It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krasnodar  (Read 11384 times)

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Krasnodar
« on: January 23, 2019, 03:35:23 PM »
No, I haven't been yet to the city of Krasnodar, but it is in the sights for the summer of '19. Plans are to go on a trip to Russia for a couple of weeks or so, like last year when I visited Rostov-na-Donu and the great city of Moskva. Wonderful memories, indeed.

I will, God willing as they say, yet again meet my friends and I asked them where they would most of all like to stay for some days. The answer was Krasnodar which the wife in the couple said she visited before and like very much. I asked why Krasnodar and not some other Place? She replied that in her opinion Taganrog is dirty, Rostov crazy and Sochi expensive. One ask and one get straight answers, lol.

I am absolutely sure there are more that one individual here on this forum who has been to Krasnodar in the past. Maybe tell a little about the experience? I read once in a travel site that Krasnodar is considered the Third best city in Russia for expats. It's not that Im gonna move there, just this trip, for now. However I have thought some (maybe daydreaming really) about perhaps sometime in the future buying an Apartment in the South of Russia. There, Crimea or perhaps Sochi. Just a small little thing that suits my taste if possible, but that's another story.

I do find going to Russia and Meeting People and their friends and Family sounds so much more exciting that merely going to, say Bulgaria, walking to and from the Beach every day. I have done the Beach holidays many times, so the allure of that ain't that strong.

We will see what this trip brings, but as I've said, base camp in Krasnodar. The couple owns a car, so they can drive around if we choose to go to Crimea or somewhere else. It's also a matter how many days they can be free for a holiday as they have animals to take care of and she's involved in humanitarian work in Donbass.

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Krasnodar
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »
I'm basing my travels from Krasnodar in a few months. Got a few things planned, a bit of horse riding, hiking  and looked into hiring a boat at Anapa and doing some skurfing, If I can find a cheap  board. Been chatting with a tuning shop that's interested in doing some business. They are involved with the local drift scene and it looks like I've scored a drive at a private practice session..... Can't wait!!!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »
PM Doll. I believe she is from Krasnodar.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »
Honestly, I can think of better places in Russia to make a base to see places..

Sochi IS more expensive than Krasnodar..because more people want to go there ....

I'm not saying Krasnodar is a 'hole'...it's just not what I personally would call a tourist destination

Sochi is less hot in the summer and less cold in the winter

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »
Krasnodar is a cow town.   Like Waterloo, Iowa or some such.   Wouldn't want to spend too much time there unless I had to.   One afternoon was enough for me.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline CaptB

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »
My wife's home city is a very nice place. In the last dozen years it has won the title of "best Russian city" several times. Clean, beautiful and very nice people. About a five or so hour drive Northeast of Sochi. The city is Stavropol.......population just under a half-million.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 09:11:48 PM »
"Krasnodar isn't bad, I lived in Sevastopol about 200 miles West, which is about half the size, and I didn't feel like we lived in "a cow town"
unlike now, where I live in Texas, which at one time, actually WAS a cow town, but now a gated suburban community
in Sevastopol, we had opera, theater, dance, music, my wife took great delight in having huge dinner parties which included Russian Generals, gangsters and minor oligarchs
I was in a Russian "Chorny" amateur archeology club" also known as grave robbers
and we tore up Scythian cemeteries and Crimean battle fields for our finds, and I was given my share and had first buying rights to the rest
the beach that was a 5 min walk from my home was topless and for some reason whenever I took my daughters to the beach
topless women always came and sat next to us

very, very far from a cow town

Offline The Natural

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:58:54 AM »
Krasnodar is a cow town.   Like Waterloo, Iowa or some such.   Wouldn't want to spend too much time there unless I had to.   One afternoon was enough for me.

Hmmm, why? Not enough pretty women? (or men if you prefer)
I have no idea about Krasnodar but I'm willing to try most things, at least once. The guy in the couple has a sister who lives in Krasnodar, but we will probably not meet her as they have some bad relationship for some reason. But his wife sent several photos of her and she's a real knock-out. But they have friends and as I talked about where we could rent, she said not to worry, they have someone who will arrange that for us.

Offline jone

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »

Hmmm, why? Not enough pretty women? (or men if you prefer)
I have no idea about Krasnodar but I'm willing to try most things, at least once. The guy in the couple has a sister who lives in Krasnodar, but we will probably not meet her as they have some bad relationship for some reason. But his wife sent several photos of her and she's a real knock-out. But they have friends and as I talked about where we could rent, she said not to worry, they have someone who will arrange that for us.

Hey Buddy,

You know you're the only one for me.   Seriously.   I knew absolutely no one in that city.   I had a real estate guy drive me around and show me properties, etc. and tell me a little about it.   My take on the city was that it was a central meeting point for all of the farmers from the region.   But what the hell do I know?   I spent months in Chelyabinsk!  By all means, go to K and have fun.   You seem to make friends where ever you go.   You wanted an opinion on the city, I gave it.   But having friends makes any trip worthwhile.   Stop chowing down the Lefsa and Lutefisk and keep us up to date!

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline The Natural

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 04:11:56 PM »
Hey Buddy,

You know you're the only one for me.   Seriously.   I knew absolutely no one in that city.   I had a real estate guy drive me around and show me properties, etc. and tell me a little about it.   My take on the city was that it was a central meeting point for all of the farmers from the region.   But what the hell do I know?   I spent months in Chelyabinsk!  By all means, go to K and have fun.   You seem to make friends where ever you go.   You wanted an opinion on the city, I gave it.   But having friends makes any trip worthwhile.   Stop chowing down the Lefsa and Lutefisk and keep us up to date!

Hello again my friend,

I was just curious and now I know. It's always interesting to read about other people's experiences and adventures, so thanks for that.
Just now as I flipped through some pages here, I saw that the anotherkiwi guy wrote about Krasnodar and he spoke positively about the place. Myself I have no opinion of course, as I've never been there. But you're right, the company you're in is much more important than the venue. Will leave the lefse and lutefisk be and instead go for liquid Beluga mixed with Coca-Cola there and toast for better relations between the superpowers  :D

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:54:25 PM »
Hello again my friend,

I was just curious and now I know. It's always interesting to read about other people's experiences and adventures, so thanks for that.
Just now as I flipped through some pages here, I saw that the anotherkiwi guy wrote about Krasnodar and he spoke positively about the place. Myself I have no opinion of course, as I've never been there. But you're right, the company you're in is much more important than the venue. Will leave the lefse and lutefisk be and instead go for liquid Beluga mixed with Coca-Cola there and toast for better relations between the superpowers  :D

Speaking of which, whatever happened to AK?

Yeah, I'm sure he liked Krasnodar considering despite its relative small populous it's better than NZ where he's from. There's more sheep than people in New Zealand. IINM, the ratio is/was 20:1.  ;D

Anyway, when you go, have a great time Roy!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 08:46:56 PM »
Speaking of which, whatever happened to AK?

He might have fallen off.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
Change of plans!!!

It's life, isn't it? But I'm adaptable to new situations, at least as far as going to Russia on holiday is concerned.
MIL, being a Crimean, found it impossible to get a Schengen visa after her 3 year old previous visa expired, so my wife told me we are going there, so my solo trip is not to be. But I think this will be even better.

For newcomers, a little background history might be in order. I was here on RWD from early 2011 and in late 2012 I married a woman from Kerch, Crimea. She's here in Norway with me, working and studying and we have a wonderful 6 year old son named Erik.

This coming Tuesday we will go to Russia. From Oslo to Moscow and stay a couple of days with my wife's sister and MIL who has travelled up there from Kerch. We will go to an aquarium and watch the killer whales do tricks.
Then one of my priorities will be to exchange Euros for Rubles as there is a cash-only territory in Crimea because of the silly sanctions. But I hope we will have time to look around a little more in Moscow, show our little one a real huge city (we live in a very small place, so that will be different).

Then we will take a 24-hour train ride to Sochi, stay the night there before another train ride to Krasnodar and get a maxi-taxi over the new wonderful Kerch bridge and into Crimea. We have rented a holiday house nearby for 13 days. Private resort, fenced with own beach (sandy). Villa is overlooking the sea of Azov, 3 bedrooms and swimming pool, quite comfortable for our party of 8 people, including my friends from Donetsk.

If I told you I have been looking forward to this holdiday for months on end, I would be putting it mildly.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 11:36:00 AM »
Have fun and stay safe Roy!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »
Interesting that you'd come all the way down to Sochi  all those hours back to K'dor - through which you'll pass on the way TO Sochi - only a DAY ?

Shame - there's DO much to see... (

As for the 'silly sanctions' - they're there for good reason

Offline LAman

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »
Good point Moby....Actually quite funny that some trains from Moscow to Sochi actually stop in Krasnodar!!!!

So what's up with that OP???? Timing? Adding another 9-10 hours of train time? Do you like trains???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline The Natural

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
Have fun and stay safe Roy!

Thanks for that. Will have fun and have always felt safe when in Russia.
Good point Moby....Actually quite funny that some trains from Moscow to Sochi actually stop in Krasnodar!!!!

So what's up with that OP???? Timing? Adding another 9-10 hours of train time? Do you like trains???

Well, if you must know, my wife planned the trip and ordered the tickets. I think that particular train do not stop in Krasnodar. So what if it's a few extra hours of train travel? We like traveling by train and besides, we've never been to Sochi. This trip which is over 3 weeks is not about getting from A to B as quickly as possible, instead enjoying the trip.

Offline LAman

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
Thanks for that. Will have fun and have always felt safe when in Russia.

Well, if you must know, my wife planned the trip and ordered the tickets. I think that particular train do not stop in Krasnodar. So what if it's a few extra hours of train travel? We like traveling by train and besides, we've never been to Sochi. This trip which is over 3 weeks is not about getting from A to B as quickly as possible, instead enjoying the trip.

Well, train tickets can always be exchanged. I am sure your 6 yr old will have extra fun on that extra long train ride.

You mentioned about wanting to spend 'more time looking around in Moscow', well you could have spent an extra 10 hrs in Moscow instead extra 10 hrs on train and an overnight in Sochi??

There are some cool things in Moscow for your kid.

http://kudago.com/msk/kids/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:37:50 PM by LAman »

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:34 AM »
Actually quite funny that some trains from Moscow to Sochi actually stop in Krasnodar!!!!

;)

Why's it funny - it's en route - the most direct route - to Sochi from Moscow ? !

@The Natural - I am not aware of ANY train that doesn't stop at Krasnodar from
Sochi - en route to Moscow or vice-versa

http://pass.rzd.ru/tickets/public/en?STRUCTURE_ID=704&refererPageId=4819&layer_name=e3-route&tfl=1&st0=Moscow&code0=2000000&dt0=09.06.2019&st1=SOCHI&code1=2064130&checkSeats=0

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:27:15 AM by msmob »

Offline LAman

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 07:33:50 AM »
;)

Why's it funny - it's en route - the most direct route - to Sochi from Moscow ? !

@The Natural - I am not aware of ANY train that doesn't stop at Krasnodar from
Sochi - en route to Moscow or vice-versa

It is funny(not laughing funny) because going through an area then coming back to it. Doesn't make sense.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »

It is funny(not laughing funny) because going through an area then coming back to it. Doesn't make sense.

NOT how your original comment  reads to me  ( Krasnodar being the regional capital ) ...  but OK ;)

Offline The Natural

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 09:30:19 AM »
I'm glad you two find it funny...what I find funny is how you obsess with our route from Moscow to Sochi, haha.

I didn't research any of this as I told you. My wife did.
But as this is of such importance apparently, I had a look at the tickets and it states:
102M departing Moscow at 14:10 and using your link, I can see no stops in Krasnodar.

http://pass.rzd.ru/tickets/public/en?layer_name=e3-route-info&train_num=102%D0%9C&date=09.06.2019&code0=2000000&code1=2064130#/train-route?layer_name=e3-route-info&train_num=102%D0%9C&date=09.06.2019&code0=2000000&code1=2064130

PS: thanks for the link BTW, will print out the stops the train DO make  :D

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
Hi Natural

Sorry, mate..I realise it is not your plan)

I am 'obsessing' as I know the journey and what your lady has planned is a logistical 'craziness')). Better to arrive in K'dor recover and take a suburban train to enjoy the view along the coast..

Much better viewing

Take care

Offline The Natural

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »
Hi Natural

Sorry, mate..I realise it is not your plan)

I am 'obsessing' as I know the journey and what your lady has planned is a logistical 'craziness')). Better to arrive in K'dor recover and take a suburban train to enjoy the view along the coast..

Much better viewing

Take care

Alright, but it's best to leave some of the decisions up to the significant other, you know  ;)
I can't even claim to have paid for it as she did that, haha.

Anyyyway, here's something that I really could spend a lot of time "Viewing":

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »
That looks like a double-decker. She had a lower deck...judging by the view out the window.

They are the best sleeper trains...

I like the Suburban trains as they have open carriages and one can see out both sides when coming down the coast.

I will post photos of the different types of trains tomorrow.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM