It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212987 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #650 on: August 01, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
I'm still lost.  Is that last pic of female helping boy with sunglasses the mother or the daughter?

It's the mother (Northkape's fiancée).  She's 32 years old (unless she's had a birthday since he started seeing her).

Just a side note for all the Americans on here - from the many thousands of comments about overweight women, I'm guessing that the lady in blue is over from the USA on vacation!  :D

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #651 on: August 02, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
Nice photos NK,

Congrats on moving forward with your relationship.  It sounds like life is good.  I'm surprised the water is so warm there.  Here in Southern California the water rarely gets to even 70 and is usually in the mid 60's...but we all still charge right in the waves.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline notforone

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #652 on: August 03, 2014, 09:28:26 AM »
Northkape: Great! She's a beaut! And a notch above all other pictures that you posted including your ex.

General question: I was married to UA seven years, four plus years divorced, no kids. Do I mention the previous marriage to the new UA's and at what point (intro letter/before first meeting/during first meeting/later)? I can see how getting his ex involved is a win-win for both NK and his ex given the kids. Not an option or something I would like to do by any means in my case.

Online northkape

« Reply #653 on: August 05, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »
It's early morning sunrise after staying overnight at Tanya's parents in Melitopol, on our way back to Kiev / Brovary.
Arrived here after midnight, several hours late, from maneuvering along pothole roads in a blistering thunderstorm of rain and lightning.
Ending a week, that is forever to be, one of the highlights of my "memoirs",, that's how great our past week at Zatoka beach was for all of us.
Yes, feels a little weird to be older than her parents, but we are getting along with smiles and friendly eyes, so no worries.

Gator,,,
We plan to marry at Zags in the first week of October, if we are able to get everything ready for it.
My boys have a weeks vacation at school then, so I can leave them with Lena while I'm away.
Exactly how to proceed from there, is not clear at the moment, as there are a lot of challenges related to it.
I want to have them both with us in Norway as soon as possible, so I will find a way to do it.

Without reading through all of ML's fascination with "rabbit activities", I would guess your thoughts are correctly guided,,, smile

Akiwi,,,
No need to have "overweight" females coming here from USA.
In all my years of traveling in Ukraine, I never saw such an amount of grossly fat persons, as all those present at Zatoka beach.
This is a very nice place for families, and maybe it's a popular beach for fat people from the "over eating / drinking" middle class also.
No need to be ashamed of being fat in a swimsuit when you are one of a large group, children through all ages an upwards, men and women.
A video from where we were staying at the beach, would have been appropriate as intro for the annual convention of obese people in the USA.
I could barely believe I was in Ukraine, it was almost shocking in contrast to what I saw at beaches in Odessa a month ago.

So if you go looking for "eye candy" women in summertime, downtown Odessa is where to be, it will definitely twist your head off it's shoulders.
Even Tanya commented on all the beautiful women several times, when we spent a few days there a month ago.   

FT,,,
Thank's for the comment,,,, I was an avid amateur photographer through all of my life.
So adding one more photo of my sweet Tanya below…….
And yes, life is good, or may I say very good these days,,, as I think my life in general was always good.
The water temperature in Zatoka is normal for this time of the year.

notf,,,
I would recommend mentioning it in your intro letter, together with a brief explanation of your history / knowledge of Ukraine
In my opinion a plus in your book,, I always talked quite a lot about my x-wife and my history with Ukraine.

Two days ago we visited the fortress in Bilgorod Dnestrovskyi.
It's the largest fortress in Ukraine and very well preserved, absolutely worth a visit, only half an hour away from Zatoka.
And while walking around inside I made sure to catch some nice photo opportunities wherever I saw possibilities.
I no longer carry a real camera when traveling, as so much is possible with a phone, or as here with a 4 year old pocket camera.

More updates to follow

Offline Russian123

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »
Northcape, could you please clarify how did you resolve situation with Lenochka tight connection to Russian Orthodox church? You were concerned about it, when moving her to Norway.
How now? Do you have a Russian church in your city?
Did Lenochka have an opportunity to attend it as often as she wished?
Are your boys baptized as Russian Orthodox?
Thank you in advance for the answers.

Online northkape

« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »
Ru123,,,
I don't think I ever said anything about Lena being closely connected with the Russian Orthodox church, as she never was.
But her grandmother dedicated a large part of her life to active participation within this church community.
So yes, Lena was exposed to, and influenced by this church in her youth, when growing up together with her grandparents.
Today she lives a few minutes away from the Russian Orthodox church in Oslo, but she hasn't mentioned anything about visiting it.

Lena is talking with our boys every day on Skype, which is a good thing in many ways for my future family life together with Tanya. 
As Tanya often participates in the conversation with Lena to clarify subjects, or answer some of Lena's questions about the boys.
If only Lena could find a new man in her life also, I'm quite confident everything will work out silky smooth between the two of them.

Yesterday one of my boys snapped this nice photo of me and Tanya in Kiev,,,,
when visiting a "salt cave" clinic for trying to help one of my boys with his allergic asthma condition.

Offline Drew

« Reply #656 on: August 10, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »
Injecting salt water into the nostrils is one method of treating allergies.  Don't know the success rate.

Offline Doll

« Reply #657 on: August 11, 2014, 04:27:48 AM »
OMG- Tanya is 27 years younger!

Offline Drew

« Reply #658 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
But he looks younger than her.

Offline Drew

« Reply #659 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »

And I'll bet he is forcing her to be with him.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #660 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
Looking at that latest picture, the two look like they could be a genuine match, despite the large age difference. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #661 on: August 12, 2014, 03:51:03 AM »
She is clearly into you on the photo, congrats North !
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Ade

« Reply #662 on: August 12, 2014, 06:37:37 AM »

Not to worry; at the very least, she and her kids will get a nice new life in Norway.  ;)

Offline Russian123

« Reply #663 on: August 13, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »
Northcape, you are right, and I was mistaken. Sorry for that; I am your generation, and my memory (or maybe, reading comprehension) is not what it used to be. Alas...
You wrote on Feb 21, 2014:
"The other thing that has been worrying me and that we haven’t discussed in depth so far,
is her connection with the Orthodox church in her village at home.
I wouldn’t call her deeply religious, but she is strongly connected to it, and working / participating there every weekend.
She has already found the Orthodox churches in Oslo, one hour away, and wants to go there at least every Sunday.
Well, I can probably live with that also if everything else is as good as it seems so far."

One line before this description you were writing about Lena. So, I took the description of religious feelings as belonging to Lena.
But now I re-read the post, and actually you were talking about another, unnamed, woman with a small son that you picked up this year. You eventually dropped her off in favor of Tanya.

I am new to this forum, and read A LOT of stuff in one/two great sittings. I must say that your story is the most interesting and the most human. In some strange way I feel connected to you. I can easily imagine what it feels like to see 60 looking you in the face, while having two 11-year-olds to raise. Must be terrifying, especially given that your financial situation is not stable at all. I hope with all my heart that you made the right choice and that Tanya will prove to be as successful as Lena is.

I wish you the greatest luck!

Online northkape

« Reply #664 on: August 14, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
Drew,,,
As far as I know, injecting salt water in the nostrils will do nothing at all for allergies.
But it is nice for cleaning your nostrils, my boys use it all the time.

Doll,,,
So what?

ft & Pat,,,
Thanks for the nice words......

Ade,,,
Hopefully yes, but in my opinion,,
her life will not be "nicer" than her present life in Ukraine, except for being with a man she feels comfortable sharing time with.
She has an apartment in a new upper level apartment building, with all new western style appliances, tiled floors and bathroom +++
(A nicer apartment than Lena has in Oslo)
Her 11 year old daughter has mostly all the same things as my boys, like latest iPhone, iPad and so on.... 
What is not so nice,,,,
Is moving away from all their friends, relatives and practically everything they are familiar with in life.
On top of this comes maybe ten years or more without living inside a "native" language, at least for Tanya.

Ru123,,,
Thanks for the well wishes..

Finished at the dentist today, and about to start driving home to Norway now together with my boys.......

Leaving behind my lovely Tanya
(Always linked to her phone, with family, friends, customers,,,,,,,)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:56:30 AM by northkape »

Offline Ade

« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
Ah, yes North, I forgot that not only is life so damn good in Ukraine but also that kids can look forward to such a wealth of opportunities the like of which can hardly be seen in Norway.

:rolleyes:

Come on man, at least try to be honest with yourself.

Online northkape

« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
Ade,,,
Yes, a common misconception among mankind throughout the history books,,
to think that everyone else is limited to live and find happiness within one's own restricted boundaries of understanding.
(and it's also not easy to comment intelligently on something one didn't fully read or comprehend,,,, it was always her single daughter, not kids,,, smile)

Finally back home again, after being more or less on the road in Ukraine for almost two months.
My old Peugeot from last summer has really taken a beating from the additional thousands of kilometers on mostly terrible roads, but is still in good condition.

I had planned to do some dental work in Ukraine this summer, even though I was always very skeptical about the general quality of work here.
Well, after a little research,, I was able to find a rather talented young woman in Kiev, that is doing seriously good work together with her staff of female dentist.
And with todays valuation of the Ukraine currency, her prices are almost too good to believe.
The savings alone for my treatment, covered more than the total costs of the entire summer in Ukraine for me, Tanya and our kids.

Yesterday, after stopping for a full day of "roller coaster fun" in Sweden's top amusement park, me and my boys met with the godmother of Tanya's daughter.
She is Tanya's best friend and has been living in Sweden for two years with a Swedish man, now several months pregnant with their first child.
I already knew her as a very nice and friendly woman from talking with her on Skype several times, when living together with Tanya.
We had a long, and for me very interesting conversation about her and Tanya's life and history, in addition to her opinion about Tanya's affection for me.

More to come,,,, later....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #667 on: August 17, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
Ade,,,Yes, a common misconception among mankind throughout the history books,, to think that everyone else is limited to live and find happiness within one's own restricted boundaries of understanding.(and it's also not easy to comment intelligently on something one didn't fully read or comprehend,,,, it was always her single daughter, not kids,,, smile)

I will have to disagree with you here.  She was looking for a foreign man, was she not?  Why is that? 

Scandinavian countries (and Western countries, in general) do have many more opportunities for advancement, self fulfillment, even material well being, than does Ukraine.  Why do you think Ukrainian emigration is so high?  Why do you think UW advertise themselves across the globe?

As for the term "kids", your non native English has made you read this rather literally. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #668 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »
I will have to disagree with you here.  She was looking for a foreign man, was she not?  Why is that? 

Scandinavian countries (and Western countries, in general) do have many more opportunities for advancement, self fulfillment, even material well being, than does Ukraine.  Why do you think Ukrainian emigration is so high?  Why do you think UW advertise themselves across the globe?

Are you saying that men would buy Playboy for the articles?

Say it ain't so, Boe.  :P
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online northkape

« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Sorry for being away for a while.....

Busy times, with an endless line-up of "crazy" incidents,, throwing all kind of wrenches into the normally free spinning wheels of my life.

No,, there are no problems between me and Tanya,, our bonds are strong and still closely tied.

It's more like a series of "voodoo hoaxes" from outer space trying to halt the best laid plans of mice and men.
Even though I was struggling through many parts of my life,
I have always considered myself fortunate in my ability, to envision the light at the end of the tunnel early on.
But lately I have been hit with more annoying flying shit than ever before, in any periods of my life.

No it's still not rubbing my positive, always and forever optimistic outlook on my life and future happiness.
But it surely added a lot of twists and turns, into our path towards a happy family life together.

Talking about positively optimistic,,,
That was the one single comment I will forever remember from this thread,,,
Posted by Mies exactly a year ago: Reply #208 on: December 13, 2013

"Because you are always positive and optimistic"

It's a fact of my life,,, but I never thought it would be that visible, through my writings.

Bo,,
What exactly do you disagree with?
My reference to a statement about mankind's generally limited ability, to understand and accept other priorities in life, than those tolerated inside their own restricted minds.
Well there is a reason we still have wars.........

"Scandinavian countries (and Western countries, in general do have many more opportunities and so on"
Yes, I would consider this to be true in general,, but wether you accept it or not, I don't think it's fully applicable on an individual level.

Most of the women I met with had good jobs with many opportunities for advancement and self fulfillment if they wanted it,
What they were missing in their lives was a man, and many (including Tanya) were looking first and foremost for a Ukraine or Russian man.

And I don't consider my non native English,, as being a reason for reading a "too literal" meaning, into Ade's faulty use of the plural "kids".
I let it slip by in his previous posting without commenting,, but referring to "kids" twice,, was a valid reason for me to correct it.
For me, it shows me a person, who didn't fully read what I was writing before commenting.

More to come,,,
With my eyes closed,, there is still a sliver of light visible at the end of that tunnel,,, smile
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:43:18 PM by northkape »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #670 on: December 17, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Bo,,What exactly do you disagree with?My reference to a statement about mankind's generally limited ability, to understand and accept other priorities in life, than those tolerated inside their own restricted minds.Well there is a reason we still have wars.........

No, that you are somehow the exception.

"Scandinavian countries (and Western countries, in general do have many more opportunities and so on"Yes, I would consider this to be true in general,, but wether you accept it or not, I don't think it's fully applicable on an individual level.

Yes, I agree it's not fully applicable on an individual level.  However, there is a reason UW who marry foreigners marry mostly West Europeans and North Americans, rather than men from third world countries.

Most of the women I met with had good jobs with many opportunities for advancement and self fulfillment if they wanted it, What they were missing in their lives was a man, and many (including Tanya) were looking first and foremost for a Ukraine or Russian man.

This just does not accord with the reality in Ukraine.  Corruption is rampant (and still is, though I hope that will change).  Women, in general terms, do not have the same opportunities as do men.   Almost every mayor of a major Ukrainian city has stated, at one point or another in the past five years, that "There is no future for our young", often with advice that they leave the country for greener pastures.  It is, in particular, not a country where you want to be old.

And I don't consider my non native English,, as being a reason for reading a "too literal" meaning, into Ade's faulty use of the plural "kids". I let it slip by in his previous posting without commenting,, but referring to "kids" twice,, was a valid reason for me to correct it.For me, it shows me a person, who didn't fully read what I was writing before commenting.

Ade meant "kids" as a general term, so his usage was correct.  He was not referring to your particular situation. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online northkape

« Reply #671 on: January 07, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »
Yes, Bo,,,, tell me again that Ade was talking about kids in general here:

Doll: OMG- Tanya is 27 years younger!
Ade: Not to worry; at the very least, she and her kids will get a nice new life in Norway.

And I never tried to give you or anyone else the impression that I’m "somehow an exception" from someones imagined rules about life and relationships.
I’m just writing my story the way I see it, from where I’m standing in life.
Passing 60 in a few months, I no longer care all that much about being right or wrong about the long term outlook on my future.
As of now, I’m much more interested in enjoying, and finding pleasure in living my present life,, day by day…
Time will tell its story soon enough anyway.

I fully agree that "This just does not accord with the reality in Ukraine".
But I was talking about most of the filtered subset of women I met with, not about the general situation for women in Ukraine today.

Then for all of you,,,, a little summary of what happened for me and my Tanya after this summer.

We were supposed to marry and go to Norway together at the end of October.

When talking with our immigration department,,,
I was told that since Tanya has a master degree, it would be possible for her to apply for family reunion as a "specialist for the workforce" after we had married.
If she and her daughter came here on a Schengen Visa, they would be allowed to stay in Norway, while their applications would be processed in parallel.
So I prepared the necessary documents for all of us, and drove to Ukraine for picking her and her daughter up, and taking them home with me at the end of October.
While Tanya was busy deciding about her wedding dress,, wedding rings and arranging for the wedding party ++.

From there on,, most everything went wrong, one way or another…
(summary later if I can find the time for it)

We finally married on 3rd. of January last week, after overcoming most of our crazy problems with Zags, Embassy, Immigration department,,++
A quick formal wedding, with no ceremony, wedding dress, rings or wedding party, but both of us were very happy to have this part done with.
Tanya is still in Ukraine however,, and I’m  back here in Norway, struggling with how to get her and her daughter here as quickly as possible.

Celebrating New Year’s eve together with some of Tanya’s friends in Brovary.

Tanya, her daughter and me on our wedding day, 2 hours after marrying...
We are about to drive to Kiev to watch the outdoor celebrations this Saturday evening.

Lots of people out in the streets this nice Saturday evening.

After walking all of the center for 3 hours straight, the three of us are all a little frozen, brrr,,,,
and decided to go for a coffee and something to eat at McDonalds on the Maidan Square, before returning to Brovary.

Later in the evening we have a celebration party at one of her friends apartment, a very nice evening for all of us.

Offline ML

« Reply #672 on: January 07, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »
Hi North, congratulations !!

And thanks for sharing the great pics.

Also thanks for sending me PM with info on Kyiv dentists, etc.

Keep us appraised about the process of getting them to Norway, etc.

ML
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »
Congratulations NK  -- very nice news and photos.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Gator

« Reply #674 on: January 08, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »
Congratulations Northkape!!!!!

Best wishes to Tanya!!!!!

I hope your immigration troubles are resolved soon and you can get all of your family living together at your home.

Good photos as usual, and a most beautiful bride.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1914
Total: 1925

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM