It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello guys!  (Read 56656 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Hello guys!
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
It can't be too tricky, as Romania has been handing out passports to Ukrainians like candy, for several years now.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »
It can't be too tricky, as Romania has been handing out passports to Ukrainians like candy, for several years now.

Maybe but I don't know anyone who has got any of that candy. )) Has it been only to the wealthy??
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
No.  It is probably more prevalent in Western Ukraine, as a lot of Western Ukrainians have at least one Romanian ancestor.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GM_Rod

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2018, 02:19:27 PM »
The trenchcoat...ians

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2018, 02:31:39 PM »
Here's what she said:

Apparently it takes 3 months.

But she knows people who did it in a day, for 100$.

I'm guessing she means euros?

But yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I was sure there would be a pay-to-win solution. Here we go, gentlemen!

Planning the trip right now. I will make you all happy and go to Russia.
But with a WORTHWHILE PURPOSE!
We will make a trip out of it and go to Moldova to get this sorted out.
I'm not a drinker but I hear Moldova has nice wine.
Stay tuned.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2018, 02:39:14 PM »
She just has to prove that one of her 16 great-grandparents had Romanian citizenship prior to 1945.

It is like doing the family history ... the grandparents should be able to give some background on this subject ... then look at the civil registration records in Moldova and Romania ...

http://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Romania_Civil_Registration
http://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Moldova_Civil_Registration

@Rod ... Good luck in this matter, and let us know how it works out.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »
Only FIVE posts and already THE most useful contributor !

Well done, mate

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »
Here's what she said:

Romanian Citizenship in just 3 months?? Dubious I am, unless there's bribery involved.

She'll also need a Schengen Visa to enter Romania I think, unless she applies for the citizenship remotely from Russia.

All the Best Rod  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:13:27 PM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »
What do you think the $100 are for? Of course there's bribery ahahahahah!!!
I'm from Brazil so I'm well familiarized with the concept.

Think about it. A passport is a printed paper. Sure, it's special so it can't be copied, and the cover has a microchip in it.
But every passport cover from the same country is exactly the same, except for the code they put into the chip.
How long does it take you to print a couple pages of colored material?
A few SECONDS?

How stupid is it that something like that should take 3 MONTHS? The only way I can see that justified, would be if EVERY citizen in the entire country, that's not that big anyway, orders a passport at the same time, and they use only one printer to do all of them. Which, no matter how small the country is, cannot be true.

I will go as far as say they put the delay in place on purpose, to "motivate" people into paying the bribe.
Brazil does this with driver's licenses and everything else you can possibly imagine as far as documents go.

Back to the matter at hand, she also said she does have a grandma in Moldova, so we're golden. She also did say she'd need to practice her speech because she hasn't spoken Romanian in a while...
And we might have to lie to grandma that we're engaged. Little detail. Ahahahaha I am so excited, this will make an amazing story even if it goes wrong.

Offline LAman

« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »
She just has to prove that one of her 16 great-grandparents had Romanian citizenship prior to 1945.

Still trying to figure that one Blighty???? Maybe she might have 32 great-grandparents with Romanian citizenship....gives better odds I guess!!! 

As for me, I only have 8.... but I guess ANYTHING I possible!!

Offline Blighty

« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
@LAman ... OK my maths was wrong! ... only 8 great-grandparents ... but she just needs to prove Romanian descent for a passport ... late last year, the British Press reported that official figures showed that 7,000 Moldovans had entered the UK using this method ... so it is possible!

@msmob ... thanks for the compliment ... I am here to help people with my knowledge and experience!

Offline LAman

« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
Here's what she said:

But yeah, I'm not surprised at all. I was sure there would be a pay-to-win solution. Here we go, gentlemen!

Planning the trip right now. I will make you all happy and go to Russia.
But with a WORTHWHILE PURPOSE!
We will make a trip out of it and go to Moldova to get this sorted out.
I'm not a drinker but I hear Moldova has nice wine.
Stay tuned.

As usual Rod, your mind works much faster than the rest of the world. You make it sound like a piece of cake. Go to Moldova, see grandma, file papers and get citizenship in one day. All for 100 euros?

Check this one out:

http://kingofromania.com/2017/06/23/how-to-get-a-romanian-passport/

This one is couple years back:

http://eleanorknott.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/as-a-moldovan-its-not-so-easy-to-get-romanian-citizenship-and-a-romanianeu-passport/

but don't let me burst any bubbles!!!

I do agree Rod, the Modovian wine is very good. Maybe you will time to visit a winery and celebrate!!

Offline LAman

« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »
@LAman ... OK my maths was wrong! ... only 8 great-grandparents ... but she just needs to prove Romanian descent for a passport ... late last year, the British Press reported that official figures showed that 7,000 Moldovans had entered the UK using this method ... so it is possible!

@msmob ... thanks for the compliment ... I am here to help people with my knowledge and experience!

Blighty, it's good I have 10 fingers and 10 toes or I would be in trouble!!! ))

Curious Blighty, how many of those 7000 were Russian?

Offline LAman

« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2018, 04:32:16 PM »
Rod, I found an article that can fast track citizenship process, albeit 5 years old, but they are in Chisinau!!!

BTW- if you need anything in Chisinau, Moldova, a close friend lives there. Maybe I can ask him about what is going on there re: Romanian citizenship?

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »
Ok I just read those.

I'm not seeing anything that's any different from what I had to do, to get my Portuguese passport, and comparatively, Portugal is HARDER:

My grandparents are Portuguese.
My parents are not.
Portugal doesn't allow getting it only through grandparents (like Romania does).
For me to get it, my dad had to get it.
Problem is, when my grandparents landed in Brazil, they only had one office to register everyone. In Rio de Janeiro.
Since then, they split it into multiple offices, and the order of what documents went where, is random.
So my dad had to go to Rio and go to each one, until he found grandma's records.
Then he had to get his citizenship. That took 6 months.
Then finally, I got mine. Another 6 months.

From what I see on the articles you posted, our strategy is in good shape. Worst case scenario, it will take 3 months. Which is what I was counting on, with the UK visa anyway. Except this makes her fully legal here, so it's a LOT better.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:37 PM »
Rod, I found an article that can fast track citizenship process, albeit 5 years old, but they are in Chisinau!!!

BTW- if you need anything in Chisinau, Moldova, a close friend lives there. Maybe I can ask him about what is going on there re: Romanian citizenship?

I would appreciate it very much. We need all the help we can get.

Offline LAman

« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »
Ok I just read those.

From what I see on the articles you posted, our strategy is in good shape. Worst case scenario, it will take 3 months. Which is what I was counting on, with the UK visa anyway. Except this makes her fully legal here, so it's a LOT better.

Rod, did you read the current one(first one)?

1. 500-1000 euros to do paperwork and acquire birth certificate

2. after submitting paperwork, can take a year or more to get citizenship papers

3. and after this, about 90 days to get passport

Offline LAman

« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
BTW Rod, thanks for the entertaining thread beats any frickin political talk that controls this site.

And I earned a little about the process for others.

To be honest with you, you are doing/going to do.....a lot for someone you know little about her true motives.

To get it straight, who first invited who to Russia and who first invited who to UK?(current)
 2 posts of yours said different things.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
That crapload of money is to obtain a certificate if they DON'T HAVE ONE. Which I'm in the process of finding out.
But, considering the English school here costs 1000 POUNDS a month, which is more than 1000 euros, I'd pay the 1k euros happily.
If grandma is already a citizen, which from what she told me, she is, there's also no one year to wait for citizenship papers.
And the 90 days are bribable. Even if they aren't, again, that's better than waiting 3 months on a UK visa that might get denied. Still better.

I've done a lot for a lot of people in my life, and that includes friends. For instance there's three other girls out there who have passports because I gave them passports. There's at least 5 girls out there driving cars because I taught them and paid for their licenses.
The list goes on.
I work like this: I am going to do my very best for the girl, as long as we intend to be together. If it doesn't work, fine, there's 8 billion people on the planet, I'll find another one. But at least, they walk away with something great from me. For life.
If their intentions are less than honorable, karma will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. I'm confident in that so I don't worry, my friend.

Now, here's, again, the Russia story:
I went to Ukraine first. Had an ok time there. But met many girls and stayed only a couple days with each. I was testing the waters (the original reason to chase FSU women, was that I was disappointed with american women, so my boss at the time, a Russian who is still a dear friend of mine, advised me to go and check out FSU women. So I did)
The second time around, I met this girl online and we connected a little better than most so the Russia trip was mostly about meeting HER. But, learning from the Ukraine trip, I went with caution, so I also met a couple other girls. This was especially good since, as stated, I didn't spend the entire time with her because her mother ruined everything (although when talking to ME, she was nice enough, if only a little suspicious, which is understandable, I have no idea what impression she had of Brazil and/or brazilians).

That trip was supposed to be followed by HER visit to Brazil but of course, mom and her stunts, took the passport and that didn't happen and we eventually kinda gave up. Brazil was too far, too expensive, too difficult.

Me coming to the UK has nothing to do with her.
I was supposed to stay in the US but failed to get a visa there after graduating from Berklee (www.berklee.edu).
Back in Brazil I was dilligent in leaving there so I tried Canada, but they denied my student visa.
So... being a Portuguese citizen, what is the one country that only speaks English, so I wouldn't have to learn a new language, and where I can still work with rock music?
UK, of course. And here I am.

When she emailed me and we got back in touch, she didn't know I was here.

You know the rest, I guess.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »

I've done a lot for a lot of people in my life, and that includes friends. For instance there's three other girls out there who have passports because I gave them passports. There's at least 5 girls out there driving cars because I taught them and paid for their licenses.
The list goes on.
I work like this: I am going to do my very best for the girl, as long as we intend to be together. If it doesn't work, fine, there's 8 billion people on the planet, I'll find another one. But at least, they walk away with something great from me. For life.

Great attitude to have Rod. when you are generous with others you get it back so much more.  I think playing music in a band really is a microcosm of how life and society works.  When people are in sync there is a collective energy.  If someone's rushing or playing odd rhythms it throws everyone else off. 

And we all know the guys who solo too long or tries to take over the direction of the music.  It just causes friction.  I think I've met all personalities through music.

This Moldovian passport route sounds like a good long term plan.  Hope it all comes together smoothly.

Btw, what's the big differences between Brazilian and Russian/Ukrainian girls?

Offline LAman

« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:19 PM »
Great attitude to have Rod. when you are generous with others you get it back so much more.  I think playing music in a band really is a microcosm of how life and society works.  When people are in sync there is a collective energy.  If someone's rushing or playing odd rhythms it throws everyone else off. 

And we all know the guys who solo too long or tries to take over the direction of the music.  It just causes friction.  I think I've met all personalities through music.

This Moldovian passport route sounds like a good long term plan.  Hope it all comes together smoothly.

The thighs and the booty of course!! ))

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »

Wow. You are a weird jazz musician.

Jazz is actually ALL about odd rhythms, everyone playing a different one at the same time and the more solos the better!

Are you sure you're not a closet rocker? ;-)

Here's a quick comparison between US, BR and UA girls.

US is all about appearances. They have better tricks to fool you into thinking they're hot. Check out Jenna Marbles' youtube channel. She actually has TUTORIALS on this. These girls can't do anything. They can't kiss, can't dance, can't dress (not really), can't cook, these are cold, stiff women, who will treat a date like a job interview, especially if you're not from the US. MANY US girls popped the "do you want a visa" question at me on the first date. Way to be rude. And don't get me started on that stupid feminism #metoo crap going on over there.

BR girls are more homely. In Brazil they don't leave home until they're married. Most girls know how to at least make a cup of coffee. Brazilians are attached to their families (mine is 100 people), they make friends easy and there's nobody on this planet who can party like a brazilian. This extends to girls. But, they have that latina blood. This means, they get hurt once, forget it. They are damaged goods forever and if you're nice, you will suffer for every bad guy who came before you. It will take a LONG time before they finally get over it and see that you're different. By then, they already destroyed all the feelings you had for them. Too late.

UA girls... here's a story: A village of about 100 people got attacked by an army 10 times the size. They resisted for months, until finally the commander of the larger army decided to offer a truce to talk to these people out of respect. One came out. The commander said "Out of respect for your bravery and strength, we will allow your women and children to pass unharmed, carrying whatever they can on their backs". The guy from the small village went back inside.
Moments later, the women came out... carrying the MEN on their backs.

See the difference?
To be blunt about the points I raised:
UA girls can kiss. Warm, affectionate and sexy as all hell, they can also DRESS. And you don't get spooked when you throw them under the shower, they are pretty FOR REAL, unlike the Americans. I actually took girls to WATER PARKS for the first date in the US to avoid this.
I had some of the best sex of my life in Ukraine (and that's saying a LOT for a Brazilian, trust me on that)
When a guy hurts a UA girl, she will brush it off like it's nothing, she knows it's his loss. And she won't lash out at the next one. She understands.
The Ukrainian girls were coming to my apartment and cooking MEALS for me on the first day. These are women who are raised to be wives. Brazil has a little of this but they're too proud and damaged.
Also, Americans, as we know, have little interest for anything that's outside of their borders. Brazilian girls mostly suffer this too. The family attachment can be a hindrance here, they don't want to leave everything behind to go away with you.
This is boring to me. I'm a guy who's been to over 10 countries. I need someone who says YES to things.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2018, 04:31:29 AM »
Curious Blighty, how many of those 7000 were Russian?

That information is not recorded ... this is a simple measure of the number of people born in Moldova who have entered the UK on a Romanian passport.

She will be questioned by Border Control about her reasons for visiting the UK. I get questioned on my return to the UK from Ukraine. They are just checking if I am a genuine traveller on legal business!

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2018, 04:51:22 AM »
How exciting .... I've not been questioned by the UK border folks when entering the UK since the troubles ended.. and I've been coming in from Russia, Israel, and been to other Middle Eastern places via Cyprus ..

Offline Blighty

« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2018, 05:58:47 AM »
Depends where you live ... I'm north of the Watford Gap and use a regional airport ... everyone gets the same questioning ... the UKBA have to justify their jobs and have some excitement in their boring days at a regional airport!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541449
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1402
Total: 1410

+-Recent Posts

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Yesterday at 08:06:48 AM