Forum > Starting Out

Elena’s Models 2 Weeks Report

(1/45) > >>

bizpat72:
Elena’s Models 2 Weeks Report

Following some readings I did on this forum, a personal review of different FSU women dating sites and suggestions from Jone, I decided to purchase 3 months Gold membership to Elena’s Model. Even though I’m light years away from the knowledge of certain Hero Members here, I thought I’d share my experience to help future members of the forum to start their journey in the world of Former Soviet Union Women.

A few facts about me:
-   I’m 43 but apparently look early 30s --thanks to genetics I guess
-   I have kids in shared custody
-   I don’t speak/read Russian
-   I have never been to Russia/Ukraine
-   I know (or knew) very little about their culture
-   I learned about the FSUW about 2 months ago because an agency opened in Montreal and got lots of news coverage
-   I was about to signup with the agency and stumbled here through a Google search
-   Most of what I learned about FSUW (other than they are very beautiful), I learned from here browsing and reading through forum posts.

Elena’s is no POF.
I’ve been on Match, POF, Tinder and one thing that struck me from the get go is how many requests (better known as EOIs) I was receiving each day on Elena’s even though I use the same set of pictures as I used on the homeland dating sites. I had many dates from Match and POF but it’s a lot of work to stand out from the crowd. On Elena’s, I got EOIs from women ranging between 22 up to 46 y-o. So I got hooked quickly, good thing I was on vacation these last 2 weeks.

Through all the EOI’s I responded positively and the ones I sent and got a Yes, I initiated conversation with 10 women that I identified based on a these criteria:

-   Age range between 32-42
-   Has children (if has children = no then Age greater or equal 40)
-   Profile description must capture me and be longer than one sentence

Some conversations lasted 1 message, others 2, sometimes the language barrier is so difficult that you can barely hold a conversation. I had the pleasant surprise to get 2 long messages in Russian and man… Google Translate does an amazing job! It’s surprising.

Out of the 10 initial conversations, I am now down to 2 and this is where it gets interesting. For some reason, Russia seems to be my Friend. The two women I correspond with now are from the Moscow area and correspond easily in English. In our messages I find that it’s really important to ask them about their life in Russia, their kids, family, they are very proud of their country’s history and themselves as women who (in my age range) went through the USSR to Russia transition. They will ask you very subtle and direct questions to figure out if your values correspond to their strong family values. They know what they want and if you make a faux pas or try to be or act as someone you are not, they’ll figure it out.

After 3-4 days of correspondence on Elena’s I wanted to leave the messaging context of Elena’s so we went to personal email and I’m even already friend on Facebook with one of them. The one I’m FB friend with, we’ve started using Messenger yesterday and oh my God, this has taken our connection to a whole new level. In my quest to making sure I’m not talking to a dude, we talked about her work so she sent me some photos of her work and I was able to find her Google+ page where her portfolio is and I was able to correlate pictures from her portfolio to a bakeries’ website in Moscow. Also her FB profile has tons of photos, I probably saw hundred+ photos of her so I feel confident I’m talking to the right person. And it’s crazy how we connect and think alike on so many things; I don’t know this feels very different, refreshing, fun and exciting at the same time. The other woman, she has a verified profile at Elena’s (had to send a copy of her passport), very different in our emails. She seems very romantic and talks a lot about the life she’s dreaming of. She tells me a lot about Crimea, her family, Russian authors, history, it’s very interesting.

I don’t want to turn this into a who’s going to be voted off the island contest but on the flip side, this is no Tinder’s girl next door. I will keep corresponding with both for a week or two and then I will have to concentrate on one. I have decided to stay away from Elena’s for a little while because I simply don’t want them to see that I go to the site while we are having those very intense conversations.

For newbies, my 2 weeks experience can be resumed by:
-   Give Elena’s a try, I think it’s worth it
-   Be authentic and speak from the heart
-   If in business we say location, location, location, with FSU women it’s Family, Family, Family. You’ll figure it out quickly.
-   Show interests and ask questions about their culture, country and family
-   Be wise with the age gap even if you get requests from relatively young women
-   Do your homework, read forums here and pay attention to what some Hero members have to say.
-   Last but not the least, on Elena’s specifically, manage your 50 contacts limit wisely. Don’t go nuts emailing every girl who sent you an EOI.

Thanks for reading.

BillyB:

--- Quote from: bizpat72 on August 24, 2015, 07:07:13 PM ---I will keep corresponding with both for a week or two and then I will have to concentrate on one.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't hurt to keep contacting other ladies at Elena's and don't dump the women unless you're sure they're are incompatible or you decided to visit your favorite. You can spend weeks communicating with your favorite and then she disappears. Happens to lots of men. She may find a local man, she may have had another foreigner beat you to the punch or she simply decided you're not for her. Get the lady's phone number. You will know how interested she's in you based off her tone of voice and her willingness to let you call her anytime.

msmobyone:
Great advice, Billy

If you start this process, be prepared to meet someone that you would be afraid to 'lose' ...I have beaten a long-term keyboard romeo to the 'punch' - as I got on the plane within two weeks.

Ariovistus:

--- Quote from: msmobyone on August 24, 2015, 11:39:32 PM ---Great advice, Billy

If you start this process, be prepared to meet someone that you would be afraid to 'lose' ...I have beaten a long-term keyboard romeo to the 'punch' - as I got on the plane within two weeks.

--- End quote ---

That feels like the greatest threat, that there is someone else out there ready to beat me to the punch.  >:( I just began about a month ago, and had thought to go in summer. But man... so many sharks in the waters. But I guess just look ahead, hope something lasting comes out of it. I have one girl in Kiev who I cannot believe I am hitting it off with thus far, though its far from closed.

zooble:
It's the same for us guys as it is for the girls. Dating/writing multiple people at the same time and can disappear off the market at any time.

Agree with the others, if you are still in the initial writing phase then I would not commit to just one. That will most likely end in loneliness for you. Also, some relationships never progress past mere friendship.

However, don't get me wrong. You should only be in constant contact with girls you see a future with. If you don't see yourself with one due to <insert big flaw> then I wouldn't take it further as it is just false hope and a waste of time for her.

Depending on how well your first meet goes you may be able to make her exclusive (without a marriage proposal) - you better be too or there will be broken hearts. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version