It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: US Tourist Vsa for Russian Woman with Extensive Travel Experience  (Read 9182 times)

Offline RealBFE

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
I met an amazing Russian woman on F-dating.com and we decided to meet over a weekend during a trip she had planned for Mexico.  I wanted to return and see her again, but she prefers to fly home to Russia and apply for a tourist visa to USA instead of staying the rest of the month in Mexico as she had planned.

She has no children or family in US or Russia.  She has had Australian visa and a 1 year multiple entry schengen visa which she used several times last year.  Her schengen visa recently expired and when she reapplied she was only given a 1 month visa.  Her plan is to apply for a US tourist visa with an interview requested in Tel Aviv in order to bypass the extended wait times at the Moscow embassy. 

I noticed there is a 44 day backlog at Tel Aviv.  I assume this means it will be 2 months before we find out of her US Tourist visa is approved or denied.  Am I right about this?  Is there a better way?  What are the chances of her getting a US tourist visa?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: US Tourist Vsa for Russian Woman with Extensive Travel Experience
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »
WOW, she has so much money to be flying around here and there.
Maybe you can be a 'kept man.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline RealBFE

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 09:46:15 AM »
I certainly do have some concerns in regards to how she's able to afford this lifestyle she's living, but she has proven to be independent and frugal when we were together and hasn't asked me for any money yet so I am refraining from passing judgement at this point.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:18 AM »
I met an amazing Russian woman on F-dating.com and we decided to meet over a weekend during a trip she had planned for Mexico.  I wanted to return and see her again, but she prefers to fly home to Russia and apply for a tourist visa to USA instead of staying the rest of the month in Mexico as she had planned.

She has no children or family in US or Russia.  She has had Australian visa and a 1 year multiple entry schengen visa which she used several times last year.  Her schengen visa recently expired and when she reapplied she was only given a 1 month visa.  Her plan is to apply for a US tourist visa with an interview requested in Tel Aviv in order to bypass the extended wait times at the Moscow embassy. 

I noticed there is a 44 day backlog at Tel Aviv.  I assume this means it will be 2 months before we find out of her US Tourist visa is approved or denied.  Am I right about this?  Is there a better way?  What are the chances of her getting a US tourist visa?

Approval/denial/period involved is solely at the discretion of the embassy. Considering her experience, she stands a good chance of acquiring a US tourist visa. While nothing is ever a guarantee, IMHO, odds are good she'll get it.

Why don't you, in the meantime, ask her if you can meet her in Russia?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »
If they keep her passport at the end of the visa interview it's a pretty good sign a visa will be issued.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Since the US Embassy in Russia is so backed up, the US Embassy in Ukraine will process the visa. Check it out on their website.

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:15:17 PM »
ENORMOUS red flag being missed ..

I have no idea if the US authorities will notice - but new new 1 month Schengen - after 4 trips in 12 months on the last Multi/entry one has me asking WHY ? ..

SOMETHING she has done/ not done has resulted in a VERY short subsequent Visa ....   SOMETHING in her circumstances  or something she did / didn't do / or funding changed

About Schengen Visas I DO know ;) 

Offline BC

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
Could easily be that she used up most of the 90 days on past trips, leaving only 30 days available.  Or maybe did not have an itinerary planned for a longer stay.

Offline RealBFE

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
Since the US Embassy in Russia is so backed up, the US Embassy in Ukraine will process the visa. Check it out on their website.

Hadn't looked into Ukraine.  Will certainly tell her about this.  I imagine it will be much cheaper for her to travel there as well.

Offline RealBFE

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 03:23:45 PM »
ENORMOUS red flag being missed ..

I have no idea if the US authorities will notice - but new new 1 month Schengen - after 4 trips in 12 months on the last Multi/entry one has me asking WHY ? ..

SOMETHING she has done/ not done has resulted in a VERY short subsequent Visa ....   SOMETHING in her circumstances  or something she did / didn't do / or funding changed

About Schengen Visas I DO know ;)

I know she applied at a different country.  Maybe there was a significant difference in her bank balance from all her travels.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 03:24:11 PM »
She can't travel directly to Ukraine.  She will have to fly/take a train to Belarus, and from there to Kyiv.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline RealBFE

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 03:46:08 PM »
She can't travel directly to Ukraine.  She will have to fly/take a train to Belarus, and from there to Kyiv.

I see there are flights to Kviv from Moscow with a layover in Minsk.

Would there be any significant differences in odds of visa approval when applying in Ukraine vs Israel?

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 03:47:52 PM »
Could easily be that she used up most of the 90 days on past trips, leaving only 30 days available.  Or maybe did not have an itinerary planned for a longer stay.

BC, if you've obeyed the rules re the 1 yr M/E Schengen,  it is std practice to issue a THREE year  Multi / Entry Schengen Visa

"1 year multiple-entry Schengen visa:

You can obtain this visa provided that you have obtained and lawfully used three visas within the previous two years. When you apply for this visa, you will need to show proof of what your previous visas and the trips you made to the Schengen Zone.

The 1-year MEV visa gives you the right to enter in the Schengen Zone as many times as you want, as long as you do not remain more than 90 days within this period.

3 year multiple-entry Schengen visa
The 3-year MEV is granted to applicants who have obtained and lawfully used a previous multiple-entry visa valid for one year within the previous two years.

This visa gives the right to its holder to enter the Schengen Area as many times as they wish within a period of three years. However, even in this case the visa holder is limited to remaining in the EU no longer than 90 days within a 180-day period."

Seems v.Strange to me  - but we do not know the circumstances.

Source: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-types/

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
I see there are flights to Kviv from Moscow with a layover in Minsk.

Would there be any significant differences in odds of visa approval when applying in Ukraine vs Israel?

With the layover, there's not much difference, time wise, in the flights - about an hour.

I suspect it would be faster, and easier, to obtain a visa from Tel Aviv.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »

I suspect it would be faster, and easier, to obtain a visa from Tel Aviv.

I used this link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Nicosia -  in Cyprus, looks the BEST place for a RU citizen to apply for a US visa

Kyiv is 12 days - 10 days longer than Cyprus with Israel being 48 days

Tbilisi 17 days - good luck with flying there from RU and Yerevan is 20 days

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 04:11:07 PM »
I was thinking more of obtaining approval, rather than processing time.

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 04:23:19 PM »
I was thinking more of obtaining approval, rather than processing time.

Aren't they pretty std at 3-5 weeks ?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 04:34:46 PM »
My point is, Kyiv refuses a lot of visas.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 06:57:24 PM »

She needs to prove she has ties back home that will motivate her to return home. Ties could be money in the bank, business, property, and family. More people are illegally in America because they overstayed their visa, not because they illegally walked across our border.Doesn't matter if she been all over Europe with a Schengen. She has to meet the requirements of our State Dept to get a tourist visa, not European requirements. Link below of what is required. 

http://www.path2usa.com/visitor-visa-guide/documents-for-applicant
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
When was her Australian visa issued?

I heard another account last week of a guy who met a woman in Russia and then tried to get an Aussie tourist visa for her. It was declined for not providing evidence she would return. She was in a similar situation to K and had multiple reasons to return. It seems that’s the default setting for our government to deny Russian visas.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 10:47:33 PM »
My point is, Kyiv refuses a lot of visas.

Kyiv suggests a disproportionate amount of applications,for UK visas  too ... the hint keeps on m resurfacing that the UK citizens MIGHT have reciprocity imposed - i.e. visas necessary...  although the  decision was put off until Kyiv sees what the EU/UK can agree - not that the RU / UA accord have any bearing on same as some have suggested...

Offline whynotme

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 02:38:37 AM »
http://www.gofortravel.ru/usa/visa/documents-and-application/wait-time <<< they post information about open dates for visa interview in all consulates available for Russians. No visa interview in Tallinn, Tbilisi, Yerevan, Riga, Minsk, Vilnus, Baku for a long time. It's possible to schedule interview in Vladivostok or Yekaterinburg, there were openings in Moscow recently. About Schengen visa: no surprise for me, my daughter got her third Schengen for a month only from Czechs after visiting France and Italy without violations in previous two years. Btw, it will be not bad to get one more Russian travel passport, US consulates have the habit of sending documents for an additional administrative check, which can last two months or more. And no mentioning you during interview  :D

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »
When was her Australian visa issued?

I heard another account last week of a guy who met a woman in Russia and then tried to get an Aussie tourist visa for her. It was declined for not providing evidence she would return. She was in a similar situation to K and had multiple reasons to return. It seems that’s the default setting for our government to deny Russian visas.

That's pretty much the default position for any visa applicant, regardless of citizenship.  Been that way forever.  Examiners start from a point of view that all applicants intend to overstay.  The burden lies with the applicant to provide enough evidence otherwise.

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 02:34:52 AM »
About Schengen visa: no surprise for me, my daughter got her third Schengen for a month only from Czechs after visiting France and Italy without violations in previous two years.

Yes, but had she ever had a 1 year M/entry Schengen - or even a six month M/entry  one issued, before ?

I'm asking - not to be 'argumentative' - but to try to establish if there's a pattern of lessor visas being issued to a particular nation

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1902
Total: 1913

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM