It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Wealth  (Read 22647 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Wealth
« on: May 26, 2021, 02:39:58 AM »
From Trenchies latest topic:

Quote from: Trench
will get to the point anyway, I don't think FSW give up all they have in the FSU, if they have anything, family, friends, job, home, etc to get with a western guy unless they envisage a much better life. Many girls want a guy yes but to leave a life behind where it had any worth they aren't going to do it unless a guy can offer a good standard of living. If she's a pretty girl she's going to want a very good standard of living.

According to Trench, wealth is an indicator of success in this venture so I’d like some discussion on what constitutes wealth, in your opinion, and whether just being well off  as opposed to wealthy is sufficient.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Wealth
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 03:32:31 AM »
From Trenchies latest topic:

According to Trench, wealth is an indicator of success in this venture so I’d like some discussion on what constitutes wealth, in your opinion, and whether just being well off  as opposed to wealthy is sufficient.

Well off may be sufficient in this venture if you go after the everyday looking FSW. Very pretty FSW will have more lofty dreams, Prince Charming and Snowhite like. In all fairness us men are no less superficial. I've never heard a guy on here say that he chose the less attractive girl because she had a wonderful personality. Guys on here always bang on about how beautiful a girl is, even if she is below average on looks we always equate everything to looks. First talk a guy who first comes on here is normally about how beautiful a woman is he is getting involved with.

A girl wanting a guy because he is wealthy is unpalatable to most guys. In Ukraine though for many women it is a way out of a poverty and uncomfortable living for many. So even if a girl turns me down on wealth I don't take offense I just think men here should be aware of it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:30:40 AM »
Well off may be sufficient in this venture if you go after the everyday looking FSW. Very pretty FSW will have more lofty dreams, Prince Charming and Snowhite like. In all fairness us men are no less superficial. I've never heard a guy on here say that he chose the less attractive girl because she had a wonderful personality. Guys on here always bang on about how beautiful a girl is, even if she is below average on looks we always equate everything to looks. First talk a guy who first comes on here is normally about how beautiful a woman is he is getting involved with.

A girl wanting a guy because he is wealthy is unpalatable to most guys. In Ukraine though for many women it is a way out of a poverty and uncomfortable living for many. So even if a girl turns me down on wealth I don't take offense I just think men here should be aware of it.
Again, you ignore the point of my post and start rambling on ad nauseum.
Get to the point.
What do you consider to be ‘wealthy’?

Also, all your talk of ‘beautiful’ and 8-10’s ignores a very basic truth, everyone’s ideal of beauty is going to be different. People have different preference. Some men even like fat women.
So all your classification of women like they were cattle is just BS.
To me, my wife is simply the most beautiful woman there is and not because of how she looks externally but from the beauty within. That makes her the person she is.
No amount of wealth can buy that Trench
Others would certainly differ in their perceptions.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 05:11:19 AM »
Again, you ignore the point of my post and start rambling on ad nauseum.
Get to the point.
What do you consider to be ‘wealthy’?

Also, all your talk of ‘beautiful’ and 8-10’s ignores a very basic truth, everyone’s ideal of beauty is going to be different. People have different preference. Some men even like fat women.
So all your classification of women like they were cattle is just BS.
To me, my wife is simply the most beautiful woman there is and not because of how she looks externally but from the beauty within. That makes her the person she is.
No amount of wealth can buy that Trench
Others would certainly differ in their perceptions.

BS to all this beauty within rubbish JG, yes beautiful women on the outside can be right cows but when guys start harping on about beauty within they are normally papering over some aspect of their relationship. Most guys given the chance would go for a model looking girl if she has a nice enough personality and would be into him. Give me an example of a Hollywood male stud who has hooked up with an ugly or everyday looks girl for the beauty within.

You seem to want to refuse to believe that some girls out in the FSU are just after a guy with wealth, this quote from Ced:

"She had me steer clear of some of the more beautiful women who she said were materialistic"

So if you will not believe me will you believe a FSW taking about other beautiful FSW to another poster. I don't think this is BS somehow. Japs will tell you the same but you don't think FSW go after wealthy guys. A everyday girl knows that most really rich guys won't look at her as all the very beautiful women go after them and she won't get a look in. Yes it varies a little what people find attractive but most people can agree that a very beautiful woman looks attractive to most people. I don't really see why you find it so difficult to fall in other than fearing the truth of why your wife is with you.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 05:18:37 AM »
BS to all this beauty within rubbish JG, yes beautiful women on the outside can be right cows but when guys start harping on about beauty within they are normally papering over some aspect of their relationship. Most guys given the chance would go for a model looking girl if she has a nice enough personality and would be into him. Give me an example of a Hollywood male stud who has hooked up with an ugly or everyday looks girl for the beauty within.

You seem to want to refuse to believe that some girls out in the FSU are just after a guy with wealth, this quote from Ced:

"She had me steer clear of some of the more beautiful women who she said were materialistic"

So if you will not believe me will you believe a FSW taking about other beautiful FSW to another poster. I don't think this is BS somehow. Japs will tell you the same but you don't think FSW go after wealthy guys. A everyday girl knows that most really rich guys won't look at her as all the very beautiful women go after them and she won't get a look in. Yes it varies a little what people find attractive but most people can agree that a very beautiful woman looks attractive to most people. I don't really see why you find it so difficult to fall in other than fearing the truth of why your wife is with you.
I think I’d rather trust my own experience, knowledge and instincts than the ramblings of some oddity who has zero experience of relationships and women, has some serious complexes over his lack of money or the musings of some tattooed gym junkie who thinks he’s Gods gift to women.  :cluebat:

As to why my wife is with me? It certainly isn’t for money, unless you know my bank balance better than me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 05:21:23 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 06:32:37 AM »
I think I’d rather trust my own experience
As to why my wife is with me? It certainly isn’t for money ....
'Wealth' is a relative concept. We have all heard the old platitude---Be it ever so humble there is no place like home.
Stability is more important than having big bucks. If a women is primarily interested in the big bucks... a failure is imminent.
In the old [really old] days, if a man wanted wife, he had to go and build a home for her and if it met her approval [because after all she have to live there too] she would accept the man as her spouse.
Putting yourself in a lady's position what would you rather have...an apartment you will never own...or own a house with a yard and a fence around it and there you will make your stand?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 06:58:03 AM »
what would you rather have...an apartment you will never own...or own a house with a yard and a fence around it and there you will make your stand?

Aside from the 'own' aspect . . . we have read here and I have encountered FSU gals who do not want to live in a stand alone house with a yard, instead insisting on living in the city center in a crowded apartment building.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 07:00:29 AM »
Of course, many definitions of wealth . . . but I sure would not have wanted to pursue this endeavor living on a small weekly paycheck and without a very large existing bank/savings/investment account.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 07:14:49 AM »
'Wealth' is a relative concept. We have all heard the old platitude---Be it ever so humble there is no place like home.
Stability is more important than having big bucks. If a women is primarily interested in the big bucks... a failure is imminent.
In the old [really old] days, if a man wanted wife, he had to go and build a home for her and if it met her approval [because after all she have to live there too] she would accept the man as her spouse.
Putting yourself in a lady's position what would you rather have...an apartment you will never own...or own a house with a yard and a fence around it and there you will make your stand?

Well said tfcrew. When I'm talking about wealth I'm not talking about a gold digger who just wants to turn up to nab whatever. I'm talking more about the comfort of life a guy can put her in. Now most women I think are atunned to some extent to go for a guy who can provide a level of comfort. Some guys of course can provide more than others. A guy with a nice large spacious well decorated house with a fairly large pool out back in and a fairly large lush back garden and a nice large newish Audi or similar out front is going to have greater appeal than a guy who is renting a semi on some social housing estate and has some old banger that keeps breaking down (not me).

Now of course is the guy with the nice house above is ugly and fat and the girl gets turned of by ugly fat guys that many girls do then she'll likely take it in mind. However if she happens to be one of the few girls who are chubby chasers she may think him wonderful and her mind adjusts more in his favour. If on the other hand she just wants into the country followed by a large divorce settlement a few years later she'll just stomach anything and just go for it.

Then we come to social skills. Is the guy in the nice large house a boring IT geek that can only talk about practical often technical stuff, serious stuff and has little idea of humour, fun conversation, etc. If so again most girls will take it into consideration, as a negative on him, and may adjust their view accordingly. A few girls may be boring IT geeks themselves and get incredibly into the serious technical talk so it takes all kinds and they may view him in a more positive way. The guy on the council estate meanwhile may have great social skills and be a blast for most women to be around but struggles to stay in a job for long without boredom kicking in and screwing up the job.

So there can be many aspects and all have value, the point is in many cases particularly for girls from a country that is not all that wealthy and neither are they the guy who they see as possibly being able to provide the nice big house comfortable lifestyle well it comes as a big pull for them.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 07:16:16 AM »
Of course, many definitions of wealth . . . but I sure would not have wanted to pursue this endeavor living on a small weekly paycheck and without a very large existing bank/savings/investment account.
Certainly, it’s by no means something to be undertaken on a small income but did you consider yourself ‘wealthy’ at the time?

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 07:41:58 AM »
Certainly, it’s by no means something to be undertaken on a small income but did you consider yourself ‘wealthy’ at the time?

Yes, by any standard definition I was wealthy.

I am not so wealthy now, having given a lot to set up trust funds for grandchildren and signed over properties to my two children.

I also gave away my shares (Founders Stock) of a few small businesses to those who were actually operating them.  I had only done some easy (for me) financial work to help set up the businesses and took the shares as payment.

FSU wife knew about this 'giving away' and approved of it.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2021, 08:16:30 AM »

FSU wife knew about this 'giving away' and approved of it.

That's because you found and married a Good Girl. You won her heart
which is the Grand Prize
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »
Aside from the 'own' aspect . . . we have read here and I have encountered FSU gals who do not want to live in a stand alone house with a yard, instead insisting on living in the city center in a crowded apartment building.
Yeah...mine did too. She is a big city girl from Odessa living on the 9th floor of her block.
 However, with all the fires, shootings and other crime, parking issues, noise and crappy traffic messes in Dallas...you couldn't drag her away from her [paid for] suburban house now with a team of wild horses.
Like I said...people rent an apartment that they will never own and the rent keeps going up.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »

In a nutshell, this is pretty common in just about any annals of existence in the wild and in a lot of civilized societies.

In animal kingdom, to attract a mate most of the time a male need to show strength, stability, security, etc...to a female before he can be considered a suitable mate for her to bear her young with.

In many societies, a man is labored to display relative wealth, well-being, or some evidence of his ability, resources and capacity to provide before a woman's father/family can permit their daughter for marriage. In our western societies, while it isn't always mainstream, it is an advantage to posses 'wealth' when pursuing objects of social desires.

Let's not kid ourselves, the MOB wouldn't exist had there been no economic disparities between nations. To deny  the 'wealth' of one bears no relevant significance in the pursuit of a wife from an economically challenged country is not being truthful.

The fact FSUWs prefer living in the city, despite its cramped existence, because of the notion it represents wealth vs. living in the outskirts, that in their inherent minds, represent 'provincial' and impoverished standard of living; is a nice indicator of the prevailing mindset in the FSU and places like it.

To many old members, I'm sure they'll remember Scott Jay's story about this subject.

I will never recommend this pursuit to anyone here in the US for the very simple reason of the cultural differences and *mentality*. But for any men pursuing this route, do understand 'wealth', or the (simple/token) availability of viable financial resource is so very significant, and will play a major role in the success of your ultimate relationship with a woman from this industry/venue. While none is an absolution, the very vast majority of cases will prove to be true.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:44:38 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Wealth
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 12:47:58 PM »

That is what they are familiar with, it's all they know. They don't envision grilling
steaks, shrimp and corn on the cob on the barbecue in the back yard with friends
and family. They don't envision tasteless rock hard tomatoes in the supermarket
when they can grow mouth watering versions in the yard along with flowers that
can be cut and placed on the table day after day.

Run a clothesline outside and tell them how you never have to dunk under it
since you have it up only when you miss being in Russia because you have a
freaking Utility Room and it has a dryer for laundry and nobody ever poops in
the laundry room unless you are one of those foul humans who would allow a
cat to sh!t in box in the house. 

They don't know how quiet it is in a house when the neighbors are F#cking or
fighting or have a crying baby. Clean out a drawer or a cupboard and take a
photo of it. They may have never seen one. Every square inch of space in a
Russian Apartment is filled to the brim.

Show them the pantry filled with flour, sugar, canned food. Tell them how often
you go grocery shopping each week since they go shopping nearly every day.
Show them the second bath that you have so they can imagine that two people
can pee at the same time just different places.

Tell her to imagine the two year old (that you are going to make with her) playing
naked in the back yard kiddie pool on a hot day. 

FSUW really don't like to have this stuff explained to them that way. Apartment living
is fine for single people who like the high speed city lifestyle but crap for families and
babies. If she is younger than 40 she probably wants a baby so that is the easiest
way to sell the idea. She won't be able to hit the clubs and then teeter home on high
heels at 2 am but a house is totally able to handle a crib, one of those little swings,
diaper bags, a spare bedroom or office, etc, etc.

98% of the people in Russia have sex with another person that they are NOT having
sex with less than 3 meters away1.

Udachi!

Bill

1. I totally made up that stat
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:04:46 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Wealth
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 01:14:27 PM »
While none is an absolution.

You just gave Trench the absolution he needs to continue littering the forum
with all his crap theories.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »
That's a good run through of all the plus points living in the west can bring Bill :) I don't think a lot of FSW think about it a lot as many haven't experience of it. The closest they might have is living out in the country/dacha living but most likely that probably doesn't come with as nearly a comfortable set up. Could be something to bring up with a FSW I'm guessing she would either start to resent you or see more reason to get with you lol.

Here in the UK the situation is probably a bit different to the US. Here prices for housing is going through the roof even for small places so you likely get a lot less for your money compared to in the US. Most new build housing has gone back to the old Victorian workmans terrace size of housing but instead of in long rows of terraces just in small clusters of three or four or so then a space then another cluster or a road to break them up in between. That size of house is a 3 bed new build house these days and the rooms are small and cramped feeling, a space for a bed, a wardrobe and if your lucky a bedside table and that's it. The living room downstairs is equally as small and usually a small kitchen often at the back of the house next to it. Outside the back garden is about two parking spaces large, the front garden often consists of about a half meter strip of grass from the front footpath. Unlike the US we still have footpaths here to try to encourage people to walk rather than just drive everywhere. In Southern England a new build three bed house that I have mentioned would set you back about £300k. So that's a lot of money for such a tiny house. They do tend to be done in a nice fancy brick style so look nice enough at least. Cost of land & building materials often prohibits larger new build three bed houses.

Even still I'm guessing the above is still a little better than the concrete block apartment Bill has mentioned. My house in South Wales being more towards the old Victorian is similar size to the new build three bed but outside a but bigger garden out back and a bit more front garden to the house as well. Inside I have installed en-suite W/C to every room so getting quite nice. I fully own it all but never really been sure how a FSW would view it, a step up or a bit smallish? I'm guessing the same money that I could sell the house for here roughly £150k (as cheaper in Wales than southern England) I could buy a good property in the US in many but not all parts.

Either way guess at least I'm not paying any rent or mortgage.

Offline Lord of the Dance

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2021, 02:47:15 PM »
Wealth isn't everything but it doesn't hurt either. For many years my uncle owned a Learjet-35. As a business asset, it helped him to get from city to city in record time. I could purchase such an aircraft myself, but am too proud to do so. I'm currently building a single-engine sport utility aircraft from a kit and working on my fixed-wing license. It's important not to let wealth steal your soul... it'll never give it back.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2021, 03:01:55 PM »
BS to all this beauty within rubbish JG, yes beautiful women on the outside can be right cows but when guys start harping on about beauty within they are normally papering over some aspect of their relationship. Most guys given the chance would go for a model looking girl if she has a nice enough personality and would be into him. Give me an example of a Hollywood male stud who has hooked up with an ugly or everyday looks girl for the beauty.

Trench, when most guys get to your age, what becomes important is what’s on the inside. Sure there needs to be some physical attraction, but overwhelmingly her personality becomes the most attractive aspect. It’s usually guys who have never been married and have limited relationship experience or believe the PPL BS, that chase women way out of their league, because they have never experienced the amazing emotional connection you can have with a woman’s mind.

I’ve shared this with Pat privately and some pictures, but when I was first divorced I met a stunningly attractive 28 year old woman who comes from an extremely wealthy family in the tune of 350 million US..... I’ll call her M. K is an attractive woman for her age, but if K is a 6-7, M is a 10. M is a very nice woman on the inside too, she occasionally drank a little too much for my liking, but she definitely wasn’t an alcoholic or regular binge drinker like my ex. She’s way out of my league, but you know how I won her heart?.... We shared similar experiences in our marriages and over the space of 2 months of talking she developed a strong emotional connection to me, that was so strong that she did all the pursuing.

When I returned from Russia and things fell apart with K, I fell back into a relationship with M, but the allure of K’s personally and the chemistry we had caused me to break it off with my M and try to resurrect things with K (which I’ve done). Before this happened I kept my options open and chatted with many genuine FSU women, some more attractive than K. None compared to her because had a strong emotional connection with K.

This is what John is taking about. I’m sure if the hottest Russian super model hit on him, he would reject her because he loves his wife inside and out and only has eyes for her. I told you a while back that initially you may notice things that detract from a woman physically..... eg-: a of proportion nose like the girl you met, but after you get to know her more and chemistry builds you wouldn’t change those things, because that what make her unique and who she is.

Forget the 8’s and 10’s..... Bill has said many times to find a good girl..... Listen to him, he knows what he’s taking about!!!. Your not a teenager or young 20 year old anymore who dreams of hot models, you’re a middle aged guy with limited relationship experience, find a good girl and don’t waste your life chasing a fantasy..... Trust me, you’ll regret it in the future!!

Ohh!!..... Maybe you should follow Huge Jackmans example. He’s a hot hollywood hunk who could have any woman he wants, but he’s married to an average woman because he loves her for what’s on the inside, not her physical appearance.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:50:46 PM by Davo »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
...I'm guessing the same money that I could sell the house for here roughly £150k (as cheaper in Wales than southern England) I could buy a good property in the US in many but not all parts.

LMAO. Maybe in Bumfu@k, Alabama. No offense to the 'tides.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2021, 03:47:26 PM »
Here in the UK the situation is probably a bit different to the US. Here prices for housing is going through the roof...
Actually...no difference. Consequently..there is a housing shortage. The tax offices are also more than eager to raise it's rates on everybody.  $$GREED$$

...but bigger garden out back and a bit more front garden to the house as well.
Not too many personal gardens in apartment buildings huh? 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2021, 10:16:31 PM »
It certainly is. That’s why I asked the question, which Trench seems quite reluctant to answer.
I think it’s fair to assume that his understanding of wealth would apply to most people with a higher income than himself but most people would apply different standards.

I’ll repeat the question. What is wealth? Is it a high net worth? Is it sizeable assets other than cash? Is it high disposable income?
In two of these scenarios one could be considered wealthy but have no cash at hand.
In the 3rd scenarios one could be earning a high  salary but the fixed outgoings are equally high leaving you with little disposable income.
Or you could be a Trench. With some small assets, limited income but small outgoings.

What Trench misconstrues as wealth is actually just the fact that most of those who succeed here are generally successful in what they do enabling a comfortable standard of living.
To add.

Successful people generally have many positive attributes which women would find attractive.
It’s these attributes which contribute more to the success we have had in our personal lives rather than any notion of wealth being the primary driver for a women’s motivation to seek a mate.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:21:13 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 02:13:31 AM »
Trench, when most guys get to your age, what becomes important is what’s on the inside. Sure there needs to be some physical attraction, but overwhelmingly her personality becomes the most attractive aspect. It’s usually guys who have never been married and have limited relationship experience or believe the PPL BS, that chase women way out of their league, because they have never experienced the amazing emotional connection you can have with a woman’s mind.

I’ve shared this with Pat privately and some pictures, but when I was first divorced I met a stunningly attractive 28 year old woman who comes from an extremely wealthy family in the tune of 350 million US..... I’ll call her M. K is an attractive woman for her age, but if K is a 6-7, M is a 10. M is a very nice woman on the inside too, she occasionally drank a little too much for my liking, but she definitely wasn’t an alcoholic or regular binge drinker like my ex. She’s way out of my league, but you know how I won her heart?.... We shared similar experiences in our marriages and over the space of 2 months of talking she developed a strong emotional connection to me, that was so strong that she did all the pursuing.

When I returned from Russia and things fell apart with K, I fell back into a relationship with M, but the allure of K’s personally and the chemistry we had caused me to break it off with my M and try to resurrect things with K (which I’ve done). Before this happened I kept my options open and chatted with many genuine FSU women, some more attractive than K. None compared to her because had a strong emotional connection with K.

This is what John is taking about. I’m sure if the hottest Russian super model hit on him, he would reject her because he loves his wife inside and out and only has eyes for her. I told you a while back that initially you may notice things that detract from a woman physically..... eg-: a of proportion nose like the girl you met, but after you get to know her more and chemistry builds you wouldn’t change those things, because that what make her unique and who she is.

Forget the 8’s and 10’s..... Bill has said many times to find a good girl..... Listen to him, he knows what he’s taking about!!!. Your not a teenager or young 20 year old anymore who dreams of hot models, you’re a middle aged guy with limited relationship experience, find a good girl and don’t waste your life chasing a fantasy..... Trust me, you’ll regret it in the future!!

Ohh!!..... Maybe you should follow Huge Jackmans example. He’s a hot hollywood hunk who could have any woman he wants, but he’s married to an average woman because he loves her for what’s on the inside, not her physical appearance.

Davo when I said, "BS to all this beauty within rubbish" I didn't really mean to go for the hottie as a result. For me the hottie will likely be a disaster every time I know that. Being hot looking gives a girl a lot of power and they will mess guys up who they think aren't good enough. In essence you have to be winning in at least one if not several areas to hack it long term with a hot girl, looks, wealth, social skills, etc unless of course the hot looking girl is deficient in another area herself such as social skills etc. I've actually seen hot girls that are hot looking above the average but are real quiet so you get all types.

I don't score highly enough in any particular area so hence why hit girls would tend to be a disaster for me unless she was low scoring in an area or marred in some way. No when I said, "BS to all this beauty within rubbish" I didn't mean to for a hot girl but that I feel some guys use it to rationalize going with any girl that will accept them. I also think that people treat people differently depending on who they are and what is at play. Some people may be genuinely nicer as a result of genes or knowing that their looks won't carry them, it all varies. Most people are average looking and will likely as a result get with another person who is average looking if they get together at all. End of the day if a relationship is to survive they need to get on together. Aside from that they will want to be into each other and what's on the inside can help with that but I think in terms of hypergamy they likely will score roughly equal and not be aware that that is at play behind it all.

In your case with M well there remains the situation that some people on this earth will be at the extreme end doing well in so many areas that they may find it difficult to find someone who compares. In that case they have no choice other than to look for the closest match or stay single all their life. It's all a case of pragmatics in those situations I believe.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2021, 02:49:43 AM »
It certainly is. That’s why I asked the question, which Trench seems quite reluctant to answer.
I think it’s fair to assume that his understanding of wealth would apply to most people with a higher income than himself but most people would apply different standards.

I’ll repeat the question. What is wealth? Is it a high net worth? Is it sizeable assets other than cash? Is it high disposable income?
In two of these scenarios one could be considered wealthy but have no cash at hand.
In the 3rd scenarios one could be earning a high  salary but the fixed outgoings are equally high leaving you with little disposable income.
Or you could be a Trench. With some small assets, limited income but small outgoings.

What Trench misconstrues as wealth is actually just the fact that most of those who succeed here are generally successful in what they do enabling a comfortable standard of living.
To add.

Successful people generally have many positive attributes which women would find attractive.
It’s these attributes which contribute more to the success we have had in our personal lives rather than any notion of wealth being the primary driver for a women’s motivation to seek a mate.

I think it's probably fair to say that people regard wealth most often from what they see JG, they don't or can't see real wealth. It's why some people go around putting on a big show for everyone else's viewing. They hire out expensive cars, always buy expensive fashion brand clothing, won't get their hands dirty, talk the talk, be seen to make the biggest donations, may rent an expensive property, etc. They can of course go to far and fall on their face as it can be a precarious way to carry on. They spend a lot of money, never really have a lot of money but to most other people they appear wealthy.

On the other hand you can have people with real wealth who spend very little and watch every penny scrimping and saving even though they don't really need to. They can have a house worth a lot with a lot of money in the bank but to many an onlooker may look poor and hard up lol.

"Or you could be a Trench. With some small assets, limited income but small outgoings"

In my case it's fairly difficult to say I think. Certainly I don't think I'm rich not like a Hollywood Star with a big mansion all paid up for, huge income but perhaps largish outgoings.

Here in the UK I may look quite wealthy on paper to a proportion of the population who are renting or struggling with paying a mortgage. Many people rent and can't get a mortgage but long to buy a house at the moment so to them I may be seen as pretty wealthy in not just owning a house, as small as it is but in having no mortgage as well. Myself though I think looking from the outside my house looks pretty small, inside I don't think it is so bad, not really cramped or anything as I chose to covert/extend the house rather than partition rooms of smaller. The room at the front of my house upstairs goes across the whole width of the property as does the room at the back. I did that to get a decent sized room as many properties around here people have partitioned between the two windows upstairs and made two tiny rooms, so probably poor looking.

I myself sometimes look around and wonder if it is worth it. If I lived in social housing I wouldn't have to bother with house conversion or spend out on maintenance issues or be responsible for anything to do with the house. If I became unemployment I would get my rent paid. Then on the other hand with my present house worth £150k I could get a mortgage buy another house rent that out as well. Apart from getting both paid off over time I could look more wealthy to the casual observer as I would have two houses where most only have one or none in terms of ownership. Of course the bank would own part of one house or both but that would likely go largely unnoticed by the casual observer. Another option would be to sell or mortgage up this house and get a mortgage and buy a bigger house. Then I could be seen as more wealthy as one big house is more easily seen/known about than one or two small houses.

Businesses can be similar I think, you can have staff working for you afford to pay them, not even take home minimum wage a month or turn any decent profit. Some people put all their money into the business and rent their house, some even claim benefits. To the outsider though the appearance of them running a business makes them look rich.

That all said I think of course there are some people around with a high net worth, assets, etc that are clearly wealthy beyond most of the country. At the extremes guys like Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, etc have big wealth, they might lose it on bad investments etc but odds are they won't and will remain wealthy.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2021, 06:18:08 AM »
Hilarious story here, pretty relevant for this discussion lol:

"Waiter recalls customer who left a large tip to impress date then secretly asked for amount to be lowered | The Independent" http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/waiter-restaurant-tip-reddit-date-b1853793.html?amp

Honestly before anyone says it, this wasn't me :ROFL:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541010
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1910
Total: 1921

+-Recent Posts

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM