It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia  (Read 27967 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:25 AM »

Sounds like Russian schools will stop teaching English and German, to be replaced by Spanish Tagalog and Chinese.  Chinese men flying to Russia to meet RW.  The future opportunities are immeasurable.   ;)

:rolleyes:

lordtiberius

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
So the answer to my question?

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:18 AM »
Most experts say that Russia is going to be invaded by China?  I’d like to read about this from the experts you have taunted.  I still think it is one or two guys trying being silly and mentally masturbating.   

I will leave the taunting of those who believe in  "Yellow peril" up to you. It is a pretty common idea tossed around in think tanks. They even teach it to the University kids. You can start with people like Medvedev, Kissinger, Alex Khramchikhin, Putin, Pankov, Richard Roussseau, etc. Then you have events like Vostok 2010.

China does not formally recognize the Treaty of Aigun, and there were several incidents in the 60's which culminated in preparation for nuclear war. In 2008 Russia returned some of the land in fact due to the skirmishes in the 60's. Will China roll in overnight with tanks and artillery? I doubt it, they will buy resources as that is the easier path for now. Eventually I believe they will regain what was lost probably with a method similar to what we witnessed in Crimea.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »

Yeah well at least the sheep would finally be liberated in NZ so we can call that a win.  I think my beard will be 3 miles long before China invades Russia.

Fathertime!

The invasion experts refer to is not a military incursion.  It is the creeping takeover of lands that were part of China by Chinese nationals.

200,000 to 300,000 Chinese move (illegally) to Russia annually.  The Russian Far East is lightly populated (1.4 million), yet is large in territory.  At present rates of illegal immigration, it would not take long for ethnic Chinese to become the majority population in the region.  Russia is worried enough about this that the governor of the region has called for removal of illegal immigrants.  There have been some crackdowns, with Asians being singled out. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2014, 10:16:50 AM »
Will China roll in overnight with tanks and artillery? I doubt it, they will buy resources as that is the easier path for now. Eventually I believe they will regain what was lost probably with a method similar to what we witnessed in Crimea.
In 100 or 200 years who know what the world map will look like, but it is likely to be very different than todays.  We will all be dead within 50-60 years at most.

I don't see a even a large country bullying a nation like Russia militarily.  Financially a nation China could wide up controlling much of the world at some point.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
I will leave the taunting of those who believe in  "Yellow peril" up to you. It is a pretty common idea tossed around in think tanks. They even teach it to the University kids. You can start with people like Medvedev, Kissinger, Alex Khramchikhin, Putin, Pankov, Richard Roussseau, etc. Then you have events like Vostok 2010.

China does not formally recognize the Treaty of Aigun, and there were several incidents in the 60's which culminated in preparation for nuclear war. In 2008 Russia returned some of the land in fact due to the skirmishes in the 60's. Will China roll in overnight with tanks and artillery? I doubt it, they will buy resources as that is the easier path for now. Eventually I believe they will regain what was lost probably with a method similar to what we witnessed in Crimea.

:clapping:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:22:23 AM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

The invasion experts refer to is not a military incursion.  It is the creeping takeover of lands that were part of China by Chinese nationals.

200,000 to 300,000 Chinese move (illegally) to Russia annually.  The Russian Far East is lightly populated (1.4 million), yet is large in territory.  At present rates of illegal immigration, it would not take long for ethnic Chinese to become the majority population in the region.  Russia is worried enough about this that the governor of the region has called for removal of illegal immigrants.  There have been some crackdowns, with Asians being singled out.

Perhaps the Chinese have been observing how illegal Mexican and other Latin Americans gain a toehold into the USA, and then get legal papers over time.  In the case of the USA neither political party has ever really wanted to do much about it, because the Republicans want the cheap labor and the Democrats want the votes.  The difference in comparing the US problem to the problem in the Russian far east is that the Russians in the far east are vastly outnumbered by the ethnic Chinese; as well China has a very large standing Army.  China does not need to use the military option for perhaps 50 to 100 years; they will slowly purchase all available land and deliberately send as many workers as possible, whether legal or illegal matters not.  China has the advantage in both sheer population numbers and birth-rates, and in economic power as well.

lordtiberius

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
The only way we can avoid a Third World War is for the Russian people to topple Putin.  They put him there.  They can rip him down and should.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »
This is what this damn liberal college do to children of good old soviet relics. They make them think.

Good article on the Moscow Times

Historically, wars often occur in the wake of ideological polarization. As Stephen Walt shows in "Revolution and War," the temporary weakness of a revolutionary state encourages its rivals to attack. Moreover, the leaders of old regimes typically fear the spread of revolutionary ideas, especially if the revolutionary state has a threatening ideology.

In his research, Akos Lada has shown that such a conflict is particularly likely if two countries share a common cultural — ethnicity, language, religion — identity. If two countries are culturally alike but differ in their political institutions, the more repressive regime will see its neighbor's more liberal ideology as transferable and therefore threatening.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:28:07 PM by Muzh »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »

There was a noticeable increase of Asian faces in Moscow. One of the main reasons for Chinese to emigrate is the limitation to a single child per couple.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
The only way we can avoid a Third World War is for the Russian people to topple Putin.  They put him there.  They can rip him down and should.

Assuming Putin remains the leader of Russia and all indications that he will, you seem to be guaranteeing us a world war then.  When is this going to happen?  I agree that it might happen, but I wouldn't guarantee it like you are doing.  I think cooler heads will prevail and concessions (maybe about things we don't even know about) will be made.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
Yes, you understand me rightly.  I am guaranteeing World War III will happen.  When will WW3 happen some believe it's already happening:

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2014, 03:26:17 AM »
Oh dear! Looks like the currency is dropping like a lead balloon.

http://news.yahoo.com/ruble-plunges-sharply-against-euro-dollar-110647010.html

You missed the best part of that article - this one quote should be emblazoned around the world for the Putinistas to read:

Quote from: Larisa Krasnopevtseva, a 53-year Muscovite
"The purchasing power of our ruble is dropping. It means I will rest less, work more and have worse medical care. I don't know what's behind this fall but I very much don't like it."

The whole of the rest of the world knows why the ruble is falling, but an average Muscovite woman doesn't.  The only possible reason is that she doesn't know anything about what is happening in Ukraine, or the resultant sanctions.

I wonder where she gets her news from?  :popcorn:

Offline Doll

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2014, 07:39:21 AM »
We know it hurt Russian pride which is more important than money.
It's quite the opposite- Russians win in American contests :clapping:

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »

The whole of the rest of the world knows why the ruble is falling, but an average Muscovite woman doesn't.  The only possible reason is that she doesn't know anything about what is happening in Ukraine, or the resultant sanctions.

You mean the Kremlin regime don't tell the population the nose dive of the currency is caused by the sanctions? What if people start to blame the currency drop on bad economic management by the regime?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47:15 AM »
You mean the Kremlin regime don't tell the population the nose dive of the currency is caused by the sanctions? What if people start to blame the currency drop on bad economic management by the regime?

That's what you would call a lose-lose situation.  ;D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Doll

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
They all know the reason

Offline Doll

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »
Listen, people there know that this drop is caused by sanctions.
Sanctions are aimed at hurting the economy. They are being done absolutely purposely to harm the  population.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
They are being done absolutely purposely to harm the  population.

I disagree.  They are enacted to change bellicose state policies.  They are to tell a country's leaders "We will not tolerate XYZ."
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
By harming the population. Doll is right.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2014, 10:38:53 AM »
They are not "harmed".  Made uncomfortable, perhaps.  But, unlike their government, no country enacting sanctions is sending their military to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »
They are not "harmed".  Made uncomfortable, perhaps.  But, unlike their government, no country enacting sanctions is sending their military to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians.

True. Not in Ukraine.

But in Syria, Libya, etc...they do.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:33 AM »
True, but how many Ukrainians flew planes into the Twin Towers?  How many Ukrainians have strapped bombs on their bodies and killed civilians? 

How many Ukrainians were killed by Ukrainian forces gassing entire villages?  Or taking all the men from a village and executing them?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Ahhh...so you punish the many for the sins of the few.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:23 AM »
True, but how many Ukrainians flew planes into the Twin Towers?  How many Ukrainians have strapped bombs on their bodies and killed civilians? 

How many Ukrainians were killed by Ukrainian forces gassing entire villages?  Or taking all the men from a village and executing them?

Bo, are you saying there are good reasons to invade another country?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701