It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 458617 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2450 on: March 11, 2019, 04:17:07 PM »

1)There are plenty of McDonald's there - and loaded potato vendors, etc. and the Mickey D burgers are covered profusely  with mayonnaise
2) Ballet doesn't do anything for figure. - true about the stretch moves, yet the dance practices are demanding aerobic exercises.  And those stretch moves enable some interesting positions.
3) The diet there is terrible, heavy on fats, etc. - true, more so in Ukraine, eating seasoned lard.   
4) They are not more intelligent and family oriented - regarding intelligence , probably correct.  family - not necessarily better than American mothers, yet they differ IMO out of necessity given divorced fathers tend to participate less, yet . 

My take:  FSUW attach a higher value to the staying thin.   Many AW seem to accept being overweight, maybe even comfortable with it,  while FSUW to include their mothers would not accept it.   

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2451 on: March 11, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
Trench, Are you delusional or just naive?

Both Boe and ML understand the reality ~ on the other hand after over 2 years it seems you can not comprehend basic realities of the former Soviet Union. Many others have tried to help you. Moby comes to mind.

I fear any relationship you start in Ukraine or Belarus will not have your dream outcome. Bd
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2452 on: March 11, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
My take:  FSUW attach a higher value to the staying thin.   Many AW seem to accept being overweight, maybe even comfortable with it,  while FSUW to include their mothers would not accept it.   

I'm not certain I agree with this.  There are plenty of overweight women in the FSU.  But what you rarely see is women, or men, for that matter, that are 60+ lbs overweight, which is commonly seen in parts of North America.  But I think it is very much a generational thing.  When I look around my city, most overweight individuals are aged 40 plus.  Most of those in their twenties or even their thirties that I see are slim - in their twenties, usually slimmer than Ukrainians.  I assume they all spend time in the gym, although our son is very thin, and in his case, it's just that he walks everywhere, and eats very little (no appetite, he forces himself to eat).

It's not taboo there to discuss a person's weight, but from what I've observed, it's done matter of factly, not in the condascending manner it's done in the West.  Yes, mothers will tell their daughters (and sons) they should lose weight - usually after stuffing them with food.

I think ML is exactly correct on the reasons the people there are thinner, overall.  It's the same throughout most of Eastern Europe, and I believe it is down to moving more.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:51:59 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2453 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51:34 PM »
You can't keep women "in check".  She is going to be who she is.  The environment she lives in at a given moment has zero to do with who she is.  Again, you are hunting wolves, and then expect them to automatically become sheep.  If you want a sheep, look for one.  Don't hunt a wolf and then expect her to live against her nature.

And where do I find a sheep? Dating sites the world over are full of women who want some thing even at home.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2454 on: March 11, 2019, 04:54:04 PM »
You won't find one in Ukraine, because you don't know the culture, and the "sheep" for the most part are not interested in meeting foreign men and therefore, are not listed on websites which foreign men use.

PS - Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with finding a wolf.  Perhaps that is even what some here desire.  It's just that you can't find one type of person, and then expect her to turn into something else.  The same holds true in dating/marrying WW.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:02:42 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2455 on: March 11, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »
You won't find one in Ukraine, because you don't know the culture, and the "sheep" for the most part are not interested in meeting foreign men and therefore, are not listed on websites which foreign men use.

PS - Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with finding a wolf.  Perhaps that is even what some here desire.  It's just that you can't find one type of person, and then expect her to turn into something else.  The same holds true in dating/marrying WW.

What if I didn't use dating sites, what if I saw a check out girl eye me up in Ukraine and I went up and asked her out?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

« Reply #2456 on: March 11, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »
I'm not certain I agree with this.  There are plenty of overweight women in the FSU.  But what you rarely see is women, or men, for that matter, that are 60+ lbs overweight, which is commonly seen in parts of North America.  But I think it is very much a generational thing.  When I look around my city, most overweight individuals are aged 40 plus

Mrs B   -- years and years ago when driving across the US and into Canada-- from the second we crossed the border  it was obvious that there were  far slimmer people evident  everywhere you looked.
Years later in flying from Atlanta I confirmed that earlier thought  and it was commented on by my business partner who observed the contrast !! ;D

Years ago-- people would say the same of Australians -- but not now -- affluence has made AUS the 2nd fattest country !

As for the fsu -- some of the reasons have been covered --  I have commented previously that even bigger frames can still look good-- because they are not carrying excessive fat.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #2457 on: March 12, 2019, 01:32:43 AM »
In reply to tom there are better looking women in the f s u due to good genes . No macdonalds  and lots of ballet when they were younger and a healthy attitude to diet.  So supply and demand.   I drove round London all day to day and not a decent popa to be seen.    Also when looking at divorced women on my god are there prettier women than in London in the f s u.   More intelligent more family orientated.

Of course there are MORE attractive, family-oriented women. Why do you think most of us are looking there?

What Trench is saying is that there aren't any available in the UK, when the simple fact is of course there are, he just isn't able to attract one. I dislike this 'grading' system of women, but if he can't win a 6 in England, then he won't win an 8 in FSU. It doesn't matter how poor she is, that's the simple reality of life he has to accept.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #2458 on: March 12, 2019, 01:57:55 AM »
What if I didn't use dating sites, what if I saw a check out girl eye me up in Ukraine and I went up and asked her out?

So you speak fluent Russian now?

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2459 on: March 12, 2019, 03:36:10 AM »
When I was in Kiev 7 years ago I didn't find any check-out girls in the supermarkets who could speak any English.

In fact the girl i'd travelled to meet was astonished i'd been  shopping there are on my own before we met-up.

I did get a lot of eye-contact from hotties in the streets when on my own in Kiev,and I did attempt to get some directions for shops from a couple of them but to no avail.

However,i did find a bloke who could speak English in a phone shop....great.

Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2460 on: March 12, 2019, 06:22:03 AM »
When I was in Kiev 7 years ago I didn't find any check-out girls in the supermarkets who could speak any English.

In fact the girl i'd travelled to meet was astonished i'd been  shopping there are on my own before we met-up.

I did get a lot of eye-contact from hotties in the streets when on my own in Kiev,and I did attempt to get some directions for shops from a couple of them but to no avail.

Yeah look hard enough and you're usually find a guy that can speak good English in a phone shop. I know what you mean when I was in Kiev three years ago only a few checkout girls spoke English in central Kiev. The impression I got around was that few spoke English in general but I think I just assumed this as nearly everyone I heard was speaking the native language and as such I was reticient to stand out speaking English. At the time I didn't know its the thing to do plus I was meeting a girl I would be with for the week.

I think as time passes more and more speak English. I noticed in Lviv and also Minsk few checkout girls spoke any English at all. Of course many check out girls aren't the livest but if you catch the eye of the right one. I really just said it for an example, but it could be any every day girl.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2461 on: March 12, 2019, 06:25:47 AM »

So you speak fluent Russian now?

No, I've been trying to learn basic Russian, some progress made, more to be done. If I can just speak even basic Russian together with a translator who knows. I recall some guy on here many years back married a girl he met on the check outs, he spoke good Russian though.

Offline ML

« Reply #2462 on: March 12, 2019, 09:58:13 AM »

if he can't win a 6 in England, then he won't win an 8 in FSU. It doesn't matter how poor she is, that's the simple reality of life he has to accept.

Not true.

This is the main thing you can do in FSU . . . trade up regarding factors you want.

And the FSUW can also trade up with us . . . regarding the factors they want.

All due to Economics.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:35:05 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #2463 on: March 12, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
Not true.

This is the main thing you can do in FSU . . . trade up regarding factors you want.

And the FSUW can also trade up with us . . . regarding the factors they want.

All do to Economics.

Exactly, he can trade up in specific areas but must make sacrifices in others. If he can get a 9 or a 10 in appearance, unless he's unbelievably lucky, I doubt she will be in all of the important areas and that will surely defy the whole objective of this pursuit - i.e. - she isn't a 'genuine' 9 or 10. That was my point.

I still don't believe pound for pound Trench can trade a 6 for an 8 when he can't get a 6. He doesn't have the financial muscle, he doesn't have a hugely outgoing personality (his own admission) so the economics don't really come into play.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2464 on: March 12, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »

Exactly, he can trade up in specific areas but must make sacrifices in others. If he can get a 9 or a 10 in appearance, unless he's unbelievably lucky, I doubt she will be in all of the important areas and that will surely defy the whole objective of this pursuit - i.e. - she isn't a 'genuine' 9 or 10. That was my point.

I still don't believe pound for pound Trench can trade a 6 for an 8 when he can't get a 6. He doesn't have the financial muscle, he doesn't have a hugely outgoing personality (his own admission) so the economics don't really come into play.

I think what you say has merit Lyndon. I've come to realise that an 8 or more is a grasp for me in the FSU. Not just for me but for many others as well. Not only are a lot of 8's or more trouble in the FSU they will be a problem when you get them home. Through no fault of my own I fall down in the areas you mention, basically wealth and outgoing personality. To many girls both are going to be major negatives even if there is natural chemistry there. There will always be other options for these girls and I'm not going to stack up well against them.

To me thinking about it realistically it doesn't matter to me if a girl is a 5-7. If I can be in a real genuine relationship that is worth more than a girl who is with me for other reasons in the 8-10 looks department. I'm happy getting with a 5-7 there is natural chemistry with and can enjoy each others company without her being hit on by every other guy or her looking at other prospects even as she is with me. If she is slim then she is still far more preferable than the fatties you have here.

It's true that I can't score an 8 here, I have gained the interest of many 8-10 girls here but my lack of an outgoing personality that I cannot change has always screwed up any chance with them. Even 5-7 girls here are often already hooked up with guys so little joy there. The 4 and below girls here are hideous so little point bothering with them, many are flawed personalities anyway.

I think a lot of guys hit problems FSU dating like me as we're assailed all of a sudden by these beauties and don't realise that a lot of them don't take us seriously, we are just an interesting game to them. They can be fun to date but often are not realistic long term marriage prospects. The ones that are, are more likely in the more down to earth looking but still attractive 5-7 looks category. As you rightly state for any WM looking for a 8-10 girl in other categories such as character & personality as well as looks is a real reach, raven for rich guys with outgoing personalities never mind me. Time to be realistic I think.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2465 on: March 13, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »

It's been a long time since I've been to Kiev as well. My Russian was sucked pretty basic
back then and I didn't know Cyrillic back then so I would buy things based on what the picture was.
Hooo Boy, I bought all sorts of things that came in a milk carton that wasn't milk and most of them
didn't go that well on my cereal.

They put yogurt mixed with milk (which did taste good on my cereal) and sour cream which
doesn't taste good on cereal. I had bought some meat, bread and cheese so that I could make
sandwiches. Then I went down the mayonnaise isle.

They had row after row of mayonnaise and I looked at the photo and some would have tomatoes
and some would have other things on the packaging so I bought at least 4 of those squeeze bags
of Mayonnaise thinking that I would be able to have some really interesting and tasty sandwiches
but to my dismay they were all just mayonnaise and I had just bought a year supply for a two
week trip, I should have made potato salad.

I did manage to find a few girls who spoke English that would agree to go out with me when I was
in a restaurant or once at a Pizza kiosk or even one girl who was way to young for me while walking
down the street. It brings back memories

For Newbies: Milk is Молоко pronounced Moloko and sour cream is сметана pronounced smetana.
Russian sour cream is a bit more flavorful than in the USA and it's a bit more runny.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:25:10 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2466 on: March 13, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »
To me thinking about it realistically it doesn't matter to me if a girl is a 5-7.
If I can be in a real genuine relationship that is worth more than a girl who
is with me for other reasons in the 8-10 looks department.

I'm happy getting with a 5-7 there is natural chemistry with and can enjoy each
others company

Trench, I played college basketball and was sort of a very minor celebrity for a little
while and I've dated some real show stoppers. 99% of the time the show stoppers
weren't worth dating or even sleeping with and the girl a step down in looks was
five times more fun to date and ten times better in the sack.

If you are realistic in the looks department and you sell them on your situation
like I mentioned before, you can find an excellent human being, who is thin,
charming and would love you to death. You have to be very honest up front
and be prepared to write a LOT of girls, but there is a girl out there, you just
have to spend the effort to find her.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline JayH

« Reply #2467 on: March 13, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »
Trench, I played college basketball and was sort of a very minor celebrity for a little
weren't worth dating or even sleeping with and the girl a step down in looks was

If you are realistic in the looks department and you sell them on your situation
and be prepared to write a LOT of girls, but there is a girl out there, you just

2T is on the right theme here. I am a sucker for a girl with personality  -- not just looks.
Not to say that a girl cannot have both -- but the principle is simple enough -- beauty needs to be more than appearance at first glance.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #2468 on: March 13, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »

Warning..extreme generalisation alert!

I've dated some real show stoppers. 99% of the time the show stoppers

Sorry Beel'..simply not my  experience...linking sexual performance as being inversely proportional to looks...

Perhaps comparing the abilities of teenagers to grown women might be the issue ?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #2469 on: March 13, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
Have to agree with msmob the stunners are easier to get along with and have less issues in a relationship.   Probably because they have more options if the relationship does not work out.

Offline ML

« Reply #2470 on: March 14, 2019, 09:53:42 AM »
I don't have much solid evidence that sexual performance by a woman is directly or inversely related to their physical looks.

Common sense would seem to suggest that those who have a harder time attracting a man might give everything more effort when they are with a man.

However, as I have noted elsewhere, even those gals who hadn't been on a date in years quickly took on the attitude of Prom Queen when finally selected.

One attribute that I do have some solid evidence about is the characterization of the woman when out in public as 'somewhat quiet and reserved' vs 'overtly flirty and suggestive.'

In my experience, the quiet ones turned out better in bed than the flirty ones.

Maybe this is the female analogue of the macho men who brag about their sexual abilities, but in actuality only proceed to quickly satisfy themselves.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2471 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
Warning..extreme generalisation alert!

Sorry Beel'..simply not my  experience...linking sexual performance as being inversely proportional to looks...

Perhaps comparing the abilities of teenagers to grown women might be the issue ?

Yes, it was an extreme generalization however my anecdotal experience among super
hot and super beautiful women is that they are more shallow than a hot and beautiful
woman. I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

Sexual performance is more about attitude (and experience) than anything else.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2472 on: March 14, 2019, 02:55:44 PM »

I totally agree with this Bill, I think a more everyday looking girl is more in touch with her feelings than a super hot girl. A super hot girl has probably had so many guys it ain't special or even unique for her, one guy becomes just another guy to her and she ends up going through intimacy in a process like manner even if it is fun at the time. A girl who doesn't date every day of the week it will mean a lot more too and she'll react more with naturally tentatively I think which can be nice :)

So a 5-7 for me I think :) My intention in the next few days is to do a profile folder on my computer of girls I see online that fit the 5-7 criteria. This is to act as a safe guard and check facility for me so I can check of each new girl I consider to see that she meets the 5-7 criteria. I feel this is important for me as sometimes I see a girl who is pretty hot looking and consider her a 7 so as to justify to myself that she is alright to go for when she is really an 8 or more and I'm  once again probably walking into trouble. I basically need some other girls profiles to judge her against from when I'm in a logical frame of mind so I can say, 'nope she's at least an 8 compared to these girls and too hot so I won't contact her unless I've worked through all 5-7's when I'm there'. That should hopefully ensure I stick on the straight and narrow :)

Offline msmob

« Reply #2473 on: March 14, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »
Trench, deal with your own 'feelings' before inflicting your misogynist traits on any woman.

I mean according to you . bringing back a 9 - your terminology- she'd just upgrade when settled in the UK...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2474 on: March 15, 2019, 06:14:42 AM »
Trench, deal with your own 'feelings' before inflicting your misogynist traits on any woman.

I mean according to you . bringing back a 9 - your terminology- she'd just upgrade when settled in the UK...

She probably would do, she would have many, many options here of all sorts, very wealthy guys, Mr personalities at every turn, real athletic guys, Movie Star looks guys, etc, etc. As a hot model looking guy would she settle for me? I'm an ok sort of guy, a good all rounder apart from not having social skills I would like to think, but even if she is into me I would be doing well not to lose out to the above guys. Hot model looking girls soon get to know they can pretty much get what they want and they attract a lot of attention. I would be being a fool not to realise that.

To a lot of the hot model type girls the International Dating Scene has become a game. Remember these are the prime targets for sex tourists and they can be numerous. Many of these girls have heard all the guff before and will just regard a real serious guy as a sex tourist whatever. They are caught in a game and even if they get with a guy will have had expectations raised to a real rich dude who they are likely later to screw over. Hot FSW can be good for a bit of fun but extremely few make a serious relationship prospect.

The wiser choice by far I feel is to go for a more everyday looking girl and have a real rather than fake relationship with her. Now I know not all 5-7 girls will be good but they will mostly be from a different more serious dating scene to the 8-10 girls. A real relationship is something I feel I would be happier in and prize more highly than getting with a hot model girl in a fake relationship just for how pretty she looks.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1869
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1859
Total: 1869

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM