It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New I751 process effective immediately  (Read 1792 times)

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
New I751 process effective immediately
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »
UPDATE New Biometrics Process for Conditional Permanent Residents

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announces the implementation of a new nationwide biometrics process for conditional permanent residents who file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

The new process is effective immediately. Under the old process, following the approval of Form I-751, an approval notice was issued instructing the applicant to appear at a USCIS District Office for
processing of his or her Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (“Green Card”). The approved applicant would manually submit passport-style photographs, index fingerprints, and a signature on Form I-89, I-551 or I-586 Card Data Collection Form, for creation of his or her permanent resident card.

The new process, as authorized in 71 Federal Register 15469 (March 28, 2006), requires all conditional permanent residents to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) after filing Form I-751 in order to have their biometrics electronically captured.

An ASC appointment notice will automatically be sent by mail to the applicant with the specific date, time and location for biometric processing. Biometric processing includes the electronic capture of an applicant’s photograph, signature, index fingerprint and ten-print fingerprints. The photograph, signature and index fingerprint are used to generate the lawful permanent resident card, if the Form I-751 is approved. The ten-print fingerprints are captured for the purpose of conducting a criminal background check and are processed for applicants between the ages of 14 and 79.

Applicants (except for “overseas applicants” described below) will no longer be required to submit passportstyle photographs, since photographs will be captured at an ASC.

USCIS requires all conditional permanent residents, including those residing overseas pursuant to military or government orders, to submit the standard base petition fee of $205 and a biometric services fee of $70.

Following the submission of all applicable fees, a scheduled appearance at an ASC and the approval of Form I-751, applicants will be issued a permanent resident card by mail.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541016
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2022
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2012
Total: 2023

+-Recent Posts

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM