It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Russian girls abandon their nation in need" (?)  (Read 23748 times)

Offline 55North

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
"Russian girls abandon their nation in need" (?)
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »
Without comment.  A newspaper article.

Pravda.ru
August 18, 2006
Russian girls abandon their nation in need

The number of Russian women who married foreigners is measured in hundreds of thousands.

A prominent Turkish TV station NTV proudly announced yesterday that in the past 10 years nearly 200 thousand Russian girls had married Turkish men.

The scope of the population loss for our country is naturally close to 800-900 thousand per year as it is, and the amount of women lost to the “bridal export” is causing this number to resemble a Biblical disaster. Politicians familiar with these statistics attempted to react to the mass decrease of reproductive-aged women last spring by updating the Citizenship Law. The lawmakers suggested that young women willingly abandoning their country should have their Russian citizenship revoked. Unfortunately Duma did not support the project as only three people voted “for.”

As the report shows the girls who choose to marry away come from depressed regions of Russia . An ordinary $200 tourist visit to Antalia is usually stated as the reason for departure. After experiencing a two-star hotel these impressionable girls decide to stay in Turkey for good in order that “the holiday may never end.” There are basically no obstacles to their decision since to produce a marriage certificate Turkey only requires the home state’s confirmation that the girl is unmarried and a fee of $40.

There are also hundreds of local marriage agencies that provide service to the girls without potential fiancées. Sadly, life in Turkish provinces radically differs from a life in a recreational hotel, and the pages of women’s magazines are packed with heartbreaking stories of disappointed Russian women. But the marital migration’s coin has another side. Out of the 200 thousand only 60 thousand women remained in their new homeland and the other 140 thousand were used by the Turkish guys as a means of transportation: in order to immigrate and get legalized in Russia.

Komsomolskaya Pravda
Translated by Natalia Vysotskaya

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Re: "Russian girls abandon their nation in need" (?)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:08:38 PM »
Yeah, your competitors wetern males  ;D

Offline 55North

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »
But not serious competitors.  A majority of us don't want emigrate TO Russia.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:26 PM »
Now that depends on how to look at this competition Because in some aspects hot young Turkish boys can be decent competitors to old fat males with green cards prospects  :P

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 12:31:27 PM »
Hey, for sure. Turkey is much better with the archaelogy [sic] when you can stand proudly on the ruins of Troy. Yummy! I can't wait to dig that.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline Doug S

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
My (now-wife) Olga, had a Turkish "boyfriend," whom she met while on vacation in the Crimea. (Turkish submarine was in port in Ukraine somewhere. Hot young Turkish sailors everywhere.

And Olga was seriously interested in the guy in terms eventual marriage. She had already decided it was time to find a suitable husband.

Turkish sailor guy dumped her for a Turkish chick. Can you imagine?

My good fortune, of course.

And by the way, as Elen has attested, Russian women love swarthy-looking guys (more so than blondies). (Also my good fortune to be half-Lebanese.) (Other half is Irish, by the way.)

What's also interesting about this article is that the populations of the FSU countries, including the birth rates, are declining. And the locals are getting sensitive as to the "why." It's a bitter-sweet trade-off between the money they make off the MOB "industry" and the price they are paying for it in terms of what is perhaps any country's most precious natural resource. And this is why the guys in the big hats can get nasty about the absence of a PMZ stamp in your Ukrainian wife's passport at Borispol.

DS

Offline 55North

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »
Elen, my fiancee previously had a Turkish boyfriend.  It's me she wants to marry.  No contest!

Seriously, though, the article does indicate that a significant quantity of RWs are still looking to leave (I'm thinking of discussions around this topic on this site.)  Are these the ones that failed to attract appropriate attention with men in the West?  I do know of some UWs who, quite frankly, are unlikely to ever score in the West (even though they are with a good agency), and they are pursuing Turkish options as a sort of half-hearted Plan B, especially while the sun's shining.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:49:00 PM by 55North »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »
Elen, my fiancee previously had a Turkish boyfriend.  It's me she wants to marry.  No contest!

Seriously, though, the article does indicate that a significant quantity of RWs are still looking to leave (I'm thinking of discussions around this topic on this site.)  Are these the ones that failed to attract appropriate attention with men in the West?  I do know of some UWs who, quite frankly, are unlikely to ever score in the West (they are with an agency), and the are pursuing Turkish options as a sort of half-hearted Plan B, especially while the sun's shining.
Look I though I was clear with my post that women could look for some other "aspects" in relationship with males but not only for green card ( the main your "advantage" in competition with Turkey guys) So don't be such overweening in your assumeption that Turkey boys are only for those who failed  with western males. Better check WHAT exactly western males are searching for women in FSU and WHY big age difference is lovely endless eternal topic at such boards
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:29:28 PM by Elen »

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »
Also Turkey is seen culturally as the oddball in the "Islamic" lands. Due to reforms in the 1920's, it has been fairly secular and progressive. Islamic traditions are prominent but learning and education are promoted heavily there. I wouldn't be too surprised to see RW looking to Turkey as a possibility. Most of the guys are friendly and kind.

But again, they win because they got the ruins of Troy. I really want to look at the history and legend of one of the beloved Grecian tales. Plus maybe hit up on a few Hittite sites while I'm at it!
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline 55North

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
Aren't the Hittites now in Albania (so to speak)?   

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »
Hi there!
I am exercizing, eating weeds, and trying to lose weight, so that I can compete with young
Turkish boys. What kind of place is Turkey? I have read numerous reports about Turkey and human
trafficing. Slaves for prostitution, etc.  I guess that's the dark side of Turkey.

Yes, women leave their homeland in search of economic security and conditions
favorable for creating a strong family. Love and romance do figure into the mix.
Opposing forces include their strong ties with friends, family, and a familiar culture.
Don't undersestimate those connections, ..like I did. Also consider this: if she gets
sick, she may be afraid of 'bad' American doctors and require a doctor in the FSU.
Hey- just food for thought. 

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »
Sorry, but the Hittites are kinda extinct now... about the center of prostitutions, that's way overblown. Again, don't believe the media gravy train. Of course, with all the negative press, I'm surprised that we don't get any positive flak for being here.

Offline beattledog

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
I remember seeing on tv a few weeks ago, an American emigrated from this country and went so a city in Siberia.  He started a McDonald's or Burgerks king francheses.  He become a mult-millionar.  If you are from Minnesota, what differnece would a few degrees make

Beattledog

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »
Unfortunately, I do think of MacDonalds or Burger King as a positive. In fact, fast food is pretty much the bane of the world.

I prefer a good homecooked meal.

Offline groovlstk

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 03:22:39 PM »

Yes, women leave their homeland in search of economic security and conditions
favorable for creating a strong family. Love and romance do figure into the mix.

Doug, I'd have endorsed this before I met my fiancee, but now I believe that love and romance are the most important elements of this mix.

If I had to pick a single piece of advice for guys just starting out, it would be never fall for or even consider marrying a girl who is not drop-dead crazy in love with you. I realize my fiancee has yet to step foot in the US and I don't wish to sound smug, but when I think back to the Ukrainian and Russian girls I met earlier, many were much too willing to roll the dice with me. I figured my knowledge of this would help me minimize the risk, but I shudder to think of our chances for success if I'd bought over a girl who genuinely liked me, was attracted to me, and trusted me implicitly -- yet didn't love me.

Offline Doug S

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 03:50:58 PM »
Photo-Doug,

I'm not picking on you, but you've got to shed some of this denial.

If a woman really, truly loves you and wants to be your wife, she will deal with her "strong ties with friends, family, and culture," leave them behind, start her new life, and build a suitable bridge later.

"I don't want to leave my mother alone" is almost always code for "I'm not all that crazy about you."

(Even worse, would be "I can't leave my friends." I think the last time a girl used that one to get rid of me was in Junior High.)

Skepticism of Western doctors, Western medicine is just another indicator that their heart's not really into what they are doing. See my thread about RWDMA vs. RW. Heed the advice of the guy who just said don't get involved unless they are drop dead crazy about you.

What kind of weeds are they, anyway?

DS

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »
Photo-Doug,

I'm not picking on you, but you've got to shed some of this denial.

If a woman really, truly loves you and wants to be your wife, she will deal with her "strong ties with friends, family, and culture," leave them behind, start her new life, and build a suitable bridge later.

"I don't want to leave my mother alone" is almost always code for "I'm not all that crazy about you."

(Even worse, would be "I can't leave my friends." I think the last time a girl used that one to get rid of me was in Junior High.)

Skepticism of Western doctors, Western medicine is just another indicator that their heart's not really into what they are doing. See my thread about RWDMA vs. RW. Heed the advice of the guy who just said don't get involved unless they are drop dead crazy about you.

What kind of weeds are they, anyway?

DS

After her mother told her that her crazy father was refusing to go to work, on a hunger strike, and staring
at the walls because he had 'lost his only daughter', Larisa began to consider returning to Ukraine. This
hit her like an emotional sledgehammer and her decision wavered from day to day, torn between
staying and going back. Add to the mix, the fact that her parents had already lost a young daughter
and you may be able to imagine how emotional the situation was.  So sure, she went back home
because ..she was not all that crazy about me, but I do not think that was the reality.
Nice joke about the weed. 

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »

Seriously, though, the article does indicate that a significant quantity of RWs are still looking to leave (I'm thinking of discussions around this topic on this site.)  Are these the ones that failed to attract appropriate attention with men in the West?  I do know of some UWs who, quite frankly, are unlikely to ever score in the West (even though they are with a good agency), and they are pursuing Turkish options as a sort of half-hearted Plan B, especially while the sun's shining.

They don't leave. Of the 200k mentioned, 140k ended up in Russia with their guys.

Basically this is the same game as you lot are playing. Russian women get younger and prettier guys becasue many Turkish guys are very poor and see Russia as an opportunity.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »
hot young Turkish boys can be decent competitors to old fat males with green cards prospects  :P

Russian women get younger and prettier guys becasue many Turkish guys are very poor and see Russia as an opportunity.

So Turk scammers may be the new, upcoming trend.
Imagine the poetic justice of FSU scammers becoming entangled with them ;D.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:46:14 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Adel

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »
Russian woman killed, Turkish man wounded in Turkey bar
RIA NOVOSTI. August 18, 2006, 8:49 PM

ANKARA, August 18 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian female tourist died of a gunshot wound and a Turkish citizen was badly hurt after a masked man opened fire in a bar in a Turkish resort, the Russian consul said Friday.
Sergei Alifanov said the 36-year-old woman was from Lipetsk, 500 km southeast of Moscow, and had traveled to Antalya on a package tour.
Local police said the shots had been fired from an automatic hunting weapon. The search for the assailant is continuing, the consul said.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »
If I had to pick a single piece of advice for guys just starting out, it would be never fall for or even consider marrying a girl who is not drop-dead crazy in love with you.

Amen to that. It is damn good insurance as long as she isn't drop-dead crazy.

Maxx

Offline Oiler

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »
Why would any intelligent RW go to Turkey? That country is known to have sex slave rings exporting girls out to other countries.

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 01:51:40 AM »
Why would any intelligent RW go to Turkey? That country is known to have sex slave rings exporting girls out to other countries.

Mainly because there are no strict visa requirements.  A few dollars or euro at the border and that's it.  Second, because it is still relatively cheap to vacation there. Third, a lot of travellers to Turkey are stocking up with items to sell back home.

The adult entertainment industry there will never go away but hopefully will recede a bit as the economic situation in FSU improves. 

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 03:11:41 AM »

Why do you presume that it's all about sex "slavery" for female? Times change, males  ;)

What if there are enough intelligent RW who can't get that sex ( well it's even not about only sex but about males attention in general) from Russian males and Turkey guy are rather good in that ?

And it's not about improving economic situation in FSU  - it's otherwise about bad economy in Turkey  :P And some ( well rather many)  RW  go to Turkey like German women go there and like American women go to Cuba ( or other latin contry) because back in home their "intelligence" could help little to get that attetion they wish from local males ( for various reasons)

------------------------------

PS don't take me wrong Turkey is first of all a place for just vacations at a sea beach with rather good service for little money and a place for trading business It's just this topic started with "that" side of travelling to Turkey wich dose exist as well

Offline BC

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 03:18:58 AM »

And it's not about improving economic situation in FSU  - it's otherwise about bad economy in Turkey  :P

Somehow I knew that was coming Elen!  ;D

I'm sure FSU countries have a good pool of skilled workers that could probably produce quality consumer goods at a reasonable price.. Why is this not happening?  It would be really refreshing to go down to a local store here and see some RU products mixed in with Chineese, Korean, Turkish, Japaneese etc..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541392
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701