It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad  (Read 52879 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2021, 01:41:27 PM »
Here is an interesting article on what may be to come, the Delta Plus variant:

http://www.reuters.com/world/india/beyond-delta-scientists-are-watching-new-coronavirus-variants-2021-08-08/

They are still unsure of how transmissible the Delta Plus variant is and how bad it might affect someone. Other variants may come forth as the worst also. The Delta Plus might largely be sorted out by those that have had the Delta variant so possibly a variant from elsewhere might turn out worse. If we are lucky then we might have seen the worst of it over with. They are working on a next generation of vaccine to deal with the variants should they become a big problem. In that the US & the UK are again likely to lead the way, Russia & China will again likely follow with a dodgy knock off while other nations wait for the vaccines to filter through to them. My guess is that poorer nations may struggle to keep up as some are still not far in Vaccinating using the first generation of vaccines.

Meanwhile here I'm keeping to wearing my good quality mask when inside public areas & using plenty of hand sanitizer lotion.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2021, 01:49:09 PM »
Early Saturday morning, I received the text below from LA County Health Dept. On the face of it, I have a mixed feeling about it.

On the one hand, its' good they have a follow-up program, yet OTOH, it's a perfect example how the state should leave science for those in the know, and not leave to idiots who have the IQ of a cabbage. This is a glimpse how or why the public is still MOSTLY stupid about anything regarding COVID, and some are actually in charge of 'informing' the public at large.

So I did received the call, and the lady left a message for me to call back. I finished my morning chore (patio gardening), picked up the phone, and dialed the # and extension for Melissa.

~I'll cut through the chase a bit. The overview was, the clinic I went to apparently reports all 'detectable' results for COVID-19 and passes on the person's contact information I filled out when I got tested. I wasn't notified of this fact. Folks who tested 'undetectable', like wifey, are spared the intrusion ~

She started by pulling out a preset lines of silly questions. Right off the bat, it's batty! So I said that maybe I can make things easier and tell her all the vital information she needs to get from the interview. She agreed. So went off...

I said:
1. The first day I felt a symptom - which was coughing - happened on July 28th. No other symptom felt. I decided to immediately isolate the very day.
2. I spoke with my wife and we decided to conduct household protocol at home. We have 3 bedrooms, and I immediately prepared one for me to use.
3. Loss of smell/taste followed right after, and the feeling of fatigue pervade the following mornings. No other symptoms felt. Coughing stopped within 24 hours after it started.
4. First time I felt a rise in body temp was July 30-31st, for a good 4-6 hours starting shortly before midnight. The highest recorded temp was 97.7 degrees. I never felt fever after that night again.
5. Monday, Aug. 2 was when I went to get tested. Confirmed COVID early the following day via email. Contacted my doctor within the hour AFTER receiving confirmation. Doctor sent back canned response with information I already knew, and had been administering.
6. Yes, contacted people I was around with 2 days prior to my first 'symptoms', and advised them of my condition within 3 days despite the lack of confirmation of my infection, but have more than ample reason to believe I contracted the virus. Everyone, including my wife, tested negative.
7. My idiotic brother and his wife never did get tested even after they got back home. Despite my brother arriving coughing, sneezing and not feeling too 'giddy', he insist it can't possibly be from him because 'he's been vaccinated'. In the meantime, even his wife, started to develop symptoms.
8. The first 5 days of infection is the most crucial phase because this is the period an infected person is at the MOST contagious state. This is when you are virally shedding at the most intense time.

...then the lady on the phone started asking question/s mostly irrelevant to MY situation. Such as wifey's personal contact information. I rejected that silly idea and cited irrelevant as she tested negative. Asked for my annual salary. Irrelevant. Asked what race I am - irrelevant. I'm an American, while not a race, enough of a response to the question. Then proceeded to ask gender identification questions: Responded 'next question' to the next 7 questions.

In short, this is what she summarized from the data I gave her:

She said: "LA County will be sending you a letter affirming what you (me) need to do, which will be as she would also be telling me on the phone. Due to the result of my test, she recommends I quarantine for the next 14 days!. I said: 'Excuse me! W-T-heck am I gonna quarantine for the next 14 days for? She said because I tested positive!!! She went on talking over my objection, until after I said for her to stop. I asked her if she had any idea what the COVID protocol after first sign of infection. I said it's a 'yes or no' question. She didn't answer, instead she apparently saw when I was tested, and retracted to tell me I actually only need to quarantine for about 7 more days.

Unbelievable.

When you have an idiot given a modicum of authority like this one, it is little wonder why the public are either as confused, or as stupid our society had become. We are definitely ripe for fake news (see above).

I told her to better get herself educated before engaging another unsuspecting person with the same IQ she does. I told her she's a disgrace, the County is a disgrace, for allowing uninformed people like her loose to reach out to the public.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 02:15:57 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2021, 03:20:20 PM »

I'm here, feeling like a stud bull. Unscathed by the fake news being thrashed around by the likes of you. 

One would think after a deluge of fake news, especially the past 5-6 years, folks would at least be skeptical, but...it is times like these we are reminded why such proposition like Calif. Prop 47 actually gets passed in ballot elections...
I'm not sure what a stud bull feels like but probably pretty good then.  One of the luckier ones it seems. 

Which fake news is being thrashed around by me exactly?   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2021, 01:19:43 AM »
It would be interesting to see what would have happened, if there were a way to run an accurate simulation of what would have happened had the US done nothing to mitigate the virus in any way and the vaccine wasn't around.  The number might have easily been in the millions if not 10's of millions.  It is very hard to say.  This world is obviously a cruel unforgiving place in situations like this. 

Fathertime!

Indeed, here is yet another story of one poor guy who has lost both of his parents and his brother all about the same time to the virus, again they refused the vaccine. I can only imagine what a depressing world it has left him and hope it does not happen to me, all my close family have had the vaccine so hopefully will be ok.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/09/chefs-parents-and-brother-die-from-covid-within-week-after-jab-refusal

I'm not sure how long the vaccine lasts for, I had the AZ vaccine but in Israel the Pfizer vaccine was dominant. I could have had Pfizer but chose to pass on it and to date am glad I did in favour of the AZ vaccine. Anyway, out in Israel its looking like the vaccine loses its effectiveness after about five months or so and they are revaccinating the elderly. Latest reports are that they are not sure if a third vaccine helps anymore but more time is needed to see as some may have already had the virus before their third vaccine shot. The vaccine was of course developed for the original Coronavirus as they all are at present.

Possibly I might even see if I can get a third jab of the AZ vaccine done privately possibly around October if it keeps me out of hospital. My mother will likely get a free one on the NHS possibly with her Flu jab as she's elderly.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2021, 06:31:36 AM »
Possibly I might even see if I can get a third jab of the AZ vaccine done privately possibly around October if it keeps me out of hospital.

I’ve no doubt this will be too deep to get through. Strain mutation and why explained. Anyone for a Delta?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516275/
US National Institute of Health, 2015 Summarial Abstract.

There is a theoretical expectation that some types of vaccines could prompt the evolution of more virulent (“hotter”) pathogens. This idea follows from the notion that natural selection removes pathogen strains that are so “hot” that they kill their hosts and, therefore, themselves. Vaccines that let the hosts survive but do not prevent the spread of the pathogen relax this selection, allowing the evolution of hotter pathogens to occur. This type of vaccine is often called a leaky vaccine. When vaccines prevent transmission, as is the case for nearly all vaccines used in humans, this type of evolution towards increased virulence is blocked. But when vaccines leak, allowing at least some pathogen transmission, they could create the ecological conditions that would allow hot strains to emerge and persist
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 06:35:01 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2021, 06:13:36 AM »
I’ve no doubt this will be too deep to get through. Strain mutation and why explained. Anyone for a Delta?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516275/
US National Institute of Health, 2015 Summarial Abstract.

That is indeed an interesting article GQ, I've seen a headline around about the vaccine may have prompted the variants. I've taken a brief extract from the article you linked to here as a brief take away:

"Our data show that anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts.

Author Summary
There is a theoretical expectation that some types of vaccines could prompt the evolution of more virulent (“hotter”) pathogens. This idea follows from the notion that natural selection removes pathogen strains that are so “hot” that they kill their hosts and, therefore, themselves. Vaccines that let the hosts survive but do not prevent the spread of the pathogen relax this selection, allowing the evolution of hotter pathogens to occur."

So interesting of true and I guess medical science will likely find out as a result of this Coronavirus. This is really the first time we have been able to track the development of a virus so closely, Ebola, Sars, etc gave a brief insight but I think this is the first time medical science has been up to tracking the development of a virus in such detail and on such a large scale. Should civilization survive this virus then it will no doubt be enormously valueable to future generations.

So by this studies findings if correct some of those that survived the original Coronavirus through vaccination have helped the vaccine mutate into a worse variant while carrying it as otherwise they should have died of with the virus dying with them instead of mutating. Hence swapping deaths in the vaccinated to the unvaccinated groups. That suits me fine as I've been vaccinated so hence likely at less risk :D That means someone who chose not to get vaccinated is more likely to die in my stead. That seems fairer to me as everyone (at least in the US & UK) had the option of whether to take up the vaccine or not. So if I am able to get another vaccine done privately in October/November then it won't be a bad news day for me I presume.

I'm personally not so sure as to this studies findings though. There was evident of early mutations shortly after the outset of this virus before we had developed vaccines. Then the later Delta variant seems to have first occurred in India wher very few of the population were vaccinated. It could still be possible amoung the very few that were vaccinated there as the virus had gone up so much but I'm not so sure. Even here in the UK the Kent variant that was circulating up to Christmas & New year's Day in big numbers so forcing another lockdown on New Year's Day was before the UK's mass vaccination program took place. A few elderly etc in hospital's might have had the Pfizer vaccine in December but again the numbers were so small that while possible the odds are slight. Possibly it may have done but it would be a very direct reaction of the vaccine & the virus being present in a very few number of people thus an immediate response from the virus at the outset.

At the moment now new vaccine variant has been developed for use so assuming this stay the case I would just be having a top up of the original virus vaccine. So if the study is correct that won't likely produce any more dangerous variants only a vaccine to deal with the variants will do that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:17:33 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2021, 06:26:50 AM »
News interviews with the wife of the solicitor who died of the virus recently who had refused the jab:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-devastated-familys-plea-after-death-of-lawyer-who-refused-to-get-coronavirus-vaccine-12377315

BBC News - Covid vaccine refuser died after terrible mistake, says partner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-58080116
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:31:40 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2021, 07:22:45 AM »
That is indeed an interesting article GQ, I've seen a headline around about the vaccine may have prompted the variants. I've taken a brief extract from the article you linked to here as a brief take away:

"Our data show that anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts.

The same would apply to influenza vaccines.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2021, 12:44:13 PM »
Hope you get well GQ ;)

Apparently I'll be fine. I'm from La-La Land, so I'm *sophisticated*. That's the new scientific progressive breakthrough!

I think though, vaccinated people ought to be shot on sight for making the virus more potent for all the non-sheeple.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »

Apparently I'll be fine. I'm from La-La Land, so I'm *sophisticated*. That's the new scientific progressive breakthrough!

I think though, vaccinated people ought to be shot on sight for making the virus more potent for all the non-sheeple.

Good to hear :)

Sheeple, lol. I made an individual thought through judgement to have the AZ jab, I could have had the Pfizer jab but along with BillyB's input made the individual decision to pass on that one. To date I am glad I had the AZ vaccine particularly considering the stories above.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2021, 05:40:46 AM »
Good to hear :)

Sheeple, lol. I made an individual thought through judgement to have the AZ jab, I could have had the Pfizer jab but along with BillyB's input made the individual decision to pass on that one. To date I am glad I had the AZ vaccine particularly considering the stories above.

Is AZ approved? I knew this will go over your heads. A very viable reason it is an experimental soup!

Infectious agents can rapidly evolve in response to health interventions [1]. Here, we ask whether pathogen adaptation to vaccinated hosts can result in the evolution of more virulent pathogens (defined here to mean those that cause more or faster mortality in unvaccinated hosts).

Vaccination could prompt the evolution of more virulent pathogens in the following way. It is usually assumed that the primary force preventing the evolutionary emergence of more virulent strains is that they kill their hosts and, therefore, truncate their own infectious periods. If so, keeping hosts alive with vaccines that reduce disease but do not prevent infection, replication, and transmission (so-called “imperfect” vaccines) could allow more virulent strains to circulate. Natural selection will even favour their circulation if virulent strains have a higher transmission in the absence of host death or are better able to overcome host immunity. Thus, life-saving vaccines have the potential to increase mean disease virulence of a pathogen population (as assayed in unvaccinated hosts) [2–4].

The plausibility of this idea (hereafter called the “imperfect-vaccine hypothesis”) has been confirmed with mathematical models [2,5–9]. Efficacy and mode of action are key. If the vaccine is sterilizing, so that transmission is stopped, no evolution can occur. But if it is non-sterilizing, so that naturally acquired pathogens can transmit from immunized individuals (what we hereafter call a “leaky” vaccine), virulent strains will be able to circulate in situations in which natural selection would have once removed them [2].
Thus, anti-disease vaccines (those reducing in-host replication or pathogenicity) have the potential to generate evolution harmful to human and animal well-being; infection- or transmission-blocking vaccines do not [2–9]. Note that the possibility of vaccine-driven virulence evolution is conceptually distinct from vaccine-driven epitope evolution (antigenic escape), in which variants of target antigens evolve because they enable pathogens that are otherwise less fit to evade vaccine-induced immunity. The evolution of escape variants has been frequently observed [4,10].

The imperfect-vaccine hypothesis attracted controversy [11–14], not least because human vaccines have apparently not caused an increase in the virulence of their target pathogens. But most human vaccines are sterilizing (transmission-blocking) or not in widespread use or only recently introduced [4]. Moreover, unambiguous comparisons of strain virulence and the impact of vaccination on transmission require experimental infections in the natural host—clearly impossible for human diseases.

The virus survivability rate was over 2%, mortality rate was at less than two-tenths of 1%. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2021, 06:13:00 AM »
Is AZ approved? I knew this will go over your heads. A very viable reason it is an experimental soup!

The virus survivability rate was over 2%, mortality rate was at less than two-tenths of 1%.

All the vaccines have been approved for use by respective governments but they remain experimental vaccines. The AZ and Johnson & Johnson vaccines use the old tried & method. To my mind that meant that they might potentially be the safer bet over Pfizer, Moderna, etc that are mRNA. No guarantees as it was rushed through a little but seemed the less risky option to me as after all it's just dead bits of virus si supposedly sound method (we hope). I chose to place my bets there rather than risk going up against this virus unvaccinated. The danger of the virus obviously very bad to both myself & family members so I placed being unvaccinated at likely a higher risk than using the experimental AZ vaccine. Like I say no guarantees but to date I've had no virus problem of note and no bad comeback from using the AZ vaccine. Odds are I won't or it would have likely emerged by now and as a tried & tested method seems to have worked fine. My guess is that from what we are seeing of unvaccinated people mortality rate would have shot up way high especially if no lockdown, look at how it went in India, our hospitals would have been overwhelmed.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2021, 06:22:16 AM »
Present concerns of the EU over the mRNA vaccines:

http://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-drugs-regulator-looking-new-possible-side-effects-mrna-vaccines-2021-08-11/

A case of take your pick and place your bets I feel but I agree with BillyB that there is no reason to take a mRNA vaccine when it has not been tried & tested while the traditional method has. Don't know if Billy took the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the end?

Personally I would rather risk the AZ or J&J vaccine than end up like the solicitor in the news article above. He badly miscalculated in his research I feel and paid with his life.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2021, 06:22:36 AM »
Note: typo above. Survivability rate at 98%

All the vaccines have been approved for use by respective governments but they remain experimental vaccines. The AZ and Johnson & Johnson vaccines use the old tried & method. To my mind that meant that they might potentially be the safer bet over Pfizer, Moderna, etc that are mRNA. No guarantees as it was rushed through a little but seemed the less risky option to me as after all it's just dead bits of virus si supposedly sound method (we hope). I chose to place my bets there rather than risk going up against this virus unvaccinated. The danger of the virus obviously very bad to both myself & family members so I placed being unvaccinated at likely a higher risk than using the experimental AZ vaccine. Like I say no guarantees but to date I've had no virus problem of note and no bad comeback from using the AZ vaccine. Odds are I won't or it would have likely emerged by now and as a tried & tested method seems to have worked fine. My guess is that from what we are seeing of unvaccinated people mortality rate would have shot up way high especially if no lockdown, look at how it went in India, our hospitals would have been overwhelmed.

No. None of them are approved. They are all still at experimental stages. They are only authorized for emergency utilization. There’s a difference. They’ll keep experimenting which they will label ‘boosters’.

Do you honestly believe vaccinated folks cannot be infected and thereby spread the disease? Think man.

Offline BC

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
Do you honestly believe vaccinated folks cannot be infected and thereby spread the disease? Think man.

Sure they can, just like it can happen if you get a flu shot.

It's not all about just transmission, but reducing hospitalizations and death as well.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
Sure they can, just like it can happen if you get a flu shot.

It's not all about just transmission, but reducing hospitalizations and death as well.

How the heck did you figure that if the leaky vaccine only make this pathogen even more virulent & potent, which by deduction, is spread by those who got vaccinated?

Asymptomatic cases were overwhelmingly keeping mortality rate of this virus at bay. Killing only the old, weak and unhealthy within the population. Now the virus had mutated to become more potent and virulent than what it was, and had started to kill indiscriminately..

You fully subscribed to the hype, BC. Now they have this silly vaccination passport as though vaccinated folks are immune and exempt from being super spreaders, which is a complete BS.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:06:13 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2021, 11:49:19 AM »
How the heck did you figure that if the leaky vaccine only make this pathogen even more virulent & potent, which by deduction, is spread by those who got vaccinated?

Q: If a person has received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, will the vaccine protect against transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from individuals who are infected despite vaccination?
A: Most vaccines that protect from viral illnesses also reduce transmission of the virus that causes the disease by those who are vaccinated. While it is hoped this will be the case, the scientific community does not yet know if the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine will reduce such transmission.

http://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

Variants can be produced and transmitted whether vaccinated or not.  To date, no variant of interest or concern has been attributed to vaccinations.  There are thousands of variants.

Asymptomatic cases were overwhelmingly keeping mortality rate of this virus at bay. Killing only the old, weak and unhealthy within the population. Now the virus had mutated to become more potent and virulent than what it was, and had started to kill indiscriminately..

The delta variant is much more transmissible, and indications are that severe cases can have worse outcomes - mainly among those that have been vaccinated.

You fully subscribed to the hype, BC. Now they have this silly vaccination passport as though vaccinated folks are immune and exempt from being super spreaders, which is a complete BS.

Who says vaccinated folks are fully immune?  Maybe you are misinformed?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2021, 11:56:41 AM »
http://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

Variants can be produced and transmitted whether vaccinated or not.  To date, no variant of interest or concern has been attributed to vaccinations.  There are thousands of variants.

A whole lot of words that basically said 'zip'. Nor have they have proof it can be attributed to the unvaccinated either. Yet this administration have gone as far as attempt to silence anti-vaxxer sentiments.

The delta variant is much more transmissible, and indications are that severe cases can have worse outcomes - mainly among those that have been vaccinated.

Who says vaccinated folks are fully immune?  Maybe you are misinformed?

Said? When you discriminate one from the other, nothing need be 'said'. They had started with 'government' employees today, tomorrow....
http://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/us-health-department-mandates-covid-vaccine-shots-for-its-25000-employees.html

Offline BC

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2021, 12:09:58 PM »

A whole lot of words that basically said 'zip'. Nor have they have proof it can be attributed to the unvaccinated either. Yet this administration have gone as far as attempt to silence anti-vaxxer sentiments.

Well the Delta variant did pre-date vaccinations, aside, if the variant was related to a vaccine, they would not be as effective as they are.  Best to come back on this when a variant is able, in very large part, to circumvent vaccines, or a particular vaccine.  More info here http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2N2NL1M2

What the administration does or doesn't is irrelevant regarding variants.  ANY transmission can increase the chances of variants. 

Said? When you discriminate one from the other, nothing need be 'said'. They had started with 'government' employees today, tomorrow....
http://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/us-health-department-mandates-covid-vaccine-shots-for-its-25000-employees.html

Guess that's a POV thing.  Are you affected by any mandates?  Any skin in the game?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »

That's not been proven at present, it's just a theory some have had. At the outset of this virus we were told from various sources that it could likely mutate. There's no proof to date that the vaccines caused the virus to mutate or become more virulent. In many cases the virus seemed to be mutating either possibly before the vaccine came into circulation or at a point when very few people had been vaccinated. At the moment without any concrete proof that it has made the Coronavirus worse it's just another conspiracy theory being flung around without any real evidence as yet to underpin it holding any weight. We're just going to have to see how things go in the next few months to see if it sounds out at all. At the moment the tracks have already been laid so no point complaining about something that can't now be undone.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2021, 12:53:15 PM »
Well the Delta variant did pre-date vaccinations, aside, if the variant was related to a vaccine, they would not be as effective as they are.  Best to come back on this when a variant is able, in very large part, to circumvent vaccines, or a particular vaccine.  More info here http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2N2NL1M2

What the administration does or doesn't is irrelevant regarding variants.  ANY transmission can increase the chances of variants. 

Guess that's a POV thing.  Are you affected by any mandates?  Any skin in the game?

LMAO. POV? Any skin in the game? Here's our moronic governor:

The state’s new requirement will also apply to about 2.2 million health care workers in public and private settings. Those in higher-risk health care facilities who remain unvaccinated will have to undergo testing twice a week and will be advised to wear N95 masks.
Too many people have chosen to live with this virus," California Gov. Gavin Newsom said at a news conference Monday in Oakland. "We’re at a point in the epidemic, this pandemic, where choice, individual choice not to get vaccinated, is now impacting the rest of us in profound and devastating and deadly ways.

Now *impacting the rest of 'them' in profound and devastating and deadly ways?* By deduction, those vaccinated need not wear mask, be tested twice/week because, for whatever moronic ides this liberal idiot is basing his moronic statement from, vaccinated folks are *immune* in acquiring/spreading this mutated virus borne out of the leaky vaccine.

That's not been proven at present, it's just a theory some have had. At the outset of this virus we were told from various sources that it could likely mutate. There's no proof to date that the vaccines caused the virus to mutate or become more virulent. In many cases the virus seemed to be mutating either possibly before the vaccine came into circulation or at a point when very few people had been vaccinated. At the moment without any concrete proof that it has made the Coronavirus worse it's just another conspiracy theory being flung around without any real evidence as yet to underpin it holding any weight. We're just going to have to see how things go in the next few months to see if it sounds out at all. At the moment the tracks have already been laid so no point complaining about something that can't now be undone.

Well, that's an awful mouthful from someone who blindly subscribed to an unapproved experimental soup. Speaking in forked tongue, TC?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:57:45 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2021, 01:52:25 PM »

LMAO. POV? Any skin in the game? Here's our moronic governor:

The state’s new requirement will also apply to about 2.2 million health care workers in public and private settings. Those in higher-risk health care facilities who remain unvaccinated will have to undergo testing twice a week and will be advised to wear N95 masks.
Too many people have chosen to live with this virus," California Gov. Gavin Newsom said at a news conference Monday in Oakland. "We’re at a point in the epidemic, this pandemic, where choice, individual choice not to get vaccinated, is now impacting the rest of us in profound and devastating and deadly ways.

By skin in the game, if you were a health worker or other party that is directly affected by the mandates.

Now *impacting the rest of 'them' in profound and devastating and deadly ways?* By deduction, those vaccinated need not wear mask, be tested twice/week because, for whatever moronic ides this liberal idiot is basing his moronic statement from, vaccinated folks are *immune* in acquiring/spreading this mutated virus borne out of the leaky vaccine.

Of course, even vaccinated folks should be wearing masks in crowded or inside public areas to prevent infecting others, even if asymptomatic.

I'm vaccinated, but had to get a test anyway to fly tomorrow.  I have no problem doing this.  This should also be mandated for domestic flights.

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
My old pops (Near 101 years old) is in assisted living.  I often barge past the front desk, but today they told me after today I can no longer visit without the dreaded vaccine.    I've been contemplating getting the vaccine over the past month or so.  My buddy who came in sick a few weeks ago apparently was near death last I was told, although appears to have already hit bottom.    Most of the respected people seem to believe the vaccine is the best of the options.   I'd like to hold out until a vaccine is created for the Delta strain, although it may not be a good choice to wait that long. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2021, 10:42:33 PM »
My old pops (Near 101 years old) is in assisted living.  I often barge past the front desk, but today they told me after today I can no longer visit without the dreaded vaccine.    I've been contemplating getting the vaccine over the past month or so.  My buddy who came in sick a few weeks ago apparently was near death last I was told, although appears to have already hit bottom.    Most of the respected people seem to believe the vaccine is the best of the options.   I'd like to hold out until a vaccine is created for the Delta strain, although it may not be a good choice to wait that long. 

Fathertime!

Wow, 100 is indeed an impressive age for your father to reach FT, not many people do that. Well when the variants begun coming out at the beginning of this year there was a lot of talk of a jab to deal with the variants coming out any time between August & the winter months. Now though it appears to have gone silent on that, not sure why. All we hear of here is a jab for the elderly of the same vaccines developed for the original virus. It looks like they are going to mix the vaccines to try to get better protection. The UK have mostly the AZ vaccine to most of the elderly and population in general. Now they have ordered a load more of the Pfizer vaccine to jab the elderly with even though it is more expensive, moreso as they have recently raised its price from $18 to $22 per shot for large scale government orders. Myself I won't touch the Pfizer vaccine or any mRNA vaccine. It's my mother's choice though for herself and at her age in her mid seventies she's probably not going to have the concerns younger people might have.

I've noticed the graph with virus infections very much on the up in the US so I wouldn't hold on for a jab to deal specifically with the variants FT. That could be a very dangerous thing to do as the virus could get you before then. Possibly you could do an anti body test to test if you have had it. I'm surprised you didn't catch it of that guy that came into your shop coughing & spluttering. Possibly you did but might be asymptomatic. Anyway my guess is that they'll let the variants run its course and by then they probably hope won't need to use a variant vaccine. Possibly with all the different variants there are too many as different mutations so each would require a different vaccine mix. Possibly they could be mixed all in one but likely longer job/more money. So if you had one for the Delta variant then another variant took its place, Alpha or whatever then you would get less protection against that variant unless the vaccine had in its mix solution to deal with all present variants of course. So I wouldn't linger I would try to go for the AZ or J&J vaccine now if I were you but your choice.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541272
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956
Most Online Ever: 12701