It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Looking for a Russian/Ukranian. Had no luck so far  (Read 11410 times)

Offline Israel

Looking for a Russian/Ukranian. Had no luck so far
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Hello all,

So let me introduce myself: I'm a 19 years olds male living in Israel.
I've been using free dating site but had no luck - only 48 out of 1388 women responded to my message (a 3.4% response rate!) and most of them were not even serious.
Can someone give me another free dating site, or an advice? I don't know what to do!

Does it have something to do with my location? How is Israel viewed in Russia/Ukraine?
What do Russian/Ukrainian girls think about dating younger men?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:54:35 PM by Israel »

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Looking for a Russian/Ukranian. Had no luck so far
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »
I don't think it is because of your location. Most likely because of your age. Don't expect the girls of your age to be serious any way. Most of 18-20 y.o. girls are looking for sugar daddies among foreigners on the dating websites. Though there is always an exception you can try to find your "diamond. Do you really think the Russian or Ukrainian young girls are much different from the same age girls in your own country?  :)

My son is 20. I hope he is enough wise not to marry until his 30s  :D Don't be in hurry. Enjoy your life  ;)

Welcome, Israel.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
Though there are many Jewish people live in Russia, the antisemitic mood is very strong. And Russians love to blame Jews and now Americans in every their Russian fault, of course including the Red Revolution that happened in Russia. The Orthodox Church literature is also full of antisemitic calls.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
Hello all,

I've been using free dating site but had no luck - only 48 out of 1388 women responded to my message (a 3.4% response rate!) and most of them were not even serious.
Can someone give me another free dating site, or an advice? I don't know what to do!

What do you mean by the girls were not serious? Do you expect them to talk about marriage within the first few messages or did they come out early and they say they like to party?

You asked for more free dating sites but maybe you should pay to join a marriage agency? On average, the girls there may be looking to marry more than girls who want to just date at dating sites.

A lot of people will recommend you staying single. Most people need companionship and some people, including young ones, prefer that happening within marriage.

Before deciding to visit any woman, ask her how she feels if she were to live in Israel someday. If she don't want to live there, don't visit her and waste time.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
Though there are many Jewish people live in Russia, the antisemitic mood is very strong.
Some say 20% of Israel comes from Russia.  Many of them mafia.  They go there to escape the other kind of heat.
Israel, maybe you could find a local Russian gal on this forum.  She might even be a wealthy mafia kid.
I met a couple of those in Moscow.
http://www.internations.org/israel-expats/russians

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
Some say 20% of Israel comes from Russia.  Many of them mafia.  They go there to escape the other kind of heat.
Israel, maybe you could find a local Russian gal on this forum.  She might even be a wealthy mafia kid.
I met a couple of those in Moscow.
http://www.internations.org/israel-expats/russians

Honestly I don't know anything about such statistics and never heard of this, so I can not comment.

One of my friend is married to a Jewish guy and they live in Israel. No any connection to mafia at all. Another my friend is a Jewish man who works in Russia in the theatrical business but his two children and wife live in Israel, again nothing close to the mafia. And they are not only example. So, I really don't know. Probably because I don't have anybody among my Jewish acquaintance circle who would be connected to mafia.

My music teacher was Jewish. I loved her. A great kind person with a good sense of humor she was.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
   I don't know what to do!

:welcome: Keep plugging.

Karl
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

According to a couple of people in this forum, that is the current fad.
But is that what you want?  What was wrong with the 48 responses you got?

Honestly I don't know anything about such statistics and never heard of this, so I can not comment.
Sergei Mikhailov and Ludwig "Tarzan" Fainberg are based in Israel.  Mogilevich is also an Israeli citizen.
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/russian-boss-sergei-mikhailov

Offline Olly

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:37 PM »
Hello all,

I'm a 19 years olds male living in Israel.
I think you are too young for marriage. 18-20 yo girls don't thinks about marriage yet, 25-30 yo women look for men 30-35 yo.
Don't worry and enjoy your life.  :)
Your destiny will find you...

Offline Israel

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »

What do you mean by the girls were not serious? Do you expect them to talk about marriage within the first few messages or did they come out early and they say they like to party?

You asked for more free dating sites but maybe you should pay to join a marriage agency? On average, the girls there may be looking to marry more than girls who want to just date at dating sites.

A lot of people will recommend you staying single. Most people need companionship and some people, including young ones, prefer that happening within marriage.

Before deciding to visit any woman, ask her how she feels if she were to live in Israel someday. If she don't want to live there, don't visit her and waste time.
By "not serious", I mean "No" replies and other timewasters. But I guess the reason for that is because that site is free. In AnastasiaDate they do response, but it's "pay for letters", and I hate how they are intervening in the letters. Do anyone here have good marriage agency to suggest?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:14:24 AM »
Are there no girls in Israel? I am pretty sure they even speak Russian....
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Israel

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
Are there no girls in The Netherlands? I mean, how is this relevant?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »

It's relevant because:

a) you're way too young to be thinking of marriage, no matter how mature you are (or think you are);
b) how can you have already exhausted all possibilities within your own country?

You can't possibly have dated 200,000 teenage girls already (at, least, I sincerely hope not!).  Israel has plenty of stunning girls if you're just in the market for looks, and I'm sure that plenty of them have brains as well.  What's this obsession with girls (at your age you can't possibly be looking for women) from Russia or Ukraine?

If you really feel that you must follow this path, get away from Anastasia for a start.  Of course there are good girls on there...somewhere.  Have a look at the list of sites in the "Starting Out" thread to get an idea of what people on here recommend.

Good luck - you'll need it!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:58 AM »
I will second the "stay away from Anasatsia"   You will get lots of answers but most often it will be someone paid to write you and not the girl you contacted.   If I had to pick one site to recommend it would be Elena's Models.  That is where I met my wife and I have probably hear more guys say they met their wife on that site than any other site and probably on any other 4 or 5 sites combined.  There are a number of good sites and you can search and find the recommendations.   I think part of your problem is your age but that will get easier with time.  Probably most of the people I met who married young wish they had waited and enjoyed the single life a little longer so take your time and find a woman who is perfect for you.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:13 AM »
Relevant is that I dated in my home country as well as anywhere else in the world. And started to grow the territory of dating over time.
It somehow seems odd that you would discard the local women and look more international already.
In general women mature faster as men (some will say men never mature) which means that at the age of 19 you will have a lot of trouble convicing women you are seriously looking for marriage.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Daveman

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 07:28:48 AM »
I will second the "stay away from Anasatsia"   You will get lots of answers but most often it will be someone paid to write you and not the girl you contacted.   ...

I'll throw in a 'third'. 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »
In AnastasiaDate they do response, but it's "pay for letters", and I hate how they are intervening in the letters.

I assume you lost some money there. Lots of men have. Too bad you didn't find this forum earlier. We could have told you to stay away from them and charge you half the price. Actually we like to tell people their wrong free of charge.

Do anyone here have good marriage agency to suggest?

I thought Manlooking had a pretty good list he put out from time to time. Maybe he'll show up and direct you to his list.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »
...So let me introduce myself: I'm a 19 years olds male living in Israel. I've been using free dating site but had no luck - only 48 out of 1388 women responded to my message (a 3.4% response rate!) and most of them were not even serious. Can someone give me another free dating site, or an advice? I don't know what to do!

It may well be your age. Maybe waste a few more years shaping yourself into someone a bit more conducive to marriage i.e. settled and stable. I thought Israelis, like Russians, have a mandatory military commitment? Has this change?

An aside, Lebanon is so close to you, ever think about dating Lebanese women girls?

Just a few years ago, using only US-based numbers, the FSU-based MOB was turning thousands  of marriages every year...lately it's declined to less than a thousand for 2 years running. Travel options have opened up for many of these girls/women. That said, many factors impact anyone's chances or success rate these days.

Anyway, if you're bent on hitting up Russian/Ukrainian sites, then you may as well put in the time until it either becomes obvious to you there's nothing in it for you, or you stumble upon the woman of your dreams. But being as young as you, impatience should not even be in your vocabulary just yet. A huge chunk of the men who found their inamoratas in the MOB are retirees or (very) close to it with a few divorces in their resume. That should give you 'some' idea...

Anyway...have fun.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:51:34 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline onus

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »
As someone who is 20 I'll tell you my story and other things. I didn't set on to date anyone so far away from home. I was just browsing out of curiosity on how the people compared to here.

I sort of came to the conclusion that most of the girls seem just like the ones i know at home.

But, as i was oh this is nice to look at. Now I'm done. Another profile popped up and it clicked something in my head. I had to know this person. We are very similar.

There is a saying that you find what your looking for when you stop looking for it.

I can only imagine the cost side too. I figure your plane tickets are much less expensive then when i have to fly across the Atlantic. Somehow i saved up a very decent chunk of change from working from 15.

I suppose i should bring up marriage too seeing as everyone else is. At that age most should have college / university / academy. So it isn't gonna happen tomorrow anyway. But, who wants to get married right now anyway?

Another angle is maturity. This takes a ton of patience, trust, and maybe a little insanity. 

Offline I/O

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
This takes a ton of patience, trust, and maybe a little insanity.

Offline lakeShoreMark

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
getting married at 19 is a big mistake.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »
  What's this obsession with girls (at your age you can't possibly be looking for women) from Russia or Ukraine?

If you really feel that you must follow this path, get away from Anastasia for a start.
You asked the question and then answered it yourself. I know some grown men who are addicted to Anstasia's bikini girls' photos. Even when they know the deal with them they can't stop looking and fantasizing, and these guys are in their 40s and 50s!!! What do you expect from an 18 year old? Let him go through this phase, he'll learn eventually and will probably meet a local girl sooner or later.
Good luck to you, Israel!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »
I'd like to remind everyone that were all young and thought we knew everything. Israel,  you are going to do what you want to do. The opinions expressed here are some very good advice from people who have done what you are trying to do. 
I will ask you why are you looking to get married?
What do you have to offer a potential mate that is more impressive than the other 4 billion men on this planet?
What is it about you that will make you a perfect husband and father?
If you can't answer these questions honestly and can't find something about yourself that makes you a more suitable mate than the next guy, then you should consider making yourself into that person now.
Get into college if your are not already. If you are in college, there should be plenty of girls to choose from. Ask one of them that catches your eye out for coffee...

I was at a KINKO's copy store yesterday having some printing things done and I walked in just behind a  US Marine dressed in his best uniform. he was looking very spiffy to say the least.
 We both stood at the counter waiting for assistance. As the women behind the counter were helping us, I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing there. A minute or two later, he began to walk out, but then it caught my eye when he was half way out the door and made an about face and returned to the counter.  He asked to speak to the girl that was helping him previously and when she came out, he said..  Hey, do you think you would like to maybe have a cup of coffee or something some time?  The girl got so flushed I thought she was going to pass out.  She didn't answer right away,  I think from trying to maintain her composure..   She said yes  , that would be nice,
He smiled and said great, I'm ..... , here is my phone number.. call me later..
she said ok , and he left.  Then the girls all got together for high fives and it looked like they had just won a volleyball championship.  lol. It was very cool.

My point is, if you aren't out doing what that Officer did, and you are "dating" over the keyboard, you are being lazy.  Get away from the computer, and go meet some girls, have some fun, and see what happens. 
What is the worst that could come of that?

see ya

Jason

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
Hello all,

Does it have something to do with my location? How is Israel viewed in Russia/Ukraine?

Thanks in advance.

Only 48 out of 1388 women who responded to your messages?  So, why have you waste your time writing to all these 1388 women.  You are the one who isn't serious.  1388 women - way too many to write to.

What is wrong with these 48 women?  Who do you expect? Pamela Anderson????

What do you expect from FREE dating sites? 

FREE dating sites = many non-serious people!!!

If you have money, then you can look for proper dating site such as Elena's Model / Luckylovers, so on.  Ask ML for the list!!

If you do not have money for any 'paid' dating sites, then how will you be able to afford dating one of these Russian women???

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »

If you have money, then you can look for proper dating site such as Elena's Model / Luckylovers, so on.  Ask ML for the list!!

A good manager identifies, trains and grooms his own replacement.

I did so too.

The list is posted in Starting  Out section:  "FSUW 101"

I am no longer needed!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2044
Total: 2052

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat