It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Posting Pictures of You and Your Lady  (Read 223162 times)

Offline Markus

• Opted-Out
Posting Pictures of You and Your Lady
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:05:18 PM »
I know AJ has been open in posting pictures of himself and his wonderful lady, but, I am reluctant. I posted photos on that inferior site shortly after my marriage, but, I don't feel the inclination to do it here. Why? I don't that answer. I also have noticed that many folks here have also chosen not to post photos of themselves, so I think I'm not alone in my decision. When posting pics, these pics are available for the world to see.  I'm just curious why other folks have not posted pics of themselves?

Offline Daknack

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:46:57 AM »
I know AJ has been open in posting pictures of himself and his wonderful lady, but, I am reluctant. I posted photos on that inferior site shortly after my marriage, but, I don't feel the inclination to do it here. Why? I don't that answer. I also have noticed that many folks here have also chosen not to post photos of themselves, so I think I'm not alone in my decision. When posting pics, these pics are available for the world to see.  I'm just curious why other folks have not posted pics of themselves?

Never understood why some people have some wierd sense of secrecy with pictures.  My attitude is, if your that paranoid about it you shouldnt go out in public and let people see you.  I can more understand not posting personal information that might be private, but the photo thing is pretty silly.  Then again there are some pretty unattractive people in the world.  If people are that ugly I would hope they dont post a picture.... and not come out in the sunlight. :P ;D :D

PS.  Everytime I post people see my pic.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 04:18:32 AM »
My wife is very particular about where I post our pictures. Even though she never visits RWD, she thinks it is a site for meeting women. I cannot pursuade her otherwise. That is why I left the picture up for only a few days. This is another example of how she never wants outside help and does not think a support group for men is beneficial.

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:12 AM »
Most people do not understand how small the internet can really be. How many 'guests' have come and gone reading all the posts we have here? I have been surprised how some topics and posts have been brought to my attention by persons I never thought would have seen them here. A public forum is a 'public' forum.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline goleta2sin

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:41:46 AM »
Daknack is correct. What are people so worried about? If you or your wife look like you have been hit with a bag of nickels then do spare us the horror.  It is true that beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone.   

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »
Daknack is correct. What are people so worried about? If you or your wife look like you have been hit with a bag of nickels then do spare us the horror.  It is true that beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone.   

I don't know. I love to look a photos of people. With that said I will agree that this is a public forum. With that in mind would you paste a photo of your wife on the wall of a public restroom, the side of a bus, or staple it onto a telephone pole? If not then why in God's name would  you feel compeled to post it on the Internet?

Peewee

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 12:03:16 PM »
Danack,

Only those people who are personally known to me and my wife will ever get photos of our family.  Even if you came to our house with your own camera and took pics, I'd expect you to have the common decency to ask our permission before publishing our pictures on the internet. 

It just isn't done in polite company.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »
 I certainly understand peoples aversion to posting photos.

For me the largest public forum, is right outside the door.
wether i wanted it or not, my ugly mug is often on dirt bike magazine sites or news stands,not a public figure by any means,or stretch of the imagination,  but still it isnt unusual to be photo'ed for variuos reasons...

the other side of it is:
heck we are headed to a resturant in about 30 mins..
about as public as it gets lol
so wether someone saw our photo somewhere before,
 seems irrelavent.i just wouldnt care.
 If my wife did not feel the same about this topic,
 i would absolutely respect her wishes,and not post hers.

I mostly post photos because i enjoy putting faces to a names,
and can hardly expect others to do so if i'nm not open about it.*shrugs*

Not sure why really, but to me its interesting to see the members, photos of thier trips, where they went,who they met..(if applicable..it just gives more meaning to thier stories here.

then agian,
 maybe its i just dont read that well and need the help of photos..LOL

but its quite understandable when people dont feel the need to post any!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 07:33:44 PM »
AJ, did you ask your dog for permission to post her photo?

The second most favorite RWD feature is the picture gallery. It's fairly new, just wait till there's tons more pics in there.

Most people post pics because they aren't ashamed to and want to display their pride, which could be their wife and new children. I don't see no problem with that. I like visual examples the best. People can talk up a storm on how good their marriage is and a pic can say a thousand words. The woman could be into the man or not.

I understand those people or wives who want to keep there lives private too. Some guys don't want thier pic up for various reasons that can damage them career wise since the people in this process are stereotype. Have any of you ever seen a lawyer put his pic up in these RW forums?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Markus

• Opted-Out
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 09:09:57 PM »
Billyb,

My photos can be obtained. If a person provides his photos to any person, it's like keeping a secret: Don't repeat this but...

You did make a statement that I need some education on. You stated:  "People can talk up a storm on how good their marriage is and a pic can say a thousand words." You use "people" that could mean any couple anywhere. What people are you referring to? I cannot recall even one person "talking up a storm" about how good their marriage is. Perhaps that's your interpretation of men who are married. But, you say "a pic can say a thousand words." I would like to know only 100 words of the thousand words that a pic can say, if a pic has the ability to convey words.

Mark

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 09:39:36 PM »
Mark,

I wasn't the one to invent the phrase "a picture can say a thousand words". And I'm not about to count the words any one picture says  and I'm not going to get into detail about what it means to educate the people who has a hard time understanding a common saying. Haven't you ever read of a guy who thought the woman was into him and based on the photo, she had no attraction to him?

As far as people talking up a storm. I said people can(not did) talk up a storm. But guys, such as yourself and I, do talk about how great their(our) wives, fiancees and girlfriends are. Some guys talk with a slight breeze, others, such as I, talk at hurricane force. Make what you want out of those weather conditions.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 03:21:36 AM »
I would like to know only 100 words of the thousand words that a pic can say, if a pic has the ability to convey words.
C'mon Mark, tell us that you REALLY don't see ANY difference in these two pics. Tell us that niether one "tells" you anything at all about the subjects  ::)

Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 03:43:41 AM »
Sure it does.  It tells you the guy in the bottom photo had a better tailor and being on a boat makes you smile.  Send the photos to A. Connon Doyle if he was still alive and he would tell you every detail of their life including what they had for breakfast.  But of course Sherlock Holmes was just fiction. 

I think we all do form impressions from photos though.  For those who have been here long enough to remember Miss Sensuality, everyone seemed to form an impression from her photos.  You are right jet, those photos don't tell you much of anything yet we all seem to form our impressions of gals more from the photos than what they say in their letters.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 03:53:21 AM »
For those of us unlucky soles who are not so fortunate to be married to a Russian/Ukraine woman can we post photos of our Russian/Ukraine girlfriend?

Offline JPjr

• Love-n-Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:18:09 AM »
For those of us unlucky soles who are not so fortunate to be married to a Russian/Ukraine woman can we post photos of our Russian/Ukraine girlfriend?
  Please do, so here we are Luba and Joe
Long Life

Offline BC

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 04:32:28 AM »
I dunno Turbo..

I've always believed that the optical 'fit' of a couple is important.

Quite honestly when I first saw your avatar pic with Luda, my immediate impression was 'something is not quite right', similar to my reaction when Al's pic (that Jet reposted) first appeared on the board.  Clothes and setting has very little to do with it. 

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 04:41:57 AM »
Well, based on the results BC, you were right.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 09:48:51 AM »
Sure it does.  It tells you the guy in the bottom photo had a better tailor and being on a boat makes you smile.  Send the photos to A. Connon Doyle if he was still alive and he would tell you every detail of their life including what they had for breakfast.  But of course Sherlock Holmes was just fiction. 

I think we all do form impressions from photos though.  For those who have been here long enough to remember Miss Sensuality, everyone seemed to form an impression from her photos.  You are right jet, those photos don't tell you much of anything yet we all seem to form our impressions of gals more from the photos than what they say in their letters.

Yo, Turbo dude, that would be A. Conan Doyle. My thought on seeing the first photo was that it was made in Moscow in the early winter or the early spring.

The fellow in the second photo must be on the short side. Either that or his lady is somewhat tall.

Peewee

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »
The fellow in the second photo must be on the short side. Either that or his lady is somewhat tall.

Too many falls, helmet first, will make one a bit more compact.

(Sorry, I just had to say it...)   ;D

Offline Jumper

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »
one photo may or may not tell much of a story..
as anyone can be caught in a weird pose or "look"

in Als case it was a couple photos that made me think she wasnt happy to be with him really.. there was never a photo were it looked like she was a happy camper...*shrugs*
 again it doesnt prove anything,
 but after a few instances ,
and the fact people tend to post nicer photos if they have them....
it would seem to stongly indicate he dint have any nicer shots....
and that seems a sign of things??
(maybe something as simple, as she doesnt like to be photographed! )

Turbo- boats? my wife knows i have two small boats for a reason.
as there are no divorces in my family, only *unfortunante* boating accidents ;)

Peewee -
yeap i'm short! @  5'8! and not likely to grow much.
my wife is tall for a woman at 5'9
but the requisite 4 inch heels always make that difference appear a bit larger!
 lol

Fred! lmao!
This morning she was asking me how many times i had been put under anthesia, for variuos injuries.. i said i couldnt remember, under general  maybe  8 or 9?
she then worried and decided i dont have much longer to live!!!
 as she had *heard* that it takes 5 years off your life for each time  fully "under"
 ;)
(and yea i did compression fracture my T6&T7 vertbrea once upon a time ,,so i might be a bit shorter for it? lol ,no crash ,just landed too hard..)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:47:39 AM by Boethius »

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »

my wife is tall for a woman at 5'9
but the requisite 4 inch heels always make that difference appear a bit larger!

AJ, I knew your good nature would accept my jab in the humor it was intended.

I have 4" on my wife, but even at 6'4". I still have a hard time competing with those heels.

I think a lot of the differences you see in pictures depends on the age of the subject.  Seems that the younger RW are more willing to give a big smile for the camera.  We have a number of family photos of my in-laws and various aunts and uncles, and even during fun times outdoors and with good food, people seem to 'get serious' when the camera comes out.  I've been able to avoid it as I'll take dozens and dozens of digital pictures, and eventually a candid shot will find the fun spirit inside of the person.  Many of the more serious shots seem to take forever to get the shutter clicked, and by then, the look is more of a scowl than a smile.

A good example is a photo of my wife, in front of her car.  She sent the picture home to her family, as she was also wearing her new red leather jacket (with matching purse and shoes, of course!).  Our son was taking the picture, and my wife had that typical RW scowl instead of her usual smile.  Mostly due to her frustration of getting our son to stop fooling around long enough to take the picture.

Fast forward to Russia, my sister in law looked at the picture, and started crying, thinking that my wife was sad in the picture.  Of course, Mama joined in with the bawling.  We all had a good laugh about it afterward, but it is interesting what "things" people see in a photo that really don't exist.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »
Fred! great example of how little a single photo can mean.
and i agree on Russians being more seriuos in photos..

heck look at photos in the USA a few decades ago..
very seriuos faces , almost always.

your story brings up another RW "generality'.. LOL

in "general" if a RW can take something  (some act, something said ,or a photo) two ways,
negatively or positivly,
negative is the preference it seems!

;D

YMMV  buteven a sunny duispositionmed RW will generally by negative about the *unknown* or *unproven * , compared to us goofy westerners.

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »
It's more than just smiles.. look at the body language.

In AJ's second pic she has her hand around his neck (he's mine).. in the other, even though we can't see it she was squeezing his butt..  That explains the 'mouse ate cat' grin she has on the boat and AJ's silly ear-to-ear colgate smile.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:19:51 PM by BC »

Offline DonAz

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »
It's more than just smiles.. look at the body language.

This is a candid photo that was taken without us being aware of it. When I saw it for the first time it told me everything I needed to know

Offline Captmonk1

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »
   I don't really have a clue why people don't post their photo's....especially the really happy people. I would never make fun of anyone's photo period..no matter what I thought. Now I would play with AJ about being short of course but hell, what does AJ care about that since his wife is beautfiful!  ( Im 5'8" too by the way AJ...on a tall day...when its hot outside..)

So you may be older than some guys...so your girlfriend may be better looking than all of our wives and girlfriends put together.....as long as YOU are happy, who cares what we think. It's just fun to see everyone and put faces to the crowd for me.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM