It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad  (Read 52514 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« on: August 04, 2021, 05:15:51 AM »
Ok well I went and got myself the second pneumonia vaccine jab yesterday. A year ago now I got the PCV pneumonia vaccine yesterday I got the PPV pneumonia vaccine. The nurse at the pharmacy I went too said that I'll get the PPV pneumonia jab for free when I'm 65 and that it may not be as effective or work at all if I have it now. This doesn't bother me as odds are they will have new pneumonia vaccines by then and even if not over 65 is not known for being the best quality years of your life so banging on for years on end at that age is not something that bothers me. I would rather have it now as apparently this winter could be a bad one. Here in the UK there could be a lot of Norovirus going around, the Flu, Pneumonia, Coronavirus, etc. Abroad of course being in a Ukrainian hospital isn't great so the more protection you have I figure the less likely it will be to end up suffering in one.

Here in the UK you can pay to get all sorts of vaccines these days, two of the largest pharmacies that do them are:

http://healthclinics.superdrug.com/services/

http://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations

Both can be booked online so pretty handy.

The NHS give info on Pneumonia vaccines also:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pneumococcal-vaccination/

The pharmacies also do a vaccine for HPV, can't remember if that was what our Mobers had as in being infected with but without a cure at the time.

Anyway, it could turn into a bit of a past time of mine going around and getting vaccinated up against all these problems at home or fir when in the FSU.

Next up is my flu jab for this winter which is mid-September.

Anyone else getting all jabbed up for extra protection?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 05:36:09 AM »
Geesh, just the mindset that you actually need all these jabs to live your life is testament that you are all in on the plandemic. Just remember with every jab you decrease your body's ability to fight pathogens

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 07:01:36 AM »
Geesh, just the mindset that you actually need all these jabs to live your life is testament that you are all in on the plandemic. Just remember with every jab you decrease your body's ability to fight pathogens

Technically it increases. Traditional vaccines such as these just inject dead virus into you which in turn galvanised your immune system into action. New vaccine technology who knows, I decided to let others guinea pig that technology as I went for the AZ vaccine. So hopefully I'll be avoiding hospital this winter. I'm taking vitamin tablets and trying to keep a relatively good diet and exercise a bit. That too can help avoid getting ill abroad I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 08:52:15 AM »

I hear they're proposing draconian laws in Europe. Seen massive protests fighting against it. Do you feel any pressure Trench? In the effort to save your lives, they want to make vaccine passports mandatory. No exceptions given to those who have natural immunity. They aren't even testing people to see if they have natural immunity. It's possible over half the population has natural immunity already since most of us are asymptomatic. Without a vaccine passport, you won't have a job, can't travel, and lose other benefits like shopping for food. Without proof of vaccination, they will make people penniless and their life miserable if they don't die from starvation first. Hard to believe we've come to this but that is the direction that is proposed.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:17:27 AM »

I hear they're proposing draconian laws in Europe. Seen massive protests fighting against it. Do you feel any pressure Trench? In the effort to save your lives, they want to make vaccine passports mandatory. No exceptions given to those who have natural immunity. They aren't even testing people to see if they have natural immunity. It's possible over half the population has natural immunity already since most of us are asymptomatic. Without a vaccine passport, you won't have a job, can't travel, and lose other benefits like shopping for food. Without proof of vaccination, they will make people penniless and their life miserable if they don't die from starvation first. Hard to believe we've come to this but that is the direction that is proposed.

I don't feel any pressure. I voluntarily decided to get the AZ vaccine but had I just been offered Pfizer, Moderna, etc I would have turned it down. I can see why they want people to be vaccinated at the moment if they travel or prove they don't likely have the vaccine through a test. Thing is you don't really know if someone has natural immunity, they may suppose they do but may not. Then they could be at risk themselves or risk spreading the virus to others without others having a say in the matter. It really all depends what is meant by vaccine passport. At the moment most countries require you to have proof of Vaccination or a recent test and I think that is fine. If it goes to Draconian measures such as denying work, except where the vulnerable are present of course etc to force people into it then I think that would be the wrong way about it. For me the current status quo seems a reasonable solution for all people. A use of a vaccine passport as a form of imposing an ID card on the population would be a wrong way to go I think. Current measures for travelling should only be used for as long as a serious threat from the virus remains I believe.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 11:22:39 AM »

Again, completely wrong, and full of disinformation.

http://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Those that have protested represent a very small minority of the population.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 01:38:54 PM »

Again, completely wrong, and full of disinformation.

Those that have protested represent a very small minority of the population.

LMAO!

A tale of two countries, and were not taking about the Koreas either. Bottom line is, who cares what Europeans want to do in Europe? Its their continent! If Europeans doesn't want my California booty, I'd have no problem with staying in my world. I'll be fine with that (or at least soon as I get out of California).

Heck, matter of fact, It'll be even better if they also stayed out of mine. This way none of us would ever have to deal with their flicked cigarettes butts on street surfaces anymore. Europeans and Koreans are the only people who still smokes in California.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »
Europeans and Koreans are the only people who still smokes in California.

Guess that depends on what's being smoked.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 02:07:15 PM »
Guess that depends on what's being smoked.

I'm too old, man. I still remember the time it was still allowed to smoke during flights. Those ashtrays on armrests would be so smelly and scuzzy-looking, it's unfathomable now.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »
These stories keep coming out and I do find them disturbing.  I still haven't gotten vaccinated, and would rather die with my boots on, rather than die from a vaccine that doesn't seem to be very good, and getting less reliable with the variants.    I'm a bit conflicted on the whole issue still. 

Had a dumbass come into the shop today, sick, sweaty, breathing all over everybody.  He says it's allergies, I told him to stay away he looks like covard virus to me. 

Covid patient goes from 'invincible' to hospital-bed vaccine advocate

An unvaccinated Virginia man who’s been hospitalized with Covid-19 is using social media to urge others to go out and get the shot.

Travis Campbell, 43, has been in the hospital for more than a week with complications from the virus, which also infected his wife and two of their children.....

http://www.yahoo.com/news/virginia-covid-patient-goes-invincible-021835184.html 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
FT-

C'mon, man! Recognize media-sensationalism for what it is. Anyone looking like this dude cannot possibly consider himself *invincible*. The dude got COVID 2 days ahead of me. He's over there and I'm over, well, here..I'm not body-shaming someone laying in heir death bed, but dude...you don't keep the machine tuned-up, the engine will sure fizzle out on you.

BC posted another just like this not too long ago...Same thing there, too.

Offline Intrepid Traveler

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 06:11:52 PM »

These stories keep coming out and I do find them disturbing.  I still haven't gotten vaccinated, and would rather die with my boots on, rather than die from a vaccine that doesn't seem to be very good, and getting less reliable with the variants.    I'm a bit conflicted on the whole issue still. 

Had a dumbass come into the shop today, sick, sweaty, breathing all over everybody.  He says it's allergies, I told him to stay away he looks like covard virus to me.

I usually avoid these type of discussions. Your post, however, piqued my interest. Please explain why you are concerned about the vaccines?

You mention that you are afraid of dying from a vaccine. It seems that you are passionate about this issue, so I would like to gain a better understanding of your concerns.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:21:16 PM by Intrepid Traveler »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »
I usually avoid these type of discussions. Your post, however, piqued my interest. Can you explain why you are concerned about the vaccines?

You mention that are afraid of dying from a vaccine. It seems that you are passionate about this issue, so I would like to gain a better understanding of your concerns.

I'm not as passionate about the issue as you might think.  I just haven't been convinced the vaccines are going to be helpful for me.  I have disregarded all the regulations from day 1, My shop never closed despite the rest of the world being a ghost town.  I figured I must have been one of the asymptomatic ones. 

Of course my logic may be terribly flawed and may be put to the test though very soon.  1 hour ago I got a covid text from a regular customer.   He got tested Monday and he and his wife got it (Wednesday now, so why he telling me 2 days later is odd).    I checked my records and he visited us the Friday before.  We loaded his truck together (6AM ish), I noticed he was overly sweaty and winded, but thought nothing of it.  We were in very close proximately and working hard, so I likely would been exposed.    Between that and the numbskull regular today sneezing and coughing and talking about 'allergies', He has never had allergies before.  What would he be allergic to right now anyway?   

It seems suddenly the virus is popping up everywhere, my daughters best friend is battling it also, although it hasn't been bad for her.  At this point, I'm not getting the shot.  If I get through this rough patch without catching it somehow, I might consider getting the shot.  I think I have been exposed though so if I haven't already had it, I likely will have it soon.     

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 08:31:07 PM »
FT-

C'mon, man! Recognize media-sensationalism for what it is. Anyone looking like this dude cannot possibly consider himself *invincible*. The dude got COVID 2 days ahead of me. He's over there and I'm over, well, here..I'm not body-shaming someone laying in heir death bed, but dude...you don't keep the machine tuned-up, the engine will sure fizzle out on you.

BC posted another just like this not too long ago...Same thing there, too.
Well you have fought the battle and seem to be doing pretty good.  I'd like to think I've been asymptomatic but I've never seen a doctor to find out if I had the antibodies so who knows if I have had the virus, or am still vulnerable to getting it.    I move around a lot every day so my body is in pretty good shape.  No working out, just fitness through all the physical work.  In that respect I would have a better chance than most sedentary/obese individuals.

Fathertime!   

Offline Intrepid Traveler

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 08:54:50 PM »

I'm not as passionate about the issue as you might think.  I just haven't been convinced the vaccines are going to be helpful for me.  I have disregarded all the regulations from day 1, My shop never closed despite the rest of the world being a ghost town.  I figured I must have been one of the asymptomatic ones. 

Of course my logic may be terribly flawed and may be put to the test though very soon.  1 hour ago I got a covid text from a regular customer.   He got tested Monday and he and his wife got it (Wednesday now, so why he telling me 2 days later is odd).    I checked my records and he visited us the Friday before.  We loaded his truck together (6AM ish), I noticed he was overly sweaty and winded, but thought nothing of it.  We were in very close proximately and working hard, so I likely would been exposed.    Between that and the numbskull regular today sneezing and coughing and talking about 'allergies', He has never had allergies before.  What would he be allergic to right now anyway?   

It seems suddenly the virus is popping up everywhere, my daughters best friend is battling it also, although it hasn't been bad for her.  At this point, I'm not getting the shot.  If I get through this rough patch without catching it somehow, I might consider getting the shot.  I think I have been exposed though so if I haven't already had it, I likely will have it soon. 

Thank you for your reasonable answer.

You're probably going to think I am a pro-vaccine, know-it-all wanting to tell everyone how they should live their lives. When I speak to some people who are resistant to getting their shot, I like to listen to their concerns to see if I can give them reasons to reconsider. At the end of the day, it's their decision.

One concern I get is that long-term effects are not known. For almost all vaccines, long-term effects are known within the first six weeks. See a video by a doctor here: http://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/video/what-are-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-19-vaccine

So, although some of those effects are long term like polio or narcolepsy, they're still picked up within six weeks. So I think in those preapproval studies where the vaccines have been tested in tens of thousands of people, you could say with confidence that there wasn't at least a relatively uncommon, serious side effect. And now that the vaccine has been given to more than 10 million people, I think you can say with some confidence that there doesn't appear to be right now a very rare, serious side effect that would be something that would cause a long-term problem. But again, we need to be humble, keep our eyes open and look what happens as we vaccinate hundreds and hundreds of millions of people to make sure that there's not an additional problem. But usually when those problems occur, they occur within six weeks of a dose.

The other common complaint I hear is that a lot of the people being admitted to hospital now are fully vaccinated. So if the vaccines were any good, then why are they in hospital?

That's a good question that is complicated to answer. The Financial Times has a great article "Why are fully vaccinated people testing positive for Covid?" (subscription required, I think).

They run through a series of numbers. Let's look at an example where 92% of 1 million people are fully vaccinated (very high, I agree). In this instance, 160 not fully vaccinated are admitted to hospital and 110 fully vaccinated are admitted to hospital. Let's look at how they got to those numbers.

80,000 People Not Fully Vaccinated

80,000 x 0.02 chance of getting symptomatic COVID = 1,600

1,600 people x 0.10 chance of being hospitalized = 160 people.

Hospitalization: 160 people.

920,000 People Fully Vaccinated

920,000 x 0.02 chance of getting symptomatic COVID x ( 1 - 0.8 ) efficacy against infection = 3,680 people

The key difference in the math is that there is an 80% reduction in getting the infection because of the vaccine.

3,680 people x 0.10 chance of being hospitalized x ( 1 - 0.7 ) additional efficacy against hospitalization = 110 people.

The key difference in the math is that there is an 70% reduction in going to the hospital because of the vaccine.

Hospitalization: 110 people.

So even though the vaccines are good at reducing odds of getting sick or hospitalization, they are not failproof. If we were to repeat those calculations with only 70% fully vaccinated, we would find that 600 not fully vaccinated would be admitted to hospital and 84 fully vaccinated would be admitted to hospital.

As the vaccination rate climbs, the not fully vaccinated and vaccinated numbers are closer together. But the vaccines are still very effective at reducing your odds of getting seriously sick.

Conclusion

Anyway, this post may give others some thoughts to consider as they weigh their important decisions.

Again, I appreciate your friendly reply.

Edit: I spotted several errors from copying and pasting. I hope I caught most of them now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:47:27 PM by Intrepid Traveler »

Offline BC

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 12:59:47 AM »
We know age can affect outcomes, and higher risk of death.
We know many medical conditions can affect outcomes, and higher risk of death.
What we don't know is why some young, otherwise healthy people die of COVID.

There is still a lot we don't know about how this virus picks its victims.  Is there a genetic component?  Is it the quantity, or frequency of exposure? Both?

http://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01773-7

Forget percentages, however low.  Percentages apply to population groups and don't apply to me.  Not for death due to COVID, or vaccination.

I 'survived' many vaccinations during my lifetime.  The risk with COVID vaccines is no greater than vaccines I had before.  Either my 'number' comes up or it doesn't.  It's always a binary risk from the perspective of any individual.  MY chances as an individual, are, and will always be, a toss of fate. The same applies with everything I do in life, even driving to the store.  I cannot live, or die .001%.  It's always one or the other.

When I drive to the store, I put on my seat belt.  This small, simple act does not guarantee my survival in the event of an accident, but can greatly increase my chances of surviving.

If for some reason 'my number' comes up driving to the store, get T-boned and die through no fault of my own, my mother, wife, sons and daughters can, and will, learn to live with it.  But how do you think those I leave behind would feel if I wasn't wearing my seat belt, or drunk?  If I were able to still do so, how would I feel about it?  I know my family would be quite pissed at me for tempting fate, and I would feel very bad that I may have missed an opportunity to still be there with them, simply because I wouldn't take the small effort to strap in, or ask for a ride.   

IMO, it is no different with any vaccine and illness. I'd rather die doing my best, rather than leaving loved ones behind with nagging thoughts of not having done so, only because of my selfishness.

Sure, everyone has a choice, but make that choice selflessly.  Don't get fooled by folks harping about how a vaccine is going to kill you.  Such discourse is not much different from back in the days when seat belt use was first required. Many balked and fussed as much as we do about COVID vaccines, insisting that buckling-up will kill you.

Take a few minutes of your time and read the following article.  Doesn't it all sound so familiar?

http://www.history.com/news/seat-belt-laws-resistance   

Just my POV, folks and food for thought.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 01:14:57 AM »

From GeorgiaToday.ge

"On August 8, the United Kingdom will be putting Georgia on its Red List, alongside Mayotte, Mexico and Reunion, meaning British nationals visiting these countries will have to pay over 1700 Pounds ($2400) for a stay in a quarantine hotel on returning home."
That is bound to hurt tourism...

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 01:27:41 AM »
From GeorgiaToday.ge

"On August 8, the United Kingdom will be putting Georgia on its Red List, alongside Mayotte, Mexico and Reunion, meaning British nationals visiting these countries will have to pay over 1700 Pounds ($2400) for a stay in a quarantine hotel on returning home."
That is bound to hurt tourism...

I don’t think many Brits go to Georgia directly from the UK. It’s not a holiday destination as such.

Offline Maxx2

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 01:51:18 AM »
I don’t think many Brits go to Georgia directly from the UK. It’s not a holiday destination as such.

It is for the Georgian tourism industry which is about 20% of the economy.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 02:12:55 AM »

What really gets me is that the treatments for covid and the common flue were withheld. Why? To push as vaccine that does not work. Many people that have died from covid would be alive today if not for this criminal act.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 02:15:46 AM »
We know age can affect outcomes, and higher risk of death.
We know many medical conditions can affect outcomes, and higher risk of death.
What we don't know is why some young, otherwise healthy people die of COVID.

There is still a lot we don't know about how this virus picks its victims.  Is there a genetic component?  Is it the quantity, or frequency of exposure? Both?

http://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01773-7

Forget percentages, however low.  Percentages apply to population groups and don't apply to me.  Not for death due to COVID, or vaccination.

I 'survived' many vaccinations during my lifetime.  The risk with COVID vaccines is no greater than vaccines I had before.  Either my 'number' comes up or it doesn't.  It's always a binary risk from the perspective of any individual.  MY chances as an individual, are, and will always be, a toss of fate. The same applies with everything I do in life, even driving to the store.  I cannot live, or die .001%.  It's always one or the other.

When I drive to the store, I put on my seat belt.  This small, simple act does not guarantee my survival in the event of an accident, but can greatly increase my chances of surviving.

If for some reason 'my number' comes up driving to the store, get T-boned and die through no fault of my own, my mother, wife, sons and daughters can, and will, learn to live with it.  But how do you think those I leave behind would feel if I wasn't wearing my seat belt, or drunk?  If I were able to still do so, how would I feel about it?  I know my family would be quite pissed at me for tempting fate, and I would feel very bad that I may have missed an opportunity to still be there with them, simply because I wouldn't take the small effort to strap in, or ask for a ride.   

IMO, it is no different with any vaccine and illness. I'd rather die doing my best, rather than leaving loved ones behind with nagging thoughts of not having done so, only because of my selfishness.

Sure, everyone has a choice, but make that choice selflessly.  Don't get fooled by folks harping about how a vaccine is going to kill you.  Such discourse is not much different from back in the days when seat belt use was first required. Many balked and fussed as much as we do about COVID vaccines, insisting that buckling-up will kill you.

Take a few minutes of your time and read the following article.  Doesn't it all sound so familiar?

http://www.history.com/news/seat-belt-laws-resistance   

Just my POV, folks and food for thought.

You are probably like me. I can't stomach the MSM and you probably can't stomach the alternative media.

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 03:02:28 AM »

You are probably like me. I can't stomach the MSM and you probably can't stomach the alternative media.

Maxx,

what I wrote has nothing to do with either, or any media. 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 03:54:07 AM »

It is for the Georgian tourism industry which is about 20% of the economy.
I meant that it’s not a known holiday destination for brits coming from the UK.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2021, 04:07:46 AM »
Maxx,

what I wrote has nothing to do with either, or any media.

We all form our opinions from what we read and whom we associate with.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1883
Total: 1894

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM