It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip to Russia  (Read 36314 times)

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: First trip to Russia
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »
I have decided I have spent enough money in this venture so I am going to wrap things up with my Russian Lady friend. I got a email back from her that she does not want a two room suite, she wanted completely separate rooms altogether. Which I guess I cant blame her, and she is willing to pay for the room herself, but fortunately I was going to reserve at a closed resort, were I can get a suite for 7 days everything included for $1000. I am sure some of the US veterans on here will know what I am talking about. What did me in with her was the persistence of staying on the PPL site.

I went ahead and spent $30 bucks on a month memberships with R__cupid.com and already found two ladies on there willing to just communicate via email both extremely beautiful. So off I go again on typing emails.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2019, 09:01:51 PM »
wise move...
an even wiser one is to pick Ukraine over Russia...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:07:04 PM by krimster2 »

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2019, 01:02:56 AM »
  But I have told her I want to start using Skype or something else and left it up to her to decide if she wants to continue to communicate with me.

I don't understand, I thought you wrote here previously that you speak mainly with this girl on Skype and only use ppl site for a letter once per week?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2019, 02:35:11 AM »
I don't understand, I thought you wrote here previously that you speak mainly with this girl on Skype and only use ppl site for a letter once per week?
we do, but she constantly asked about when I was going to write her, and she misses my letters.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2019, 11:18:16 AM »
we do, but she constantly asked about when I was going to write her, and she misses my letters.

Yeah, misses the money from them, lol. In that case I think you did right to ditch her as that's an even bigger Red Flag.

I'm pretty certain having read that, that she would have tried to offload the room cost on you, or perhaps not even turned up.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GenMish

« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2019, 10:00:18 AM »
I am sorry this didn't work out for DC, just two things to add as she might not be a scammer
1) She was willing to meet in Moscow, but DC couldn't go there
2) I understand the two room issue, as fine Russian Women want respect more than anything else, especially to the man she is going to marry

I got an interpreter in Moscow that is awesome, his English is better than mine and his Russian is 10x better. He wont play the commission game, so you will learn pretty quick if translation is the issue. Just message me if you want his viber number

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2019, 10:39:03 AM »
All I can say is what a load of tosh.  In my growing experience UK women mess you about 3rd date is sex and for the rest of the relationship supply of sex is a control measure.  F s u for some reason sex is a first date conclusion with the woman wanting more sex than the man can physically supply.  Dating agencies I've really noticed usa men would rather pay someone to do the spade work and get all upset when they get conned.  I see usa men whining into their phones at the airport for someone to help them out rather than sorting themselves.  Ukraine  is one of the great frontiers if you kick arse but if you go in all westernized you deserve to get ripped off.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2019, 10:41:21 AM »
If it's not what's app or Viber video calls you never even got started.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
I am sorry this didn't work out for DC, just two things to add as she might not be a scammer
1) She was willing to meet in Moscow, but DC couldn't go there
2) I understand the two room issue, as fine Russian Women want respect more than anything else, especially to the man she is going to marry.

There might be that but DC would never really know if he was being played or was a matter of respect if he did go through with the whole two room thing. After first meet he would be looking for things to get more cosy for the second meet and indeed her to be into him for there to be a second date. If she still insisted on two rooms then I would say she is playing him.

The thing is if he had travelled to Moscow she might have played him in a different way. DC came up with Spain as he couldn't do Moscow so that may have just played straight into her hands.

There's probably a few modest women in Ukraine but I think more often than not it's an excuse that is used by girls wishing to play guys. Not saying that they are doing sex with local guys all the time but I think as has been said before on here they tend to be less hung up on sex issues there.

I think what James has said is right. DC needs to learn as he goes as most of us do, what means what. If he can't go to Russia then maybe he can go to Ukraine? Ukraine is now Russia's enemy and vice versa and pro western aligned. I think asking a girl to go to Spain is just setting her off on the wrong path to begin with, never mind him. If not Ukraine the perhaps a country just over the border in the EU.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »
F s u for some reason sex is a first date conclusion

You are making far too broad a statement. 

I asked two FSUM about this, one married in his early forties, the other is now in his early thirties, unmarried. 

Their views - this may be true of women in their mid thirties and above, because generally, they are not sought by local men, and there is a shortage of men starting for that age group because of alcoholism.  So, they are sex deprived.  But for the most part, a three date rule holds in Ukraine as well, sometimes even longer.  The other thing they both said is that they would not take a woman who pushes them to bed on a first date seriously as marriage material.

There was one FSUW posting here occasionally, who posted she slept with her husband the first day he arrived in Russia.  They had been corresponding, and calling (pre Skype) for six months, and she felt she knew him well.  On a RW forum, she has boasted of her "exciting" lover.  But she's not willing to leave the boring husband for the lover, because the husband offers her material comfort.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:52:23 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2019, 10:23:56 PM »
I had sex with approximately one third of the FSU women that I met.

Of those, about 25% was sex on first date.
65% or so was sex on dates 2, 3 or 4.
10% was sex on date 5 or more.

Despite the dangerous connotation regarding women who have sex on first date, there were several in that category who were very desirable in most all my criteria.  I wouldn't of all hesitated in marrying most of them due to the sex on first date situation.  It's just for most, there was one or more killer characteristic.

e.g. Too volatile, secret smoking, too much drinking, excessively argumentative, snoring, lazy regarding cooking, cleaning, etc., etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »
It's all down to personal choice.  Looking back apart from a girl when I was 19 every woman  I dated was sex first night .  I don't judge a woman at all by first night sex it's what she's like to live around that counts.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2019, 01:37:15 AM »
I'm not providing any personal opinion on when partners should, or should not, have sex.  I just gave a couple of UM's views on the subject, and posted to dispel the view that sex on a first date is a default in Ukraine. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »

10% was sex on date 5 or more.

She must have been special!   Either that, you were having a bad week.   ;)

Without tabulating and calculating, my statistics were about the same as yours.   And they are about the same as with American women. 

The reason why sex did not occur with 67% is because of the lack of connection.  The attraction built up over countless Skype conversations could disappear during a cup of tea.  Perhaps we would have gone to bed, yet I had no interest.  If I were a younger man, I may have relented to my hormones and betrayed the purpose of my trip.       

I concur the women with whom sex happened early (first or second day) were women with whom compatibility was apparent and strong.   Almost all the women I dated were in their 30s and 40s, so they were experienced.  Also, I assert that sincere women who list themselves on a dating site catering to foreign men are adventurous by nature. 

For women with whom sex happened later, I feel they just needed more time to be sure, yet they did not say goodbye on the first dates before convincing me they really wanted to see me again.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2019, 07:17:20 AM »

Their views - this may be true of women in their mid thirties and above, because generally, they are not sought by local men, and there is a shortage of men starting for that age group because of alcoholism.  So, they are sex deprived.

Maybe this is the case for the general population.  Yet this is not entirely true in Russia for professional women based on my wife and the experiences of her friends. 

A couple of her unmarried friends in their 50s have had long, continuing relationships with younger RM.   An older woman can provide as you say "material comfort."   Others have a normal age relationship.  Others, such as a couple of her widowed friends, have no relationships.   

My wife in her 40s had plenty of attention from prominent RM in her age range.  One asked her to marry him at a very public occasion.   He had the means to provide her with luxury.   The problem, she felt nothing for him, so she declined politely.

I met some FSUW who said they avoided FSUM because they are "bad."  After spending time with these women, I feel their lack of attention derived from their faults as opposed to the faults of the men.  WARNING:  Men be careful of FSUW who claim all FSUM are bad. 

Offline ML

« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2019, 11:52:41 AM »
WARNING:  Men be careful of FSUW who claim all FSUM are bad.
Same as when we say beware of WM who claim that WW are bad.

Note:  I have never said that WW are bad.  My reason for going FSUW had to do with using economic advantage to achieve my desired qualities with a FSUW what I couldn't achieve with WW.

i.e. slender; age still interested in lots of sex.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »

Note:  I have never said that WW are bad.  My reason for going FSUW had to do with using economic advantage to achieve my desired quantities with FSUW what I couldn't achieve with WW.

Fixed that for you...….let's be completely truthful!! ))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Gator

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »

My reason for going FSUW had to do with using economic advantage to achieve my desired qualities with a FSUW what I couldn't achieve with WW.

Slender, young and sexy American women for older dudes can be found with some luck and work.  However, something invariably proved wrong between the ears.   

-    They were stupid,  the type of "stupid" that  can't be fixed and would be an embarrassment in social gatherings.

-    They suffered from some undisclosed mental condition that made getting close impossible and would strain happiness.

And if one passed the "tween the ears" test, she behaved more entitled  than a Russian princess plus wanted a baby.  I like kids, even young kids, but not ready for diapers, sleepless nights, pussy whipped stay at home Dad.  Next would come pee wee soccer practices or recitals where I must smile even though she can not hit a note.   It would have been a disaster.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »
In addition, we don't necessarily have an economic advantage.  Some RM have a lot of jingle in their pocket.  And some RW have enough money combined with an independent nature to not need a husband. 

Offline ML

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2019, 02:04:12 PM »
In addition, we don't necessarily have an economic advantage.  Some RM have a lot of jingle in their pocket.  And some RW have enough money combined with an independent nature to not need a husband.

Good practice calls for using 'normal' situation in a discussion, not outliers.

Offline msmob

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »
The latest 'stats' by long-term members are pretty meaningless

Depends on the lady / chap / age / experience and how long you had communicated before, etc., etc,,

I'm very much a WOVO chap and if I met someone - we already had 'connected' - hence we were meeting -  thus what some call 'success' ensued ...

I was NEVER near that ratio with Western ladies - but I was a lot younger and greener

I have heard the expression "we are adults" from the mouths of not a few FSU ladies

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »

If FSW say FSM are bad it doesn't necessarily mean the converse is true. Different societies,I think here in the west WW really are messed up, not all but most of those on western dating sites are.

I get the point that some FSW will not be chosen by FSM because of a character flaw or whatever and that some of those FSW will point to the bad FSM around. There are of course some bad FSM and those that treat their women badly, if/when they have women. There are also those that are drunks, unfit in some way to be rateable, but yes it generally means other women have beaten the ones complaining about FSM. There are also FSW who will stick with a bad FSM rather than be single.

On the whole though I would say even if the FSW who are left still beat he leftovers of WW on the western dating circuit hands down. A girl with one problem as in the FSU is usually better than a girl with many problems as in the UK.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »
In reply to trench .  I think many people lack a moral compass.  Fsu men seem to have affairs when married with relatively few repercussions.   Western men on the other hand face the wrath of their family society and the legal profession where as the women are deemed to have been driven to it by a poor quality husband.  So basically fsu women and wm are the under dogs in our societies at least in marriage and hence are well suited to each other if they can appreciate each other properly.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
Infidelity is the second leading cause of divorce in Ukraine.  The first is alcoholism.  So, UM don't have affairs "with few repercussions". 

Ukrainians, by and large, are only 1 to 3 generations removed from the village.  Notions of infidelity are fairly strict among peasants.  The idea that UM can just "get away" with infidelity is mistaken.

The idea that men are some sort of "underdog" in the Western world, where men still predominate in politics and in business, is ludicrous.  It's just unrealistic and easily refuted. 

In Canada, adultery has no bearing on custody or division of assets.  It means nothing, for either party.  Women typically receive payments because in our feminized world where men are the underdogs, men still outearn women,  In Canada, men earn $1.00 for every $0.87 earned by men.  I believe it is higher in the US.  Were women outearning men, custody payments would be reversed.  I suspect were you to actually pull the laws, and the statistics, you'd find the same throughout most of the Western world.

Offline msmob

« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2019, 01:23:47 AM »
If FSW say FSM are bad it doesn't necessarily mean the converse is true. Different societies,I think here in the west WW really are messed up, not all but most of those on western dating sites are.

I get the point that some FSW will not be chosen by FSM because of a character flaw or whatever and that some of those FSW will point to the bad FSM around. There are of course some bad FSM and those that treat their women badly, if/when they have women. There are also those that are drunks, unfit in some way to be rateable, but yes it generally means other women have beaten the ones complaining about FSM. There are also FSW who will stick with a bad FSM rather than be single.

On the whole though I would say even if the FSW who are left still beat he leftovers of WW on the western dating circuit hands down. A girl with one problem as in the FSU is usually better than a girl with many problems as in the UK.

Trench

with your VERY limited track record - why do you feel 'able' to post utter tripe about the VERY few women you  have actually 'bonded' with ? ( Either in the UK or FSU ...)

Until you get your own mysongistic issues sorted - you are in NO position to 'advise' or offer an 'opinion' ..You can't get close enough to a lass for long enough to understand 'em (( 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701