It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newly Joining the Married Club: Steve and T  (Read 25505 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Newly Joining the Married Club: Steve and T
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2019, 03:42:53 PM »
I'm not being judgemental, I'm just stating a fact. I really wouldn't. I wish Steve well and hope he enjoys the show. I wouldn't pretend to tell him or anyone else how to spend their money. I saw Elton many years ago and it was a good show, in the late 80's. I've liked a lot of his music mostly the early stuff but, I would not walk across the street to see him today. I especially wouldn't at those prices. IIRC, I paid less than 20 bucks to see Elton John. I do remember the day I heard a ticket to see Michael Jackson was 100 dollars. I thought then the world had gone insane.

Holy cheap besterd Batman!  :P MJ for 100 bucks and he turned it down!!!

Before the digital age, JT and Trower were a major dig for me/us. As close to the stage as possible. It really was all about trying to snap some guitar licks and riffs to see how they do certain progressions. Back in those days, it's really all you have to go by during the learning days. Now of course, youtube, tab sites, programs, etc...is everywhere. Learning any instrument now is almost elementary.

Back to pre-recorded tracks, one performer we follow and enjoy is Jesse Cook. No track riding on this guy. Last we saw him was at Saban in Beverly Hills (yup. freebie). They always carry a segment in their set where they actually walk down to the audience and play, quasi-acapella. JC was 3 people away from wifey and she was just mesmerized. He's definitely tops in our current list right now.

The only other guy I know who did the same type of act was Chris Isaak when he played at Fred Kavli.  He did the Elvis #Falling In Love.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:46:20 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
Went back to last year and reviewed the pictures.....
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22873.msg487682#msg487682
Congratulations from Texas....

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2019, 06:15:39 AM »
Holy cheap besterd Batman!  :P MJ for 100 bucks and he turned it down!!!

Before the digital age, JT and Trower were a major dig for me/us. As close to the stage as possible. It really was all about trying to snap some guitar licks and riffs to see how they do certain progressions. Back in those days, it's really all you have to go by during the learning days. Now of course, youtube, tab sites, programs, etc...is everywhere. Learning any instrument now is almost elementary.

Back to pre-recorded tracks, one performer we follow and enjoy is Jesse Cook. No track riding on this guy. Last we saw him was at Saban in Beverly Hills (yup. freebie). They always carry a segment in their set where they actually walk down to the audience and play, quasi-acapella. JC was 3 people away from wifey and she was just mesmerized. He's definitely tops in our current list right now.

The only other guy I know who did the same type of act was Chris Isaak when he played at Fred Kavli.  He did the Elvis #Falling In Love.

Not only did I turn it down, I made fun of several of my friends for paying that price AND going to that show lol. That was the "Bad" tour IIRC. The white glove, Pepsi sponsor and the whole sha'bang. MJ was hardly my particular cuppa joe. It was in the Gator Bowl. I couldn't conceive 100 bucks (I really think it was $120) to see him especially in that venue that would hold about 100K people. I'm sure I'd never paid more than $25 for a ticket at that time and I had been to many concerts in the days of the 70's 80's and well into the 90's.

I must have seen 100+ artists of the day. I've always loved Trower sadly, never saw him live "bridge of sighs"

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
Well,

Trip to scandinavia is set.  I will meet T and our nephew at the end of July at Copenhagen airport.

Our itineray:

- Day 1:   Meet at the airport.  Spend night at hotel near airport.
- Day 2:   Get car rental, drive to Gothenburg, Sweden.  Maybe stop at Malmo.  Night in Gothenburg
- Day 3:   Day and night in Gothenburg.
- Day 4:   Drive 8 hrs to Kjeragbolten, Norway.  Bypass Oslo.  Spend night at a nearby campground that has cabins.
- Day 5:   Seceninc drive to Tyssedal.  Spend night at a guesthouse. 
- Day 6:   Hike Trolltunga.  Drive to Bergen.  Spend 4 nights there.
- Day 7-9: Bergen.  Perhaps day trips to nearby areas, including Vøringfossen.
- Day 10:  Drive to Gudvangen.  Take cruise on Naeroyfjord and Aurlandsfjord.  Drive to Slinde to spend the night.
- Day 11:  Drive to Geiranger.  Spend 2 nights at a tent/yurt in nearby Valldalen.
- Day 12:  Day in Valldalen/Geiranger area.  Maybe go rafting?
- Day 13:  Drive to Alesund, see the town.  Drive to Bruhagen area to spend 2 nights.
- Day 14:  Hike at nearby Trollkirka.  Drive across Storseisundet Bridge on Atlantic Road.  Perhaps take a viking boat to Haholmen Havstuer.
- Day 15:  Drive to Oslo, via inland route.  Stop to see Trollveggen.  Spend night in Oslo.
- Day 16:  See the Scream painting at Munch museum in Oslo.  Look around the city.  Take Stena Line overnight ferry from Oslo to Frederikshavn, Denmark.
- Day 17:  Drive across Denmark to Copenhagen.  Return rental car.  Spend 3 nights in Copenhagen.
- Days 18-20:  Copenhagen.  Fly back on Day 20.

It took a month to plan the above.  The first week we set tentative dates and I booked several places, with only 3 days left unplanned.  Then a week later T decided to get serious and researched for the trip, and rearranged everything.  The initial plan was to go clockwise around Norway, first goint to Stavanger, then Tyssedal, then Bergen.  She changed it to counter-clockwise: Oslo, then Otta, Kristansund, Alesund, Geiranger, etc.  She said the clockwise route was stupid - everyone was recommending counter-clockwise.  I replied, "f* convention, let's got clockwise."  She laughed.  She used that phrase more or less on me about getting in line first to board a plane on a previous trip - she liked to sit on a nice comfy chair and wait until the boarding line dwindled.  I asked, "But what about our carry-on?  There will be no room."  She responded, "Let the airline worry about that - it's their job to find luggage space."

I was able to convince her to keep the original route, more or less, and she shortened our stay in Bergen from 8 days to 4 and added several intermediate stops.

I am requested to bring some comic books.  Also, a strong flashlight for the troll caves, her hiking boots that she left here, and binoculars.  The comic books are for our nephew, who thinks they will help him to read and learn more english. 

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Importing a woman and lots of baggage
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »
It is stupid.  Like some other posts here.

This post was doomed from the start by the choice of subject line. "Importing a woman and lots of baggage".

You are being to harsh on this man.
Sometimes there is the urge to be humorous in various situations.
And sometimes it doesn't sit well with the audience.
But that is more of a reflection on the audience than the poster.

Lighten up !!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2019, 02:43:57 AM »
What is going on?  Why was the above post from ML moved from the original Topic and placed here?  It has no bearing on the ongoing relationship between T and me.

???

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2019, 02:58:23 AM »
Anyway, back on topic...

In two days I am flying out to reunite with T.  I will arrive in Copenhagen via Iceland Air in the morning and have a full day before T and her nephew arrives. 

T and her nephew are taking an overnight train to Kyiv today.  Right now she is at a spa getting a facial and manicure.  Now that I think about it, every time we meet  T has gotten some type of beauty treatment done in preparation.   :D

Do your wives do this as well?  Not necessarily when getting together after being apart, but regular beauty treatments even after marriage?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »
Anyway, back on topic...

In two days I am flying out to reunite with T.  I will arrive in Copenhagen via Iceland Air in the morning and have a full day before T and her nephew arrives. 

T and her nephew are taking an overnight train to Kyiv today.  Right now she is at a spa getting a facial and manicure.  Now that I think about it, every time we meet  T has gotten some type of beauty treatment done in preparation.   :D

Do your wives do this as well?  Not necessarily when getting together after being apart, but regular beauty treatments even after marriage?

))

Steve, why do you think getting married means an FSU lady stops caring about her appearance?!

Enjoy Copenhagen... Take them over the Øresund Bridge to Malmö in a clear day...

Offline Steamer

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2019, 08:07:10 AM »

You can count on this.
FSU women always want to look their best not only for you but for everyone.
My wife looks her absolute best when we go to family functions for the grandkids and my ex is there, hilarity ensues.

Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2019, 08:32:35 AM »
Anyway, back on topic...

My wife, past girlfriends and AFAIK, generally most women anywhere period. Beauty salon, products etc...are a multi-billion dollar business worldwide. Hell, walk into a regular shopping mall and the shops are literally 10:1 in ratio geared for women v men.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:29:57 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »
Not all of us have adopted Shopping Mall culture and I find that a pleasant alternative in E.European and rural UK/ IRL / Cyprus existence...

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2019, 10:12:11 AM »
Congrats on the nuptials Steve. 

Your Kiss video brought back some fun memories.  As a youngster I was able to see Motley Crue,Van Halen, Rush, Dokken, Tesla, Def Leppard, Tom Petty, Jimmy Buffet (always a favorite), Kiss, a lot of other glam rockers like Poison/Guns&Roses.   
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:18:34 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2019, 12:54:16 AM »
Thank you Live.

Last night T made me send her a list of our reservations.  She wanted the confirmation codes as well, which made me go through all my emails from the various bookings.  I discovered I booked two places for Aug 04 and no place for Aug 03.  Fortunately, I was able to contact the campground in Suleskard and change the reservation for a cabin to Aug 03.

At first I thought T had me on busy work. I already had the bookings marked on the calendar.  I am very glad she made me do it.!)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »
Thank you Live.

Last night T made me send her a list of our reservations.  She wanted the confirmation codes as well, which made me go through all my emails from the various bookings.  I discovered I booked two places for Aug 04 and no place for Aug 03.  Fortunately, I was able to contact the campground in Suleskard and change the reservation for a cabin to Aug 03.

At first I thought T had me on busy work. I already had the bookings marked on the calendar.  I am very glad she made me do it.!)

Nothing like a good FSU woman to keep your ass straight!  ;)
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2019, 06:09:23 AM »
Hi guys, I am back from Norway and Copenhagen (and a bit of Sweden).

It was a fantastic trip.  We really enjoyed our time in Norway.  Beautiful scenery, friendly people and pretty good food.  One thing I didn't expect was all the tunnels.  It started with a 7 km tunnel that went under the sea in Drobak.  When we planned the drive I thought it was a ferry route, then T said it was a bridge.  Found out when we stopped at a COOP supermarket just before crossing into Norway that it was a tunnel.

The longest tunnel we took was 14 km through the mountain from Gudvanger to Flam (which was followed by a second tunnel of 7 km).  That was very unnerving- about 1/2 of it was unpaved and under construction, which filled the tunnel with dust and reduced visibility drastically.

The coolest tunnels were the two that was in either side of the bridge across Hardanderfjord near the town of Eidfjord.  Both tunnels were huge, with a traffic roundabout inside each.

Two places stood out for T.  One was a cabin we rented on Airbnb near the Atlantic coast road.  It was a small dacha, in essence, but she loved the design and decoration.  There were hand painted wood vallances with scenes of giant women, dwarfs and trolls.  There were other similar painted woodwork throughout the place.

The second place was Copenhagen.  T really liked the architecture and lifestyle there.  She considers it second behind Athens as her favorite places to live.  I was impressed with the metro there.  We stayed at an apartment in a new development area near Vestamanger metro station, which also seemed newly built.   The station was the last stop of the M1 line, with a train every 5 minutes.  Copenhagen city center was only about 15 minutes ride.  The trains were new, designed more like the newer airport trams like the ones in Heathrow or Munich.  They had limited seats and more space dedicated to standing or bringing a bicycle or stroller.

Oh, and there were tons of bicycles.  Every metro station had dedicated bicycle parking racks filled with bikes.  Our apartment building had a courtyard filled with bicycle stands filled with, er, bicycles.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Newly Joining the Married Club: Steve and T
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »

Does the Pope poop in the woods?

Angel Eyes has many regimens and beauty treatments for everything
from her face, her hair, her nails, her feet, to any cellulite (real or
imagined), her teeth, her breath, her skin, etc.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:09:37 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
T had her hair colored and styled a day before the trip.  She went to a relatively high end place in Kyiv and spent about $130.  She colored it orange-blonde to "fit in with the Danes", but we rarely saw any red/oranged haired people (gingers?)

I think we would have had better luck in Scotland?  Anyway, by the 3rd week her hair was more orange than blonde and she fitted in by becoming a troll.   No, really.  During the trip she searched for a troll souvenir - keychain, statue, magnet, whatever - and couldn't find any she liked.  On the Stena line ferry back to Denmark, I took a 360 photo from the top deck of the ship as it steamed away from Oslo.  T stood next to me making funny faces for the photo, but because of the way it stitches frames together for the panoramic shot, her face ended up distorted.  Troll.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick update.  It's been 3 months since T and I were together.  I am heading over to visit her in Ukraine for the holidays - Christmas to Christmas.

Last week T got her tourist visa for New Zealand (hooray!).  It was a pretty intense process - a bit more difficult than the process for a US visa. 

The visa is good for a single entry for up to 30 days, by April 7.  That is 5 months and a few days from the date when she applied, and 4 months and a bit from when she was approved.  Not 3 months or 6 months.  Odd.

We are planning a 3 week trip from Feb 14 to March 8.  I am flying to Frankfurt on Feb 14, for us to fly together from there to Auckland (on Korean Air).  We are spending about a week in Auckland.  We are going to the Elton John concert on Feb 20, then flying out the next day to Christchurch.

From Christchurch we are renting a campervan to tour the south island.  Nelson, Franz Joseph and Fox glaciers, Dunedin, Invercargill, Te Anau, Milford sound, Mt Cook, Queenstown.  Then flight back to Auckland to drive to Rotorua and Hobbiton.

On the return flight we have a 19 hour layover in Seoul, South Korea.  I'm hoping we have enough stamina to stay out all night to maximize our time. 

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Fortunately White Island is not on your NZ list ;D:

Milan's "Duomo"

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
It's been 3 months since T and I were together.

On the return flight we have a 19 hour layover in Seoul, South Korea.  I'm hoping we have enough stamina to stay out all night to maximize our time.

I remember those days just before going to see Angel Eyes. One time
we were playing a friendly game of Texas Hold-em with friends when I
lived in a camp trailer in the middle of a field in the winter in North Dakota.

There were two aces on the table and I had two aces in my hand.
I had a 4 of a kind. My buddy had cards which gave him a full house.
He would have bet all his chips but like an idiot I told him that I had
a pair of aces in my hand and he folded.

They all gave me grief but I didn't care.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:07:51 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
Don't tell us you had 4 eights !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
Don't tell us you had 4 eights !!

Ok, I won't
FSUW don't do vague

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »
LOL, what?

I thought it was aces and eights.  I'm glad Bill didn't have pocket 8's.  ;)

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »
I'm currently waiting for a sandwich at a restaurant at Terminal E at Logan.  In about 14 hrs I'll be meeting T on Christmas day.

I wonder if she'll wear a big red bow... 8)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »
I wonder if she'll wear a big red bow... 8)

Hopefully the bow is on her and not on some boring voucher good for at the borscht of the month club.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM