user] wrote:

Words of wisdom in this thread from our expert Dave_home:

Dave_home.

I have read all your many posts on this thread. You are not seeking a RW at all but you tell other WM how to behave; they must follow your own hypocritical religious values. Moderator Dan should give you a caution at least. Please reread all the advice you wrote and ask yourself if it is truly helpful to even one WM seeking a FSUW?  Lastly do you notice how your posts wander, indicating some sort of confusion on your part?
My , My, My.... I don't think I will address a person here, I agree with Anono,  you must be a troll?  In any case you can state your opinions as we all can here,  as long as you are respectful in doing it.  As for all my posts they are : " OPINIONS!  get that through your head!  NOT advice, and none of my posts have told anyone what to do, or how to behave. I stand by all my posts  as my own opinions. 
 You are right I am NOT seeking a RW, I have one!   Lastly I don't have to defend, or explain any of my posts... if they were not acceptable Moderator Dan would have deleted them.  It is his business, not yours!  If you don't like opinions here then go "Troll some other group!" and leave us alone!  Many guys here don't agree with me and that's ok with me,  we don't all have to agree,  this is a disucssion forum... We discuss topics and opinions will vary so what? You need to mature and keep your flames to yourself. I hope you find a group that likes your personal attacks.  thanks for the insults :-)  Dave

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2005, 03:33:06 PM »
Quote from: anono
I don't know Anono,   He just joined yesterday.... I guess if he "flames" enough people on here  Dan will do something about it?   but just the same I think I'll follow your advice :-)   

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »
[user=150]300spartans[/user] wrote:
 TigerPaws, thankyou for a valuable post. It is easy for some people to be jealous of those that have more money and more sense than they do. The way I see it is this, you have gained nothing by helping but some thanks, and a lot of criticism by one man that thinks true love abounds with FSUW who want to go West. And Donna thinks you are on the nose also. Funny thing is, ask your loving FSUW if you can live with her permanently in the FSU, surprising thing is that going west seems more important than this imaginary true love.

Dave_home, you are naïve, trusting of FSUW, mistrusting of WM who think differently to you, and opinionated. Men with some assets had better listen to TigerPaws and not you, unless they want to end up in divorce court. Why are you so angry and forceful about this and other subjects? Lower your voice, and strengthen you argument. In my opinion, a prenup actually reduces the chances for divorce, as the financial incentive for divorce is not available. A woman will stay living with a wealthy man because he provides her with a very good lifestyle, which ceases if she leaves him. She is limited to seeking only other very rich guys, who probably would not marry a divorcing FSUW if they know what is good for them. I know one such lasting marriage involving a wealthy man and Filipino woman with a prenup. He has a very good life and she will probably never leave him. Her lawyer advised her the contract was not fair to her, she happily signed it anyway.

Dave, do you really know FSUW? Your loving FSUW will clean you out financially even while living together. FSUW can spend and spend again, and will tell you that you don't love them if you slam the wallet shut. Just ask bean about this. If you honestly think that FSUW are as gushy about true love as you are, then think again. FSUW by and large are just as pragmatic and even more ruthless than TigerPaws. They strike without warning when the man least expects it, just like desperate or greedy women from other poor countries. They are often willing to make false DV claims against an innocent man for financial benefit. Think about it, Dave. These women have spent their entire lives living in a rotten and corrupt system where the greedy and dishonest are rewarded, and the honest ground into the dust. Women on marriage agency books have decided which group they belong in.

Dave, don't you know that the Western countries have divorce laws heavily tilted in the favour of women? Even some good, honest WW like to take their husband to the cleaners. Not all, but many. Why do you expect a ruthless and cunning FSUW to behave better than a WW? Donna is honest but she is certainly ruthless. Conscience, empathy and kindness are emotions unknown to some FSU citizens, or more fully, are reserved for close family members and friends. A WM may not meet the strict criteria, even a loving husband.

Typically, the FSUW brings no financial resources to the marriage table whatsoever, and also usually has a low earning power in the West. Yet you say she is giving everything up? She can get on a plane and be back in the FSU in 24 hours. If she is young she brings her youth. The man does not steal this from her, he is only sharing it, especially if she leaves him as soon as she gets her Green card. Why should she get a massive financial payout as well? After all, the true love you talk about should survive for at least a few years AFTER residency is given to the FSUW in her chosen Western country. But rarely does, and neither do many of these marriages to the unlucky mule. Especially for some true love believers, who await unpleasant training in the game of life.
Hahaha, and you scoffed that "I" was the expert?  clearly it must be you?  Wow,  surely all this wisdom of yours is published? if not, maybe your publisher won't like you giving a free sneak peak on this forum?  I bet guys have been waiting for you to come out with this definetive work on FSUW? Ok I won;'t keep you ... I know you must be busy, talk shows, meetings, lectures, movie rights... I'm just glad you could take a moment to advise all of us :-) thanks! 

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2005, 05:31:35 AM »
Dave_home,

How about answering the post instead of attcking the writer?

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jb

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2005, 06:16:58 AM »
After reading this thread all I can say is; thank God for the concept of "freedom of speech", for it allows me more easily to identify the idiots.

Offline anono

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2005, 08:02:24 AM »
people can think whatever they want. what i have a problem with is when someone states something as fact when it is not. darwin never renounced his beliefs, his daughter was there when he died. read jack's response about darwin. i am going to believe what his daughter said over a religious zealot who had other motives to distort the truth.

but, believe in voodoo dolls if you want. just don't go around blathering lies as if they are facts.

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2005, 02:16:16 PM »
Quote from: KenC
 What post?  His was NOt a post, but an attack on me... is it fair he attack me and I must NOT defend myself?  I didn't have anything to answer for, my posts this guy quoted still stand  as I wrote them,  they are my opinions,  and I as with everyone else on here have a right to express them, and NOT be flamed for them!  I like your posts, but you are wrong to support someone who flames another just because they don't agree with the opinions expressed.  Dave

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2005, 02:25:40 PM »
Quote from: anono
  You are free to believe whatever you want, and guess what?  I won't flame you for it.  I will show you the respect that you refuse to give to me.   You just have a different opinion than I do, and that's ok with me, ..... but what I don;'t think should be permitted is for you to call me names.... why should you disrespect me like this?  what I said, I believe to be the truth, and I have reference material I drew on for it,  it was not my idea, but a revisionists account of the last days of Darwin.   I am NOT a religious zealot,  YOU are a very offensive man!  what gives you the right to offend people on here? Dave

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2005, 07:10:24 AM »
Gosh, chill out guys.   This is about helping each other.  Lets get back on track.

First off, I never talk about religion but for those who are really anti religious I suggest you donate all your money to a good cause like me cause it has "In God we trust" printed on it, so if that is offensive I will send you my address and you can send me your money.  

That said,  I agree this topic is about prenups and not religion and although some people feel a need to talk about religion others feel it is a personal issue and don't want to talk about it.   I suggest we stay off the religion here and just start another topic about religion in marriage and divorce and all who want can chat their little fingers off.

Next,  I always said I would never marry an FSU without a prenup.  Now that I find myself just starting the process I could not care less.   I am so smitten with my gal that my feelings are that if I loose her I HAVE lost everything.   I don't even plan on bringing the subject up.   Perhaps I will be hear a few years from now posting about how stupid that was.    I don't have as much to loose as Tiger Paws.  I am not worth much more that 2 or 3 million.  

It doesn't seem fair anyway that some pretty sweet FSU gal should have to put a whole lifetime into aquiring wealth just because I had to.  

I would suggest to Tiger Paws that he stays to his offshore accounts, even though it is a tactic many of us would not consider for a minute.  My reason for feeling this is that I think if even a medeocre Attorney gets ahold of his Prenup they will rip you a new you know what.  

Just for the record for anyone contemplating a prenup, you need to make sure it is fair.  (Tiger Paws prenup does not sound fair based on his statements about his wealth)   I think a lawyer would get that thrown out in no time under the circumstances.   Frankly I would not waste the money on a saftey depost box rent to store that one in.  

They can get you on a lot of points.  Your bride needs to have her own attorney.   Here is a point where some of you may get caught.  Her attorney needs to be from Russia or Ukraine or Kazakastan our whatever country she is from and needs to be fluent in her native language.    You "might"  get by with a Russian Lawyer for a Ukrainian woman but that is about as far as you can stretch it, and you might not just as well.

I have to say it is a bit sad that we have a woman who gives up her country, her family, her friends, all her personal stuff except what she can bring in a couple of suitcases and comes to a society where she may not speak the language, may not have the training for a good job, may not have an easy time making friends, may not be able to find the foods she is used to.  She is in a totally different world and did this all for us, and WE NEED TO FIND WAYS TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM HER .    Sad in a way isn't it.  But, yes, that is the truth I guess. 

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
Prenuptual agreement?

No!   It tells her: 'I'm not sure I can trust you.'
On the other hand, if I had millions in assets,
I'd try to shelter it in covert ways in advance. But no, I could not
look her in the eye and ask her to sign a prenup. -doug L.

Offline anono

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »
I am not worth much more that 2 or 3 million.

Dang! i'm worth about 2 or 3 thousand! i guess i do not have anything to worry about.

:shock:

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2005, 07:25:05 AM »
Yes but I am a piker compared to Tiger Paws.   The good side of that is I don't have to worry about keeping track of all the offsure accounts.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2005, 09:41:02 AM »
Turboguy - Do not worry about losing her.  I believe if you bring up the subject of a marriage contract she will be very willing to talk about it.  Marriage contracts are, from what I understand, common in the FSU.  I think bringing up marriage contracts with your girl when you are in Russia or Ukraine etc. lets them know you are serious about fulfilling your responsibilities as a husband and will be taken as a positive on her part. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2005, 10:04:13 AM »
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate that advice.  I will see how things go.   My honest feelings are that I trust this gal enough that as stupid as I is I just can not see her running off or me ever letting her out of my life.   I think what you say makes sense though.   I know if it came to a choice I would take her over the pre-nup

Offline jb

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
jb is not sure he believes 99% of what he reads on internet fourms regarding how good looking, how much younger looking, how wealthy, how big and fancy his house is, how many BMWs are in the garage, or other crap any man writes here, or there, or elsewhere.  I've learned to take most of what I read here with a large grain of salt.

If a guy is so well off he needs to worry about the items listed in this thread, he is in the wrong game to begin with.  Believe me, in six months time he will be back asking dumb questions about the cost of flats in some Ukraine city as if he's on a budget now.

Sorry, it's all boolsheet to me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 03:05:00 PM by jb »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2005, 08:03:18 AM »
I can tell you this much JB, The ladies I meet in the USA sure are ugly.  You can believe that one for sure.   I am sure there is a lot of BS here.  I am sure too that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.    When you care about someone they are better looking to you than they might be to someone else. 

I have a friend that I was in Ukraine with who likes much younger women.  Actually he is 62 and likes 19 year olds.   He has a portfolio with him that shows his mansion, the servants quarters, his stables, his plane or planes, his boat his antique car collection and yes he finds some 19 year olds.   I have to wonder what they are going to love him or his mansion etc.   I see a lot of guys that try to impress ladies with what they have. 

I can recall one of the prettiest gals that I was writing right before finding my gal was one who wrote back and said one of the things she liked best about me was that I did not say a thing about how much money I had or what a big fancy house I had etc.   I think it helps some guys to brag sometimes and sometimes not.  Actually I drive a beat up old (just a little old) pick up and live an a house that I would rather not show photos of for fear of scaring off the gals.    Yes, there is some BS here I am sure but for the most part people are wanting to help and to learn and you need to be a little honest to do that.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2005, 11:21:04 AM »
In my previous letter to Galina, i have ask her what she think about my financial situation ( i am not rich, no car, i have not a own home, ... )... her reply :

" I am not going to live off someone and if I shall want that at me in a purse were found money, I simply shall go to work. And in general why you have solved, what the high standard of living is necessary for me? Yes, I do not deny, there is at me such feature as ambition, but up to reasonable limits and on the first place at me always family and children. I do not know, where I have more than prospects in my country or in Belgium, but the smart private residence and the personal automobile is not necessary for me, my priorities are a happy family and cheerful children's laughter in cosy let and not the big house... For me the most important, that at us with you identical sights at family and at a life, that we want and we try to make each other happy."

GUY'S, I LIKE HER MORE AND MORE... not all RW with your money... some wish your body but almost all wish only your heart...

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
I told my wife very little..

When I proposed I told her I was not rich and could promise nothing more than a roof over our heads and a table full of food.  

In any case I think you could carry her over the threshold of a mansion and she would not bat an eye.  Expect a RW to show excitement for luxury and you will likely be disappointed.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1847
Most Online Ever: 12701