It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My experience with Elena's Models  (Read 11553 times)

Offline treddie

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My experience with Elena's Models
« on: January 04, 2020, 03:09:42 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to try and share some of my experience, so far.

After not having luck meeting the right person in my area, I decided to try broadening my search. I tried some online dating sites and eventually landed on Elena's Models (EM). That one seemed good, for me. When reading about Russian culture, I also appreciated the idea of a strong focus on family. I've dated women from other countries (and in other countries), so I had some idea of the difficulties that creates. I did some reading here and tried to keep in mind the good advice and tips from this site.

I found a girl on EM that I thought seemed like a really good match. It took me a little time but I got my Russian visa and went to see her. We had fun together and it was a great experience but something never clicked between us. Later, she explained that she thought I was "just visiting" and not there to date her. That was disappointing but it was a good learning experience and helped me to consider how to be better in my communication. After talking with her, I felt that she wasn't really ready for the serious relationship I was looking for and decided to move on.

I persisted and pursued. I had some ups and downs. It was frustrating at times but I also met some really nice women. Then I met the one that I believe is right for me. We talked, did video chats and finally met. Everything felt right, so after having my EM account for about 18 months, I removed it. We've spent time together in her city and last time I visited, we went and stayed with her parents, as well. She's visited me in the US and all our time together has been wonderful.

In my mind, the next step is pretty clear. I would like us to be together, every day.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:14:14 AM by treddie »

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: My experience with Elena's Models
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:06:29 AM »
Hello,
I’m interested in knowing the steps you took for a successful tourist visa for her to visit you. It seems it’s virtually impossible for most FSU women to visit countries like the US and Australia on a tourist visa, without being engaged or married. I’ve already had one rejected attempt. Has she visited the US before she come to meet you?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »
Excellent news! Congratulations!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:46:11 AM »
Hello,
I’m interested in knowing the steps you took for a successful tourist visa for her to visit you. It seems it’s virtually impossible for most FSU women to visit countries like the US and Australia on a tourist visa, without being engaged or married. I’ve already had one rejected attempt. Has she visited the US before she come to meet you?

I understand it's tightened up recently in the last few years but, it's still a lot more lax than it use to be. We've had 2 visitors at separate times in the last couple of years that applied for a 3 year visitors and was granted on the first try. Neither had been to the US before. Both single females

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »

Then I met the one that I believe is right for me. We talked, did video chats and finally met. Everything felt right, so after having my EM account for about 18 months, I removed it. We've spent time together in her city and last time I visited, we went and stayed with her parents, as well. She's visited me in the US and all our time together has been wonderful.

In my mind, the next step is pretty clear. I would like us to be together, every day.

Congratulations!  RW are wonderful! 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »

That's great, congratulations!

Now the hard part starts. It's still fun (most of the time). 
You have about a thousand things to do. I could make a
partial list if you want one.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 01:30:24 PM »
Hello,

I've done it. I had to deposit a goodly sum on money in Angel Eyes account and
I got her and her daughter Smileygirl a Schengen visa first. Then Angel Eyes and
Smiley Girl traveled to Spain and returned to Russia. They got valuable stamps in
their passports showing that they could be trusted to go back home.

Then I deposited a goodly sum into her account and she applied for a US Tourist
visa with a travel agency that did this all the time. NOTE: she left her daughter at
home for the first US visa. She traveled to see me and we had more fun and love
and excitement than you can imagine and she went back home. 

Now we applied for a multi entry tourist visa for Angel Eyes and Smiley girl. It
went through like a charm. I have zero experience with Australia and they have
their own rules as I'm sure you know, but I imagine they would look at it in a
similar way, with the visa's, the return stamps and travel history.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline treddie

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
Hello,

Yes, she has a friend here who is married to a US citizen. As I recall, they helped her get the visa. Lucky for me, I didn't have to do anything.

I understand it's tightened up recently in the last few years but, it's still a lot more lax than it use to be. We've had 2 visitors at separate times in the last couple of years that applied for a 3 year visitors and was granted on the first try. Neither had been to the US before. Both single females

I will mention that this was also the impression I got when I applied for my visa. They advised me to get a three-year visa because both countries are trying to make that the standard and make it reasonably straightforward for someone on either side to get.

Offline treddie

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
Excellent news! Congratulations!

Congratulations!  RW are wonderful! 

That's great, congratulations!

Now the hard part starts. It's still fun (most of the time). 
You have about a thousand things to do. I could make a
partial list if you want one.

Udachi!

Bill

Thanks, everyone!

I'd be happy to have your list, Bill. I have my own ideas but advice is welcome :)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to try and share some of my experience, so far.

She's visited me in the US and all our time together has been wonderful.

:welcome:

And Congratulations and good luck to you ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 05:00:50 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

I'd be happy to have your list, Bill. I have my own ideas but advice is welcome :)

Get her Diploma translated and apostilled
Get her driving lessons
English classes if needed
Buy a new mattress, leave it in the box until AFTER she arrives.
She probably need a phone with your carrier
If she has a child they will need English lessons and their report
cards translated.
Buy a new hard drive for your computer, because there is a chance
that you have photos from a previous women on your old hard drive.
Unless a woman is your sister, daughter, mother or older than 80 then
you shouldn't gave a photo of her.

Find your local community college and get the next semesters offering
for English and other classes.

I advise putting her in charge of buying your wedding rings in the FSU.
Locate any and all your paperwork. Divorce decree, official birth certificate

Angel Eyes just arrived and has something for me to do. I will come back
later. . . . . . 
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 05:19:57 PM »
Best wishes to the two of you.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Omega82

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »
Get her driving lessons
cards translated.

later. . . . . .

Come on Bill, no harm in having photos of a nice looking 70 year old.  Would she be jealous of Christy Brinkley? 

Offline rwd123

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »
Get her driving lessons
cards translated.

later. . . . . .
Assuming she is moving to USA and you are not moving to Russia:

As per Davo's story - if she has kids you better have things sorted out with the ex or it will either turn into a series of headaches or brick wall. Any documentation advice is essentially same for kids.

• Buy a new folder to store all important documents
  • Get her birth certificate translated and apostilled (and other important documents like military service, academic transcripts, etc.)
  • Get certified/notarized copies of her passport information page and any notable visas (i.e. previous US visas)
  • Do the same for her parents
  • I'd extend the last point by saying that any documentation her parents would require for migration, have at minimum a copy of all necessary documents (notarised/apostilled copies probably not necessary at this point); this can be statements of military service, property ownership, marriage certificates, registration, academic qualifications, etc.
  • Double-check that transliteration of her name on documents are always the same (authorities can screw this up!)
  • Have all your original documents filed with certified copies (same with her)
  • Get her to sort out her pension account as it may be transferable to the USA
  • Sort out banking in Russia - things like account fees, when non-active accounts are closed, etc.
  • Sort out SIM card in Russia - keep her number so it doesn't expire, so know how to buy credit/extend use; it can be linked to online banking so a real pain if it expires
  • If appropriate, get her to provide power of attorney to her parent(s) in Russia
  • If engaged, agree to location for legal ceremony for marriage; you can host receptions in both countries but want one legal marriage certificate
  • Make sure comms with her parents are seamless - buy them phones or a computer in Russia if necessary
  • If she owns real estate in Russia, sort out arrangements for management or sale
  • Confirm exit requirements for Russian citizens (do they need to register as a foreign resident? I don't know)
  • Work out what personal property she wants to bring to USA and look at relocation experts
  • Buy a bunch of Russian DVDs on your next trip to bring back (yes you can stream/download but get her favourite movies so she can watch any time; even better if with English sub-titles)
  • Sames goes for books if she likes reading
  • Know her clothing size (dress size, shoe size, bra size, etc.) and taste in fashion; make sure you don't mix up US and European sizes
  • Determine if she needs dental work done, and decide on whether to do in Russia or in USA (as a side note, if you are planning pregnancy it is advisable to ensure she has no oral infections before conception)
  • Start identifying Russian expat communities in your area, or people she can network with
  • If her English is of an excellent standard, identify opportunities for formal certification as a translator and/or interpretor
  • Work out low season/best time of year for flights between your city and her city, and the best carriers
  • Obtain a multi-entry Russian visa, probably a 1 year business visa to begin with (so you can return to Russia at short notice if necessary)
  • Start putting money aside specifically for a) weddings, b) relocation, c) parental expenses (medical, visits to USA, renovations, etc.), and d) contingency for unplanned expenses. When you marry a Russian woman the family comes "for free" but they're not cheap!
  • Either before or after engagement, put together a list of topics such as banking, mortgages, family planning, household responsibilities, etc. so that you have common understanding and agreement on family decisions.
  • Consider formal or informal legal advice on how to protect yourself if things go sour - yes, this may be a life-long love but it's not always the case, and it may be due diligence just to know how to make a "clean exit" if necessary, particularly if you own/run a business (I don't advise prenups)
  • Remember to have fun and don't over-burden yourself - sufficient time and energy for the two of you
  • Clean your bathroom :-)
  • Ask Bill to finish his list.

And as always - learn some Russian!

Edit: one other thing to buy on your next trip to bring back - local delicacies. Even though local chocolates/candies may not be of high quality she may like the taste... other things like tinned caviar, jams, and so forth that you can't get locally and have a decent shelf life. The trip before last to Kyiv I bought several pounds of sirok (творожный сырок) as it's hard to buy local and there isn't the same range to pick from.

It's probably worth knowing the stuff she likes to eat and knowing what is available locally - simple stuff like buckwheat, tvorok, pelmeni, etc.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:04:06 PM by rwd123 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 11:58:57 PM »
Great points..rwd123

re 15:

On achieving residency in another country or a second citizenship, RU citizens must report this within (60?) days of entering Russia to the FMS on the next visit .. risking a fine ..for non compliance..

"On 4 August 2014 Federal Law No. 142-FZ “On Amendments to Articles 6 and 30 of the Federal Law ‘On Russian Citizenship’ and Separate Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation” (hereinafter, “the Law”) entered into force.

The Law requires all Russian citizens who are also citizens of a foreign country or have a permanent residence permit of a foreign country (or other valid document confirming their right to permanently reside in a foreign country) – hereinafter, “Holders” – to provide such notification to the Russian immigration authorities, with the exception of the following categories:

Holders residing outside Russia on a permanent basis;
Cases covered by relevant international agreements (for example, agreements on the resolution of issues of dual nationality).
Information Requirements of the Notification Form and the Submission Process
The Notification forms can be found at: 

http://www.fms.gov.ru/russian_national/inoe_grazhdanstvo/; and/or
at local offices of the Russian immigration authority; and/or
at Russian post offices.
The form requires the disclosure of the Holder’s personal data and details about the foreign citizenship/foreign residence permit.  The Notification should be submitted together with documents that substantiate the reported information, in other words, a copy of the individual’s Russian civil passport and a copy of a foreign passport/permanent residence permit (legal replacement).

A separate Notification should be submitted for each additional citizenship/residence permit.     

The Notification should be submitted to the local office of the Federal Migration Service (FMS) according to the individual’s permanent residence address, or temporary residence address, or the address of temporary stay in Russia.  Alternatively, the Notification may be submitted by Russian mail/post to the relevant local office address of the FMS.  Both options require the Holder’s presence in Russia for the submission process.  (This means that the Holder should physically go to his or her local FMS office or the Russian post office and deliver the Notification.  The Holder cannot send the Notification while outside of Russia, or rely on a power of attorney.)

The Notification should be submitted within 60 days of the emergence of the obligation – in other words, as soon as the person learns that he or she is a Russian citizen who is also a citizen or permanent resident of a foreign country.  In respect of existing individual Holders as at 4 August 2014, this 60-day period should be counted from this date.  In respect of Russian citizens, who obtain foreign citizenship or a foreign residence permit after 4 August 2014, the 60-day period starts from the date when the individual actually obtains his or her foreign citizenship/residence permit in the other country.

In the case of Crimea, these requirements will apply from 1 January 2016 to Russian citizens who acquire Russian citizenship following Crimea’s accession to the Russian Federation.

Penalties for Violations of the Notification Rules
Failure to provide notification could result in criminal liability in the form of a penalty (up to RUB 200,000 or annual salary (other income) of the convicted individual) or compulsory community service for up to 400 hours.

Failure to duly comply with the Notification procedure could trigger administrative liability in the form of a penalty (RUB 500-1,000)."

I have heard of a community service obligation being imposed for non compliance ..which might delay returning from Russia.

Offline Gator

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
This thread reminds me of the good ol' days.  You know, experienced members helping newbies.  No bickering; everyone instead proudly helping someone else reach the state of  "living the dream."

This should be designated as  another sticky for information. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
Come on Bill, no harm in having photos of a nice looking 70 year old.  Would she be jealous of Christy Brinkley?

I would prefer not to have the conversation, "Beel, why did you keep her photo?"
Remember, innocence is not a viable excuse. 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:48:35 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 01:16:51 PM »
Ask Bill to finish his list.

And as always - learn some Russian!

I wrote lists in the past but can't find any of them.

Assemble a small Russian pharmacy, with antibiotics and activated charcoal
pills and other stuff she takes for all the maladies she has in a typical year.
Angel Eyes resisted this and there were at least 10 times she didn't have
XYZ when she wanted it.

Bring an empty suitcase on your next trip and have her pick some things to
send ahead with you. Have her box up some things and have them shipped
to you. Having a few extra familiar things when she arrives will help.

Angel Eyes had these bullet proof pantyhose/stockings that kept her thin
legs warm while she walked all over the Russian streets and avenues. I
sent her money to buy 10 extra pairs. I lived in North Dakota then and I
could see the value of those things. Of course she only bought 2 extra
pairs and then didn't have any a year later. But that falls under the
category of having married a woman who knows everything already.

Put in one of those hand held shower head attachments for your shower.
Buy a nice one the cheaper versions leak and don't last long.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:19:55 PM by AnonMod »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Davo

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »
This thread reminds me of the good ol' days.  You know, experienced members helping newbies.  No bickering; everyone instead proudly helping someone else reach the state of  "living the dream."

This should be designated as  another sticky for information.

As a newbie this has been a big problem.....not myself personally, but if you look at the new members introductions since I’ve been a member, lots have been driven away within a few days because of bickering and making them feel like they are not welcome. Sure some have the wrong attitude, but that would have changed with constructive criticism.

I know of guys right at this minute who are in the early stages of correspondence and are too scared to sign up and introduce themselves, because of the reception they might get.

Maybe a welcoming committee made up of a few less aggressive members is needed for new members?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 04:03:47 PM by Davo »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2020, 04:33:21 PM »
Maybe a welcoming committee made up of a few less aggressive members is needed
for new members?

It's been suggested for well over a decade. Some of the guys can't help
themselves. It's even worse when a girl is silly enough to wander over
in here. They will treat her like garbage.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 10:35:35 AM »

Angel Eyes had these bullet proof pantyhose/stockings that kept her thin
legs warm while she walked all over the Russian streets and avenues.

Wife also complains how pantyhose here in USA not a good as that available in Ukraine.
But somehow, she always forgets to bring some back from Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

Put in one of those hand held shower head attachments for your shower.
Buy a nice one; the cheaper versions leak and don't last long.

Yes, agree you must have the hand held shower in at least one of your bathrooms.
However, the one that Big Bill pictured is far from the correct one.

What is required is one with adjustment for concentrating the water flow into a single center stream.
This type will provide near instant orgasms for your Gal.

WaterPic (not surprisingly) is one of the providers of this type of shower head.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Waterpik-HairWand-Spa-System-12-Spray-Dual-Showerhead-and-Handheld-Showerhead-with-Wand-and-PowerPulse-Massage-in-Chrome-YBW-933E-SBW-383ME/307569346

And no . . . it's not for her back.

Offline jone

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
Yes, agree you must have the hand held shower in at least one of your bathrooms.
However, the one that Big Bill pictured is far from the correct one.

What is required is one with adjustment for concentrating the water flow into a single center stream.
This type will provide near instant orgasms for your Gal.

WaterPic (not surprisingly) is one of the providers of this type of shower head.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Waterpik-HairWand-Spa-System-12-Spray-Dual-Showerhead-and-Handheld-Showerhead-with-Wand-and-PowerPulse-Massage-in-Chrome-YBW-933E-SBW-383ME/307569346

And no . . . it's not for her back.

ML,

Can you give a better description of the use and intended results of said showerhead?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »
ML,

Can you give a better description of the use and intended results of said shower head?

I already did, in the posting you quoted.

And, I am just now working on preparing some real estate deeds, and such are required to use the word 'said' many times !!  I dislike the extra and unnecessary words that most lawyers use (to impress the masses), so avoid when possible; but this one is useful.

Offline treddie

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »
Thanks for all the advice, ideas and tips! There are obviously a lot of things to consider. I know all about having a clean bathroom and a good shower head. That much is taken care of.

• Start putting money aside specifically for a) weddings, b) relocation, c) parental expenses (medical, visits to USA, renovations, etc.), and d) contingency for unplanned expenses. When you marry a Russian woman the family comes "for free" but they're not cheap!

This is a good point. If you're going to ask someone to move to another country for you, then you should be prepared to handle some things, financially. I started putting money aside before we met. I should be able to cover the essentials.

Assemble a small Russian pharmacy, with antibiotics and activated charcoal pills and other stuff she takes for all the maladies she has in a typical year.

:D I think a "small Russian pharmacy" will be indispensable.

There will be a lot of things to do and it's good to have the items here as a reference.

Does it matter which country we get married in? I don't mean a ceremony - we can have that in both - but I mean the legal document?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1979
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM