It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The invasion is happening now  (Read 32383 times)

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The invasion is happening now
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2022, 11:04:04 PM »
euronews is just a channel of videos posted to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSrZ3UV4jOidv8ppoVuvW9Q

if they can get to youtube, they will get all the news.

WION in India is covering the war also.
http://www.youtube.com/c/WION

Also DW News from Germany

http://www.youtube.com/c/dwnews
http://www.youtube.com/c/dwnews

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 07:07:38 AM »
Russian has troops in nikolaev and there  is some fighting  there.last night there was bombing.and not just.stratigic targets.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 07:54:05 AM by Jumper1 »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »
I just received a text from a Ukrainian friend of ours that apparently the invading Russian troops headed to Kyiv was outpacing its supply line and got lost. So apparently they went and started asking for direction how to get to Kyiv, and consequently were arrested and are now prisoners of war.

Man, if this is true, this is a perfect Southwest Airline’s ‘ Wanna Getaway’ commercial.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »
I just received a text from a Ukrainian friend of ours that apparently the invading Russian troops headed to Kyiv was outpacing its supply line and got lost. So apparently they went and started asking for direction how to get to Kyiv, and consequently were arrested and are now prisoners of war.

Man, if this is true, this is a perfect Southwest Airline’s ‘ Wanna Getaway’ commercial.

You'd think since phones still seem.to.work they could navigate.
It baffles me that communications werent the first thing to be taken out.and yes gps even then might work depending  .

Instead russian troops outside kharkiv were on tinder trying to.line up dates
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 11:20:02 AM by Jumper1 »

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

Instead russian troops outside kharkiv were on tinder trying to.line up dates
It's an army of trenchcoats in the trenches.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 11:48:20 AM »
It's an army of trenchcoats in the trenches.

Fathertime!

LOL :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2022, 11:53:34 AM »

Several different reports of these Russian Army goof ups now. I'm wondering if some of it may be deliberate, a lot of the Russian soldiers may potentially have family, relatives and friends in Ukraine. A lot of Russian soldiers may not be feeling up for a fight particularly one in which they could lose their lives. Perhaps some are finding reasons to bail out now? Kind of like the Italians in WWII many of whom apparently didn't have their heart set on fighting a war, in a way demoralised from the outset.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2022, 03:22:48 PM »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 12:19:20 AM »
Lots of airspace bans on Russian planes now such as Aeroflot, so Russia increasingly looking like a difficult place to visit, not that it would be a good idea I don't think as things are at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 12:28:24 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline chooter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 01:35:03 AM »
Just saw a Twitter feed at 5am in Moscow....wild run on the ATM's has begun.
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2022, 05:19:34 AM »
Just saw a Twitter feed at 5am in Moscow....wild run on the ATM's has begun.

Yep a news article on it here:

http://www.ft.com/__origami/service/image/v2/images/raw/ftlogo-v1%3Abrand-ft-logo-square-coloured?source=update-logos&width=180&height=180&format=png

Sounds like they'll soon be back in the dark ages and possibly back to a time of worthless roubles.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2022, 05:40:48 AM »
Huge pro Ukraine demonstration happening in Berlin now.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline BC

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2022, 09:30:04 AM »
Am in almost hourly contact with someone I have been working with for 20 years and family moving west last two days. If can get out they will come here. Arranged for assistance at border onward. Kids are terrified.

This is an absolutely gut-wrenching experience.

Update - After 600 miles of harrowing back-road travels from deep in the troubled area east to west UA, the family is now resting near the border area and will start their next trek tomorrow to try and get across any border.

I don't know if tomorrow or the next will be a slightly better or sadder day for us. I say "slightly better" because "happy" or even "good" doesn't fit at all—even a smiley inappropriate. Much will depend on whether the father can also pass due to special conditions. The father is not trying to avoid serving his country, but his abilities are worth many guns and will work better outside the country.  In any event, we'll make the best of the situation and provide all the support we can from our end.

Offline chooter

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 09:33:27 AM »
My wife's oldest sister is a retired psychiatrist here in the states. She sent her this link to a Moscow Times article. She told us to pay attention to his facial expressions and eyes....you're looking into the eyes of a rabid human being that's being cornered and could go ballistic at any time. He's seems to be out of touch with reality.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/27/ukraine-says-will-meet-russia-as-putin-puts-nuclear-defenses-on-alert-a76629
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 09:54:03 AM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.

Offline chooter

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2022, 09:43:01 AM »
Update - After 600 miles of harrowing back-road travels from deep in the troubled area east to west UA, the family is now resting near the border area and will start their next trek tomorrow to try and get across any border.

I don't know if tomorrow or the next will be a slightly better or sadder day for us. I say "slightly better" because "happy" or even "good" doesn't fit at all—even a smiley inappropriate. Much will depend on whether the father can also pass due to special conditions. The father is not trying to avoid serving his country, but his abilities are worth many guns and will work better outside the country.  In any event, we'll make the best of the situation and provide all the support we can from our end.

Prayers here are certainly with them to get to safety.

Offline BC

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2022, 10:03:08 AM »
Prayers here are certainly with them to get to safety.

I'll pass this on.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »

BC that's just the worst excuse ever, he thinks himself too important and lofty, that he is above those that are risking their lives fighting for Ukraine, I mean really! There are apparently all sorts volunteering for the front, solicitors, government officials, etc, etc and yet he is so superior he is above all of that. If I were Ukrainian I wouldn't fight and risk my life if another person judged themselves as more important that is just insulting. If the guy chooses not to fight, maybe even circumvents the border checkpoints if he if between 18-60 then fair enough but to chose the reason as being above others risking their life is just the lowest of the low. If he had another reason then depending on the reason I think it is fair to say that many reasons could be reasonable enough and I for one wouldn't think any the worse of him but that reason just jars me.

To my mind I think it was wrong for the Ukrainian government to stop men aged 18-60 from leaving Ukraine and closing the border. Aside from gender equality which I accept in Ukraine it's different from the west I do believe that aside from that every person man or woman has a right to decide fir themselves not have conscription forced upon them nor told they can't leave the country because they are a man. So I think while it's fair enough he's choice to leave I do find it a rather insulting excuse that he things himself so superior to others.

Offline BC

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2022, 08:12:58 PM »
Trenchie,

you know absolutely nothing about the circumstances involved, and it is a topic I won't further dig into on an open forum.

You'll just have to take my word for it.  I only mentioned it to prevent trash talk such as your post.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2022, 08:50:29 PM »
Communicating with a Russian woman and she can't send pictures or receive photos on Viber anymore. News seems to be totally filtered now. She's heard of some protests planned to call for peace but she's afraid she'll get arrested.

It is so easy for us to root for them to go protest - I told her I would fear for her safety but would definitely understand her convictions to do so. Maybe this can be the start of a revolution. It seems many many Russians understand this invasion has to justification and don't support it at all. 

The photos of war, pain and suffering on the net are heartbreaking.

Offline LAman

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2022, 09:26:07 PM »
Communicating with a Russian woman and she can't send pictures or receive photos on Viber anymore.

I have no problem sending or receiving photos on WhatsApp. Sent some yesterday.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2022, 11:03:34 AM »
Trenchie,

you know absolutely nothing about the circumstances involved, and it is a topic I won't further dig into on an open forum.

You'll just have to take my word for it.  I only mentioned it to prevent trash talk such as your post.

That's ok BC well while he is fleeing out of Ukraine the call for war tourists to enter Ukraine had been well and truely answered. These lot are going into Ukraine for the joy of it and what's more they're doing it all unpaid!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10560437/Six-American-special-ops-veterans-join-fight-Ukraine.html

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
Many war tourist idiots coming forward now, quite a number not even Ukrainian. These ones in this article are though but their making a pretty poor choice in my opinion being wound up by initial excitement of a war adventure and buying some pretty shoddy second hand equipment that is likely to let them down badly in the moment and likely to pointlessly cost them their lives in the heat of a battle if they get into it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60560589.amp

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2022, 04:42:18 PM »
Many war tourist idiots coming forward now, quite a number not even Ukrainian. These ones in this article are though but their making a pretty poor choice in my opinion being wound up by initial excitement of a war adventure and buying some pretty shoddy second hand equipment that is likely to let them down badly in the moment and likely to pointlessly cost them their lives in the heat of a battle if they get into it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60560589.amp

So what are YOU doing for the Ukrainian people?
You have a home there you been rebuilding for a decade, why dont you take in a couple of refugee family's for free and show your solidarity with the people fleeing for their life?

I have 6 here living under my roof, they where the fortunate ones to get out early, all they need is provided my yours truly and i do so with pride, if I had room I would take in more but right now the house is too crowded.   
You call them idiots for doing what Ukrainian president is asking for (and what is also needed on the ground against a much larger invasion force)
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2022, 06:08:36 PM »
So what are YOU doing for the Ukrainian people?
You have a home there you been rebuilding for a decade, why dont you take in a couple of refugee family's for free and show your solidarity with the people fleeing for their life?

I have 6 here living under my roof, they where the fortunate ones to get out early, all they need is provided my yours truly and i do so with pride, if I had room I would take in more but right now the house is too crowded.   
You call them idiots for doing what Ukrainian president is asking for (and what is also needed on the ground against a much larger invasion force)

I can't abide by those fleeing their menfolk or/and their country people. They're choice if they wish too but they are doing it for themselves. Remember I've been brought up in society that promotes Gender Equality.

Again if people wish to go off and be war tourists it's their choice but if they make poor equipment choices then I think it's only right to point that out. On the ground they might turn out to be a bigger liability than a help.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2022, 07:38:52 PM »
yeah we switched over to WhatsApp to send pictures. Viber does not work

The daily barrage of photos is so devastating. Never in my wildest dreams.

I have no problem sending or receiving photos on WhatsApp. Sent some yesterday.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541377
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701