It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What’s the point of this board  (Read 8076 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: What’s the point of this board
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2021, 06:49:48 AM »
Although I debate about politics elsewhere, I am tired of political discussions here. If people on here want political debates, move it to FB or private email! The carrying on going on in politics won't end anytime soon so don't bring it here. One of the benefits of traveling to the FSU is you can get away from that stuff for a while.
     I don't post as much due to not traveling for many years. I definitely don't see as much interest in FSU dating/marriage compared to the 90's to early 2000's. My interest diminished as I got older compared to when it was pretty much my life for 10 great years.
     With decades of FSU dating both the men and women see that that this can be risky. Or maybe it never was a great success for many even in the early days but internet communication was less common? Other changes also affected this search such as some women's situations have improved, guys have gotten older, men have to compete with more foreign men traveling there, and younger guys not having as much money or interest in marriage.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
What’s the point of this board
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2021, 10:42:03 AM »
I am tired of political discussions here.

When was the last time you made an on topic post? There are actual forum related
threads and you don't join them or participate in them. I have recently commented
on more than a half dozen on topic FSUW related threads. You have commented on
zero of them.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »
Lots of people here NOW, have tried to go back on topic like all the threads Bill brought back. But there is just a bit of enthusiasm for those threads. I check in from time to time, and will post if I can offer an experience that helps the conversation

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »
From what I've seen most US men don't have the guts for what they feel is the risk involved.  I've seen some horrid marriages over the past few years, most men just live in misery with a woman that doesn't like/respect them, or they find unattractive, or both.  Too fearful to take the step they would like to take.  I tell them I'd rather be dead then in that type of marriage for very long.  The one friend that is finally getting divorced found an equally horrid 'girlfriend' that he states is abusive towards him.  He adores my wife and entertains the idea of going to Colombia, but just can't muster the get up and go to get on a plane.    Perhaps the golden era of the early internet flushed out most of the men/risk takers, and now it will be a slower trickle from here on out. 

You don't know the intricacies of anyone's marriage.  It's all guesswork, coloured by your own experiences. 

If a man is consistently in abusive relationships, that won't change because of a different locale.  He needs therapy to determine why he chooses abusive partners.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »
  I am tired of political discussions here.
Then just don't read them...simple as that.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »

You don't know the intricacies of anyone's marriage.  It's all guesswork, coloured by your own experiences. 
No one would know all the intricacies of a marriage, although I've heard and seen firsthand enough to  make some calls.  My own personal bias plays a roll too of course. 

If a man is consistently in abusive relationships, that won't change because of a different locale.  He needs therapy to determine why he chooses abusive partners.
I'd have to agree to an extent.  In the case of my buddy, he is a damn fool for his most recent choice.  He has no shame in stating he was desperate.  He has been in a largely sexless marriage for nearly 25 years.  He is a good looking guy with a lot of options, and he seemingly he chosen one of the worst ones, in part because he was getting sexed up a bit.  Now he is trying to let the whole thing go, yet can't muster the courage.   He would probably be a good candidate for an overseas lady if he had a little tutelage from the likes of someone like Trenchcoat.  :D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2021, 08:28:27 PM »
Seriously I don't know why US guys go all the way to the FSU when South America is in their back yard. Fine if they have a really strong pull for a FSW but it's one hell of a long journey to make.

I think you are confusing South America with Mexico.

South America is not in the back yard of USA.

Sure, some of the places in South America look to be quite a bit closer to USA than FSU in terms of miles . . .

but when you take into consideration available flights, connections, etc., I would suspect the time to get to each is not that big of a difference.

However, more of a consideration than distance are other features that make many FSUW more appealing than most from South America . . . even if you could find a light complexioned woman in SA.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2021, 05:24:22 AM »
Most men just don't have what it takes to put together a plan.  If I were to inventory a group of my friends from their 30's to their mid 50's now, it would be a story of missed opportunities for them.  Many have remained (Somewhat unhappily) single, yet they let opportunity pass by all these years, now decades.  If you were one of my friends in life, I've always felt you were a fake poster just cheerfully messing with the boys here, but if not, I might have to put you in that same category as many of my friends.   

Fathertime!

If I was to cite one reason why I would procrastinate I would say it's because I would fear getting with a woman and her wreaking my life, taking kids, taking house etc. On the other hand I can see that the right woman could enhance you're life and make it more joyful. Some may seem like that at first but then turn sour of course. My guess is that your friends fall into the category that they fear a woman wreaking what they have and becoming even more miserable.

I've been out to the FSU several times now, I'm not taking anything and have no need too. At the moment I am sorting out what to do. My visits have pretty much been visit ones but I know the downsides of that. I now have a better idea on the type of girl I want and think I can do a meet many with 3 or 4 girls in a few weeks time. If I can't get that into fruition then I'm going to have to reassess things. Possibly I can get out there early next year for a longer period as my house will be done to rent out sone rooms by then, finally!

Main thing is that I need to find a girl that can work with me, my guess is that your friends may have the same hang up and feel it may not be all that possible to find.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2021, 07:02:38 AM »
but to contradict Trench just a bit of the small amount I did bother to read..

I know of about 20 girls (well women) only in Kyiv-area that is looking for a foreign husband, not only- but they expanded their search to include foreign, especially since they see how me and Tanya is very happy together and the life we are building.

They are all in 25-40 range, all of them but one - without a child. All of them have work (that I know of) and can survive there, but want to find that allusive thing called love. Build a strong happy family and just live a life.
3 of them previously married but all divorced because the hubby looked to the left and found someone younger to fool around with. Still a very common thing over there.. infidelity. 

They refuse to use free sites like Fdating because "everyone is a f*cking pervert only asking for camsex or nudes"

All of them can be found on monthly sites like dmnotify/cuteonly, don't remember the other ones used. A couple of them are registered to Marriage agency's that place them on sites like Anastasia also, but none of them uses that site after everything I told them about it. They still get requests through the agency.

There is still a lot of men going there and hiring marriage agency's, one of the girls, she is 29 - has on average 2-3 requests for dates per week, a little down now with covid ofc.. but many many middle east people still travel to Ukraine in the midst of the pandemic to seek a wife.
Ukrainian girls are of highest value there.

But they use primarily the monthly pay sites on my recommendation, where they at least are a little "protected" from the worst perverts, and cheap poor ones, like you Trench :)

My impression of Cute Only is that they use agencies in addition to letting individual girls sign up. A lot of the photos use professional photos and while some non agency women do that seeing many photos like that tends to raise suspicion. Also they don't tell you when the lady was last on so it could be a lot of time wasted trying to communicate with girls that are either agency girls or have stopped checking in long ago. Many girls can have a fair amount of profile write up and while again non-agency girls do that I tend to see it as more of an agency thing.

Dmnotify is ok but they don't seem to have anywhere for a write up. Write ups are handy when they are done. I tend to feel that all profiles submitted should have a few words as a mandatory minimum. Thing with Dmnotify they use a load of check boxes for hobbies etc and while that has its benefits it's kind of cutting a person short on its own I think. Still it has its upsides they apparently do passport checks and you can see when they were last on there so it avoids wasting time.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2021, 07:08:32 AM »
If I was to cite one reason why I would procrastinate I would say it's because I would fear getting with a woman

:-X :-X
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2021, 07:28:48 AM »
If I was to cite one reason why I would procrastinate I would say it's because I would fear getting with a woman and her wreaking my life, taking kids, taking house etc. On the other hand I can see that the right woman could enhance you're life and make it more joyful. Some may seem like that at first but then turn sour of course. My guess is that your friends fall into the category that they fear a woman wreaking what they have and becoming even more miserable.
Procrastinate at this point is giving up, and in your case before you started.  As to my buddy, he was just being impulsively stupid since he had been virtually sexless for 25 years. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline civi68

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2021, 08:47:32 AM »
When was the last time you made an on topic post?
I haven't been as active compared to the past. I post if I have something to add if it has not already been said. Many posters respond to a topic where I would have said the same.
    But I agree with the original poster that it would be good to get back to more FSU posts and less political. It's not just about don't read the political posts if you don't want but about the overall posting atmosphere. The original poster made a valid point that the board is different from years ago with the politics and I agree.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »
The original poster made a valid point that the board is different from years
ago with the politics and I agree.

We don't have newbies asking questions any more, that's the difference.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
I said it before. I will say it again. The purpose of these boards was to help our fellow man to find true true love and happiness. Will I get a quote? Probably not

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2021, 10:30:36 AM »
I said it before. I will say it again. The purpose of these boards was to help our fellow man to find true true love and happiness. Will I get a quote? Probably not

OK Max, but hate to prove you wrong.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »
I’ve tried posting questions concerning travel to Ukraine and gotten almost no response or responses unrelated to my question.  Recently I posted about my most recent trip to Ukraine and our Covid experiences there and during the return.  I think I got 2 responses.  This leads me to believe guys here are no longer interested.  Maybe the way I write does not seem interesting, I know I am no novelist.  It sure looks however that when somebody makes a political post the board seems to go crazy. 

In the case of my original post about the purpose of this board, I think at least some members noticed.  In that case it makes me feel somewhat better about it. 

I don’t say this to brag, ok maybe a little, but my wife and I have been married over 22 years and I am proud of that.  I want to share my experiences and hear of others marital successes.  I also want to hear about your travel experiences to the FSU and Ukraine specifically.  I hope I have made my point and not come across as pretentious. I certainly don’t intend to.

I wish all of you success. 

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
Good post Sailor, and good English !!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2021, 03:45:48 PM »
I think it's not that we don't wish to talk about FSW and FSU dating but that the current situation has made a lot of that almost pointless. In fact I'm surprised we have had the posts we have had on it over the last year or so. Japs (DK) came forth with his experiences out there and that was like a breath of fresh air. Brownbeard was it also came forth with his experiences in Odessa and upcoming wedding.

Then we had a couple of newbie posts, one from some guy who was concerned about his weight. Another post was from a old member who was concerned about returning old photos to a lady he has visited. Most recent post has been from a guy who supposedly did not clue into his lady (if it is a she) being a scammer.

I'm not saying that any of these newbie or similar type of threads was dealt with badly. I think that while these posters might have gotten a different answer than they had hoped for it was the right answer they received. I don't know how they felt about their experience on here. I don't mind a bit of a joke at my expense especially if I have done something silly. My guess is that many people upon receiving the answer while it may not have been the answer they had hoped for it kind of concludes the situation for them. They just never seem to thank us once we help the penny drop for them, they just kind of disappear. Even if we state not to get disillusioned and try again I'm not so sure if many do, perhaps they feel out of their depth. I know when I first started here there was so much information and members seemed to know so much that it seemed almost overwhelming. My guess is that most don't stick it out and give up. I think there are a lot of people around that when they discover something is not going to fall into their lap that  they don't wish to pursue it further.

Possibly Dan/Admin could email recent posters and find out their feelings on it all.

I think in general if we look at many of the members here it is fair to say that from just looking at their occupation it's stuff where they are not the type to give up in order to succeed. Many of the guts that try FSU dating at random I'm guessing are probably not as driven as that.

Now that flights have resumed we may get a little more FSU posts over time. Before the pandemic I think it is fair to say that we got more than we have done over the past year. I'm not so sure the political posts alter the amount of FSU posts we get as they generally stay in the Odds & Ends sections and newbies don't bother with that stuff. I just think aside from the pandemic there is just less posts than there used to be going say a decade or so ago (when I briefly popped in). I'm not sure why possibly some bad stereotypes of FSW and their intents may have put guys off over time. My guess is possibly for US guys most go to South America as its way nearer so just makes sense. UK guys I never really think going for FSW has caught in big time, a fair few have do e but in general in society guys seem to think they just have UK women to choose from and that's it. I've suggested it on other forums and either it seems to get ignored or some seem to think they are just after guys with money.

So that's about it really, my guess is either newbies leave with a bad impression of FSW once we tell them the problem and think they are all bad or word has spread giving people the idea that FSW are bad from word of mouth, stereotypes, publicised bad news stories and still not knowing/being afraid of the area really.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2021, 08:50:20 AM »

I should also guess that looking for and joining a discussion forum like this is kinda yesterdays news..
Now everything is on youtube, hell half the younger gen cant even read two sentences in a row without getting a headache.
If it's not on youtube or google, it doesn't exist almost..
Yes, vlogging seems to be the fad now.  A golf BBS I participate in is also having very low activity.  Below is a video of a Turkish friend of Johnny FD marrying a Kharkiv lady.   She is also a vlogger.  Johnny FD,  Harold Baldr,  Bald&Bankrupt all seem to be traveling around Ukraine without issues or worries of Covid.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM