It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Arrival at LAX Nov 2014  (Read 86396 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Arrival at LAX Nov 2014
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »
Congratulations!!!

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Green Cards Celebration
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
Finally after nearly 3 years, wife and 6 year old daughter received their "Green Cards" in today's mail.  Time for celebration in the Wilson home.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Re: Green Cards Celebration
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »
Finally after nearly 3 years, wife and 6 year old daughter received their "Green Cards" in today's mail.  Time for celebration in the Wilson home.

Grats on getting the green cards!!!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2015, 06:55:31 AM »
This is great news! Congratulations all around.

HDL

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »
Hey, nice to hear Doug! Congratulations to you and the family!!!  :thumbsup:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »
Congratulations!  :clapping:

But why are they called "green" cards when they're not????

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »

Sort of green
            Incredibly, this woman is 95 years old 

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline southernX

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
another good news story  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

congrats to you all doug , they will feel much more secure now with this news

best wishes to you all

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »

Sort of green
            Incredibly, this woman is 95 years old 

Wow!  Botox???  ;D

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
CONGRATS!!! I love good news!

Offline calmissile

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
Thanks for all the congrats comments.

A couple things to pass on to newbies.  My wife has found and made friends with many women from the UA that live in our area.  It allows them to feel an attachment to their homeland and reduces or eliminates homesickness or the feeling of being isolated in a strange land.

Skype is a necessity!  Larissa is constantly on Skype to chat with her mother and son still in Kiev.  Our daughter gets to chat with grandma all the time also.  It helps keep the connection as well as the family learning about daily life in our USA household.

Our neighbors are extremely supportive.  On Friday night they threw a dinner party to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and the receipt of their green cards.  One neighbor is from Hungary and we exchanged a lot of info about the cultures of Hungary and UA. Some of the neighbors are crazy about Larissa's borscht but the host would not allow her to bring it to the party even though her husband objected.

It all worked out very well, everyone decided that Larissa could make borscht on Saturday and we would all get together on Sunday afternoon at our house for a borscht feast.  It had no idea that so many people are fond of it.  There were about 20 people at the house party on Friday, so today we went out and bought more bowls and soup spoons.  ;D

I learned by accident that borscht is much better the second day after it is made.  I learned this by having to eat it until it was gone which generally took several days.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
Thank you Doug for your kind letters, and for a new kid on the block, it is much appreciated.  Plan to do a TR when I get back from my first adventure in Ukraine, and hope that I am half as lucky as you.

Of course, I have a couple years on you, and my lady has several on Larisa, but really believe that Irene (Irina) and I will begetting together in a few months with her K1 visa.  Just wish she lived in Kiev, a lot easier to spell and pronounce than Dnepropetrovs'k! :rolleyes:

Beautiful family, and that Lisa is precious!  If you get a chance to get through Hesperia, would sure like to see you all here!!!
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline calmissile

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2015, 03:55:13 PM »
OK John, shoot me your phone number in a PM and if we get up that way we will stop in.  Would be nice to do so after your lady arrives.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline calmissile

A laugh every day
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2015, 04:06:14 PM »
I have to say that since my wife and step-daughter have arrived, they keep me in stitches on a regular basis.

Unknown to me, Larissa was making dough for pizza in the bread maker.  She came into the lab and asked my about a little blender we bought that no longer worked.  I was busy but told her to get ready and we would go to the store and buy another one.  After we got home, she came into the lab laughing.  She said that she forgot about the pizza dough she was making and while we were out she inadvertently has now made a loaf of bread. 

While we were out our precious little 6 year old pulled the daddy's little girl trick as usual.  "Daddy, I have done everything that mama has asked me to do all week and also clean up my room like you asked me."   "Since I have been so good, can we go to the toy store while we are out?"   Yep, you guessed it, another $40 for some kind of cat toy that talks and has eyes that light up.  It's no wonder so much money is spent on kids toy advertising on TV. :D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
I love your stories!

Offline BillyB

Re: A laugh every day
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
While we were out our precious little 6 year old pulled the daddy's little girl trick as usual.  "Daddy, I have done everything that mama has asked me to do all week and also clean up my room like you asked me."   "Since I have been so good, can we go to the toy store while we are out?"   Yep, you guessed it, another $40 for some kind of cat toy that talks and has eyes that light up.  It's no wonder so much money is spent on kids toy advertising on TV. :D

Doug, you need some adult tricks to counter kid's tricks. Next time you tell your daughter when she wants a reward "You can have anything in the store this $10 will buy you." Then hand over the $10. I did that with my sons. They were still happy and it turned them into smart shoppers.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline calmissile

Re: A laugh every day
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »

Doug, you need some adult tricks to counter kid's tricks. Next time you tell your daughter when she wants a reward "You can have anything in the store this $10 will buy you." Then hand over the $10. I did that with my sons. They were still happy and it turned them into smart shoppers.

Thanks Billy.  I will try that.......again.  Last time she wanted something more expensive and wanted us to drive back home and get the money she saved from the tooth fairy.  LOL   

It's really hard to say no to a perfect angel.  She is completely fluent in English in just a few months, gets perfect scores on her school assignments and is the most affectionate, loving kid I have ever seen.  The credit of course, goes to her fantastic mother.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:56 AM »
Many congratulations to you and your family!
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline calmissile

« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
Marriage to a FSU is always interesting.  You never know what to expect next.    ;D

Larissa decided that I need to grow hair on my balding head.  I put her off for a long time and finally I gave in when she said all I have to do is sit quietly while she applied her secret formula.  Allegedly, her magic grew hair on her balding brother and her fathers head.

"OK dear, just as long as I can watch the news while you are doing your magic".  So into my lab comes my wife with a bowl of something that looks like honey-mustard but does not smell too bad.  After a few minutes I have what looks like a mud pack on my head.  She said it will grow new hair within 2-3 months.  I am not going to hold my breath, but due to her great sense of humor I will let her experiment.

Part of the fun is waiting to see what the next surprise is going to be.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Gator

« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:45 AM »
Good to read that married life has progressed well. 

You are correct to not dismiss her medicinal magic.  You do realize that when your hair does not rejuvenate, it will be your fault and scientific explanations will be deemed  meritless. 

Offline Muzh

« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:01 AM »
Marriage to a FSU is always interesting.  You never know what to expect next.    ;D

Larissa decided that I need to grow hair on my balding head.  I put her off for a long time and finally I gave in when she said all I have to do is sit quietly while she applied her secret formula.  Allegedly, her magic grew hair on her balding brother and her fathers head.

"OK dear, just as long as I can watch the news while you are doing your magic".  So into my lab comes my wife with a bowl of something that looks like honey-mustard but does not smell too bad.  After a few minutes I have what looks like a mud pack on my head.  She said it will grow new hair within 2-3 months.  I am not going to hold my breath, but due to her great sense of humor I will let her experiment.

Part of the fun is waiting to see what the next surprise is going to be.

Before the comb-over, shave your head.

My Ranger son said I looked like a mean Mo-Fo. ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »

Before the comb-over, shave your head.

My Ranger son said I looked like a mean Mo-Fo. ;)

Maybe Trump should do this. 

Get ready for Halloween when many are planning to wear Trump hair.   Then there is this:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKfaYXjUAAEV9gI.jpg

Offline BillyB

« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2015, 08:27:48 PM »
I will let her experiment.

At a minimum, you will get some nice scalp massages out of it. Make sure to tell her to rub it in hard and deep. If you do grow hair in 2-3 months, post photo evidence and we'll talk about bottling that secret formula to make millions and work on getting me a full head of hair but then I'll miss the times when a woman runs her fingers through my hair and bald spot.

Offline ML

« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2015, 08:32:46 PM »
It's no secret. 

Everyone knows if you capture a significant quantity of dew from roses, and rub it on your scalp, that hair will grow there.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »
I finally found time to take Larissa and Lisa to the beach.  It had been years since I had been there, but decided on Redondo Beach since I used to live there.  It was a great outing.  Larissa prepared the picnic lunch and Lisa had her nose glued to the window the whole trip.

It was a fun outing and I am glad I finally took the time to have a family outing.  Lisa has swam in our pool all summer and is a great little swimmer.  I was much less worried about her than I otherwise would have been.   Of course mama and papa were at her side.

Doug (Calmissile)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1966
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM