It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304599 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1825 on: October 16, 2020, 08:12:51 PM »
In case you missed all the recent ads on the TV, as soon as Joe Biden gets elected, this epidemic will disappear. Biden’s leadership will defeat this virus ASAP, and with as little to no social services deployment.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:37:16 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1826 on: October 16, 2020, 09:00:16 PM »

The only current drug the FDA approves for emergency treatment right now is Remdesivir which was administered to Trump. A 30 country study involving 11,000 people has concluded and Remdesivir has shown no benefit to saving lives. There has never been a treatment created for any coronavirus in history and there still isn't. I doubt the vaccines will be successful but due to public pressure, they will be released and work will continue to find something better.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/four-coronavirus-treatments-remdesivir-hydroxychloroquine-flop-who-study
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:03:32 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1827 on: October 16, 2020, 11:53:54 PM »
WOW! Forget excess deaths, I can see how effective such disciplined lockdowns really worked in Europe!

Amazing.

I wonder if you could explain the above, please ? Who is 'forgetting' excess deaths ?

Offline Gator

« Reply #1828 on: October 17, 2020, 04:50:23 AM »
I wonder if you could explain the above, please ? Who is 'forgetting' excess deaths ?

Excess deaths?  Please focus on direct data.  I say that because some "excess deaths" could have resulted from the effects of lockdown  (e. g., stress, doctor visits curtailed resulting in adverse effects such as cancers not being detected, etc.). 

Please examine more directly connected data.   I don't follow Euro data, so I depend upon Europeans and news media.   The news media tells me that concurrent with the virus resurgence in Europe, the CFR has not declined. 
That contrasts with the US where the case fatality rate is declining.  True?

Such is what I hope a RWD member from EU would explain rather than focus on the US problem simply for fodder to criticize Trump.  It seems to me Europeans have more to be concerned about than Trump.   

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1829 on: October 17, 2020, 05:39:16 AM »
Gator,

In Italy, cases are way up, around 10k per day, which is 40% above back in March.  Deaths have risen as well from a low of 10 or less per day to '50s.  Positivity is around 7% with 150 thousand tests per day, three times the amount of daily tests than in March when the positivity rate was over 20%. Currently, 6000 in hospitals and 600 in intensive care.

As discussed before, CFR is still quite a 'fuzzy' figure that declines with more tests taken.  I haven't seen anyone able to use it outside monitoring very local performance, i.e., hospital or city, maybe province/state.

In any case, our 'second wave' is definitely 'here' with masks mandated, gatherings restricted, and closure of restaurants and bars between 10 and 11 pm.  Schools and businesses remain open.  Unless deaths really go up, I expect no country-wide lockdowns as in March.  Extra hospital and intensive care capacity left unused after the first wave is being reactivated.

The big difference will be that this time 'round is that a second wave was expected, testing is way up, helping to isolate folks quickly, PPE is available in quantity, systems are in place to help prevent infections among the most vulnerable, doctors and nurses have more experience dealing with an influx of patients and managing their care along with a long break to recover emotionally and physically from the first wave.

Overall, cautiously optimistic.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1830 on: October 17, 2020, 05:50:58 AM »
I can only wonder if this European surge is because of irresponsible, lack of their respective leadership. Maybe even its citizens are simply selfish bastards?!? I don’t know because their lockdown programs was apparently so successful , although I wouldn’t really know because I don’t live there to coherently discuss the matter with anyone who does.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 05:52:50 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

« Reply #1831 on: October 17, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »
GQ,

Hard to pinpoint, but coincides exactly with vacation (August) and the beginning of school (15 September).  More use of mass transit and plenty of young folks partying etc. along with complacency. 

Hopefully, the new measures will start having effects in the coming weeks.  Folks do seem to be getting with the program, masks in all open places, and even in cars if anyone other than immediate family is inside.

We'll see..

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:16:29 AM by BC »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1832 on: October 20, 2020, 06:35:22 AM »
Daily COVID infections are increasing in Europe and the same is expected for the US in the near future.  This sounds bad, yet two charts prepared by the NYTimes show becoming infected the is not as harmful based on hospitalizations and deaths. 

First, number of patients currently hospitalized. 

Second, deaths.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1833 on: October 20, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »
NYTimes presented a third chart  showing part of the uptick in number of cases is due to the nation doing more tests and is smarter about where to find infections.

Offline Rosco

« Reply #1834 on: October 21, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »
The liberal press continue to accuse Sweden of atrocities and consider it a disaster zone, yet its one of the few European countries currently on the UK Government approved travel corridor. i.e. its safe to visit and return without quarantining. Facts are funny things.

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1835 on: October 21, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »

A 28 yo volunteer involved in AstraZeneca and Oxford University’s coronavirus vaccine trial has died. It's possible it may not be a vaccine related death.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/volunteer-astrazeneca-coronavirus-clinical-trial-dies
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1836 on: October 22, 2020, 05:53:55 AM »
Here's a clue BillyB.. Was the taking the placebo?... VERY possibly ;)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1837 on: October 22, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1838 on: October 25, 2020, 07:20:52 AM »
Mouthwashes may help lower the transmission and spread of the coronavirus, according to a new study.
In the study, published in the Journal of Medical Virology, researchers investigated over-the-counter mouthwashes and nasal rinses commonly found in drug stores and supermarkets, since both types of products “directly impact the major sites of reception and transmission of human coronaviruses (HCoV)” — namely, the mouth and nose — and “may provide an additional level of protection against the virus.”
To find out whether mouthwashes and nasal rinses would be effective against the coronavirus, the researchers tested a common human coronavirus known as 229e — one of several strains that typically only cause mild infections like the common cold, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — not SARS‐CoV‐2, which is the virus associated with COVID‐19.
http://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2020/10/21/mouthwash-could-inactivate-human-coronaviruses-that-cause-infections/24658123/
OTOH----
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/10/23/mouthwash-and-baby-shampoo-impact-coronavirus-studies/

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1839 on: October 25, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »
Something interesting is happening, virus cases are sharing up in many countries but death rate is only going up a little. I know it takes a few weeks to follow through but its really looking like a different situation to the first wave. Looks like in general either the virus has changed to transmitting more easily but less deadly or people are building up resistance to it, or both. In many countries the infection rate has rocketed these past few days.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1840 on: October 26, 2020, 01:10:53 AM »
Sighs...

Trench,
'We' know how to treat the respiratory issues, now..

Also, THIS time, many mores cases in western nations with Students..often asymptomatic..

Offline Rosco

« Reply #1841 on: October 26, 2020, 04:11:03 AM »
And still.......less people in Sweden are dying daily/weekly/annually than the yearly average over the last 5. Covid is still doing the rounds but the one country who has taken a significantly different route in terms of strategy, is showing remarkable data. It's a multi varied analytic approach and debunks plenty debates sparked by opposition.

*For those who want to argue against the Swedish strategy, please read the link below and absorb the facts, before waffling on about Finland.

http://emanuelkarlsten.se/number-of-deaths-in-sweden-during-the-pandemic-compared-to-previous-years-mortality/

Offline Rosco

« Reply #1842 on: October 26, 2020, 04:15:02 AM »
Swedish economy dodges Covid bullet - says Danske Bank.

Sweden will outperform its Nordic neighbours as well as escaping the depths of recession expected to befall the eurozone and US, according to forecasters at Danske Bank....

We all knew it, yet some like to use a 3 month period during a global lockdown and a comparison to Finland as a reason for the Swedes economic argument to be destroyed. I've always preferred facts to emotion when it comes to forming an opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/10/06/swedish-economy-dodges-covid-bullet-says-danske-bank/

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1843 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:15 AM »
That’s awesome. I’m incredibly happy for Sweden!!!

:clapping:

Offline msmob

« Reply #1844 on: October 26, 2020, 05:09:22 AM »
Rosco

We have a Swedish member with whom I do not seem to agree politically, who lurks and occasionally posts.

I await him telling you that Stockholm hasn't got a BIG issue with new cases.

Let's deal in known FACTS

1/ Sweden has had 10 times more deaths than it's two physically connected neighbours and 5 times more than Denmark to the south.

2/ Sweden's economy performed proportionally worse than Finland's in QTR2

3/ Antibodies present numbers in Stockholm suggest 'herd mentality' is a myth - low double figures

So, try to tell us 'Sweden's leadership handled it better' and I will simply show you those facts.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1845 on: October 26, 2020, 05:16:10 AM »
New cases Sweden, Norway and Finland compared

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/norway/

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/finland/

The later nations have populations half that of Sweden and nowhere near their new cases

Offline Rosco

« Reply #1846 on: October 26, 2020, 05:20:36 AM »
Rosco

We have a Swedish member with whom I do not seem to agree politically, who lurks and occasionally posts.

I await him telling you that Stockholm hasn't got a BIG issue with new cases.

Let's deal in known FACTS

1/ Sweden has had 10 times more deaths than it's two physically connected neighbours and 5 times more than Denmark to the south.

2/ Sweden's economy performed proportionally worse than Finland's in QTR2

3/ Antibodies present numbers in Stockholm suggest 'herd mentality' is a myth - low double figures

So, try to tell us 'Sweden's leadership handled it better' and I will simply show you those facts.

Are you trolling Moby?

I clearly asked anyone who was about to fumble into this post and rattle on a load of rubbish about Finland, to actually read the links. The data regarding mortality is phenomenal in Sweden and I wont be wasting time playing silly games with you.

In terms of the economy, again read what I linked. Comparing the much smaller economy of a country close to Sweden, which shrank slightly less under a global pandemic for 120 days only, isn't a strong place to hang your coat. Experts better qualified than both you and I are telling us that Sweden will perform better than almost everyone, including its Nordic neighbours.

Come back to me with sensible debate or I'll report your post for trolling. You're like a broken record, churning out old news.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1847 on: October 26, 2020, 05:26:12 AM »
Rosco, my pointing out facts you try to ignore is 'trolling', now ... ?

Anybody would think you were desperately 'auto suggesting' ;)

I used the term proportionally in comparing Finland and Sweden ..the comparison is as 'fair' as the figures that do not lie as to the abject failure of Sweden's policy and their need to cover up the correspondence re 'herd immunity' that went missing ... but the Finnish govt specialists didn't 'lose' their end of the correspondence ....

Offline Rosco

« Reply #1848 on: October 26, 2020, 05:30:32 AM »
Rosco, my pointing out facts you try to ignore is 'trolling', now ... ?

Anybody would think you were desperately 'auto suggesting' ;)

I used the term proportionally in comparing Finland and Sweden ..the comparison is as 'fair' as the figures that do not lie as to the abject failure of Sweden's policy and their need to cover up the correspondence re 'herd immunity' that went missing ... but the Finnish govt specialists didn't 'lose' their end of the correspondence ....

Oh look, the old apples and pears argument!!  :wallbash: Where's your Belgium comparison where they locked everyone down but have terrible death rates compared to Sweden? Ahhh.....those facts don't fit your narrative.

5,800 deaths from 11 million people in Sweden. Nearly all of them from care homes, terminally ill and people with multiple health issues whose days were numbered. If you were under 70, you had almost 100% chance of surviving covid yet you want to lock everyone down and destroy the economy. And after that first spike, they now have less deaths on a daily/monthly/annual basis than at any time over the last 5 years. Tell me how that's a terrible thing again?

People dying of cancer because they don't get the diagnosis or treatment. Children not being educated. Domestic abuse soaring. Mental health issues through the roof. Suicide is now one of the biggest killers whilst covid struggles to make the top 20.

Just admit that you're wrong about Sweden Moby. It's like being offended.....nothing actually happens.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 05:45:59 AM by Rosco »

Offline BC

« Reply #1849 on: October 26, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »
This recent articles has some interesting information.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-10-sweden-guns-covid-cases.html

And while images in the media occasionally show crowded city buses and restaurants, surveys by the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency found that 80 percent of Swedes have changed their behaviour as a result of recommendations.

They are working from home or limiting social contacts—even though there are no fines or sanctions for disregarding them.

In the Sodermalm neighbourhood of Stockholm, where mostly unmasked cyclists and pedestrians hurried to work during the morning rush hour, Roger Palmqvist told AFP he trusted the Swedish approach.

But he acknowledged the lighter Swedish touch would probably not work everywhere.

"There's nothing that forces you, but Swedes are like that you know, they follow (rules)," said the 60-year-old sea captain, noting that cultures were different in other parts of Europe.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1969
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM