It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Neutral Territory"  (Read 12596 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
Re: "Neutral Territory"
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
I would not label these RM as boyfriends.   Boyfriend suggests the two have a serious relationship that could progress to marriage, and I don't think that is the actual case with "many" RW.  A RM boyfriend would never allow his woman to be meeting foreigners, unless she is scamming them.

Then they're "Friends with benefits."
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
In Tennessee, we phrase it as friends with "privileges" in those situations.

Today's teen term seems to be F***Buddies. <Shudder  :ohbrother:>
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
One measure of love is to not think about anyone else.  

I agree.

Probably I take the first steps for building a relationship too seriously  :)  There was a case in my life when after two dates with a man I saw him with other woman when he told me he was busy at work , so I asked him not to call me any more.

Besides, in the words of Donna Pedro, if a man wants a guarantee, he should buy a toaster.

I thought it was one of the Clint Eastwood's quote "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster"

In any case why man and woman should say the words of commitment to each other if it means nothing. 

BTW thanks guys for you views and opinions. Once more I feel happy I have met my Robert.  :) Suum cuique.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:12:25 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Ulysses

• On On
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »
Hello all,
    Sorry for a delay in responding to my own post.......but it was good to see the playing out of the thoughts and treads.......always interesting guys.....and girls.
    Oh yeah, I'm still on tap for the trip.....in July....and more aware of the risks inherent in such a "large" investment.
But even in considering the worst-case senerio, I'll still come away from it all OK.  I've already decided to have a good time......and that's it 8)   
    My thinking in the process was similar to Sculpto's and Blues Fairy's.......an unfolding adventure that has an air of mystery and uncertainty.  We both have been to Paris before, no great illusions or unreal expectations......just the chance for us both to be away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life(we both have busy lives with it's pecular demands) and family to see if the words we've spoken across the miles can really hold water.  We'll have our own set of problems and details to solve during that week......and our French/Russian/English manage' will be one of those things to deal with.   But we both are mature adults....as she stated...."with much experience behind our shoulders", and the sense of adventure still speaks to both of us.
   As for the concerns aired by Mendeleyev, I too have the best of respect for her and family.....and would do nothing to dilute or diminish such.  If this trip finds the chemistry there, then there will be many other times for the cultivation of those family roots......and you would find me VERY involved in it all. 

And besides, I've been to Kiev 3x last year and I just really needed to be exposed to another culture this go around....... ;D   So it's off soon to those out-of-the-way sidewalk cafes and parks, off-the-beaten-path spots, less expensive foods and cheap wine......yea yah!!!!!!
  Ulysses

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843