It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dozens of Russian Olympic athletes were part of a massive doping campaign  (Read 14962 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Many of you might remember commie countries doping during the soviet era to build up their Olympic medal total.

The Russian olympic officials have continued this tradition and even improved on it. The director of the anti-doping laboratory devised a three-drug cocktail of banned substances and relied upon a conspiracy of Russians to carry out the most successful doping ploys in Olympic history during the sochi olympic games.

Russian anti-doping experts and intelligence people broke into the supposedly tamper-proof urine bottles and substituted clean urine for urine tainted with banned substances.

The director fled the country. Two of his colleagues died unexpectedly within weeks of each other.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
I think most Olympic athletes are on drug programmes.  Most don't get caught, though.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
I think most Olympic athletes are on drug programmes.  Most don't get caught, though.

Correct. To compete at half that level for most sports the athletes use PED's.

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10

Complete and utter rubbish.It is a ridiculous comment.
If you had said   "Russian" athletes --then it would have been closer to the mark.
Russia has a culture of dishonesty,cheating as a way of life -promoted from the top.

It is exactly the sort of ignorance your post promotes that drug cheating is justified because "everyone" does it.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3

Complete and utter rubbish.It is a ridiculous comment.
If you had said   "Russian" athletes --then it would have been closer to the mark.
Russia has a culture of dishonesty,cheating as a way of life -promoted from the top.

It is exactly the sort of ignorance your post promotes that drug cheating is justified because "everyone" does it.

"percentages of male steroid users per population in the United States.
2.7% of all middle school students (ages 9 to 13)
4.7% of all 7th to 12th graders (ages 12 to 17)
6.6% of all 12th graders (age 17)
54% of competitive bodybuilders
Over 90% of professional bodybuilders
It’s safe to say these are underestimations.

Most of these estimates were based on self-reporting. "

15 year old study, steroid use now has dramatically increased

http://goo.gl/jOjClO

when your livelihood depends on what position you place, you would do all it takes to win.

:cluebat:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:12:11 PM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia

Maybe many years ago.  However, the rigorous, independent testing procedures have curtailed the use of PEDs in the US.   

Analyze the statistics for professional baseball.  Longevity of players and their annual performances have declined from 10-15 years ago.  I understand the Olympics testing is more thorough than the testing of baseball players. 

Nevertheless, some baseball players still try PEDs and when caught they face severe penalties.   

The Russian testing procedures were replete with bribes, arm twisting, and cheating  to look the other way.  Russia's Olympics program is dirty.  Here is 60 Minutes coverage of the Russian doping.  Entitled "Russia's Dark Secret," the story aired Sunday and is consistent with the NY Times study.     

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-russian-doping-at-sochi-winter-olympics-exposed/

Offline alex330

Maybe many years ago.  However, the rigorous, independent testing procedures have curtailed the use of PEDs in the US. 

I disagree. Usage is higher than ever. We have life extension clinics on every corner here in Florida. Pros run short cycles and are always a step ahead with new prohormone formulas that pass the tests.

LEO uses them, our military runs gear, MMA fighters use them, kids in high school run gear, old men run TRT doses, and the average guy in the gym uses them.

Offline JayH

Steroid taking body builders   and what pretty boy gym junkies  do has Nothing to do with Olympic athletes.
Likewise--the supervison of internal    of some US sports  does not comply with nor do they submit to the WADA code of most international and  all Olympic sports.

To say that there is systematic cheating (other than by the Russians-- and some Chinese examples from time to time )  is a nonsense.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
WADA may ask the IOC to retest the Russian urine sample from the Sochi Games. Possibly they'll lose their medals. The Reuters link is on More Bad News for Russia.

Offline JayH

WADA may ask the IOC to retest the Russian urine sample from the Sochi Games. Possibly they'll lose their medals. The Reuters link is on More Bad News for Russia.

On the information available WADA should be insisting ALL Russian tests should be redone  & redone.
The suspensions should go beyond the cheating competitors--but all the way to the top of the administration-- and those that gave them to orders/approval.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
"percentages of male steroid users per population in the United States.
when your livelihood depends on what position you place, you would do all it takes to win.

:cluebat:

DK

I'm trying to 'get' how your info is relevant to Olympic athletes.....
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
DK

I'm trying to 'get' how your info is relevant to Olympic athletes.....

Shows people are willing to "cheat", if possible. You can cheat a drug test, most of you know nothing about PED's, and their half-lives. If it is possible to cheat, someone will cheat, that is for sure. It is no secret that Olympic athletes use PED's, chess players are using steroids now, it is in golf even.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:39:46 AM by dragonkid »

Offline msmobyone

So, your info wasn't relevant

I think many athletes would be insulted by your insinuation - wanting to win without cheating
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
So, your info wasn't relevant

I think many athletes would be insulted by your insinuation - wanting to win without cheating

They can't win without cheating, when you reach that level, PEDs take you to a different level. If the next person is using drugs, you either use it, or quit the sport, especially if it is something very physically demanding.I just showed you the mentality of Americans, kids are using PEDS, so why wouldn't a grown adult who has the eyes of the world on them,their country support, be in the history books, and make some money off the fame, not use PEDs?

You and jay are ignorant on the topic, the two of you know nothing about PEDs, their effects, and where they actually take you.In sochi games many russians were allowed to get away with it, but in other games be assured, it happens, but the steroid cycles will vary, timings will be different, maybe even throw in drugs that have a longer half-life if they are more potent for example.

This isn't about if they took the drugs, it is about what their steroid cycle was, how long it lasted, what drugs did they take, were they on whilst they were competing?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:18:50 AM by dragonkid »

Offline JayH

You and jay are ignorant on the topic, the two of you know nothing about PEDs, their effects, and where they actually take you

First off--be careful who you include me with in your comments- do you never learn anything?

Second-- you know zero about what I know-- and in particular about drug taking and athletes .You know and understand very little- your comments show that.
So far -- all you have shown on forum is your ignorance-- and here you go again.

As to the idea  you can't win without cheating-- nonsense.This last week or so A Russian athlete has been stripped of a London Olympics Gold Medal for drug cheating  and the medal will soon be presented to the guy that was drug free .
That is something 16 Russian medalists from Sochi have to look forward exposure of their cheating.

You make wild generalised comments that may relate to your limited knowledge of steroid taking bodybuilders  and pretty boy gym junkies-- but you have zero knowledge about elite athletes and competition-- and even less of the drug testing methodology.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member

You make wild generalised comments that may relate to your limited knowledge

To say that there is systematic cheating (other than by the Russians-- and some Chinese examples from time to time )  is a nonsense.

Really now? What have you exactly posted on here other than wild accusations? I know a lot more than you because i am into an active lifestyle, after spending a few years , i researched and understood that natural just means finding a way to beat a test at a competitive level.

Watch this video, they talk about comparing lab results to athletes previous results to catch new ways that some athletes are using to cheat. If the tests previously were 100% unbeatable, they wouldn't need to find new ways into catching cheats. Logic, which you don't have. Read about Lance Armstrong he beat plenty of tests, they aren't hard to beat, he is an american cheat

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:24:48 AM by dragonkid »

Offline fathertime

Second-- you know zero about what I know-- and in particular about drug taking and athletes .You know and understand very little- your comments show that.
So far -- all you have shown on forum is your ignorance-- and here you go again.

bluffer...you obviously don't know squat...in other words, pure ignorance as usual!

You and jay are ignorant on the topic, the two of you know nothing about PEDs, their effects, and where they actually take you.In sochi games many russians were allowed to get away with it, but in other games be assured, it happens, but the steroid cycles will vary, timings will be different, maybe even throw in drugs that have a longer half-life if they are more potent for example.

all jayh 'knows' is that on any given subject russia is guilty and nobody else is, and that is that!!   :D

Fathertime! 

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

Watch this video, they talk about comparing lab results to athletes previous results to catch new ways that some athletes are using to cheat.  If the tests previously were 100% unbeatable, they wouldn't need to find new ways into catching cheats. Logic, which you don't have.

The video runs counter to your logic.   The science of PED is always evolving.  The money involved with the Olympics, PEDs, etc. has prompted much private research by "cheaters" using PhD chemists, biochemists, etc. with their GC/MS state-of-the-art analytical capabilities.    Hence, anti-doping laboratories must evolve too.   Analytical procedures that worked in the past would not necessarily detect positive results today.   

Your video explains a new approach used by the laboratories.  The lab compares past testing results for an individual athlete with new samples for the purpose of finding variances in the ratios of naturally occurring hormones.   An anomaly would suggest something fishy. 

Read about Lance Armstrong he beat plenty of tests, they aren't hard to beat, he is an american cheat   

Lance is indeed a cheat, and a prime example of the cheaters' technology evolving to stay ahead of the anti-doping testing.  For example, years ago when a banned steroid was found, his team showed that an unbanned cream contained the steroid.  Lance was "caught" when his teammates decided they would testify against him.  Such is what happened in Russia, an athlete and her husband spilled the beans. 

Offline msmobyone

I had a good 'larf at you suggesting folks whose history you know nothing about are ignorant.

I'm writing less than 1km from the Russian Olympic HQ for several sports and regional HQs for sailing - which is a sport I really know about - like F1

If you actually tried listening for a change - there are plenty of clean athletes who know they aren't on a level playing field but won't 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em'...

I reckon if the IOC held re-award ceremonies at Olympics for those who get medal awarded respectively - showing the cheats - it would help

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member

Lance is indeed a cheat, and a prime example of the cheaters' technology evolving to stay ahead of the anti-doping testing.

So there are ways to beat a test?  :D

Another way of thinking about it is, why would they take the risk and spend money on beating a test which is apparently bullet proof?

I'm writing less than 1km from the Russian Olympic HQ for several sports and regional HQs for sailing - which is a sport I really know about - like F1

So you are a sailing and racing fan, which means you know something about anabolics?I wouldn't even guess anabolic was used in those sports. You are beginning to sound more like a troll each day.

Tyson gay
 ""I don't have a sabotage story," he said last month. "I basically put my trust in someone and was let down. I know exactly what went on, but I can't discuss it right now.""

He hinted at the fact that his team gave him the wrong advice on how to beat the test.If you guys have your heads up your ass thinking this is a russian and china problem only, then no point going any further. You know best Ms, with your racing and sailing experience, just saying that makes me realise you are a troll  :cluebat:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:02:54 AM by dragonkid »

Offline msmobyone

So you are a sailing and racing fan, which means you know something about anabolics?    I wouldn't even guess anabolic was used in those sports. You are beginning to sound more like a troll each day.

I know that silly folk who use them end up with low sperm counts and more than you you could ever forget, I dare say.

I'm feeding a troll - so we'll leave it there - lest you'll start with the bucket mouth...Again

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:55:09 AM by msmobyone »

Offline alex330

Good grief man. The athletes are definitely running gear and they cannot test for half the stuff.

The hgh test they use for the Olympics is flawed. Our NFL players are beating the same test now.

Guys run short insulin based cycles like igf-lr3. Peptides that are undetectable are being used.

Offline JayH

Good grief man. The athletes are definitely running gear and they cannot test for half the stuff.

The hgh test they use for the Olympics is flawed. Our NFL players are beating the same test now.

Guys run short insulin based cycles like igf-lr3. Peptides that are undetectable are being used.

The NFL does to comply or submit to the WADA code. Nor does Baseball.

These are not Olympic not international sports.

Offline JayH

What needs be specifically noted about the OP's post here is that this is not about the ability of testing to catch drug cheats.
What has happened here is the diversion of the test sample--BY RUSSIAN OFFICIALS-- so that the correct samples  were not even those tested--but sample from an earlier time.
The substitution by OFFICIALS is what this case is about.

The WADA code that is the supervising body licenses laboratories to do the testing.It is at that stage the samples have been interfered with.What happened in Sochi was an extention of what has been going on in Russia for some time

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
What happened in Sochi was an extention of what has been going on in other countries for some time

Corrected  ;)

Other countries probably don't take bribes like Russian officials, but drug abuse is not only in Russia, it is happening in other games also, and not everyone is getting caught.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:20:13 PM by dragonkid »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541537
Total Topics: 20869
Most Online Today: 1799
Most Online Ever: 12701