It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The invasion is happening now  (Read 32416 times)

Offline chooter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The invasion is happening now
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2022, 06:39:48 PM »
A website has been put up by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine with information about captured and killed Russians in Ukraine showing pictures, videos, pictures of documents and corpses.

We looked at it and so far only some videos of captured Russian troops being interviewed by Ukrainian forces

200rf.com
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 06:42:18 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2022, 06:43:33 PM »
So what are YOU doing for the Ukrainian people?

I have put up a Ukrainain flag of support on my Facebook & VK pages and signed a petition opposing the war in Ukraine on there too. It should stand me in good stead if I meet another Ukrainian girl that I have shown my support early on in the conflict. Of course if they lose I'm taking it down ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2022, 07:47:16 PM »
A website has been put up by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine with information about captured and killed Russians in Ukraine showing pictures, videos, pictures of documents and corpses.

What is the URL for such a website ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline chooter

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2022, 10:27:35 PM »
Website

200rf.com
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:32:04 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.

Offline ML

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2022, 07:27:20 AM »
Website

200rf.com

That looks like a Russian Federation website and too dangerous to click on because of virus, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline chooter

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2022, 09:56:00 AM »
That looks like a Russian Federation website and too dangerous to click on because of virus, etc.

No it's not a Russian website. The website is hosted in the US and is managed in the US. We've looked at it several times with no problems.

Offline chooter

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2022, 01:23:02 PM »
With Russian Oil now cut off, petrol & diesel panic buying has been hitting at the pumps randomly in the UK:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1572076/petrol-panic-uk-drivers-queues-shortages-russia-war-energy-crisis-update

Went to one forecourt today that was all out, went to another that had unleaded, so fine for me as that's what my car takes. They were out of diesel though at all the pumps. Unleaded petrol now over £1.50 a litre, a week or so back it was £1.44 ish. Hopefully it won't descend into full blown panic buying hysteria as it did a few months or so ago.

In Russia the currency has been losing value, interest rates have doubled and hyper inflation may even occur. Ukraine on the other hand is likely to be left a complete economic wreck after all of this whoever prevails, probably Russia.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 01:27:44 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2022, 02:37:50 PM »
Inflation is now at 60% in Russia.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2022, 05:00:46 PM »

We looked at it and so far only some videos of captured Russian troops being interviewed by Ukrainian forces

200rf.com

That website is blocked in Russia, so isn't having desired effect.

Offline BC

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2022, 10:40:29 PM »
ML,

Folks can copy and send information posted at that website.

but....

I heard that RU, aside from implementing martial law, may be in the process of forming new laws banning contact between RU citizens and outside parties...  Such would really throw RU back to the KGB dark ages.  I suspect there will be a lot of monitoring going on.  Most now have resorted to using Telegram and other more secure communications.

Offline chooter

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2022, 10:18:45 AM »
ML,

Folks can copy and send information posted at that website.

but....

I heard that RU, aside from implementing martial law, may be in the process of forming new laws banning contact between RU citizens and outside parties...  Such would really throw RU back to the KGB dark ages.  I suspect there will be a lot of monitoring going on.  Most now have resorted to using Telegram and other more secure communications.

My wife got a text in Whatsapp from one of her friends in Moscow about an hour ago and she told her it's possible their cell and internet service could be blocked if this keeps going. So, what does that tell the world.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
Facebook and Twitter is now completely banned in USSR
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2022, 05:39:36 PM »

Good as it should be everywhere :D

I'm guessing now that the Russians are making headway into conquering Ukraine that Ukraine once conquered will soon go back to using VK more again. Handy that I have an account on both for such an eventuality.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2022, 10:56:25 PM »

I don't know about Twitter, but only the news portion of Facebook is banned. Messenger works.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2022, 04:01:29 AM »

I don't know about Twitter, but only the news portion of Facebook is banned. Messenger works.

Russia has completely blocked access to Facebook in retaliation for the platform placing restrictions on state-owned media.

The Russian state communications regulator, Roskomnadzor, later said it had also restricted access to Twitter.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/04/russia-completely-blocks-access-to-facebook-and-twitter

http://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/russia-blocks-facebook-accusing-it-restricting-access-russian-media-2022-03-04/

Facebook and messenger is two separate applications, it's not even called "Facebook messenger" any more (Officially)
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2022, 04:45:21 AM »
Good as it should be everywhere :D

I'm guessing now that the Russians are making headway into conquering Ukraine that Ukraine once conquered will soon go back to using VK more again. Handy that I have an account on both for such an eventuality.

Don't hold your breath...it's been announced that Ukrainians can stay in the countries they're evacuating to for three years.

1.2 million Ukrainians ( primarily women and children ) have now left Ukraine.

Presumably they will be allowed to stay in those countries permanently if they marry a citizen of that country.

Just seen a blonde stunner arrive on her own from Ukraine into Poland on Sky News. :P

Those hotties won't be going back to Ukraine...unless it's to return to a husband or boyfriend who somehow survived the fighting.

You might get hold of a widowed Babushka though .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:10:18 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline chooter

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2022, 09:00:52 AM »
A youtube video showing how Russians are reacting to Putin's war on Ukraine.

Offline chooter

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2022, 11:13:41 AM »
My wife just heard from her life long 76 year old friend in Odesa that they've heard Russian troops are being ferried to Odesa and will hit the beaches first. She only lives a 30 minute walk from the beaches and is really scared. She's alone has no family near her. My wife is beyond upset right now. It's hell feeling hopeless.

She also told her they were told Russian troops will also be moving towards Moldova to possibly launch an attack there.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2022, 11:55:48 AM »
My wife just heard from her life long 76 year old friend in Odesa that they've heard Russian troops are being ferried to Odesa and will hit the beaches first. She only lives a 30 minute walk from the beaches and is really scared. She's alone has no family near her. My wife is beyond upset right now. It's hell feeling hopeless.

She also told her they were told Russian troops will also be moving towards Moldova to possibly launch an attack there.

Re watch my video of the 22 January. All the program is explained about the Russian invasion.
Odessa and Transsnistrie is next on the Russian move.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2022, 11:59:41 AM »

Re watch my video of the 22 January. All the program is explained about the Russian invasion.
Odessa and Transsnistrie is next on the Russian move.

I didn't see the video, but the first major objective of the offensive is becoming clear - and that is to seize all Ukrainian coastline, both the Black Sea and the Sea of Asov. That will, of course, include the port city of Odesa.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2022, 12:29:15 PM »

Don't hold your breath...it's been announced that Ukrainians can stay in the countries they're evacuating to for three years.

1.2 million Ukrainians ( primarily women and children ) have now left Ukraine.

Presumably they will be allowed to stay in those countries permanently if they marry a citizen of that country.

Just seen a blonde stunner arrive on her own from Ukraine into Poland on Sky News. :P

Those hotties won't be going back to Ukraine...unless it's to return to a husband or boyfriend who somehow survived the fighting.

You might get hold of a widowed Babushka though .

Yeah I wondered how many young single hottie girls would be making their way to Poland. Quite a few I would imagine can't think they would want to stay around Ukraine, not now at least.

Not really sure what the deal is for such women when they reach Poland. My guess is like the families they have to process them and find them accomodation likely single rooms/flats in apartment blocks. Us still having so many from Poland over here would likely mean they have a fair amount of room in Poland. The single girls we're not taking here in the UK, they need a British guy to come here ;D

If I had the time on my hands I would get out there now and see if there is any joy to be had in Poland. As it is its probably best to see how things settle out there. Russia is apparently moving towards Odesa and Mariupol & Nikolaev can't have much left. It's really just Russia's hold up north of Kyiv which is holding things up. I personally think for Ukrainians that it's in their best interests now to have the whole thing wrapped up as soon as possible. I just don't see Ukraine being able to win this thing. I think they are making a vital error not engaging which Russian troops north of Kyiv. They could wreck carnage there with all the anti-tank stuff they have been given and make the road impassable for months. Russia's economy is now tanking it so a result like that could lead Ukraine on the path for victory but instead it looks like they are going to sit it out in the cities waiting to be encircled all the while running out of food, not a good strategy to my mind.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »
They actually tried a water front landing a few days ago in Nikolaev, that attempt failed.
After kherson,   the next logical steps are niko and Odesa.Niko has been cut off its roadways for several days, almost from day 1.

Our extended family was staying in the
basement of thier building, but have moved to another building with  no extra stories and a more substantial basement that people have been gathering to stay at.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »
Mariupol seems to be suffering the worst, shelled to bits by the sound of it. They could get anyone out today and it's doubtful that anyone will trust the Russians to try again. There running/run out of water, food and the electricity is off there so the residents are likely to be suffering quite badly there if not already. I would imagine the city hasn't got much left in it and for the citizens sake it might be best time to surrender though of course the fate of any soldiers and even civilians would be uncertain.

Yeah, apparently the Russians are increasing the shelling on Mariupol so it's getting even worse there:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/mayor-of-mariupol-says-russian-forces-have-intensified-shelling/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:52:17 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541388
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2157
Total: 2167

+-Recent Posts

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:57:12 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM