It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to know if FSW in general are right for you?  (Read 26720 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: How to know if FSW in general are right for you?
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2021, 01:50:47 PM »

My 'townhouse' has more space inside than one of those flats. It has a garden out back and a small frontage to the front. It's also more pleasant looking at the front  with a quaint worked stone facade and at the back overlooks trees, to did of the back garden you can see rolling green hills. It may not be the largest most extravagant property in the UK and is modest in comparison but it's nicer than a concrete block apartment I can assure you ;)

Though of course there is of course here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10168757/Stunning-drone-photographs-multi-coloured-town-Ukraine-looks-like-real-life-LEGO-city.html
I lived in a Khruschchev built apartment in Kyiv.  Out our window, which faced a busy boulevard, there were apple trees blocking the boulevard, and it was surprisingly quiet.  The front of the building faced a courtyard, with benches in front of each apartment entrance. It was lined with trees as well.  There were flowers below, planted by someone who lived above the particular apartment garden.  It was very pretty.

Your townhome probably is significantly smaller in square footage than is my house.  My backyard has ten  trees - lilacs, mountain ash, several spruce, a pine, an apple tree, several bushes, a large vegetable garden, and a raspberry patch along the side of the house.  My backyard deck is lined with potted flowers.  My front yard has two large trees, several bushes, and a substantial lawn.  Again, lots of potted flowers.  That doesn't make my home inherently "better" than your home, any more than your home is "better" than those in Ukraine.  I think you focus on the wrong things.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 02:02:21 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
End of the day WM going to Ukraine to meet these ladies offer them the chance for a better lifestyle. It's what WM have over the local dudes. Women want men who are superior, they date across but prefer to date up the socioeconomic spectrum. Guess what? The local men they see as inferior.

First, not all WM offer a superior lifestyle.  By your own admission, you don't. 

They don't see the local men as inferior.  Many local men don't want to marry.  They don't want the responsibility of children, and there is always another woman around the corner.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline rwd123

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2021, 02:11:23 PM »
There are nearly zero FSUW in their twenties willing to date someone your age,
those that do have dubious motivations. 
That's utterly false unless Trenchcoat is as old as you are. Women tend to prefer partners close to their own age but many are not concerned by a 10-20 year difference IF the guy is worth it. I know a (FSU) guy who partnered up with a (FSU) girl 40 years his junior... it's unusual but it happens. He just had a way with women and was a short ass in his 60s. I believe he broke it off because he's a womaniser.

Trenchcoat is not worth it and has demonstrated no behaviors to improve himself (or his financial position) over a long period of time. He has nothing to offer which is superior to FSUM.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2021, 03:02:12 PM »
. . . there is always another woman around the corner.

What about the woman on the corner ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2021, 03:06:56 PM »
We have heard of peeing contests.

This thread is starting to have a my house/home is . . . . contest.

OK, my house has a Jacuzzi.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
How to know if FSW in general are right for you?
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
That's utterly false unless Trenchcoat is as old as you are. Women tend to prefer partners close to their own age but many are not concerned by a 10-20 year difference IF the guy is worth it.

Trench is in his mid 40's, lets say 44, average looks, borderline poverty, mediocre
to poor social skills. The closer he dates to his own age the better his chances of
finding a good girl. There is no way he should be encouraged to pursue 20-29. 

Your point I think is that a man who is 40 with excellent social skills and a decent
income can pursue a woman with a larger age gap.

Trenchcoat is not worth it and has demonstrated no behaviors to improve himself (or his financial position) over a long period of time. He has nothing to offer which is superior to FSUM.

A 38-40 year old FSUW is going to have very few options for marriage in the FSU.
That's what Trench has to offer, a partner for marriage. Love.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 04:55:34 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2021, 06:36:31 PM »
Whoa, trenchy you are still looking?

Have you  been actively looking or still biding your time?

I don't pretend to understand women,  but I do know they appreciate a man of action.
I flew to meet my now wife within probably  60 days of first messaged to her. I also would quit a non progressing relationship quickly.
Lifes short TC,get the heck out there, locally, internationally ,wherever.

I know covid has restricted possible travel and social setting  at though.

At 40s I agree with Bill you should be looking at 35 to 45.

I'm absolutely hypocritical in saying that, but it's still good advice regardless if I dint follow it.🤷‍♂️

Your best chances are in this group for many reasons that others have outlined ,and it plays to youd strenghts,which are (hopefully) actually wanting a  serious marriage minded relationship.

I have to hand it to you, I assumed you had given up

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
Whoa, trenchy you are still looking?

Have you  been actively looking or still biding your time?

I don't pretend to understand women,  but I do know they appreciate a man of action.
I flew to meet my now wife within probably  60 days of first messaged to her. I also would quit a non progressing relationship quickly.
Lifes short TC,get the heck out there, locally, internationally ,wherever.

I know covid has restricted possible travel and social setting  at though.

At 40s I agree with Bill you should be looking at 35 to 45.

I'm absolutely hypocritical in saying that, but it's still good advice regardless if I dint follow it.🤷‍♂️

Your best chances are in this group for many reasons that others have outlined ,and it plays to youd strenghts,which are (hopefully) actually wanting a  serious marriage minded relationship.

I have to hand it to you, I assumed you had given up

Given up? He never even started. Unless you call writing endless threads on bizarre topics fruitlessly expending vast quantities of e-ink as that.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
I don't have anything negative to say about Ukrainian or FSU culture, they have some good stuff we could learn from.

Almost every post of yours is negative in some way so let’s put that to bed.

However yes the UK is superior, why would FSW want to come here if it wasn't? Superior wealth, superior economy, superior military, superior technology, superior medical research, superior hospitals, superior anti-corruption, for the most part (just about) superior housing, etc, etc. It's not me with an attitude it's the facts that speak for themselves.
Complete rubbish.
The UK is a very unequal society.
There is wealth but it’s concentrated amongst a few.
Let’s talk about poor housing, poor infrastructure, hugely indebted NHS with long waiting times for care.
Inadequate social care, bad schools, bad childcare, government debt soaring, taxes heading up (not that you pay any), no job security, inner city ghettos, divided society, soaring crime, the list goes on and on....
So, no, the UK is not an attractive place to live in and in no way superior.
Al countries have their problems.
By switching countries you merely exchange one set for another.

I'm not saying I'm better than a FSW but I come from a society that it many ways is in a more advanced position to Ukraine. I'm not saying a good life could not be had and enjoyed in Ukraine but in a society that has become more advanced it if course tends to be open to more people to enjoy a good life. Ukraine if course has some benefits but of course the fact that those women on Fdate etc don't want to live there tends to speak for itself.

End of the day WM going to Ukraine to meet these ladies offer them the chance for a better lifestyle. It's what WM have over the local dudes. Women want men who are superior, they date across but prefer to date up the socioeconomic spectrum. Guess what? The local men they see as inferior.

You have nothing to offer which would benefit an FSUW a better lifestyle. On the socioeconomic scale in the UK you’re pretty much at rock bottom. An fsuw will soon see that.
Your two up two down terrace would soon turn into a prison for any fsuw who came to live with you.
Your misogyny and poverty will see to that.

Offline Davo

« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2021, 10:36:10 PM »
Here’s a good dating tip for you Trench 🧀

Cheese knows no borders, race or cultural differences. Everyone loves cheese..... A nice block of Swiss may be all you need to keep a FSU woman fascinated in you and faithful!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:42:10 PM by Davo »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2021, 10:58:59 PM »
Quote from: TC

The local men they see as inferior.

More nonsense from you, Trench.

How many fsuw marry WM and leave? It’s s minuscule number.
The vast majority date and marry locally.

Your whole dating premise is based on an assumption that local women have poor choices at home, that they all hanker after a luxurious life making cosy home on the back of some ‘rich’ western dude who will provide her a wonderful life, in return for which she only has to spread her legs.

You need to get out of that basement more.  :devil:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 11:00:38 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2021, 03:41:15 AM »
Almost every post of yours is negative in some way so let’s put that to bed.
Complete rubbish.
The UK is a very unequal society.
There is wealth but it’s concentrated amongst a few.
Let’s talk about poor housing, poor infrastructure, hugely indebted NHS with long waiting times for care.
Inadequate social care, bad schools, bad childcare, government debt soaring, taxes heading up (not that you pay any), no job security, inner city ghettos, divided society, soaring crime, the list goes on and on....
So, no, the UK is not an attractive place to live in and in no way superior.
Al countries have their problems.
By switching countries you merely exchange one set for another.

You have nothing to offer which would benefit an FSUW a better lifestyle. On the socioeconomic scale in the UK you’re pretty much at rock bottom. An fsuw will soon see that.
Your two up two down terrace would soon turn into a prison for any fsuw who came to live with you.
Your misogyny and poverty will see to that.

Where do you live then Gaunty some Grand Designs  voluminous box. I said we live a superior society not a perfect one. Yes there is bad stuff that can happen here but a lot of that happens at the very bottom of the socio-economic scale, yes below even me ;D

Some of that may get worse because of the impact of the virus. The virus has caused government debt to spiral, the virus has caused problems for Landlords and Tenants, the virus has caused employment problems for some and the virus has destroyed some people's business and livelyhoods. That will be the same the world over except worse in some countries. Think of how things are in Ukraine at the moment and how they will be.

Here we have at least a decent safety net in the welfare state so only for a very unlucky few does being kicked out of your home means grabbing a cardboard box and living in the street. Generally all can claim housing benefit & unemployment benefit if needs be. Most schools even the not so good ones are decent enough as to not leave the kid illiterate upon leaving school. I could go on but the point is that so long as someone can work to avoid the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder they will be several rungs up on the lives of most Ukrainians.

I get a lot of flak on here from people saying I don't work hard, I'm lazy, etc. That is not true, I work through the week mainly on my house and as you know Gaunty anyone with a house they own in the UK is seen as a big deal. I see countless news stories of people mainly youngsters trying to get on the bottom rung of the housing ladder. A FSW who wants it all ready made with a guy with a nice sized house is in for a shock here. There are not many single guys with a nice sized house, housing as you say is very expensive here so the fact that I own my two up two down as you put it means she she feel fortunate enough.

Superior? I would say we don't have the Russians encroached in our territory, we have nukes so they wouldn't dare. Can Ukraine boost the same? I think not. We have illegal immigrants trying to get in by dingy they see our society as so preferential willing to risk their lives to get in. That tells us something about how superior our society is I think ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2021, 08:06:00 AM »
Where do you live then Gaunty some Grand Designs  voluminous box. I said we live a superior society not a perfect one. Yes there is bad stuff that can happen here but a lot of that happens at the very bottom of the socio-economic scale, yes below even me ;D

I own a decent home. In a small village in rolling countryside. That’s all you need to know.
There’s a small segment of society, mostly immigrant 3rd worlders and the feckless indigents who could be at the bottom of the pile but you’re not far off.

Some of that may get worse because of the impact of the virus. The virus has caused government debt to spiral, the virus has caused problems for Landlords and Tenants, the virus has caused employment problems for some and the virus has destroyed some people's business and livelyhoods. That will be the same the world over except worse in some countries. Think of how things are in Ukraine at the moment and how they will be.

The UK was an iniquitous society long before Covid. C19 may have made some things worse but it’s disingenuous to apportion blame for the state the UK is in solely to the impact of the virus.
I would suggest the overall negative impact of Covid would be felt more strongly in 1st world countries  because people are soft and not accustomed to hardship. When unemployment hits the middle class that’s where it impacts most.

Here we have at least a decent safety net in the welfare state so only for a very unlucky few does being kicked out of your home means grabbing a cardboard box and living in the street. Generally all can claim housing benefit & unemployment benefit if needs be. Most schools even the not so good ones are decent enough as to not leave the kid illiterate upon leaving school. I could go on but the point is that so long as someone can work to avoid the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder they will be several rungs up on the lives of most Ukrainians.

You’re quite mistaken. The poor in this country have a harder time. Those in countries like Ukraine may have much less income but they also are able to obtain basics like foodstuffs from secondary sources. They also don’t have the same outgoings for utilities/rent etc that people in the UK do.
They’re also far more resilient and adaptable then UK people who think poverty is eating at a McDonald’s twice a week instead of 4 times.,

I get a lot of flak on here from people saying I don't work hard, I'm lazy, etc. That is not true, I work through the week mainly on my house and as you know Gaunty anyone with a house they own in the UK is seen as a big deal. I see countless news stories of people mainly youngsters trying to get on the bottom rung of the housing ladder. A FSW who wants it all ready made with a guy with a nice sized house is in for a shock here. There are not many single guys with a nice sized house, housing as you say is very expensive here so the fact that I own my two up two down as you put it means she she feel fortunate enough.
Rubbish. 63% of people in the UK own their own homes. Not so big a deal after all.
I could quote you a whole lot more facts, none of which support your assertion but I won’t. Google on .gov.uk for that if you want.

Superior? I would say we don't have the Russians encroached in our territory, we have nukes so they wouldn't dare. Can Ukraine boost the same? I think not. We have illegal immigrants trying to get in by dingy they see our society as so preferential willing to risk their lives to get in. That tells us something about how superior our society is I think ;)
Are you seriously suggesting a nuclear state is a measure of superiority? Pakistan has nukes. By all accounts they are a failed state so nothing to aspire to.
Illegal immigrants come to the uk for variety of reasons, nothing to do with being a superior country. More to do with established immigrant communities, legacy of empire and the ease of working illegally in the black economy plus that once here they are unlikely to ever be deported.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 08:10:27 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2021, 08:20:35 AM »
Tc, western world can offer more opportunities to many in the FSU.
It also wouldnt offer as many opportunities to someone already doing well in the FSU.

So that middle ground is mostly mute.

Get back to what binds a couple in life long term,and its seldom economics based.
It's fair more based on common life goals,places in life,family(even if it's just them as a couple) and those intangibles of truly caring for each other (who knows what drives that)

Keep the cart in front of the horse.
You'll need to be open to truly loving someone for who they are, and as they change in life.they will need to love  you.

Most of what you worry about,can and does happen in half of domestic relationships, eithervthey wernt founded on the basics if commun ground and love, or things changed in the relationship dynamic later.Always a posdibly as well.
 During my marraige ,
I've lost my job after decades at it, and it wasnt a blip of an eye as far as our relationship goes.It meant nothing overall in that aspect of our lives. She would have worked,I would find work again,or we would have downsized lifestyle.
You need to get over the economic worries,they shouldnt be a big factor.

If someone left you over those then it wasnt a founded relationship to begin with so youd be better off to end it anyway.

Offline ML

« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »
Tc, western world can offer more opportunities to many in the FSU.
It also wouldnt offer as many opportunities to someone already doing well in the FSU.

So that middle ground is mostly mute.

WOW, I didn't know there were that many people who were unable to speak !!

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
WOW, I didn't know there were that many people who were unable to speak !!

That's funny

😅
Mute moot
Since sense
Bye,by,bi
Too two to

TC, tee see , tea sea

I'm just see what auto correct will pull up first next time...

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2021, 09:21:18 PM »
That's funny

😅
Mute moot
Since sense
Bye,by,bi
Too two to

TC, tee see , tea sea

I'm just see what auto correct will pull up first next time...
Yes, isn’t autocorrect a bugger. I spend more time correcting them then actually writing a post

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541394
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701