It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Putin is Ruining Russia  (Read 232934 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Putin is Ruining Russia
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
Putin is ruining Russia. The best way for people to understand my point of view, is to communicate with people who are living in Ukraine. Also, try reading the opinions of lots of different journalists, not just Putin's RT. People need to do this. That's a gentle suggestion.
 :blowkiss:

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »
Personally, I like the sparring between Marie Harf and Matt rather than Psaki in these State Department press briefings. But, so it goes...

Yesterday Matt once again questioned Psaki regarding those released *satellite images* that were supposed to be declassified to present as proofs that the Russians were firing rockets from within Russia (you've all seen them. A few of you already posted them as *proofs*), which was first released via tweet (LOL).

Here's an excerpt in the exchange between these two:

>>QUESTION: So Secretary Kerry spoke with Foreign Minister Lavrov over the weekend. To what detail was this – were these satellite images discussed, and how will these satellite images affect U.S.-Russia relations moving forward?

MS. PSAKI: Well, it’s not about the satellite images. The satellite images provide evidence of what we’ve been saying publicly for some time now. They didn’t discuss the satellite images. They did discuss Secretary Kerry’s concern about the Russians’ continuing assistance and support for the separatists. And the Secretary certainly made clear he doesn’t buy the claim that they are not involved and they’re not engaged in this effort. So that was a part of the discussion. They also discussed the Secretary’s trip over the past week and the situation on the ground in Gaza.

QUESTION:
Jen, what exactly in those images was declassified?

MS. PSAKI:
I’d have to look at the specific images, Matt. There was some information that we have from our own sources that we put out publicly for the first time.

QUESTION:
But the satellites – they were Digital Globe, right? This is not U.S. spy satellites taking – they were credited to Digital Globe, which is a commercial satellite company. So those pictures in themselves weren’t subject to classification, were they?

MS. PSAKI:
I’d have to look back and see what information was newly available from those satellite photos.

QUESTION:
Okay.

MS. PSAKI:
Obviously, you all have the packet of them.

QUESTION:
Right. No, I’m just wondering what in there was declassified? What prior to Sunday – what information in that – in those four pages was classified prior to Sunday when they were released?

MS. PSAKI:
Well, I think, one --

QUESTION:
The analysis?

MS. PSAKI:
-- there weren’t images released previously that I’m aware of that showed that Russian forces had fired across the border at Ukrainian military forces, and that Russian – there was some, of course, that Russian-back separatists have used heavy artillery. But this was, again, further evidence and further information that we made available to – in order to show what we have concerns about. That’s why we put it out publicly. <<

:ROFL:   

The whole exchange here: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2014/07/229855.htm#UKRAINE
The video version here: http://video.state.gov/en/video/3702540413001/daily-press-briefing-july-282014/s~creationDate/p~1/?p
...and for those who want to follow this daily US Department/Maxwell Smart Comedy hour show: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/index.htm

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »
OMG, Jones, what in my words is NOT true?
That people in Russia feel bad for those who die?
I am reading two "Russian people abroad" forums and two Russian forums IN Russia. There are many threads where people post.
So far I haven't read any coment about being happy because people die.
I spoke to may Russians in Russia ( age 30-60 )- nobody was happy about killing.

Doll,

You misunderstood me.  I believe that it is a tragedy that young Russian idealists are dying.  You said:

"I am just shocked that people are being killed on both sides but this forum only sees one."

So, your premise that people on this forum see only one side being killed is not true.  I have a great love for the Russian people.  Always have.

I am sorry I was not specific in what I said was 'Not True'.  Now you know.

Izvinite pajalusta!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

Re: Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position(s)
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »

LMAO

I swear that the image I had reading this was GQ hoping on the car with a dead battery and some guys pushing the car and GQ letting the clutch out in second gear. At first it sputtered but eventually it started.

Well, that metaphor is about as far as what is true with me today. 2 company cars at my disposal (P/U truck/SUV), CCs, scheduled maintenance, mechanics galore at my disposal, etc...so a *dead battery* is a thing of the past.

I still maintain, and always will, this recent conflict is *our* creation. We have been trying to wash our hands off it, but darn those blood stains just won't wash away easily...

;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:28:16 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
To say that what happened at Maidan was our(USA) creation is ridiculous. At one point there were 100,000 people there. I've followed the entire protest. I've seen so many videos, so many personal accounts. It was a grass roots movement, triggered by Yanu's reversed course, followed by his courts making protests illegal, etc. You must see Ukrainians as mindless cattle. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »
To say that what happened at Maidan was our(USA) creation is ridiculous. At one point there were 100,000 people there. I've followed the entire protest. I've seen so many videos, so many personal accounts. It was a grass roots movement, triggered by Yanu's reversed course, followed by his courts making protests illegal, etc. ...

Oh, so were you in this crowd? Bet some serious goose-bumpies when the *I am with you* speech came roaring out, no?

;)

...You must see Ukrainians as mindless cattle.

Ukrainians? No. I believe they're all victims in this conflict, less of course the oligarchs, and the west-east tug-of-war. But the notoriety goes well with some of the Americans... :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:48:46 PM by GQBlues »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »
Oh, so were you in this crowd? Bet some serious goose-bumpies when the *I am with you* speech came roaring out, no?

;)

Ukrainians? No. I believe they're all victims in this conflict, less of course the oligarchs, and the west-east tug-of-war. But the notoriety goes well with some of the Americans... :P

Thankfully nobody is paying McCain and his kind much attention regarding the arming the Ukrainians... 
Why he is travelling around the world stirring things up is NOT what he should be doing given what is going on in his state and across the US.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
McCain is simply an idiot. Period.

It's really unfortunate that so many lives are lost in this, and all other conflicts in the world today. What separates this one from all the rest, or maybe I just don't pay as much attention to the *evidence* being presented on those that I am with this one, is the mind-numbing stupidity being presented to the public who are so eager to bite on just about everything/anything that has a *US* stamp in it regardless how stupid they are. LOL.

All these silliness reminds me of my all-time favorite secret agents. Agent 86 & 99...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:23:27 PM by GQBlues »

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »

It's really unfortunate that so many lives are lost in this, and all other conflicts in the world today. What separates this one from all the rest, or maybe I just don't pay as much attention to the *evidence* being presented on those that I am with this one, is the mind-numbing stupidity being presented to the public who are so eager to bite on just about everything/anything that has a *US* stamp in it regardless how stupid they are. LOL.

Here bruddah, I am with you 100% on this entire post. I'm curious though, of the two seriously flawed accounts of evidence, you seem to load your wagon with Putin's. Nobody has more disdain for the U.S. gub'mint and more specifically, it's lawmakers and as bad as that is, I couldn't choose Putin's account. His history is much more corrupt than the other.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
It may appears so, FP, but I assure you I don't. Matter of fact, I don't even remotely listen to any of RT's accounting or reporting. In as much of how idiotic are the flow of *evidence* coming out of our State Dept., which is what I basically subscribe to, good or bad - it tells me a good picture of what is so wrong in this conflict. The sillier the content of the briefings, the more I am convinced something really is just NOT right in the world today.

Even at home, I would estimate approximately <10 minutes of *discussion* I've had with my wife since this conflict began. I remember wifey once asking me what I thought of what's going on in Ukraine (after the Kiev bloodbath), I simply told her Russia, just as much as the US/EU, I can honestly say and believe are complicit in this no matter what happens. Everything else in between these folds are Ukraine's internal problems generated by their systemic corruptions. Beyond that, she occasionally share stories of the growing refugees in nearby neighborhoods along the border.

Wifey hates that this is going on. For so many reasons, and from her perspective, I fully understand and shares her concerns.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:11:30 PM by GQBlues »

Offline jone

« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
Perhaps this is the silliness that the world perceives:

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
Anyway-

Here's the latest briefings for today:

QUESTION: On Ukraine, yes. Do you have any details about the sanctions the Secretary was mentioning this morning? And apparently, according to the White House, the U.S. is ready to take these sanctions as soon as today.

MS. PSAKI: That’s right. I don’t have any details for you at this point. As the Secretary mentioned this morning, we’re preparing and coordinating with the EU. We certainly welcome Europe’s determination to take strong new steps and the strong – this transatlantic community, and G-7, are united in their determination to respond to continued and intensified Russian aggression. And we expect a statement from the EU on sanctions against Russia shortly, and I expect you’ll hear more from us on ours shortly as well.

QUESTION:
We have some reporting that the U.S. has information that Ukrainian military has been firing short-range missiles at rebel strongholds in eastern Ukraine. And I’m wondering, given that you’re calling for a de-escalation, if you’re concerned that the Russians will use this as a pretext for greater either involvement in Ukraine or possibly an invasion or something like that. Like it does seem as if this is – Russians’ actions notwithstanding, this does seem to be the most powerful weapon used in the conflict so far, and I’m just wondering if this is a provocation that Russia may seize upon.

MS. PSAKI:
Well, you may have seen this morning that the Ukrainian foreign minister was asked about this at the press conference and spoke to it there, so I would certainly point you to that.

QUESTION:
Well, he didn’t really answer the question, but okay.

MS. PSAKI:
Well, obviously, there’s nothing I can add to or communicate on this particular point from the podium. Obviously, any escalation we’d be concerned about, but beyond that, I don’t have much more to add.

QUESTION:
Can I just – I just want to follow up from my colleague said was – so after the EU comes out with a formal statement, you’re going to have also reciprocal --

MS. PSAKI:
Well, we’ve said we’ve been preparing sanctions. I expect you’ll hear more from us soon. I don’t have anything on the timing of their formal statement.

QUESTION:
Jen, beyond any concern you might have that Russia might use the Ukrainian military’s artillery strikes as a provocation, do you have any concern at all about the damage that these strikes are doing? I mean, they hit a home for the elderly today, apparently. Do you share, as you do with Israel and Gaza – do you think that the Ukrainians need to do more to prevent civilian casualties?

MS. PSAKI:
Well, I don’t have any confirmation, Matt, of the root of the – the source of the – these rockets, so I can’t speak to it from that angle.

QUESTION:
Okay.

MS. PSAKI:
Of course, we support de-escalation. But for the most part, the vast majority of escalation has been from the Russian side --

QUESTION:
Right.

MS. PSAKI:
-- and the Russian separatists.

QUESTION:
Right. But I’m just wondering if you think that the Ukrainian military has an obligation to try to minimize civilian casualties, as you do with the Israelis.

MS. PSAKI:
Yes we do, and they have throughout the course of the last several months.

QUESTION:
They have? You’re – okay. I mean, there – I think there’s a lot of people out there that would say that they haven’t and that there’s been indiscriminate firing, or at least civilian targets are being hit. You’re – that’s not a concern of yours at the moment; is that what you’re saying?

MS. PSAKI:
Well, certainly, any civilian casualties are a concern, but what we have seen is that the Ukrainians have taken every step to minimize civilian casualties.

QUESTION:
Okay.

QUESTION: You think they’re exercising restraint?

MS. PSAKI: We do, and we have for the last several months throughout the course of this conflict.

--links previously provided for.

:(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:37:03 PM by GQBlues »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »
Personally, I like the sparring between Marie Harf and Matt rather than Psaki in these State Department press briefings. But, so it goes...

Yesterday Matt once again questioned Psaki regarding those released *satellite images* that were supposed to be declassified to present as proofs that the Russians were firing rockets from within Russia (you've all seen them. A few of you already posted them as *proofs*), which was first released via tweet (LOL).

Here's an excerpt in the exchange between these two:

>>QUESTION: So Secretary Kerry spoke with Foreign Minister Lavrov over the weekend. To what detail was this – were these satellite images discussed, and how will these satellite images affect U.S.-Russia relations moving forward?

MS. PSAKI: Well, it’s not about the satellite images. The satellite images provide evidence of what we’ve been saying publicly for some time now. They didn’t discuss the satellite images. They did discuss Secretary Kerry’s concern about the Russians’ continuing assistance and support for the separatists. And the Secretary certainly made clear he doesn’t buy the claim that they are not involved and they’re not engaged in this effort. So that was a part of the discussion. They also discussed the Secretary’s trip over the past week and the situation on the ground in Gaza.

QUESTION:
Jen, what exactly in those images was declassified?

MS. PSAKI:
I’d have to look at the specific images, Matt. There was some information that we have from our own sources that we put out publicly for the first time.

QUESTION:
But the satellites – they were Digital Globe, right? This is not U.S. spy satellites taking – they were credited to Digital Globe, which is a commercial satellite company. So those pictures in themselves weren’t subject to classification, were they?

MS. PSAKI:
I’d have to look back and see what information was newly available from those satellite photos.

QUESTION:
Okay.

MS. PSAKI:
Obviously, you all have the packet of them.

QUESTION:
Right. No, I’m just wondering what in there was declassified? What prior to Sunday – what information in that – in those four pages was classified prior to Sunday when they were released?

MS. PSAKI:
Well, I think, one --

QUESTION:
The analysis?

MS. PSAKI:
-- there weren’t images released previously that I’m aware of that showed that Russian forces had fired across the border at Ukrainian military forces, and that Russian – there was some, of course, that Russian-back separatists have used heavy artillery. But this was, again, further evidence and further information that we made available to – in order to show what we have concerns about. That’s why we put it out publicly. <<

:ROFL:   

The whole exchange here: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2014/07/229855.htm#UKRAINE
The video version here: http://video.state.gov/en/video/3702540413001/daily-press-briefing-july-282014/s~creationDate/p~1/?p
...and for those who want to follow this daily US Department/Maxwell Smart Comedy hour show: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/index.htm

http://ukraineinvestigation.com/russian-soldier-confirms-bombing-ukraine-from-russia/

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »
Yesterday Matt once again questioned Psaki regarding those released *satellite images* that were supposed to be declassified

Is that the same man who asked her for some other evidence than social media? What TV channel or other News does he work in? I mean, he's oviously a westerner, right? And I watch and read western media every day but just can't find ANY Balance. He's like a unicorn and I'd like to know from where.

You know GQBlues, you and me had Our differences a long time ago, but these days I like you more and more.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »

http://ukraineinvestigation.com/russian-soldier-confirms-bombing-ukraine-from-russia/

Oh geeez...another ukraineinvestigation subscriber. You did say that Yanukovich ordered the Kiev snipers, right?  :rolleyes:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »
Is that the same man who asked her for some other evidence than social media? What TV channel or other News does he work in? I mean, he's oviously a westerner, right? And I watch and read western media every day but just can't find ANY Balance. He's like a unicorn and I'd like to know from where....

Matt had been asking very pointed/direct lines of questioning that seem to stumble Psaki and Harf now and then. TBH, I do not kow where or who he works for, man. I am doing a search right now to find out. If you listen to all the other briefings, not just Ukraine related, this guy is really on the ball...

Listen to the questions he asked in the beginning about the Isareli/Gaza conflict...and also the participation of the Qataris and Turks in the planned meeting regarding Gaza.

FWIW: The Qataris had been sending monies to Hamas for a few years now and the contention is, some of the monies are being used to purchase weapons and financed the tunnels recently uncovered by the Israelis. Qatar had been one of the US *considered* allies in the ME.

...You know GQBlues, you and me had Our differences a long time ago, but these days I like you more and more....

:o Is this a good thing?   ;)

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »

LMAO

I swear that the image I had reading this was GQ hoping on the car with a dead battery and some guys pushing the car and GQ letting the clutch out in second gear. At first it sputtered but eventually it started.
The image I had was someone struggling to press down on the clutch pedal with his toes even with the seat fully extended forwards...

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
The image I had was someone struggling to press down on the clutch pedal with his toes even with the seat fully extended forwards...

LMAO! The image you should carry in your head is how to get actually get date without buying one. Period.

1) There was a period of about 3 weeks where she was totally uncontactable via phone calls 24/7. When I finally managed to get through to her via phone later on, her explanation was her phone was broken and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Probably during that time she was with another guy fleecing him so too busy to answer my calls. Stupidly I said I will buy her a new phone when I return this trip. She suggested that I buy a phone in Australia and bring it over. I know because Australian phones won't work in FSU even after changing the sim card, I said I will buy her the phone when I am back in Ukraine. Luckily I discovered her scam early enough and I didn't get a chance to actually buy her the new phone....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:44:59 PM by GQBlues »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
Oh geeez...another ukraineinvestigation subscriber. You did say that Yanukovich ordered the Kiev snipers, right?  :rolleyes:

He did order the police to violently get rid of the protesters and I believe a Police Chief refused and resigned over that.  Whether Yanukovich ordered snipers or a higher power in Russia did it, it was not ordered by a normal Ukrainian.

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
LMAO! The image you should carry in your head is how to get actually get date without buying one. Period.

Changed your mind on the ignoring part? Or is this a one-off?

Especially SleepyCat. I mostly ignore him

But wait! It gets better...

The forum had repeatedly announced the *ignore* button is there for your use.  You can't be so adolescent you can't follow simple procedures to make your *reading* as pleasurable as you'd like for them to be.

Not following your own advice to enhance your reading pleasure? Or is getting the last word in simply irresistible?  :ROFL:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2014, 07:26:34 PM »

He did order the police to violently get rid of the protesters and I believe a Police Chief refused and resigned over that.  Whether Yanukovich ordered snipers or a higher power in Russia did it, it was not ordered by a *normal Ukrainian*.

Riiiiight!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:42:26 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:12 PM »

Billy, that was asinine and totally uncalled for.

There seems to be a lot of asinine and uncalled for statements lately with all the people "watched", "moderated", and "banned" in the last few weeks. Everybody needs to take a step back and think before typing on these hot topics. The way people have debated each other here, they won't last long in a relationship. My comment was a tip, not an insult.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
Changed your mind on the ignoring part? Or is this a one-off?

But wait! It gets better...

Not following your own advice to enhance your reading pleasure? Or is getting the last word in simply irresistible?  :ROFL:

Look at it this way...these days and with our experiences with women, if a woman, any woman, ever make the mistake of  remotely consider you as a *possibility*, you can at least rest assured she earns the title of the *woman of your dreams*, no? I mean, who will you compare her with?

Dude you must either be too old and just one fugly mofo...LOL! A girl ditch you for 3 weeks and then you offer her a cell phone? She drops you off over the weekend and left you dry in your apartment and you still couldn't figure out what was happening?

So, do you honestly think what *you* think have any significance with me?  :devil:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:34:03 PM by GQBlues »

Offline jone

« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
The Russians claimed today that they can shut down any businesses that have corporate offices in 'Aggressor' countries.    The Duma will be executing laws to that effect.

The car manufacturers beat them to it:

5 big car manufacturers, including Volkswagen, Hyundai, Ford suspend operation of their factories in #Russia http://yopolis.ru/yod/2014/07/29/auto

Offline jone

« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »
The Kremlin is now playing the sanctions against Russia as an attempt to overthrow Putin.  This is a dangerous game.  The West is not nearly done with sanctions.

Here is an interesting graphic:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1948
Total: 1957

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM