It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to obtain marriage records?  (Read 7000 times)

Offline Aleksandr1

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
How to obtain marriage records?
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:57:20 PM »
I am wondering how to go about searching for marriage records in Russia, particularly St Petersburg?  The reason I'm asking is my ex and I were divorced, but I was given information that she was married one more time than she told me, and if I can prove that it will help me to stop alimony payments because I suspect she never divorced the second man, which would make our marriage invalid.  But I don't even know where to begin.  I don't know the man's name, and so finding the info will be problematic.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How to obtain marriage records?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:30:24 PM »

I would think our embassy would've done a background check to see if she were lying on being single among other things. Maybe she is single. What give you the idea she is all of a sudden still married to somebody else?

Here's the problem. In getting permission from our government to marry the woman, you signed a form stating you'd support this woman for 10 years. I'm sure your alimony isn't going to last that long. Consider yourself lucky the 10 year thing rarely is enforced. Even if you did find out she's still married, you may still have to support her. A judge will look at the circumstances. You import a bad woman(green card scammer) into our country and you want your alimony payments to stop but she'll get social welfare benefits that the rest of Americans have to pay for. Why should the rest of us pay for your mistake? That is what a judge is going to think about. How do you think he's going to rule? The reason your alimony payments seem excessive for a short marriage is because the judge feels English isn't the woman's first language, semi new to the country, makinger her not very employable, and consequently, it'll be awhile before she gets on her feet financially on her own. Even if you prove she's still married to another guy, she's still not employable and either you or us will have to support her.

Google "St Petersburg, russia private detective" and you'll get some ideas on who you can hire. You'll have to pay him and probably there is a fee for the documents if you're even allowed to obtain them. Not sure what the law is pertaining to freedom of information in Russia. You'll also have to pay a professional translator to translate the documents before presenting to an American judge. If you make some progress, let us know how it turns out.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:07:06 AM »
You may have a good case to obtain an annulment. In what country did you marry her? Does she have a green card? We need more details in order to offer any valid advise.

Offline Faikamonrut

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:36:59 AM »
It was very good that I had the opportunity to read good content on this site. It's something I never really knew.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:53:45 AM »
I would think our embassy would've done a background check to see if she were lying on being single among other things.

Ri-ight ....  So YOU think the Americans have access to ZAKs records for all Russia ? ;)))))

Seriously?...

@Faikamonrut:

Such a search will involve a trusted local on the ground in Piter - assuming your ex DID marry and divorce, there.

Good luck

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 01:12:22 AM »
Ri-ight ....  So YOU think the Americans have access to ZAKs records for all Russia ? ;)))))

Seriously?...

@Faikamonrut:

Such a search will involve a trusted local on the ground in Piter - assuming your ex DID marry and divorce, there.

Good luck

No the US consulate would not search through the local records.

If record keeping in St. Petersburg is anything like Kiev (I think yes it is) than Moby is correct. You need a local to assist you.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 01:17:10 AM »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 02:12:51 AM »
definitely worth a "private eye" to go and dig
depends on the size of your alimony, and how much you're willing to spend to get rid of it

I would begin with the source of the information that led you to believe there was another marriage
for 10,000 rubles many Russians would sell you info on their mothers

I have experience doing background checks on people when  I was doing business in Ukraine 10-15 years ago
no private detective, but an actual SBU detective, $50 for a basic background check from SBU files
bank records, property, marriage, etc, basically someone's SBU "jacket"
this is the kind of person you want and not someone submitting your wife's name into some kind of on-line database
and saying "here ya go"
I wonder aloud if there's such a thing in Russia as a "common law" marriage which in the USA would still be considered a marriage, but not a legally registered one
your detective would have to dig more

do you feel that there are elements of your breakup
that you could share, that could be used as "a learning experience"
to show people considering this move, what happens when things "don't work out"
what the warning signs are
what the legal issues are

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:34:09 AM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM