It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Third Time Lucky in Kiev  (Read 45834 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
I mean solely financially.  For the most part women, above all else, seek security.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »

You will have more FSUW reject you because you are African American.  It will be tougher for you than for a Caucasian.

ML is correct.  The true test is whether the woman stays with you when she is independently secure.

I know it will amaze some of the members here, but there were girls who
rejected my charming, humorous and stunningly handsome self. Obviously
those weren't the girls for me. I was only interested in the girls who were
interested in me.

This is a numbers game. Some of the girls will reject Big Tex for one reason
or another, he doesn't want any of those girls anyway, he wants a girl who is
going to be excited to meet him. So if he has to write a hundred girls per week,
then he needs to write a hundred girls per week. He can only marry one, so the
more girls he sifts through the more likely he is to find a good one who really
likes him.

I have no idea how many letters I wrote. I know it's in the many, many
thousands. I rejected many an FSUW but I was rejected by far more.
Luckily there are millions and millions of unmarried FSUW running
around and some of them will think that Big Tex is a great catch.
Those are the ones he needs to find, the way to find them is by
writing lots of letters.

That's my opinion at least. 

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »
ML you say easy? I've been on elenasmodels a month and 90% of my email never gets read 5% reject me without looking at my profile and 5% read the mail but never respond.

30 days in and I've communicated with no one. I'm starting to feel like a leper. I'd think I'm at least worth a scammers time. 😂

Nice post trench!  Again congrats and I wish you the life and love you've been seeking.

Hmmm. Might be a profile information content or initial contact letter issue.

Keep your contact letter narratives short and to the point. Three paras max, introduce yourself, explain why her profile attracted you and one or two questions in relation to her own profile information.

Avoid contractions edit: or slang (messes up translators) and spell check your communication.

Make sure your profile images don't project anything unsavory, self centered or showing off, are focused and background neutral.

Whatever profile info you are providing should be clear, concise and not rambling or contradictory.

Do a technical review of your profile/membership. Make sure you haven't pushed any buttons or checked off any windows that restrict or disallow anyone from contacting you.

Don't get frustrated if you're not being inundated with requests, patience is a virtue as they say. Conversely, don't dive in feet first when/if you do start getting requests/expressions of interest. Keep your wits about you and be vigilant (not overly suspicious but vigilant). ;)

All the best with your endeavor.

Brass

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:50:05 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 11:18:26 AM »
The true test is whether the woman stays with you when she is independently secure.

There are a few FSU women I communicated with that have no ambition to be independently secure. They don't want to work or pursue higher education. Many of those ladies are beautiful enough to easily find another man and jump ship should their main man someday fail to support the lifestyle they desire. Guys would need to worry about those women leaving after they get a green card since they don't need to be independently secure.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »
Like as in earns a decent wage with a bit in the bank, maybe drives car, etc?

Or may be she hooks up with an agency and splits the cash with the translator on each letter and chat. ;D

Offline wallm

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:38 AM »
What about you Wall, how's things going with you're girl? Do you find being apart a real pain? I'm finding messaging and Skype while being something is kind of a cruel irony in that your kind of in contact with your girl but cannot be with her which is where you want to be, so hard in a way. Plus she only has her camera phone for Skype so quality & connectivity while being kind of ok is usually not great adding to the issue and on top of that and her English is not fluent. Still though we enjoy what we can of Skype. But I'm really wanting to get back to her pronto :P

You are lucky to be so close to her. If I were you, I would make a trip every month. At the least you will lessen the chances of getting blown up in jolly old England. ;D
I am going back in July to see her. Viber has been our friend. Skype 2-3 times a week. She still works 2 jobs. I will give her some cash to quit the evening job IF I we are headed in the right direction.

If this doesn't work, I am calling Eduard. :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 12:00:44 PM »
You are lucky to be so close to her. If I were you, I would make a trip every month. At the least you will lessen the chances of getting blown up in jolly old England. ;D
I am going back in July to see her. Viber has been our friend. Skype 2-3 times a week. She still works 2 jobs. I will give her some cash to quit the evening job IF I we are headed in the right direction.

If this doesn't work, I am calling Eduard. :D

Yep you have a point there ;D

Well, we are meeting up on holiday in the Med in about 5 weeks time now, I can't wait and apparently neither can she :D Naturally I'm paying for her but I can tell she loves me and she's not just after holidays. She's stated numerous times of her wish to be with me permanently, forever. So this is very good news for me and apparently for her. Visiting her hometown would of course cut down on costs a little but she lives in cramped conditions there so I would have to book an apartment. I can only take a week of work every 6 weeks and she is much the same on that one. So we have this pain of a six weekly period apart each time which I think is telling on us since we wish to be together. I have come up with a solution to this and will discuss with her next time we meet. I could do a long weekend such is the nature of my work giving me about 2-3 clear days taking into account flight time with her but this is still not really a solution. Plus I get the impression she is not too keen for me to see where she lives till we are a little more down the road relationship wise as its old tower block stuff then the odd issue with family relations, i.e not attractive scenery - this does not bother me I couldn't care less but I think she feels a little embarrassed/awkward about it, a woman thing I think.

Anyway, you do well to Skype with your lady that often if she's putting the work hours in. Mine too works many hours and I feel bad about it but hopefully we can change all that soon. Seems to be the way over there, the economy is in a bad way & then there is the traditional women earning way less than men so they are kind off very much at the rough end of it all which even for an anti-feminist like me seems too harsh a treatment, especially for a lady.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 02:09:45 AM »
Not trying to be negative at all, but . . . it takes no big effort to get an FSU gal to date you or even marry you.  So I don't deem such a 'success' story.

Real success can be claimed years and years later, if the two of you survive each other.

Quite..

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:15:48 AM by msmob »

Offline Bigtex

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 05:46:30 AM »
going to be excited to meet him. So if he has to write a hundred girls per week,
likes him

That's the ultimate argument for wmvm!

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
Yep you have a point there ;D

The point being wallm(art) is more likely to die in an accident at home, shot in a shopping mall or be mauled by a mad cow... in the USA than die in a terrorist attack in 'England'...

Good luck with your holiday, Trench...   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »
likes him

Write to all the girls. Go after every number in the lottery, you're going to win. You'll be exhausted but you'll be a winner.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »

In my opinion, the best argument is what feels right for you, your personality,
your situation etc.  Some people like sifting the girls up front via letters (visit one),
others like to see if there is any chemistry first (visit many).

What works best for Floyd in Florida might be totally different than what works best
for Bob in Bakersfield.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 03:44:57 AM »
Re the Wovo / Wmvm ' thing' - I don't think anyone can tell - until they've tried both ;)

BTW Trench,

Would your lass spell Kyiv or Kiev in English ?;)

Offline Bigtex

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:15 AM »
As far as wovo vs wmvm, I'm not a player in any way. At the point that any relationship I've been in turned physical, I stopped seeing any other women I was dating.

So wovo is a natural fit for how I do things, but there's no physical contact and 20 hours is a loooong trip one way to have all eggs in one basket. I'm going to Mila in Kharkov, so plans b thru z aren't going to be a problem. But, I'd like to meet someone on my own and have a repore with her before I go.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
As far as wovo vs wmvm, I'm not a player in any way. At the point that any relationship I've been in turned physical, I stopped seeing any other women I was dating.

So wovo is a natural fit for how I do things, but there's no physical contact and 20 hours is a loooong trip one way to have all eggs in one basket. I'm going to Mila in Kharkov, so plans b thru z aren't going to be a problem. But, I'd like to meet someone on my own and have a repore with her before I go.

When visiting many, you need to be able to make a quick assessment and
make a decision. Did you click? did you feel a vibe/connection? if yes, you
make another date with her, if no you never meet her again.

The biggest three mistakes that visit many make are:

1. Dating a girl that you didn't have the vibe/connection with a second time
USUALLY because they are hot and you want to have a vibe/connection.

2. Dating a girl a second time just because you have free time. There is no
dumber reason to waste your time or a girls time when you know she isn't
the one. Don't do it. Instead waste that time finding another girl or savoring
the local history/culture/sites.

3. Not pulling the trigger at all/the candy shop kid syndrome.

4. Common to both visit one and visit many is ignoring red flags or
accepting bad behavior.

Here are some Trip reports that you might want to read.

Operation White Panther
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=13384.0

Novosibirsk Doesn't Believe in Tears: TwoBit's Sixteen Days In Novosibirsk
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=11863.0

From Heaven to Hell... with a broken heart
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=15264.0

My trip report you can find here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:40:16 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline wallm

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
Bigtex, listen to Bill’s advice. The man knows what he is talking about. Go with an open mind but if something doesn’t seem right, act on it. Don’t assume anyone there has your best interests in their heart.

Offline Bigtex

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
I am. I will. I was up past 1 am reading "operation white tiger". I guess I was sleepy and bleary eyed because he went from hoping for a second meeting in Crimea to marriaged with a daughter.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »
Hey Bigtex,

My best advice to you is this: They are women, just like the ones down the street from you.

The only difference is that you have an accent when you get there and will be considered exotic.

If you feel wovo is the best approach to you do what you feel confortable with. I'm pretty sure that you can tell if some babe is right for you spending some time skyping with her for a while.

Good Luck
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »
Hey Bigtex,

My best advice to you is this: They are women, just like the ones down the street from you.

The only difference is that you have an accent when you get there and will be considered exotic.

If you feel wovo is the best approach to you do what you feel confortable with. I'm pretty sure that you can tell if some babe is right for you spending some time skyping with her for a while.

Good Luck

I'm surprised you say that if you're married to one Muhz, or perhaps you've been married to a FSW so long you've forgotten what western women are like. The only way they are the same is that they both have the female form, well we hope they do, lol. From my experience and from the girl I'm with western women & FSW are totally different. FSW are a whole new refreshing world to me as a man from the west, feminine, friendly, soft (ok they can be a little direct but that's no problem, good actually) and very much into men, they have no hang ups or relationship issues so long as you're a decent guy & treat them decently. I'm absolutely delighted to be with the girl I'm now in a relationship with. In the west I had little luck with the ladies, even the ones that showed interest were playing me off against umpteen other guys they were also interested in. In the west women I found as difficult to interact with at times, standoffish, changeable demeanour/attitude, tick box marking of guys, holding little value for guys, sometimes even aggressive/hostile attitude towards guys even though they were apparently straight, some girls could be cold as ice, party/social scene obsessed. Bigtex you are doing yourself a tremendous favour to yourself by going for a FSW, women there are so much better than in the west, far better quality all around and of course quantity. Once you get over there and meet up with one, or some you'll see what I mean.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
Trench, you are wrong and Muzh is right.

I have already written about this more than 10 times on here, but I never keep track of what thread, so I have to repeat.

For every gal of quality X in FSU, she has an exact counterpart in USA.

FSU gals are no better than USA gals.

The major difference that you and most of us experience is that we can attract and achieve success with FSU gals that are higher up on the scale (using one or more of several criteria).

Now for this gal that you attract and achieve success with in FSU, there is an exact counterpart gal here in USA using the same criteria.

The big difference is . . . this same gal in USA will not give you the time of day . . . but she is right here in USA for sure.

Why does this situation exist ?  Economics.

If the economics were the same in  FSU as in USA . . . these gals you currently can attract in FSU would not give you  the time of day either.

Now does this mean that you cannot find a sincere gal in FSU who is above your league (using one or more criteria)?  No, it does not.

There are many cases where the FSU gal will 'marry down' to a western guy and, in time, a true love does develop.

But never kid yourself that it is not Economics that gets you started, and stop stating that the same quality of gal does not exist in USA.  She does, but you can't aspire to her.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
A counterpoint

I have dated two FSUW who have been married to or long-term partners of wealthy - VERY wealthy - Oligarchs - they were assuredly better off than me ..hence I disagree with the 'economics' reasoning..

Offline LAman

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
A counterpoint

I have dated two FSUW who have been married to or long-term partners of wealthy - VERY wealthy - Oligarchs - they were assuredly better off than me ..hence I disagree with the 'economics' reasoning..

Could it be they both checked something off their 'bucket list'?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline LAman

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »
Trench, you are wrong and Muzh is right.

I have already written about this more than 10 times on here, but I never keep track of what thread, so I have to repeat.

For every gal of quality X in FSU, she has an exact counterpart in USA.

FSU gals are no better than USA gals.

The major difference that you and most of us experience is that we can attract and achieve success with FSU gals that are higher up on the scale (using one or more of several criteria).

Now for this gal that you attract and achieve success with in FSU, there is an exact counterpart gal here in USA using the same criteria.

The big difference is . . . this same gal in USA will not give you the time of day . . . but she is right here in USA for sure.

Why does this situation exist ?  Economics.

If the economics were the same in  FSU as in USA . . . these gals you currently can attract in FSU would not give you  the time of day either.

Now does this mean that you cannot find a sincere gal in FSU who is above your league (using one or more criteria)?  No, it does not.

There are many cases where the FSU gal will 'marry down' to a western guy and, in time, a true love does develop.

But never kid yourself that it is not Economics that gets you started, and stop stating that the same quality of gal does not exist in USA.  She does, but you can't aspire to her.

ML, to expand on what you are saying, when an FSU gal gets to X country, once there, SHE will be the one economics will come into play and she will( possibly) 'move up' the ladder.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
Could it be they both checked something off their 'bucket list'?

That's quite witty ....

Now if I can just figure out why they spent/(d) six years of their lives and what I 'ticked/ing ' off for them..... 

In the meantime, it kinda back up my contention that 'economics' wasn't / isn't the primary gain / aim ..?!

Offline JayH

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
I'm absolutely delighted to be with the girl I'm now in a relationship with.

Define what you are describing as a "relationship"?
Is this any more than a penpal ?( on Skype)  Or have you actually met in real life?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1990
Total: 2000

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM