It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Recently Married  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Jersey Guy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Recently Married
« on: October 03, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »
Hello All,
I have not posted on this board for a while but I thought I would let all know that my fiancé and I were married in March of this year. I have posted a few times and have read the board often.
She came over on a K-1 with her 2 kids on K-2 visas. They have just received their Permanent Resident cards last month. Things are going well with a lot of adjustments for all.

Life is constant learning...when you think you know everything....then you are stupid

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Recently Married
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:52:47 PM »
Hello All,
I have not posted on this board for a while but I thought I would let all know that my fiancé and I were married in March of this year. I have posted a few times and have read the board often.
She came over on a K-1 with her 2 kids on K-2 visas. They have just received their Permanent Resident cards last month. Things are going well with a lot of adjustments for all.

Congratulations on your success.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Steamer

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »
Congrats and best wishes for the future!
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »
Hello All,

Fantastic.  This is what this venture is all about.  Congratulations. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You have your hands full.  What are the kids?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »
Hello All,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to see people post about their pride and joy and feel the forum is worth coming back to to announce this news. I hope we contributed something toward your success.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 01:33:46 AM »
Congratulations, and I hope you will report back some anniversaries.  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline CaptB

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 02:52:48 AM »
Congratulations,

Always nice to hear about new marriages. Please come back and post any new anniversaries.
Good luck.

Capt & Mrs. B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Hybrid

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »
Congratulations, I have been married to my RW for about 2 months. Ups and downs but going great overall :)
RUgirlfriend.com - Build Relationships with Russian & Ukrainian Women

Offline Jersey Guy

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

Thanks for the congrats all.

:

You have your hands full.  What are the kids?

Gator, She has 2 kids....a very sweet little girl of 7 and a very intelligent 17 year old son.

I must admit life adjustment does have it's moments. We bought her son a new bookcase for his room from Ikea that required some assembly. We completed most of it except the doors that required only a few more screws. The next day when I called her from work I could tell from the conversation that she was busy...so... I asked her what she was doing......she was honest...she said she was "screwing"....so I just said that perhaps we should talk about some US slang terms when I get home....she didn't understand. When I got home and explained it to her she couldn't stop laughing.

Well...we have some challenges and some very good times. But, everything is going well.
Life is constant learning...when you think you know everything....then you are stupid

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »

I must admit life adjustment does have it's moments. We bought her son a new bookcase for his room from Ikea that required some assembly. We completed most of it except the doors that required only a few more screws. The next day when I called her from work I could tell from the conversation that she was busy...so... I asked her what she was doing......she was honest...she said she was "screwing"....so I just said that perhaps we should talk about some US slang terms when I get home....she didn't understand. When I got home and explained it to her she couldn't stop laughing.

A good one.  Every day has such.  It is good that you are laughing at them.   

Hopefully your wife will not experience this, but mine hit a wall about three months in when the stress of adjustment without her friends and family nearby simply became too much.  Nevertheless, Russian are survivors, and she prevailed. 

They are not lazy either and are not shy about taking the initiative, as illustrated by your wife completing the bookcase.  We were having a room painted, and at 3 am one night my wife couldn't sleep and started painting the trim elsewhere.  She used primer paint rather than off-white, semi-gloss, and her brush stroke was not exactly what one would term professional.  So our painter had to repaint it. Correction: he tried because the trim was originally sprayed and hand brushing can not match it.    Of course it was my fault (for various reasons).

Offline CaptB

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »
And of course in helping to cope with "homesickness"......"skype" has got to be the miracle of the decade. As soon as my wife found skype about five years ago.....most of that "homesickness" melted away. If her family does have a computer and/or hi-speed internet......it could be the best Christmas (or earlier) present you could give.

Good luck,

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »
Thanks for the congrats all.

Gator, She has 2 kids....a very sweet little girl of 7 and a very intelligent 17 year old son.

Well...we have some challenges and some very good times. But, everything is going well.

Congratulations. Yes you can have fun with this. When my wife is bored she says, "I'm [her] boring." I say, no, you're very interesting.

Sometimes those miscues on the communication can be a little difficult when disagreeing but you just try to be patient and work through it.
Mark

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »
A good one.  Every day has such.  It is good that you are laughing at them.   

Hopefully your wife will not experience this, but mine hit a wall about three months in when the stress of adjustment without her friends and family nearby simply became too much.  Nevertheless, Russian are survivors, and she prevailed. 

They are not lazy either and are not shy about taking the initiative, as illustrated by your wife completing the bookcase.  We were having a room painted, and at 3 am one night my wife couldn't sleep and started painting the trim elsewhere.  She used primer paint rather than off-white, semi-gloss, and her brush stroke was not exactly what one would term professional.  So our painter had to repaint it. Correction: he tried because the trim was originally sprayed and hand brushing can not match it.    Of course it was my fault (for various reasons).

A very handy wife you have. I know the feeling. My wife has painted the whole interior of our house, laid laminate in 3/4 of our house, tiled the kitchen back-splash, fireplace, patio, a bathroom including the walls, made her own curtains for the whole house, rearranged the garage in an orderly manner so I can't find what I need when I need it, any many other things. For some reason though, I can't get her to mow the yard.

Mark

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 06:32:45 AM »
Nice to have good news. For my wife coming alone was adjustment enough. I can hardly imagine a couple of children also.

Nice work on both partners.

Offline scottiestevie

• Commercial Member
  • Stephen Pellicano owner of Ukraine marriage agency
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
I am a lucky man.  Was married to my Ukrainian bride on Nov 20, 2013 and one year to the day her permanent resident card arrived in the mail.   My understanding was the problem at the southern border in summer with children coming in from South America illegally caused a delay for everyone.
I'm just glad she has it, because now we can visit her mom and bring our child with us to visit Ukraine so grandma can finally see her new grandchild in person.
Sincerely,
Stephen Pellicano
Co-Founder
http://www.bridesmadeinukraine.com

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »
I am a lucky man.  Was married to my Ukrainian bride on Nov 20, 2013 and one year to the day her permanent resident card arrived in the mail.   My understanding was the problem at the southern border in summer with children coming in from South America illegally caused a delay for everyone.
I'm just glad she has it, because now we can visit her mom and bring our child with us to visit Ukraine so grandma can finally see her new grandchild in person.

Congratulations!  Success stories are a pleasure to read.  Happy anniversary.   :clapping:

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
Stevie,
Congratulations to you and yours!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0