It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Allow Ukrainian Citizens 90 day entrance into the USA on passport, without Visa.  (Read 12713 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
This may be of interest to some!! It would help if your support is added.I have reproduced here as request arrived. Any one who can add more?

"URGENT ALL!  In the U.S. government trying to promote a new petition. Its essence is in order to give the citizens of Ukraine without visa entry into the United States for up to 90 days. The petition was published on February 26. Her term expires on March 28, before this time you need to collect 100,000 signatures. All not indifferent, as well as those who support the need to sign a petition. Friends who have doubts about the veracity of this site. This is the official page of the white house, so please take 2 minutes. And register and sign this petition!!! http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-ukrai ..      "

http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-ukrainian-citizens-90-day-entrance-usa-passport-without-visa/m0BDgkb5
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:06:59 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
only needs about 6000 more
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gylden

• Trips: 1 - 3
Looks like it needs about 94,000 more?

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Wow... the lengths that a guy will go through to get a girl in for a visit !!! ;)
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

A bump for an idea that could be of huge assistance to guys(  & girls) and particularly in the current climate. Please help!! :welcome: ;D
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

A bump for an idea that could be of huge assistance to guys(  & girls) and particularly in the current climate. Please help!! :welcome: ;D

:welcome:

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 28, 2014 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000       23,589TOTAL SIGNATURES
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:34:47 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

This may be of interest to some!! It would help if your support is added.I have reproduced here as request arrived. Any one who can add more?

"URGENT ALL!  In the U.S. government trying to promote a new petition. Its essence is in order to give the citizens of Ukraine without visa entry into the United States for up to 90 days. The petition was published on February 26. Her term expires on March 28, before this time you need to collect 100,000 signatures. All not indifferent, as well as those who support the need to sign a petition. Friends who have doubts about the veracity of this site. This is the official page of the white house, so please take 2 minutes. And register and sign this petition!!! http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-ukrai ..      "

http://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-ukrainian-citizens-90-day-entrance-usa-passport-without-visa/m0BDgkb5

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION   88,996    -- as of just now--only 11000 still needed and not long to go.
Come on--lets help!! 
SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 28, 2014 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
I would expect that - assuming Russia does not invade Ukraine in the next several weeks - that some type of much more loose travel arrangement will be made with Ukraine and the USA ......................

Interesting to keep an eye out

Offline JayH

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION   88,996    -- as of just now--only 11000 still needed and not long to go.
Come on--lets help!! 
SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 28, 2014 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000

About 8000 still needed--please help. ;D :clapping:

Offline lonedrake

• Trips: No Selection
Jay,

This is bad policy. I do not support the petition. This would only increase illegal immigration. There are many other ways to show support for Ukraine.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
About 8000 still needed--please help. ;D :clapping:

Why don't you spend your time pimping your own country instead?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
Great initiative! As of today -  Signatures needed by March 28, 2014 to reach goal of 100,000  - 4,125  Total signatures on this petition  -95,875
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:58:56 AM by Lily »
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline jone

Great initiative! As of today -  Signatures needed by March 28, 2014 to reach goal of 100,000  - 4,125  Total signatures on this petition  -95,875

Mine will not be among them.  It is bad policy for the US.  The Ukrainians that I know are all flocking back to their country in the hour of need.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

Not only a bad policy for the US with regard to illegal immigration, but a bad policy for Ukraine.  Ukraine needs its citizens to take a stand, not flee like rats from a sinking ship.

Offline Dewed

• Opted-Out
I'm on the edge of going either way.. Not every Ukraine citizen is capable of making a stand, and may need a temporary exit strategy for their safety, but does that egress need to lead to the US, across the Atlantic ocean to be processed by an already overburdened immigration process?

Offline JayH

The point some of you seem to be missing is that visa's for Ukrainians have been extremely hard to get. On the small sample on this forum we have read of many occassions where applications have been denied -for no obvious reason.Not only for relationship type issues but also for family and friends to be able to visit-- in many cases this has proven impossible to get a visa.
Stop thinking  of those that will not comply-- but of the 97% that will abide by the rules.It has nothing to do with deserting Ukraine-it is not a green card application--it is a visa to visit.

Only 1600 more required now--it has a good chance of getting to the next stage--please add your support.
 98400 people have supported this so far-- only a few days left to assist.

Offline JayH

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 28, 2014 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000  Now getting close=  11 needed !! :clapping:

My understanding is that a successful petition gets the idea a hearing -- so why not support it? I am sure it will contain checks and balances before being implemented-it still does not guarantee entry to US.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:21:50 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

100,362   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:11:01 AM by Dewed »

Offline JayH

Up to 102,000 now. It has to be a pretty fair effort--  congratulations to the organisers and good luck at the next stage.

:popcorn: ;D

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
Very well done! I figure how active the Ukrainians were in getting signatures!

Does anyone know whether such kind of vox populi indeed gets some consideration on the part of the U.S. government? My thinking is that anyone can create such voting on a question that is important to the creator, and the online voting just shows how many people think the same. It does not mean that the government will consider the petition, does it?
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Online Faux Pas

Very well done! I figure how active the Ukrainians were in getting signatures!

Does anyone know whether such kind of vox populi indeed gets some consideration on the part of the U.S. government? My thinking is that anyone can create such voting on a question that is important to the creator, and the online voting just shows how many people think the same. It does not mean that the government will consider the petition, does it?

My guess is that it will get zero play and go no where in changing U.S. policy. Also, my guess is that such a measure would require a bill passed by the Congress and the Senate and approved by the President or an Executive Order by the President. That said, online petitions don't carry much weight with law makers. If they are signed in written form and wholly from their constituents then, they may/may not pay attention.

I'm not usually dogmatic on such matters but, there is nothing at play or for lawmakers to gain from such a measure. I'd wager you'll never hear about this again

Offline GQBlues

There are stacks of petitions with millions of signatures that will likely never see the light of day. Considering the subject deals with one of our present national problems - illegal immigration - and during election year, the petition is a classic waste of time if not downright stupid.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Muzh

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

LOL.

Growing up along the west coast, I am hardly in-tuned to many of the east coast slangs, acronyms, etc...so it was but fairly recently that I came to know what the acronym 'WOP' meant. An infamous, sometimes derogatory term (acronym) used when foolishly describing Italian-Americans.

WithOut Papers.

:(

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
My understanding is, that if a petition reaches the target number of signers, that the White House will respond with an official answer, explaining their position and why or why not the aims of the petition will or will not be implemented.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1894
Total: 1905

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM