It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Really thinking a Belarus would suit me best  (Read 13664 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Really thinking a Belarus would suit me best
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2022, 11:32:05 PM »
For three months you can live off your £1000 rental income plus put stuff on the credit card, but this will be the high watermark of the low cost playboy lifestyle.

And what happens after the cheap holiday in other people's misery? Are you keeping one room free in your refurbished house for yourself or will you go live at your mum's? If I was a student paying £400-500 a month for a bedroom and facilities I sure as hell would not want to be house sharing with the landlord.

What do you mean on other people's misery? If you mean those renting off me the house will be quite nicely done up and every bedroom will have an ensuite toilet. The bedrooms are quite spacious and I intend to put a large TV up in the small lounge also so it shouldn't be a miserable experience for anyone. I wouldn't like that myself, to live in a dive/pokey room that's cold and uninviting so I have no wish to inflict it on others.

I will likely state on the ad that I won't be around much as have business to do elsewhere. I'm guessing such a place might be attractive to a studious kind of student or a mature student/post-grad. I prefer that over the party crowd type of student less likely to damage the place, ay least that is the hope lol.

I'm hoping that the extra facilities, the spacious rooms and nicer decor will offset any hang up about the landlord potentially popping up here & there. The place will be done out in a fairly formal, plain, consistent style so hopefully not too much like someone else's home like. I'll give that a go and adjust the approach if needs be. My reckoning is that I'll get someone willing as not all students like to live with groups of others I'm thinking.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Steven1971

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2022, 03:16:09 AM »
What do you mean on other people's misery? If you mean those renting off me the house will be quite nicely done up and every bedroom will have an ensuite toilet. The bedrooms are quite spacious and I intend to put a large TV up in the small lounge also so it shouldn't be a miserable experience for anyone. I wouldn't like that myself, to live in a dive/pokey room that's cold and uninviting so I have no wish to inflict it on others.

I will likely state on the ad that I won't be around much as have business to do elsewhere. I'm guessing such a place might be attractive to a studious kind of student or a mature student/post-grad. I prefer that over the party crowd type of student less likely to damage the place, ay least that is the hope lol.

I'm hoping that the extra facilities, the spacious rooms and nicer decor will offset any hang up about the landlord potentially popping up here & there. The place will be done out in a fairly formal, plain, consistent style so hopefully not too much like someone else's home like. I'll give that a go and adjust the approach if needs be. My reckoning is that I'll get someone willing as not all students like to live with groups of others I'm thinking.

The cheap holiday line is a quote from the opening line of a Sex Pistols song. I was referring to your stay in Ukraine, unfairly in retrospect. So apologies.

Understand that your plan is being tested to destruction as if it goes wrong it could go very wrong and I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

I like your approach to tenants as that is how I see things. What you have done to your house and your plan for renting I cannot find fault with. Where you live and what you do with your time in the future is another matter, but this Trench 2.0 is a step up from the previous one that has frequented this website.

I also admire your calmness that you display here which is an admirable quality you would bring to a relationship.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:56:28 AM by Steven1971 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2022, 05:16:15 AM »
The cheap holiday line is a quote from the opening line of a Sex Pistols song. I was referring to your stay in Ukraine, unfairly in retrospect. So apologies.

Understand that your plan is being tested to destruction as if it goes wrong it could go very wrong and I don't see think anyone wants that to happen.

I like your approach to tenants as that is how I see things. What you have done to your house and your plan for renting I cannot find fault with. Where you live and what you do with your time in the future is another matter, but this Trench 2.0 is a step up from the previous one that has frequented this website.

I also admire your calmness that you display here which is an admirable quality you would bring to a relationship.

Oh I see what you mean, no worries I'm not offended. There is some truth in it I guess but that can be similar for most guys looking for a girl in the FSU. Some may well go with FSW who are well off enough, they may be fishing there for other reasons.

I personally believe in the idea of Hypergamy that people in general have a whole range of attributes that means they tend to peg higher or lower on the Hypergamy scale depending on how the potential mate views them of course. So for example a girl who is pretty and has a happy persona will tend to rate higher than a similarly pretty girl who is miserable all the time, unless the guy like a sullen type of girl but not many do or perhaps only so sullen.

So idk it depends how you view it, those girls that are poor out there it can give them the opportunity to enjoy a better life that they otherwise may not have. For me it gives me the potential to come up higher in the Hypergamy scale by doing well in an area that is important out there than many Ukrainian men may struggle with. I think life is kind of random, some people are born pretty and don't have no problems dating, but then some are born pretty but in a poor country. Others are born not so pretty but in a wealthy country and then there are a load of other attributes to consider also. So it's really luck of the draw and everyone just has to end up using the best attributes they've got. Pretty people use their looks to get on so it's really just me using whatever I've got. I think as long as it's not to do anyone harm then while situation is as it is its not really a negative or underhand thing is the way I see it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2022, 02:45:26 PM »
Us poor folk marry every day tc, you have hope.
The champagne tastes on a beer budget seem the crux here ;)

Offline Dell

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2022, 02:30:58 PM »
Which woman (singular) are you talking about?
The one named Natasha ?

Women… spell checker got me again.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM