Forum > Starting Out

5 Simple Steps for the Newbies

(1/2) > >>

Admin:
Recognizing there is NO GUARANTEE, I thought it might be helpful (after all these years) to outline a Step-by-Step process for those just getting underway. Feel free to comment and expand as appropriate:

Step 1. Introduction and Orientation

Read the following:

RWD Ten Commandments
RWD FAQ
E-Book: Men of the West - Women From the East
RWDpedia

Step 2. Check-up from the neck up

Men's Code of Conduct

Step 3. Take a direction.

Decide how you want to proceed to initiate contact. Many men utilize agencies to assist them in their efforts. Below are relevant links:

GoodWife Link Directory of Agencies
ML's Post on Agency Links

Step 4. Decision on Service Provider

PRIOR to spending money with an agency (a/k/a International Marriage Broker or IMB), spend some time performing due diligence. Tools to help include:

Agency Score Card
Agency Code of Ethics

Step 5. Protect Yourself

As you begin to make contact and encounter some 'suspicious' responses, consider use of the following to help with your Anti-Scam efforts:

Scammer Score Card
Anti-Scam Websites

This is far from complete, but should make for a good start.

Comments welcomed.

- Dan

Muzh:
It looks pretty much complete but, rest assure if something comes up, I'll let you know.  :thumbsup:

Gator:
Dan,

Splendid!  In reading some newbie posts, it is apparent that they have not read any of these sites.

How do you make this more prominent?

Admin:

--- Quote from: Gator on May 14, 2012, 11:04:33 AM ---Dan,

Splendid!  In reading some newbie posts, it is apparent that they have not read any of these sites.

How do you make this more prominent?

--- End quote ---

Gator,

I've made it a "Stickie" in the 'Starting Out' forum, so it will always appear among the topics at the top of the page. I will also include a link in the Introductory PM that all new members receive. The only other thing that may direct people to this topic is if all the old-timers will point newbies to this topic as a starting point.

- Dan

tfcrew:

60 youtube links to the visa process...
Hits and misses, success and failures, various mistakes made in the procedure etc--

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version